[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SE was outsourcing FF7 remake's development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: ffvii-remake-cloud-wedge.jpg (214KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
ffvii-remake-cloud-wedge.jpg
214KB, 1920x1082px
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/29/final-fantasy-vii-remake-development-shifts-to-internal-setup-at-square-enix?abthid=592c7d5c467030655f000008

How to make me "not interested" in two seconds; fire the people making the game
>>
The trick is to not buying anything from them anymore. They still think they're special but they're not. Tons of other AAA companies have left them in the dust.
>>
How to make me "not interesed" in this thread in two seconds

Post the same shit every fucking hour
>>
>>378463009
>SE was outsourcing FF7 remake's development
To me that was the big story here. They weren't making it themselves???

>How to make me "not interested" in two seconds; fire the people making the game
Who is making it? I'm glad they did this but can't fathom why it didn't start that way in the first place. They know that this is the most important thing they're working on that they absolutely cannot fuck up.
>>
People didn't know it was being co-developed by external studios? It's a common practice.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
>>
Game's overrated anyway, FF6 is superior
>>
Putting off helium tank for this game.
>>
Check the catalog
Also CC2 are garbage, all they made are hack games that are not that great and Naruto games that look good but are unbalanced garbage with characters that all play the same. They're not fit to make a huge RPG
>>
>>378463009
i would imagine they don't need SE internal for modeling the ridiculous number of assets and environments in that game. makes complete sense to outsource that aspect.
>>
>>378463945
This, and I am surprised people are so shocked by it. Its pretty common for a lot of AAA games to either have a side studio do a lot of grunt work, or co-develop the game.

Hell, Square used a company called Tose numerous times with projects and ports.
>>
Are these threads bait or are you mothefuckers this fucking stupid and ignorant about videogame development
>>
>>378463958
FF6 is truly the gentleman's choice.
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (42KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
42KB, 648x348px
>>378463958
>>378465150
Final Fantasy 6 fans are the vegan atheist crossfitters of the Final Fantasy fanbase.
>>
>>378465139
It's summer
>>
>>378463198
sad thing is, this pile of episodic shit is going to sell like warm bread to a thousand starving syrians, just because it's FF7 related.
>>
>>378463945
>It's a common practice.
Yea, and one that shouldn't happen with this game, which they realized.
>>
>>378463009
how is it being developed in-house now worse than it being outsourced? Aside from the now-guaranteed 10 year development time?
>>
>>378465332
They also vape
>>
>>378466518
Shitposting, just like your post
>>
>>378466708
>I'm an autist who is terrified of any change
>>
>>378466767
Your post doesn't even make sense. If anything it's better that they changed to in-house because CC2 are hacks that can only do QTE style over substance garbage with no balance in gameplay at all
>>
>>378463009
No turn based, no buy
>>
>>378466878
You just said I was shitposting when I said this same fucking thing. Being developed in-house is better than being outsourced. You are autistic as fuck.
>>
>>378466879
Should've switched to Dragon Quest years ago then.
>>
All of Square's remakes have been done by Tose. Most of the recent ones were pretty solid too.
>>
>>378466996
>Aside from the now-guaranteed 10 year development time
Sure man
>>
>>378467138
Show me any evidence that the game won't have a protracted development time under Square-Enix.
>>
>>378463945
>People didn't know it was being co-developed by external studios? It's a common practice.

It just seems counterproductive, taking a flagship title or franchise and handing it to comparatively inexperienced people. The announcement that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite would be the first Capcom-developed fighter in years was supposed to be an 'oh shit get hype' moment because it conveyed how seriously Capcom was taking the production, but to me it was an 'oh shit what the fuck where you doing' moment that retroactively made Street Fighter V look like even more of a botchjob.
>>
>>378467201
Show me any evidence that it will aside from one game that took too long.
You act like all of their games take 10 years
>>
>>378463009
>How to make me "not interested" in two seconds; fire the people making the game

Are you genuinely retarded, OP? Outsourcing is extremely common in the gaming industry. I'll bet you've played a good number of games that were developed by TOSE, a shadow developer that virtually every major video game company outsourced to in the '90s and early 2000s.

What matters is that the original company hands over competently written design documentation for the outsourced development team to work with. And if that's the case, the final product won't necessarily be distinguishable from something that SE might have developed in-house.
>>
>>378467408
FFXIII, FFXIV having to rebuilt from the ground up after it initially flopped, FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3.
>>
>>378465332
Yeah everyone knows FF5 is the best FF.
>>
File: done.png (158KB, 496x377px) Image search: [Google]
done.png
158KB, 496x377px
>>378463009
>Tfw you lived long enough to actually finally see the FF7 remake happen
>tfw it turned into this

I never expected a 1:1 remake, I wanted some changes, change is good. This game SHITS on Final fantasy 7 and tells you "WE'RE RUINING IT AND OUR MARKETERS ARE GOING TO TELL YOU ITS OK". This is becoming a debacle on the levels of the TORtanic at this point.I'm glad I'm so emotionally distant from videogames after being let down so many times since 2006 or so, or I might be genuinely either angry or upset instead of just numb. I feel sorry for anyone that actually had hopes still, you have my actual legitimate sympathy.
>>
>>378467648
>This game SHITS on Final fantasy 7
How? No hyperbole or commenting on events that have not happened, please.
>>
>>378467312
>It just seems counterproductive, taking a flagship title or franchise and handing it to comparatively inexperienced people.
>inexperienced

This is a retarded assumption. These types of studios are usually founded with the sole purpose of handling outsourced development tasks, so they have as much - if not more - experience than the parent company.
>>
>>378467887
Honestly, taking into account how SE has been doing as of late, the idea of someone else making FFVII almost gives me hope.
>>
>>378467623
13 didn't take 10 years and it had a whole trilogy in a few years, 14 didn't tke 10 years either and was rebuilt in almost a year, KH3 has only started development in 2014 and they even switched engines. And yes XV the one game i was talking about. At least try
>>
>>378468173
They might not have all taken 10 years, but they were certainly far longer than anything from just about any other developer, and given the mediocrity of each of the final products (sans KH3 since that's obviously not out yet), far longer than they were worth in the end.
>>
>>378467648
>This game SHITS on Final fantasy 7
What the fuck? We still barely know anything at all about it. We only have 1 fucking trailer.
>>
>>378468594
Not that guy, but 13 was announced in 2006 and came out in 2009 and 14 was 4-5 years and was announced one year before it came out, sure it was fucked but still.
The problem with Square isn't really that their games take forever to make, just that tey annoucne them way too early. Usually devs especailly western devs show them off at E3 when they're already in development for 2 years or so, but Square basicly shows them off at events when they start development or just started
>>
>>378463958
Sure, enjoy the mobile version, fag.
>>
>>378468967
>13 was announced in 2006 and came out in 2009
Announced, sure. But from Wikipedia:
>Development of Final Fantasy XIII began in February 2004, shortly after the release of Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission in Japan.
5 year dev cycle. 4-5 years for 14, with another year of work for ARR. Legitimately 10 years for 15. The track record for their recent FF development is not good.
>>
>>378467623
Blame Nomura.
>>
>>378469391
As i said, they announce them too early. Most devs show off their games when they're a year or so away from release and never talk much about development. Unless it's Sony they just announce shit when they're not even in development
>>
>>378463009
>>378463198
>>378465958
nobody cares. don't buy it.
>>
>>378467648
My favorite game is Banjo-Tooie and after the utter piece of shit that is Yooka-Laylee I now feel the same way as you
>>
File: 1495811361907.jpg (2MB, 1900x4300px) Image search: [Google]
1495811361907.jpg
2MB, 1900x4300px
>>378469478
>blame him for all that shit he had nothing to do with it except XV which actively suffered from those games
Man i want summer to end.
>>
The squeeeeeeenix fanboys sure got triggered ITT
>>
>>378469675
Fuck off Nomura fanboy.
>>
File: 1495980508324.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1495980508324.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>Buying anything even remotely related to Square
>The same people that killed Eidos, Taito, and Enix, along with every IP sans Dragon Quest

How are you guys still virgins? It's clear you liked getting fucked.
>>
>>378470001
Not an argument
>>
>>378468901
The fact that is confirmed to pe episodic is enough, we go from having a full game on release to having a partitioned game just fr the sake of sales

>Inb4 is because the development

No is not, if somethng then they should have announced when they had atleast 20% done

>inb4 every part is like a full game
No is not.
>>
>>378470263
>No is not
Welp can't argue against that pack it up guys.
If it was a 1:1 remake you guys would still cry because you'd just have high poly models run around in "huge" city that is 3-4 screens big and each screen has like 3 houses
>>
>>378470263
kek nice English

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
>So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.
>>
>>378470395
The again nobody were asking for a 1:1 remake I think that alot of us would be atleast grateful if we were getting a fucking full game on release.
>>
>>378470539
No everyone would still be mad because it's not the same, at least here on /v/ they'll just hate it no matter what and just scream that whatever we didn't get would've been better
>>
>>378470539
>implying you'd be grateful for an abridged, cut apart version
fuck off retard it's either that or multiple games
>>
>>378470531
>inb4 someone mistakes "scale" as being as linear as FF13
>>
>>378467648
thx for the fresh pasta senpai
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.