[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else remember this masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: King-kong-cover-pc.jpg (43KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
King-kong-cover-pc.jpg
43KB, 256x361px
Anyone else remember this masterpiece?
>>
>>378503464
ITS OK, I'VE GOT ENOUGH MAGAZINES
>>
>>378503815
You hanging in there, Carl?
>>
This was a fun game. I couldn't believe how much I actually really loved playing as Jack and dreaded the kong sections because I just wanted to get back to spearing bats and blasting raptors with the shotgun.
>>
>>378503464
>masterpiece
Alright, settle down.
>>
>>378503464
I just remember the character screaming, "I'M DRY!" every time I was out of ammo.
>>
I remember the controls being really weird, didn't you like fire with the spacebar or something by default?
>>
File: 51GHJ7ZEGDL.jpg (46KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
51GHJ7ZEGDL.jpg
46KB, 348x500px
>King Kong
>Lord of The Rings
>Escape from Butcher Bay
>Spiderman 2
>The Warriors
>The Punisher
Good time for licensed vidya
>>
There were a lot of neat ideas in this game.
The millipede enemies scared the ever loving shit out of me as a kid.
>>
>>378505143
You're not alone anon.

I almost couldn't play it simply because of those shits, especially in caves. Fuck them.
>>
>>378503464
yeah but it really isn't that good
the PC version in particular is pretty fucking bad
>>
>>378503464
It's one of those games I remember was sort of fun but I can't remember much about
>>
>>378505589
The ps2 version was bretty gud
>>
File: 545435946.png (3KB, 186x149px) Image search: [Google]
545435946.png
3KB, 186x149px
Playing as Kong was such a satisfying way to vary the gameplay.

>the finisher move where Kong grabs a V-Rex by the mouth and fucking snaps the head in half
>>
File: king-kong-gameplay.jpg (157KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
king-kong-gameplay.jpg
157KB, 600x314px
The kong segments were ok but the FPS aspect stood up really well. It wasn't as easy as your average COD clone and you actually had to be careful with your ammo and use melee combat if necessary. And you actually felt powerless in some parts such as with the T-rex (which you couldn't kill) and had to find ways to survive other than shooting everything.
>>
File: 15y9d00.jpg (6KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
15y9d00.jpg
6KB, 200x291px
>>378505573
>those hidey holes where you could see the millipede's sinister ass face waiting to jump you
>that clicking sound the made when they were about to jump
>the way they crawled all around the camera
>those ridiculously fast black millipedes
>>
>>378505589
>yeah but it really isn't that good
Have you played the PS2 version? Everything from the combat to the visuals make it one of the best games in its library.
>>
>>378506301
Fuck those things. You needed the shotgun to deal with them properly. They were too quick for the pistol, sniper and machine gun and you just ended up wasting ammo.
>>
TWO MAGAZINES ON BACK UP
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58KB, 531x471px
>>378504698
>PC
>>
>>378506365
I had it on OG xbox and loved it but tried replaying it recently and it's pretty fucking average desu
really not as good as I remember it being
>>
All this reminiscing makes me want this game again! might have to download the demo, although I think you can only play the t-rex mission which was only good the first time.
>>
>>378503464
I played through it solely to get the easy 1000 points on Xbox 360. I have absolutely no memory of the game itself.
>>
>>378506426
That was one of the aspects that I loved about this game. Ammo was so scarce and you didn't have a HUD to tell you how much you had left so you had to be careful how you used it. The fact that you could swap weapons with Hayes was cool too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.