[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile - noob edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Path of Exile.png (593KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Path of Exile.png
593KB, 800x800px
Hi. I'm new.

I've have acquisition up and running and I purchased 6 stash tabs.

Anyone have any tips on how to know what items to trash and which items to keep to sell on poe.trade?

ITT: tips and advice for new Path of Exile players
>>
Pro tip: play Diablo 3
>>
>>378474434
But why? Path of Exile is much better.
>>
>>378473319

Understanding which items to keep and which items to vendor is a matter of knowing which builds use what stats.

Easy way to make money is always pick up ES Titanium Shields and identify them. You're looking for high 400s and low 500s.

Jewelry is also worth picking up.
>>
>>378473319
Don't listen to people who tell you to fumble your way through the game and make your own build for the first time. Just find a self-found build for one of the characters you find appealing looking that someone else has made and play the game with that to start with. Following a recipe is the best way to learn to play the first time. You stay along a prescribed path through the skill tree and can read all the nodes around it without having to make any choices yourself until you can understand them more. There's just too many skill gems and passive nodes to try to brute force learn it all on your first character and you'll just get overwhelmed and frustrated.

Watch a tutorial video about Hideouts and Visitors.
>>
>>378473319
Is this worth playing really?
>>
>playing for the 1st time hardcore because why not
>do frost templar
>get to act 3 without any serious challenge
does it get harder? spamming frostbolt constantly doesn't seem very exciting
>>
>>378473319
>I've have acquisition up
>purchased 6 stash tabs
You know if you bought premium tabs you wouldn't need acquisition right?
>>
You're definitely new.
Look man, your threads are always going to die with less than 20 replies if you don't learn how to properly provoke people. You're literally too nice and this thread is boring.
Learn how to shitpost or get used to being ignored.
>>
>>378474601
The only good thing about PoE is that it's free, but there's already better f2p games such as DOTA2. PoE just looks and plays bad.
>>
>Anyone have any tips on how to know what items to trash and which items to keep to sell on poe.trade?

It comes with experience. You can watch some guides though, Engineering Eternity have a nice Item video.
>>
File: Poe acquistion.jpg (220KB, 1920x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Poe acquistion.jpg
220KB, 1920x1146px
>>378476378
I know. But by putting acquisition on one side of my screen and poe.trade on the other, I can select and item in acquisition, press Ctrl+c and then paste it directly into poe.trade so that I can see what that particular item is selling for.

With a premium stash tab, I would have to constantly alt+tab back and forth between the game and poe.trade to price check which would be super annoying. Also, Premium stash tabs are more expensive.

I did get a currency tab though.
>>
>>378477225
>Path of Exile will never have an item mall
>it would break the game
>>
I never liked how fire is tied to strength and ice to dexterity.
I just want to be a pure elementalist with a bunch of flashy spells.
>>
>>378477225
>not having two monitors
>>
>>378476080
game doesn't start untill maps really.
>>
stay on /vg/
>>
>>378477225
That's actually a really good idea.
>>
wait for 3.0 to come out in a month

not worth playing the game in its current state
>>
>>378474434
>>378476934
The blizzshills are rampant today.

>>378475023
I disagree. It's more fun to make up your own build than to follow a guide. The power creep is fucking insane right now, so almost any build is viable for casual play.
>>
>>378478982
Why?
>>
>>378480482
In 2.6 (the current patch), you have to:

>beat the game 3 times
>play an Energy Shield character because Life is worthless and not viable

In 3.0, you only have to beat the game once and there will be a ton of balance changes as well, such as energy shield getting BTFO. Also there will be 6 new acts
>>
>>378480764
I knew all of that before I asked you why.

Wouldn't it be better to become familiar with the basic concepts of the game before 3.0 so that when it finally comes out, you can actually participate in the currency race for the new league?
>>
>>378476080
prob because you are staying in areas too long and are overleveled. The game is all about clear speed. You should always be under the level of the area so the exp you get from kills is a valuable amount. If you are the same or higher then just walk past everyone ans go for the exit/objective. Other than currency drops they are just going to drop things that are inferior to the drops you should be getting from the mobs in the zone you should be in. It's fucked up.
>>
>let's build a game that focuses on bartering

This game was doomed from the start. Bartering is extremely time consuming.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.