[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 2849647-6803049559-27465.png (153KB, 3050x2233px) Image search: [Google]
2849647-6803049559-27465.png
153KB, 3050x2233px
>As a veteran PC gamer this software I view it as a virus

>I discovered it actually behaves like one

>this is worse than Denuvo

last week I decided to uninstall Steam since I got tired of my family shared games. (i never purchased anything on steam)

Upon uninstall it deleted half my desktop icons and rendered 4 non-steam games unplayable

I found out that its a well known "feature" to make sure it does a "complete uninstall"
>>
>a veteran PC gamer
I laughed.
>>
That's what you get for not purchasing a Nintendo Switch, this console would never tamper with your PC data and has exclusive, better games, and the definitive version of some great titles like Mario Kart 8 and soon TES V: Skyrim
>>
>>378513612

You installed it to a ill thought out custom directory that was sharing data with other applications, didn't you?
>>
>>378514060

This. Had it happen to me many times. Gotta watch where your installations are, and never put it where an uninstall will wreck everything. Shoot, just moving a folder's install directory will screw with every shortcut I have on my desktop. I installed starcraft 3 times because of that little blunder.
>>
File: doggo.png (244KB, 429x367px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
244KB, 429x367px
itt technologically retarded baboons
>>
>>378513612
>Things that didn't actually happen
>>
File: dfghdfgages.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
dfghdfgages.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>378514060
>>378514201
some people might think its a vindictive action by steam developers

BUT ITS OK WHEN STEAM DOES IT

I also lost a document containing all my fucking passwords

>not even viruses are this vindictive
>>
>>378514537
You had a document containting "all your passwords"?
Wow, just wow.
>>
>>378514537
>gets blown out
>tries to recover with "bu..but it..it's ooookay"
>doesn't understand the fault is on himself for being stupid
>even saves passwords in a doc and not having them in a physical storage medium, like a simple note book or something
Nothing here makes you look good, only worse.
>>
>>378513612
> veteran PC gamer
> doesn't know how to install to custom path
>>
File: 11.jpg (10KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
10KB, 300x210px
>>378514869
>>doesn't understand the fault is on himself for being stupid

I hate tools like you in real life. Steam is a multi-million dollar company with thousands of employees and they cant make a properly uninstall for their software

UNLESS its done on purpose of course ;^)
>>
>>378515031
If you install a software in %directory% uninstaller should delete the whole %directory% , that is good expected behaviour
If you install steam in D:\Games instead of D:\Games\Steam or whatever your custom path is, you are literally retarded.
>>
>>378515417
>you are literally retarded

no you are

I have scientific evidence you are retarded

you have a $1000 euros of games on steam

you paid $1000 euros for torrents. try to sell your steam account to get to know the real life value of your ones and zeros
>>
>>378515627
Anon I don't even have steam
>>
>>378514537
>he doesn't back up his files
How's it feel being cucked?
>>
Steam is cancer, I uninstalled it years ago and only pirate, buy from GOG when I play on PC.
>>
>>378513612
You're not a "veteran PC gamer" if you are a filthy creature who pirate games. You deserve to be murdered.
>>
>>378515417
>If you install a software in %directory% uninstaller should delete the whole %directory% , that is good expected behaviour

That's very debatable. Personally, as a developer, I would never remove a file from a user's computer that I didn't put there. If such a situation came up I would notify them that the relevant directories were not removed as they were not empty and then let the user decide what to do. That, I think, is the good expected behavior as it's how almost all prepackaged installers operate. That being said, I'd never assume that's what all uninstall processes are going to do.
>>
File: 1472010545064.png (298KB, 634x586px) Image search: [Google]
1472010545064.png
298KB, 634x586px
>>378514537
>i can't just write my password on a piece of paper or god forbid just remember them and not write random gibberish with numbers
>>
>>378514537
>I also lost a document containing all my fucking passwords

you are a goddamn retard just for having a digital document with passwords and you deserve everything you get
>>
File: 1346565824971.jpg (7KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1346565824971.jpg
7KB, 170x213px
>>378517752
muh niggah

I just really hope that someone steps up in the digital distribution market to stop steam's de facto monopoly so we can have some real improvements
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.