[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of Sony announcing the PS5 this year at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (351KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
351KB, 600x400px
What are the chances of Sony announcing the PS5 this year at E3? This generation has been a cluster fuck so I can really see them puling this wild card to catch Microsoft off guard right after they announce the Scorpio.
>>
>>378483259
0%

They might show off a handheld even though it would be extremely stupid of them to do so.
>>
>>378483259
The PS5 is the PS4 Pro+PSVR

but i also hope for a bloodborne 2 announcement so dont take me too seriously fuckworm
>>
>>378483259
Thanks to Nintendo introducing the half-gen, they don't need to announce a new gen anytime soon since they just came out with their half gen and there's no way the Scorpio half-gen will redeem the generation for Microsoft.

0%, rumors next year, reveal 2019, available for purchase Holiday 2020.
>>
The PS4 isn't even four years old yet and they only recently just came out with the PS4 Pro - it would be very stupid for them to move on to the PS5 this early.
>>
>>378483531
Or announce a cod name at the end of this conference. Give real details next year in 2018 and it releases in March 2019
>>
>>378483259
0%
the amount of negative word of mouth from Pro owners would be $599 tier
>>
>>378483259
absolutely 00.00%
You have to understand that the PS4 is only now starting to take off in terms of games and devs and publishers making those huge multi-million projects a reality.
The PS4 is in the middle of its lifespan now and there is still a shit ton to come from devs and publishers.
If you put $40-100 million into your game project you don't want to hop on a new hardware three years down the line.
Everyone in the industry would be extremely pissed off and triggered as devs have only now started to fully utilize the PS4's capabilities.
>>
They'll probably announce a ps4 pro price cut and/or finally bundle it with a game.
>>
>>378483259
The Pro barely came out, announcing the PS5 now would be a waste
>>
I know there's lots of reasons to say that's crazy; the PS4 is selling so well, the Pro only came out last year etc. but here's my theory;

The PS4 came out in 2013. If the PS5 didn't come out until 2018 then that makes the generation 5 years long. That's actually pretty typical for a console generation. People just forget that because the previous one went on for so long (mostly due to the global recession). 2018 also puts a 2 year gap between the Pro and PS5. That might not seem like much but the Pro has only really been marketed to hardcore gamers who need the latest tech. Those people would be OK with refreshing their hardware within that time frame.

The other reason why I think Sony would tease the PS5 is because it would completely blow whatever Microsoft show off with Scorpio out of the fucking water. Who's going to be interested in souped-up current gen hardware when the next gen is starting the next year? All Sony need to do at the end of their conference is cut to a video similar to the Scorpio reveal (camera panning over CPU components), then BAM! A "5" appears in the Playstation font. End conference. Sony don't need to officially talk about it or reveal anything until next year's E3 but just having that out there would completely take the wind out of Microsoft's sails.
>>
>>378483531
Nintendo is just the best, isn't it?
Was something actually wrong with the Wii U that couldn't have been solved by giving it actual support?
>>
They are going to announce something big if they are putting it in theaters again, not sure if its the good kind of big.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.