[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on magikarp jump, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6299.png (665KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6299.png
665KB, 1536x2048px
thoughts on magikarp jump, /v/?
>>
>>378524096
>random chance to immediately lose all progress if you do some of the only choices in the game
It's shit
>>
It's a terrible take on a clicker/incremental game with incredibly slow progress and bare bones choices and interactions. There are hundreds of better games of the same kind out there.

But it's Pokeshit so people will eat it up.
>>
>>378524723
Drones

like a year ago they was complaining about mobile eating up handheld space

now they have threads on gacha shit daily
>>
>>378524723
anon, every single clicker game is shit. I don't want you to live out the rest of your life thinking that genre is anything more than a huge waste of time.
>>
>>378524096
There has been much better upgrade flash games than this piece of trash.

>pokemon
Retards will eat that shit anyway.

I predict the next one will be an idler/clicker game.
>>
>>378524096
I got a Golden Magikarp at my third try, decent time waster with some humor. There're better games out there but I don't tend to complain about free stuff
>>
>>378524096
I prefer pokemon go
>>
>>378524839
Play A Dark Room or Trimps. I would have also mentioned Clicker Heroes if the devs didn't go ultrajew with it and block later progress behind a soft paywall.
>>
>>378524096
I installed it, but between work, family, Vanquish and Dragon Quest VII, I don't have the time to waste on this shit.
>>
>>378525130
You literally just swipe over things and tap a few times. Do it while you shit, why do you think it would take up actual game time.
>>
>>378525130
How far into DragonQuest 7 do I gotta go before it get interesting?
I'm at the volcano, and I feel like I'm barely out of the tutorial.
>>
>>378525793
If you're at the volcano and you still don't like it, you might as well quit. There's a reason why it lasts for around a hundred hours: it's really slow and it's NOT picking up pacing because that's against its own design goal. The whole point of the game is its soothingly glacial experience. If you want a more to-the-point DQ, play 5 or 3.
>>
>>378526492
It's not that I don't like it, I like the combat and the story has me interested, I just want either more party members or more abilities for the ones I got. Im at level 10 and I can either used regular attacks and be out of HP in four fights, of use the red heads AoE spell and be out of MP in four fights. I'm not against grinding, when you can grind for more than five fights without running back to the start to heal.
>>
>>378526732
There's a fucking humongous class system. You can pick any class for any character and as you level up the first batch new classes are unlocked which unlock even further classes. It's a system similar to DQVI's if you've played that. Wait for that to appear, which is about 15-20 hours into the game or so.
>>
>>378525046
What about Candy box
>>
>>378527080
So just hold out and be rewarded. Sweet. I picked it up because I heard of the class system
Then been stuck with shit for three islands.
>>
>>378527393
Even the first combat in the game appears, like, five hours in or so. The game has EVERYTHING, but is purposefully glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaciaaaaaaaaaaaaal.
>>
>>378525046
I would truly rather die than start exploring clickers
>>
File: molamola.png (609KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
molamola.png
609KB, 1440x900px
>not playing the superior fish-based progression game
>>
>>378527203
Very good game, but also very old. It's like the first of it's genre.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.