[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: shh_unofficial_soundtrack.jpg (445KB, 972x972px) Image search: [Google]
shh_unofficial_soundtrack.jpg
445KB, 972x972px
>>
Fuck the haters. This felt just like a silent hill game.
>>
It's charming trash.
>>
>>378511803
the 3rd worst SH game to date
>>
>>378511803
best bosses of any silent hill game
>>
>>378511803
>This felt just like a silent hill game.

Except for the parts that felt just like Saw and Hostel.
>>
>>378511803
Better SH game, than Downpour and that insufferable fucking garbage that is SM.

>inb4 some contrarian autist starts praising SM for it's (((innovative))) and mechanics/gimmicks and non-existant atmosphere while it's in no way scary, annoying hallway sim with brain dead puzzles that only has one redeeming feature which is soundtrack
>>
>>378511803
I unironically liked it a lot more than SH2.
I could barely finish HC (too scared ;-;) whereas I had to literally force myself to play through SH2.
>>
>>378511818
*felt like the movie
>>
>>378515642
>and that insufferable fucking garbage that is SM.
You can fuck off. SM was literally the only GOOD western SH game, and a magnificent experience in general. Nothing "contrarian" about that.
>>
>>378517758
Elaborate then, how is it good, you tasteless cuck.
>>
>>378511803
I liked when it first came out, the twist was cool despite making the whole being good at combat part of Alex fall to pieces.

Better than Downpour where the entire story can change depending on the Telltale choices you make throughout the game and therefore makes it a fucking mess.
>>
>>378517927
Magnificent atmosphere, detailed environments with a lot of variation possibilities, great OST as always, pretty great plot, and neat way of using Wii's gimmicks in general, even if the end result in that sense is still a bit underwhelming.

Shattered Memories got plenty of unnecessary flak even before it was released; I'm guilty of this as well. The moment you realize that it is not a remake of the original SH, but it's very own entity merely utilizing your own memories and expectations of things against you, the game actually becomes a fascinating, atmospheric experience.

Cons: Not really scary and puzzles are poor. SM really is not a survival horror game.
>>
File: IMG_0769.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>378515642

ITS LIKE POTTERY

>>378518393

MIND=BLOWN>>378518393
>>
>>378518393
>all that marketer speak

You've been brainwashed, anon.

SM is a boring piece of crap with a shitty psychotherapy gimmick that adds almost nothing to gameplay/story.
>>
File: 1466507139505.jpg (19KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
1466507139505.jpg
19KB, 443x332px
>>378511818
It didn't. It lack any sense of direction, was linear as fuck, it was heavenly inspired by the movie, it destroyed the meaning of Pyramid Head just for the sake of fanservise, the OST was derivative as fuck, the graphic were outdated, and the character design were ugly as sin. Not to mention that it was also broken on a technical level.

The only thing good in it was some monsters design, the general idea behind the story, and maybe, maybe, the combat.
>>
>>378511818
I didn't hate it. I disliked the last couple areas and the story was bland, but stuff like no loading in areas and enemies coming after you through doors was fantastic. I also thought the Scarlet boss battle was pretty memorable, and one of the better bosses in the series.
>>
>>378518562
Your denial is absolutely adorable.
Nobody brainwashed me, besides making me believe for years that SM would be the worst shit since Marmite.

Like so many times before, when I finally got to play it myself, I was blown away. I've now finished it 5 times, and witnessed two other people play it through from scratch, and it's easily one of the more interesting gaming experiences out there. The attention to details i the environments and the whole urban explorer vibe are just cream on the top for me.

SH1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > shit > the rest.
>>
File: Silent Hill Origins Cover.jpg (59KB, 638x446px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill Origins Cover.jpg
59KB, 638x446px
Step aside Homecoming, here's a better game that is given even less appreciation.
>>
>>378518853
Origins is almost as bad as Downpoor.
Terrible gameplay, laughably bad plot, and it's also a complete, utter lore-rape for the original trilogy.
>>
>>378518840
That's a pretty decent rating, I'll give you that.
Which makes the fact that you actually liked SM even more baffling.
>>
>>378518853
Canonfags hate this one, but in all honesty it isn't that bad.
>>
File: 1466535731310.jpg (89KB, 829x776px) Image search: [Google]
1466535731310.jpg
89KB, 829x776px
>>378518891
>utter lore-rape for the original trilogy.
>>378518947
>Canonfags hate this one

Pottery
>>
>>378518891
>Terrible gameplay,
Lies, it has some solid areas with decent puzzles. The world hopping made places like the theater and hotel particularly memorable.

Downpour was way fucking worse,don't be like that.
>>
With all these HD remakes being made I hope they make a current or next gen SH1.
>>
File: 2.jpg (37KB, 339x192px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
37KB, 339x192px
You fucking idiots, this is the only good western SH because it didn't try and fail to be a horror game.
>>
>>378519078
Just get out.
>>
Something we can all agree on is that Homecoming has the most underwhelming joke ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myeDeblTato
>>
>>378519070
Konami doesn't make games anymore.

Also, please God no.
>>
>>378519184
Hey fuck you, stop sucking on Double Helix's dick just because they also did Killer Instinct.
>>
>>378511803
is that kid a dummy?
>>
>>378519078
Friendly reminder that this game made of Twin Perfect, part of the canon of the series.

>it didn't try and fail to be a horror game

It fail to be a decent dungeon crawler and fail miserably. Hell, it fail to even be a decent game.
>>
>>378518910
>Which makes the fact that you actually liked SM even more baffling.
Believe me, I'm a total old-fag SH fan, and I was certain I'd hate SH:SM to death because of it seemingly only making fun of SH1, plus being a pacifist wagglan game with ice instead of rust, on a Nintendo machine at that. Fortunately it ended up being its very own experience, that just cleverly utilizes all your own prior knowledge and expectations of the series against you. And as simple and predictable as the psycho-analysis stuff might be, it adds a fascinating layer to the game, especially if you get to play it with friends or your potential soul-mate of opposite sex.

>>378519034
Breaking weapons + unlimited inventory = recipe for shit train. The controls are also quite horrible, the game has literal QTE monster grabs, MC can't run more than few seconds before running out of breath, yet some enemies can always hit him with 100% accuracy... list goes on.

The whole mirror-jumping thing is also absolutely ridiculous, removes the uncertainty and excitement of otherword switches, and again it goes against all set rules of the original game.

I do agree that DP was worse, but not by a huge margin.
>>
5/10 game
>>
>>378519245
I don't suck anyone's dick neither do I give a single fuck about KI.

You're just an idiot with shittest taste possible and there's literally nothing worth to discuss with you.
>>
>>378519280
Let go of your hate boner for WayForward
>>
>>378519280
>It tried* to be a decent dungeon crawler and failed miserably

ftfy
>>
File: 1452197187392.jpg (128KB, 400x442px) Image search: [Google]
1452197187392.jpg
128KB, 400x442px
If you think that Downpour is the best western SH then you're agreeing with Zero Punctuation.
>>
>>378519312
>shittest taste possible
No, shittest taste would be calling The Arcade the best SH game.
>>
>>378519403
Downpour is worse than Homecoming.

Yahtzee a shit.
>>
>>378519282
>Breaking weapons + unlimited inventory = recipe for shit train.
What does this even mean? The massive inventory was silly, yeah, but the combat was certainly no less ridiculous than James swinging a pipe like a geriatric old man. It fit with Travis's character as a rough brutal fighter, and added some variety in terms of what you were attacking with. Disagree on the controls too, but I'm a SH oldfag so I'm not even phased by anything.

Not even going to argue lore stuff, not worth it, but I will say that I disagree with you on the otherworld switches. Not every game has to be the same, and shamelessly aping off SH1-3 are partly why Homecoming and Downpour are so shitty.
Disagree completely.
>>
there is no point of playing SH after 3.
>>
>>378519579
But 4 is right after 3.
>>
>>378519535
Well now you're agreeing with IGN.
>>
>>378519605
You heard him.
>>
>>378519629
They gave the HD collection a 9.

IGN a shit, everyone a shit.
>>
The main problem with this game is that it lacks identity, due to the fact that it copies the movie by just dragging in the nurses and Pyramid Head.

But there is a lot to love, it has a great story and atmosphere and Shepherd's Glen is a fucking great town. Also, great music.
>>
>>378511818
>REEEEE NOT TEAM SILENT REEEEEE

I enjoyed it alot. Also Alex theme is super comfy
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.