[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so... the perfect game DOES exist...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

so... the perfect game DOES exist...
>>
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>378484874
Too bad for the combat and how clunky the character moves but the rest is perfect
>>
>>378484874
I started playing last week. Oh my god. I had today off for Memorial day and was going to spend all day watching Twin Peaks, Bladerunner, and playing TW3. Ended up watching Twin Peaks S3E1, then switching to The Witcher 3, and just played it all goddam day. I think I put around ten hours into it. I feel disgusted with myself but I couldn't stop.

Between this and BotW I don't see how I can put up with any other games. Both are literal perfection and other games just feel like soulless cash grabs in comparison.

Thank god I still have something like 150 hours left if my playthrough is anything like my friend's.
>>
>>378484874
>this is the pinnacle of video game combat
I'm quitting vidya.
>>
>>378484874
combat is shit
>>
>>378485285
>>378485758
>>378485904

Same old shit. Don't you shills have better jobs to do?
>>
>>378485285
>>378485758
>>378485904
Samefags leave

The combat is just fine, if not great. The potion/bomb/sign system is very well balanced and the fact that you can take on a high level monster if you research the right signs/oils/bombs to use against them with the in game beastiary is fantastic.
>>
>>378484874
>Talk to A
>Walk to B
>Talk to C
>Walk to D
>Talk to E
>(Choose dialog option 1) Walk to F
>(Choose dialog option 2) Talk to G

It can't be the perfect game when it's barely a game at all.
>>
>>378487061
You could describe literally any game with that.
>>
>>378487061
so every rpg game ever?
>>
>>378484874
>perfect game
>gameplay is the worst part about it
For what it's worth, I still really enjoyed it
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...
...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...
...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.
1/2
>>
File: w34.jpg (51KB, 602x616px) Image search: [Google]
w34.jpg
51KB, 602x616px
>>378487317
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.

cont
>>
>>378487175
Except that that simplification describes the Witcher series to a T.
The fact that no TW thread discusses the gameplay says volumes about the series.
>>
File: witcher 3 combat.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 combat.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>378487383
all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)
>>
>>378484874
If this game had great combat and the quests required more player input and less detective vision it would be nearly perfect yes.
>>
>>378484874
>perfect game
try replaying it

no, seriously. I love witchers and add-ons replay value is great, but standard game content is terribad when you try to play it again.

>first playthrough
>full concentration on game, running around, listening to things, basically consuming as much as possible
>second playthrough
>just want to rush through boring sections and have fun
>meanwhile, endless bullshit witcher senses as boring as possible
>no variety in gameplay, you can hardly do anything in different way than before
>since you know everything already, all that's left is okay combat and painful boredom while running through long-ass witcher sense walking sections

Game was great for one time, i admit, but i don't think it will become timeless classic like DX or Gothic. It's just too stiff and 'planned'. Gothic is great comparison because games are similar in concept, but very different in execution. In Gothic, you can re-play it countless times because you have choice in camps, weapons, ways to finish the quest, meanwhile in Witcher you don't have any reason to re-play it. Another good comparison, Witcher 2 vs 3. In 2, you got a great replay reason, huge choices that throw you at completely different maps in second chapter and really change everything that happens later. In 3, it's beaten when you beat it. Sure, you have different endings, but way to those endings is almost the same and you can just watch them on youtube instead.

tl;dr witcher 3 is not perfect because it lacks replay value
>>
File: 149540652458.jpg (903KB, 1785x2003px) Image search: [Google]
149540652458.jpg
903KB, 1785x2003px
>>378484874
>bad gameplay
>good story

nah, it's not perfect
gonna have to wait until cyberpunk 2077
>>
>>378484982
Nope
>>
>>378484982
Dumbass
>>
>>378485627
Yeah fuck all the haters on /v/, man. It's a fantastic game and if you just started it, you're in for a treat.
>>
>>378484982
name me one (1) better game than The Witcher 3 with the same graphic quality and the same god tier waifus
>>
>>378487219
>rpg game
>>
>>378485758
>I'm quitting vidya.
go a leap further and quit life , nobody gives a shit snowflake
>>
>>378490401
T H I S T B H
H
I
S

T
B
H
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.