[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey remember that great game you want to replay but dont cos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: jak2.jpg (169KB, 481x680px) Image search: [Google]
jak2.jpg
169KB, 481x680px
Well lets just turn that one mission into every mission in the game and call it Jak 2.

Seriously, fuck this shitty game.
>>
>>378477496

Holy shit kid, do you actually think Jak 2 is hard?

It's easy as hell. I literally beat this game as a child. You must be unbelievably bad at video games, I'd hate to see you attempt an actual hard video game once in your life.

Jak 2 is an awesome game BTW faggot.
>>
You could always play on an emulator.

I genuinely think it's one of the reasons I still love Dark Cloud 2 to death even though I never made it past the second chapter when younger. It made me love Spheda, when I would guarantee it would have have been touched if I had to do it without.
>>
>>378477496
>le Jak 2 is hard meme
Wrong
>>
File: 52523.jpg (14KB, 193x243px) Image search: [Google]
52523.jpg
14KB, 193x243px
>>378477496
I sincerely hope you're not implying that Jak II is hard
>>
File: 1437444223916.jpg (427KB, 800x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1437444223916.jpg
427KB, 800x1015px
>>378478661
>>378478461
>>378477795
>Guys says "ONE PART is hard"
>Every replies, that the game AS A WHOLE is not hard.
>>
File: why.jpg (25KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
25KB, 288x499px
This game made me despise racing missions in any non racing game

Seriously you're gonna break up all this fun I'm having by making me drive this shitty iceblock on a field of lube? Why
>>
File: 423421.png (228KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
423421.png
228KB, 200x235px
>>378478771
>Being this fucking illiterate
>>
The racing is god awful. Just, fuck the racing.
>>
It's not fucking hard. I beat it when I was 11 and I was fucking shit at video games. It took me a month to find enough power cells to get across Fire Canyon in the original and I managed to beat Jak 2 a few years later. Seriously, the only hard missions are Destroy Ship at Drill Platform and Escape from Water Slums. Which mission are you stuck on?
>>
>>378477496
That fucking whack a metalhead game made me go through atleast 3 controllers. Never had a game made me rage that hard. I've raged on games before but that mission was nuts.
>>
File: 44321423.gif (2MB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
44321423.gif
2MB, 440x247px
>>378477496
>tfw got Platinum on all three games
Git gud you fucking casual
>>
Jak & Daxter = Jak 3 > Jak 2 > Daxter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Lost Frontier
>>
I love Jak 2, it's one of my all time favourite games. But OP has a point, pretty much every mission is "that mission". The only parts I actively look forward to playing are
> Palace Support Beam
> Mountain Temple
> Mar's Tomb

Everything else ranges from "eh" to actually terrible. But for some reason I still love the game. I don't get it, I hate so many individual aspects about Jak 2 but I love the entire package so much. I've beaten it at least 10 times since it came out.
>>
When will you stop being butthurt about the switch anon?
>>
what the hell went wrong with this franchise? I thought it was supposed to be a plattormer like the first game. Jak 2 was very odd, and by Jak 3 they completely stopped caring. Just look up the E3 trailer from 2004, it was all about Le Epic adventurs and cars. At least Sly along with Ratchet and Clank were consistent, excluding the side misions
>>
>>378477496
I love this game, I wish I could play it on PS4 desu.

The only mission that was difficult for me was that 1 Erol race through the city because I'm trash at racing games.
>>
>>378479637

not side missions, I meant spinoffs
>>
>>378479517
Jak 3 had worse boss fights

They sacrificed actual difficulty for cinematic quality.
>>
>>378479637
>Jak 3 came out in 2004

Wow I have never felt time so harshly
>>
I recently replayed the first three J&D games. None of Jak II was supremely difficult, least of all the sewer gun level. The racing wasn't hard as long as you made the shortcut jumps every time.

As a whole the series is much easier than I remembered. In fact I'd go as far to say that Jak 3 was the least fun and had the most missions that were a pain in the ass, as well as criminally underusing the wasteland for anything but "drive here shoot this" missions.
>>
>>378479469
I couldn't get all the Orbs in Jak 3
I think I just got bored and I couldn't be bothered doing one of the Wasteland races
then I would have had every Orb
>>
>>378479916
Do you remember that Jumanji-in-space movie called Zathura? I caught part of it on TV yesterday and one of the kids had a Jak 3 poster on the wall.

Zathura came out in 2005. I was still popping zits back then.
>>
>>378479827
I only remember one boss fight in Jak 3
and it's the precursor robot
Krew and Praxis were pretty fucking difficult as a kid, they're probably the only boss fights that make me smile, thinking back to them
>>
>>378479827
Jak 3 had worse everything except for graphics. Anyone who puts it above Jak 2 are crazy.
> shorter
> EVEN LESS platforming
> EVEN MORE vechiles
> story just doesn't make sense
> way too easy
> one great boss fight, 2 which are basically "fight waves of mobs until you get a free hit on the boss who isn't even in the arena with you"

Jak 3 had good graphics and 10/10 bonus content (cheats, dev commentary etc...) everything else was a downgrade. Jak 1 VS Jak 2 is subjective, but Jak 2 VS Jak 3 is not even a comparison, it's just a worse game.
>>
>>378480365
Krew is a hilarious bossfight
>>
>>378477496
that one mission with the mounted turrets where you have to shoot down several of those crimson guard ships while jetpack soldiers harass you
i'm already foaming at the mouth just remembering it

one of the fucking races was also terminal cancer

all of this in newgame+ of course, base game is easy
>>
Jak 2 was gangsta with all the swearing
>>
>>378479916
that fucks with my head worse than one time seeing Jak X in Blockbuster and I had no idea it was actually out yet
oh God, I miss Blockbuster
in the UK it was the only place you could get Ben & Jerry's as well as Häagen-Dazs back then and even Oreos hadn't made it over here
why Naughty Dog are releasing Jak X HD without online is beyond me, but I'll still play the shit out of it when it's out
>>
>>378480384
The difference between Jak and Daxter vs Jak II comes down to
>carefree boyhood adventure
vs
>punk teenage adventure

I like both for what they are. Jak and Daxter is much more the platformer whereas Jak II is much more a combat game with some platforming, although the combat is really rough around the edges by today's standards.
>>
>>378480647
hol the fuck up, they're re-releasing Jak X?
>>
>>378480838
Jak and Daxter PS2 classics collection coming to the PS4
it truly is a remake system
it comes with all 4 games made by Naughty Dog
I'm probably going to get these fucking games for a 3rd time
>>
>>378480757
Exactly, Jak lined up with how I was growing up. Jak 1 was when I was still a bubbly pre-teen fawning over his brand new PS2. Jak 2 was when I was one my way to high school and developing that classic teenage edge, and Jak 3 was towards the end of my high school life and it summed up the end of the series and a new beginning for me. and Jak X I just loved to whip ass while nuking you.
>>
hey it's that guy who keeps making jak ii threads
I wonder what it's like to be this butthurt
>>
>>378480838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8
>>
>>378480979
AWWWWW SHIT NIGGA! Although funny enough I have the HD PS3 versions. Jak X is the only one I'm missing.
>>
>>378481062
>PS4 has so little games they have to frontport games and sell them to people who already own them again
hmmmmm
>>
>>378481205
PS3 and 2 did the exact same shit idiot.
>>
>>378481297
this isn't helping your case
>>
>>378481035
Jak X was a fucking blast even though it should have been another forgotten spinoff.

Even though it really is the worst of the 3 main games, I remember beating Jak 3 on the last boss fight. My heart was pounding, my hands were shaking, I was in a cold sweat, and after I kicked Errol's ass I had to take a walk because I felt like puking I was so hyped up.

I haven't felt a game do that for me in a long time.
>>
>>378481297
I don't understand how that makes him an idiot
but I'm pretty sure the PS4 has done it the earliest any console has done stuff like this and it's got hardly any exclusives of quality
the only shit I've been enjoying on it are the medium-budget gems like Dragon Quest Builders and virtually every AAA game this gem has been disappointing
but you can't blame Sony for that
it's basically the entire industry's fault for becoming stale
>>
>>378477496
>kid friendly colorful platformer
>turns into gta for kids
>gritty pg+12 dystopian world
>the hero is always angry
>he got a HIDDEN DARK POWER WITHIN HIM
Jak 2 is trash
Jak 3 is trash on wheels
>>
>>378481754
bold words from a chubby chaser
>>
>>378481754
The game grew up with its consumer market
>>
>>378477795
>>378478461
drill platform on hero mode is nearly impossible
>>
OP never said the game is hard.

It's just annoying and shitty.
>>
>>378481297
PS3 did, but I can't think of any examples of PS2, probably due to backwards compatibility. Any examples?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.