[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game was amazingly fun on release. What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

This game was amazingly fun on release. What happened?
>>
>>378504451
Gameplay was never anything special and the dungeons layouts got boring really fast.
>>
Possibly the worst monetization in video game history.
>>
>>378504451
elevators were made free far too late and the crafting changes made getting good gear impossible for new players.
>>
>>378504451
Nothing happened. That's the problem. Content was all cosmetic instead of constantly adding new monsters and new level layouts. Bosses were fun.

They never added new tiers of items. So even new shit was "balanced" with the old, so once you had a couple sets there was no reason to keep dragging all these new items to 5 stars.

And the late game content was a joke. "Shadow" versions of dungeons, and you have to fork out for a "chance" to play them? Super fucking lazy and greedy.
>>
I would kill for a game like this not plagued with f2p stuff
>>
File: s6t9ch5u[1].jpg (24KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
s6t9ch5u[1].jpg
24KB, 332x332px
>>378504451
no difficulty or challenge early on like many mmo's make for a boring experience which i will not invest my time in
>>
Fucking SEGA
And people wish they stayed in the console market.
>>
Developers sold out to Sega
Sega treated it like they do all their games
Developers got it back
Game is already is such a shit state that it can't be saved
>>
>>378505131
They should have just charged a flat entry fee. Lord knows with the TF2 item at stake, people would have paid it.
>>
>>378504538
Terrible stamina system that only got worse with time

Its a shame since i could see this game surviving on cosmetics like dota/lol if they focused on actual content instead of remaking the fucking game every few months
>>
File: Cyulyu9VIAgifHv.jpg (114KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cyulyu9VIAgifHv.jpg
114KB, 1200x800px
>tfw whirled is permadead
>>
>>378504451
All the updates were pure cosmetics or boxes and not new content that the game needed.
>>
>>378504451
>competent but simple bomberman mode scratched my online multiplayer bomberman itch for quite a while
>everyone abandons it once battle mode launches
It was fun while it lasted I suppose.
>>
File: 1412712180121.jpg (34KB, 524x478px) Image search: [Google]
1412712180121.jpg
34KB, 524x478px
So many people will never realize how great this game was because they didn't have tons of cash to spend on the stupid as fuck energy system. Getting a crew together with four differently specced players and dragging each other's corpses through literal and figurative hells was a divine experience. Particularly before they removed HP sharing as the revival mechanic.

Such a good idea that made playing tense, and made reviving others a tactical choice. Then they removed it.

I have no idea what the game is like now, or if it's even running.
>>
>>378504451
I remember being super annoyed that my favorite weapon line in the game arbitrarily didn't have a final tier weapon. I don't remember much more than that.
>>
>>378505684
Fucking hell, just checked it.
I had some good stuff on there too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.