[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refunding a Completed Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: steam game refund.jpg (195KB, 945x843px) Image search: [Google]
steam game refund.jpg
195KB, 945x843px
Do developers need protection if you beat their game and get a refund?
>>
I did this with Abzu. I feel worse than pirate for doing it and it was technically completely legal.
>>
How does this work if you just play it in offline mode? I mean steam doesn't track hours played then, just achievements and even then not all games support that either
>>
>>378503840
It's entirely possible that steam tracks playtime offline and just doesn't add it to your profile.
>>
Nope, policy is two hours

I get two hours to decide if your game is worth my money. If you make shitty 2deep4u white ppl are ebul fuck drumpf bullshit walking sims, you go in the fucking trash and I get my money back. If you're a space shooter I beat in fifteen minutes with no effort, you go in the fucking trash and I get my money back. If you're a buggy piece of shit that doesn't work on my PC, you go in the fucking trash and I get my money back.

Even if it's something easy to beat, if it's FUN and EXCITING to play, I'll keep it. Even if it's short. I've been beating Mega Man 2 at least once a week for 20 years, and I'm gonna keep doing it for 20 more.

MAKE YOUR GAMES GOOD AND NOBODY WILL REFUND THEM
>>
>>378503478
>Do developers need protection if you beat their game and get a refund?

No. How about dont make a shit game
>>
Devs should stop making shit games if they don't want people to get refunds.
>>
>>378504078
>>378504082
BUT THATS SUBJECTIVE YOU GOIAJDFIOAJIOFJIODJIOFAOJIDF
>>
If a game can't deliver an entertainment/cost ratio better than a movie ticket, then the developer has no business selling it for money.
>>
>>378504708
If its subjective then someone out there will probably be willing to not refund their crap.
>>
>>378503478
what? no..
>>
I've been thinking of starting a series on youtube where I see how many games I can beat with 10 bucks.
>>
File: ss (2017-05-30 at 12.48.19).png (46KB, 646x286px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-05-30 at 12.48.19).png
46KB, 646x286px
>>378503478
No, they should support refunds.
>>
>>378503478
I can't think of any other industry or market that has "refund protection," game production shouldn't be any different.
>>
>>378503478
How about don't make a shit game?
>>
>>378505553
What developer?
>>
>>378504007
How old are you?
>>
>>378503478
no, but the refunds need to be handled on a case by case basis rather than automated with steam's 2 hours arbitrary limit to curb the abuse of the system
>>
>>378504708
The market isn't subjective. If your game sells and has retention, the market has decided your game is good.
>>
>>378505553
http://store.steampowered.com/app/635730/Dragonia/

Game's only 2 bucks. I think I'll buy a copy when it goes full price just to support the dude.
>>
>>378503478
Is this a real thing?
>>
Refunded jasspunk after I beat it. But then, it gave me motion sickness.
>>
>>378503478
No. People who abuse the refund system should be punished accordingly, but you don't need "developer protection" to do that.
>>
i did it with firewatch, shit was cashback
>>
>>378503478
No, if a game's length is below 2 fucking hours it deserves to get refunded.
>>
>>378511871
Is it actually possible to beat in under 2 hours? Thought the game had enough filler to JUST curb it
>>
>>378511324

How is that abuse of the system?
>>
>>378506413
Apparently old enough to understand consumer rights
>>
>Provide 1 hour of content

You beat your ass I'm refunding that shit
>>
File: test.png (511KB, 980x1550px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
511KB, 980x1550px
Hide and move on.
>>
>>378511872
This is true most of the time, but there are plenty of short but good (and cheap) games that don't really deserve to get refunded, anon.

Then again you'd have to be a massive cunt to refund a game you actually enjoyed.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.