[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refunding a Completed Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: steam game refund.png (338KB, 945x843px) Image search: [Google]
steam game refund.png
338KB, 945x843px
Do developers need protection if you beat their game and get a refund?
>>
If the game can be completed in less than 2 hours, they deserve every refund they get. If you have a good game that's under 2 hours, people probably won't refund it.
>>
It should be based on percentage completed, not play time.
Like say 25-30% is the cut off for a refund
>>
>>378508271
How can "percentage complete" be measured? Achievements? On Steam, anybody can gain or remove achievements with the Steam Achievement Manager.
>>
>>378508271
How do you determine %age completed?

I would use an achievement for story completion as a cutoff but some games(skyrim as an example) you might never actually do any of the story and so never trigger that achievement.
>>
>>378507872
>Remaking the same thread after your first failed

Saged,
>>
If your game can be completed in two hours then fuck it, should've tried harder.
>>
>>378507872
I don't know but /v/ sure needs protection from heinous shit posters that repost the same threads day in day out.
>>
>>378508115
>2 dollars and 27 cents

ok
>>
Like others say, if it can be completed that fast and it costs an amount that's worth the time of a refund request, they fucked up.
>>
>>378508115
Games that can be completed in less than 2 hours:
>Morrowind
>Pokémon gen 1
>Doom
>D44m
>Quake
>Half-Life
>Deus Ex
>Fallout 1, 2 and 3
Etc
I guess they never deserved any money.
>>
>>378509003
Rarely does someone beat those on their first time in that amount of time.
And many of those have far more content and replayability.

If you can't make a game worth playing for more than 2-4 hours, then you don't deserve whatever you're charging
>>
>>378509003
>Speedruns where you have to be frame perfect to do some of those tricks

Yeah man totally the same thing
>>
>>378508464
>>378508460
Not necessarily achievements

What if when submitting a game on Steam you had to put some sort of trigger or something on a certain level/stage that if the player reaches or passes that trigger it disqualifies them from a refund.
Lets say it had to be put on where the developers determined was the 25% completion mark. There's obvious issues with this like what if the developer puts the trigger way before that mark, or with open world games never actually reaching that mark and also the issue of retroactively adding that to past games and even the means to go about verifying it all.
Still, if they can figure out how to do it I feel its a better option than one based on play time as anyone can rush through a game to completion and request a refund, which at that point they might as well just pirate it instead of buying if they're gonna stoop to that level.
>>
>>378509156
Not even rarely, not a single person is going to finish those games in that amount of time their first playthrough unless that's their specific goal.
>>378509003
You're a cherry picking faggot
>>
>>378509461
Steam is trying to become a self running store. It's not replacing Steam greenlight with actual store moderation, but Steam direct - which is just inflating the price to get on Steam.

This arbitrary limit would and will be abused.
>>
>>378509003
You forgot Gone Home
>>
>>378509941
This is /v/, go to /lit/ if you want to discuss that
>>
>>378508115
how the fuck can idiots like you completely ignore the concept of price?

You gladly pay 60$ for a 5 hour military shooter campaign, but when it comes to paying $5 for a 2 hour game with far more effort and love put into it, you suddenly think it's unfair?

what a load of horse shit
>>
>>378510941
>You gladly pay 60$ for a 5 hour military shooter campaign

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>378508507
>first failed
This is the third using this picture alone.
>>
>>378509461
>get past the point of no return
>run into game breaking bugs
>get my money back anyhow because I live in a country with consumer protection laws
>>
>tfw 20 minutes over refund time on the surge
Lobos said it was fun, why did I listen?
>>
>>378507872

We had the same fucking thread yesterday at the excact same time you autistic faggot
>>
>>378512465
Lobos?
>>
>>378509003
>Speedrunning techniques that skip 90% of the content is the same as a blind playthrough that takes less than two hours

Don't act dumb
>>
>>378512719
faggot souls game streamer
I put his themed runs on in the background sometimes when playing grindy games and watched his Surge playthrough stuff. He kept saying it was fun and stuff but there's some really gay fucking shit in that game so I got disinterested.
>>
>>378512546
>autistic faggot
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
File: 1418795466605.jpg (25KB, 292x261px) Image search: [Google]
1418795466605.jpg
25KB, 292x261px
>>378510941
>You gladly pay 60$ for a 5 hour military shooter campaign

strawman
>>
>>378507872
Just make it so games under 5$ can't be refunded.

Gives indie devs incentive to not overprice their 2 hour videogame simulators.
>>
>>378512928
But would inspire more shitty Unity asset flips
>>
>>378513050
At some point constomers need to be responsible for buying obvious shit.
>>
File: IMG_2567.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2567.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>378512465
>5 minutes over the refund time
>Your request has been denied

Their system is so fucking stupid and needs to be more leinient depending on the genre somehow, Your not going to decide if this Strategy/RTS game you bought was worth it within the span of two hours unless the game straight up doesn't work. It's a flawed system most likely done this way on purpose in the case of shoddy ports which is just scummy and how you lose a customer on top of all the other horseshit they pull
>>
>>378513217
That's really the problem - it benefits AAA more than indies.

I wouldn't know if GTA5 was one of the worst games ever made until 10 hours in - way past the point of no return.
>>
>>378509003
How about you speedrun your life and kill yourself
>>
>>378507872
>Download game from steam
>Play it for a few hours and unlock trading cards
>Refund game
>Sell trading cards
>Get paid like 50 cents to play a game.

It could be a full time job if you can live on like 30 bucks a month.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.