[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>378508369
Yes, it was. I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for it.
>>
it produced very few memes
>>
it's not bad, the gameplay is solid but the experience all together is intensely mediocre and it's just more of the same as HR, just even less memorable.
>>
>>378508369
It's half a game. They made half a game. If they made a whole game it would be decent.
>>
The gameplay is completely solid, and the story we see is interesting enough. The problem is the story just ends without a real conclusion due to shit obviously being cut to be sold as a sequel, and the game is filled with bullshit microtransactions and an online mode that is straight out of a mobile game.

Its a good game severely crippled by square enix fucking with it.
>>
So... there's like, literally half the number of weapons in MD compared to HR

dafuq?
>>
>>378508369
deus ex universe(tm) was the future. be glad it ended at MD and squenix/eidos didn't go full ubisoft with it.
>>
>>378508369
I didn't think it was bad, just very mediocre in story. Nothing really happens except you save some people from a big bad.
>>
>>378508369
Mediocre and performance was a nightmare. Literally unplayable on launch in Prague hub, had to tolerate 15 fps after patch. Don't know if it's completely fixed yet.
>>
>>378508369
No it's not, it's even slightly better than HR. Way better Hub, better gameplay, better sidequests, it's a solid game.

The problem is that for some people a game with a story that isn't self contained means it's not a complete game, you'll see people say that it's not even half a game when it can easily take you more than 40h to finish it. It's an Immersive Sim, you don't play it like a story based FPS.
>>
>>378509629
>Don't know if it's completely fixed yet.

played it in january, solid 60 on my 970 mexican meme card. i had every option cranked except chormatic diarhea and motion blur
>>
File: 1463784913721.jpg (41KB, 442x472px) Image search: [Google]
1463784913721.jpg
41KB, 442x472px
>>378508369
forced alarm at garm thanks to an earlier choice made me drop the game. it was fun until that though
>>
>>378509991
>motion blur

I wish devs would stop doing this, it's always totally awful
>>
>>378510065
That's just you being retarded though. You already knew that Miller reports to Manderley in Lyon. You knew that Manderley had something to do with the Orchid. You knew that GARM is tied to the Orchid. When Miller said he was radioeing Lyon for backup, if you didn't reload and redo that choice then you dun goofed.
>>
It was never bad, who said it was? If you're a fan of immersive sims like I am, than it's a fantastic game. The sidequests were awesome, actually I'd say they were more fun than the main story. I like the world they built and how they expanded on the Panchea incident and whatnot with Augs and non augmented being in conflict now.

The only complaints I ever remember hearing were how tacked on Breach was, and that the ending was too sudden and the game should have been longer. Some others complained that Praque, while a really nice and detailed hub, wasn't as interesting as the multiple hubs in HR. I agree with many of these criticisms, but it's still a solid game, 9/10 for the setting and conspiracy intrigue I love from the Deus Ex games.

The worst part of the game is that clearly SE was obstructing the dev team with their horse shit, like forcing a shit mode that no one played like Breach to be made, taking away resources from the single player. Also, how they clearly broke up the story to sell more games, which led to the abrupt ending of the game, and also its demise. They aren't even working on a sequel to the game right now, despite this game being the launchpoint for a new trilogy of games that were supposed to be released in a relatively short timespan. Thanks to SE and poor sales, we're probably going to have to wait EVEN LONGER than we have to wait for HR's sequel. This shit is infuriating, because I love the world that they built in HR / MD and I badly want to see more / see Jensen's story continue, but of course Deus Ex fans get fucked over yet again.
>>
It's a fun game, but too short. REALLY well built and so much fun to play. Minigames are interesting enough, I guess. Don't pay full for it.
>>
>>378508369

What holds it back? It's not batshit crazy.

Next one needs a script be written by Alex Jones and David Icke. Needs a hardcore conspiracy theorist touch.
>>
>>378510501
Everyone says it was too short, I get it. Maybe if you're the type of person that rushes through the game and doesn't completely explore / finish all sidequests, maybe. I spend 70+ hours on my first playthrough alone. I actually never replayed the game though, at least not yet, but to say it was short is a lie. Yes, if you do nothing but the main story missions and ignore everything else, you could probably beat the game in 8 or so hours, but that't the complete opposite of the point of an immersive sim.

People say the same exact shit about Prey, "it's too short" well what the fuck? Took me 45 hours to beat prey on my first blind run, knowing nothing about the game and playing / exploring at my own pace, how the fuck are you guys playing through these games that you find them to be short?
>>
Depends what you're more interested in.
I finished it a few months back and I barely remember the story. It was mediocre and I didn't really pay attention.

But I don't play it it for the story. Gameplay is great, so if you're into that like me go for it
>>
>>378508369
The gameplay was fun and the side quests and hub were extremely well done, the problem was that the main story was fairly unremarkable and it seemed like a large stepback in terms of scale from HR, it's obvious that the game was cut in half.
>>
File: Heng_sha_skyline_trailer.jpg (337KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Heng_sha_skyline_trailer.jpg
337KB, 1920x816px
I enjoyed HR a lot more but it's still a good game.
>>
>>378509873
Firstly, it was marketed and meant to be a direct sequel to HR so there _must_ be a story continuation but the events of HR don't matter in DXMD. Other than a short recap and some cameos HR really didn't matter at all

Second, there is no way MD can "easily" net 40 hours of playtime, that's maybe if someone goes full autistic completionist mode because I finished in maybe 17-20? hours with side quests
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=25434
>>
>>378508369
It's pretty good, it just cuts off way too short and Square Enix pulled some serious jew shit with it, all those DLC story missions should have already been in there
>>
Big big deception. Bad story, poor levels, shooting feels like shit, dumbed down to please console players, etc. The only similarity it has with the old Deus Ex, is.... its name. Nothing else.

If you want to play a real Cyberpunk game go with E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy.
>>
>runs like shit on PC
>no faridah malik
>half a game
>DLC also sucks ass
>gameplay is OK
>new augs are boring
>sequel bait

fuck SE for ruining one of my favorite game series. i loved HR so so much. i even met the VA for adam at a con, pretty nice guy. i'm glad it's been shelved though.
>>
>>378509293
You mean all the heavy weapons that not even lethalfags used because they took up so much space and had hardly any ammo?
>>
>>378515589
>Blaming SE

It was the canadians fault.
>>
>>378508369
They made half a game then sold the other half through day one DLC. Fuck that and fuck Square Jewnix.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.