[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really THAT bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: smb_u.s._vhs.jpg (104KB, 580x879px) Image search: [Google]
smb_u.s._vhs.jpg
104KB, 580x879px
Was it really THAT bad?
>>
it says right there it's a blast you dumbass
>>
>>378542496
It was a great movie. It just wasn't a mario movie.

Hoskins and Legwizzamo hated filming it, and it ended up totally different to what it was supposed to be, but goddamn was it entertaining.

It's all in the setting and the attitude really. It was a really stylistic film. Also it had some awesome shit on the soundtrack.
>>
>>378542496
The writers and directors swear that acid was not involved
>>
It was great
>>
>movie was originally a mature, dark film
>producers actually went on set and told director that it was supposed to be a Mario Bros movie
>director quits
>new directors selected
>they just take the existing set pieces and just work around it

What a clusterfuck of a movie.
>>
From what I remember it's more of a Ninja Turtles movie than a Mario Bros. movie.

Even for the time it was really really bad in every sense.
>>
OPEN THE DOOR
>>
>>378542496
It's actually a great film.
>>
>>378542496
The directors were knsa apparently and the whole cast and crew hated them.

https://youtu.be/od-FughI-C8

Good review and background review here.
>>
I watched it again last night and loved it, but I enjoy bad film so don't listen to me.

There's a certain charm in two goofy actors trying to meld a japanese, cliche'd video game character into like a brooklyn mutt in a dinosaur universe
>>
>>378545274
Were a couple**
>>
>>378545274
he's a little too easy on the movie, just because it vomited references to the games willy nilly doesn't mean it isn't severely divorced from the source material
>>
>>378545487
Oh I agree, I just think the background he provides is quite intersting.
>>
File: The_Koopa_Tower.jpg (115KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
The_Koopa_Tower.jpg
115KB, 1200x680px
Looking back at it now I appreciate for how off the wall batshit it is as a re-imagining of Mario's world. Maybe at the time when Mario was still relatively new it seemed retarded but now over 20 years later when Nintendo has been shoving out the same Mario shit for decades it's a really unique and refreshing perspective. And for fuck sake between Lou Albano and Bob Hoskins it's abundantly clear that gruff New York Mario that was the popular image at the time is so much fucking better than the unhinged whooping psychopath he is in the games.
>>
>>378546216
God is there anything better than models and matte paintings of run-down futuristic megaplex-shitholes?
>>
Like the anon above, I always kinda liked it because it was so out there.

As a kid my biggest complaints were
1) no Bowser
2) Yoshi looked nothing like Yoshi

But as a kid you'll watch anything, and i liked it quite a bit.

These days it's kinda fun to watch clips and see how out-there the sets and world was. People saying it's an abomination or the worst video game movie ever are just meme'ing idiots - I can think of at least one or two Street Fighter movies (like that shitty Chun Li one) that are a million times worse than Mario Bros.
>>
>>378546796
>no Bowser
Wrong
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.