[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: dark souls.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Get stabbed in the back while facing your opponent.

Is amour even relevant in this game?

It seems to me that what determines whether or not you win a fight is how well you know how to exploit a game mechanic that completely violates the laws of physics.

So basically, whoever knows how to exploit this game mechanic the best wins, which make armor irrelevant. How is this fun?
>>
It isn't, which is why nobody plays anymore.
>>
>>378519623

>Is amour even relevant in this game?

Armour is not relevant in any souls game. Just to look good, hence the name Fashion Souls when it comes to armor. You can beat the game naked if you want.

>It seems to me that what determines whether or not you win a fight is how well you know how to exploit a game

It's not. Dark souls pvp is laggy bullshit like you describe most of the time.

Git gud
>>
>>378519816
>Git gud

Why even bother? Getting good in this game is literally like studying to become a script kiddie. I don't want to be an expert at cheese.
>>
>playing dark souls for pvp
this is incorrect
>>
>>378519816
>Armour is not relevant in any souls game
>What is poise in DS1
Without any you will easily get stunlocked by anyone who manages to smash r1 repeatedly near you.
>>
>>378520473
Wolf ring should cover any poise need you may have while still looking fabulous.
Also, don't get hit by r1 smashers, just roll.
>>
>>378520676
or tank their hits with giantdad armor and hit them in the head with a zweihander.
>>
File: 1494595784509.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
1494595784509.png
104KB, 243x297px
>host starts circling for a backstab
>sidestep and backstab him
>he keeps trying to do it
Do these people even think?
>>
>>378520747
THE LEGEND NEVER DIES
>>
I can't find other players in DS3 on PC. Just a week ago I was playing online just fine, invading, getting summoned, being invaded every time I was embered etc. But for a week now I've been unable to play online at all except for this single time two days ago when some guy named Bob invaded me at lothric wall. Have I been banned or something? I already tried resetting my router. I can still see orange soapstone texts left by other players just fine so at least i'm connected online.
>>
>can't strafe without locking on
>can't run backwards while facing your opponent without locking on
>locking on makes you vulnerable to backstab exploit.

Nope. Fuck this game.
>>
>>378521254
The whole series is dead.
>>
>>378519973
Getting good in any game is the same. Dark Souls is not any different. Repetition equals gitting gud.
>>
>>378519623
Armor is kind of relevant, the gold hemmed set has like second best fire resistance and best poison, you'll take more physical but it makes a difference fighting pyromancers and poison cucks, but in the end, being light is better and learn to parry
>>
>>378521501
no, there is getting god at doing something that involves logical laws physics and then there is getting good at something that isn't physically possible and when you do it it literally breaks immersion.

I understand the game has magic and magic isn't really possible, but when a game mechanic is supposed to mimic the laws of physics to execute a physical attack, someone shouldn't be able to make your character do a 180 degree turn in a microsecond when your facing them unless you call it magic and give that ability a skill name.
>>
>>378521647
this
>>
>>378521498
But like I said, i was playing just fine a week ago. Finding multiple other people to coop with and invade. Then all of a sudden the next day i cannot find anyone at all.
>>
>>378519623
>Is amour even relevant in this game?
No, and that's not a bad thing, stop playing WRPGs that overpower you to a ridiculous degree
>>
>>378521885
dark souls overpowers you to a ridiculous degree, though
>>
>>378521885
Grind enough in almost any JRPG and you are godlike.
>>
>>378521647
yep. that's exactly why I quit.

It's why I never bought two or three as well.
>>
>Don't do PVP
Geez, that was a hard solution OP. Taking PvP in any Souls game is a wasted effort and hardly worth it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.