[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KOTOR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 51FHcRBH9KL.jpg (48KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
51FHcRBH9KL.jpg
48KB, 375x500px
good story, but gameplay ruins the game.
>>
Back then CRPGs/WRPGs were simply expected to have piss poor gameplay. It was the way of things.
>>
>>378493687
>good story
not really tho
>>
>>378493687
The gameplay is not that bad. It would be much better if it was turn based instead of RTwP, though
>>
Like all D&D ruleset based computer games, it only gets good when you get to the point where every character has their full complement of abilities.
Dragon Age Origins is the Bioware game with the best gameplay? Discuss.
>>
>>378493687

It was more acceptable then since that type of gameplay was the norm for WRPGs.
>>
At least it wasn't 2E.

THAC0 is literally hitler.
>>
the story isn't that good though, except for the twist it's uniformly pretty bad
>>
story is the only saving grace of most cRPGs, and KOTOR 1 is only passable in that regard if you just want a generic Star Wars adventure.
>>
>>378494852
>a generic Star Wars adventure.
That's what a lot of us want...
>>
>>378495005
obviously, but why should that be considered good? if it were up to you people we'd have a ridiculous star wars reboot that rips off the warm feelings people have for the original films while bringing nothing of its own to the table
>>
KotoR II at least made the gameplay better

by making knight & master speed so ridiculously OP so you can speed through the game
>>
>>378495178
Sometimes keeping things as simple as possible makes the story much more enjoyable. Deeper layered stories tend to go off the deep end. KOTOR 2 has a deeper meaning to the KOTOR franchise but it gets away with it because of it's connection to the first

also after watching a 2 hour video on Kreia I kind of want to watch the next Star Wars movie
>>
>>378493687
Good
>gameplay
>select characterizations
>initial exploration
Bad
>dialogue
>most characters
>almost no replay value, dark side is light side with a few minor differences
The game gets a lot of mileage over its big twist, but the twist comes miles and miles away. The game is incredibly linear, and you always get two choices - cut off your hand to save a starving handicapped puppy, or shove it in a blender and fuck the remains.
It's good for the kids, a solid Star Wars adventure - but there's nothing revolutionary for it, even at the time it came out.
Regardless, it does introduce a few memorable characters and elements to Star Wars, and brings a beloved and oft-forgotten era to new generations.
>>
I can't dislike KOTOR 1 because Jolee is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBSMuVU_WUI&t=45s
>>
>>378495624
>watching a 2 hour video on Kreia
Are you slow, anon?
Kreia is easy to get after one playthrough. She's a bitter old bitch who's pissed at the Jedi, her ex-lover, her old apprentice, and the Sith she tried to teach for being assholes, being failures, and abandoning her.
She thinks the galaxy will be better off without force-users fucking shit up, and wants to use the PC to kill the force itself.
Barring that, she will use her teachings to force the PC to rejuvenate the Jedi into something more effective, which is all well and good for a few thousand years.
Nothing else.
>>
>>378496175

I never said she wasn't easy to get. Where did I imply that?
>>
>>378493687
>good story, but gameplay ruins the game.
Every B̶i̶o̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ western RPG.
>>
>>378495624
kotor isn't bad because it's simple, it's bad because it's juvenile and hackneyed and the kind of direct and to the point drama it's going for is undercut by the limits of the technology it's using

unlike kotor 2 which is nuanced and subtle and the technology never matters
>>
>>378496452

Well call it nostalgia but I can't hate on that too much.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.