[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people cheat in videogames?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

File: pepe.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
Why do people cheat in videogames?
>>
Don't look at me like that.
>>
far cry 1 on realistic difficulty was a really fun challenge until the last few levels
I turned god mode on and it was still hard because I couldn't see shit with all the explosions going off in my face
>>
>>378459705
The same reason why people cheat in real life
>>
Here's an existential question: is it really a cheat code if it was programmed in an intentionally created by devs for usage?
>>
>>378459943
not remotely the same
>>
>>378460057
OP here, I didnt mean cheat codes, I meant external hacks (aimbot, damage multipliers, whallhack and that shit)
I can't understand how would someone have fun this way...
>>
>>378460057
cheat code by name
functionally it's like an easter egg or bonus mode
>>
>>378460658
I guess they do that sort of thing because they derive their value and self esteem from being better at something than others... the irony being that the only thing they're better at is cheating.

Probably something to do with their parents (most likely the father) never validating them or encouraging them at something they showed potential in.

Sad, really. To derive self-worth from video games.
>>
>>378459705
because they got killed a lot when they first tried to play, they're not mature enough to handle their anger and they retaliate by acting like a 5 year old because they never mentally grew past that age.
>>
>>378460907
Cheating to "be superior" in multiplayer games is one of the most contradictory things ever. It means the player is utter trash and needs cheats, agree, really sad.
>>
>>378459705
because video games represent power over others. they want power without the time investment of improving.
It's similar to real life except replace "power" with "successes"
>>
File: 003.jpg (298KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
298KB, 1600x900px
to make babies and shitters like you mad

pro tip: we will never die
>>
File: darkseidis.jpg (161KB, 1002x744px) Image search: [Google]
darkseidis.jpg
161KB, 1002x744px
>>378459705
>Repeat after me frog
I cannot be killed by fucking niggers that cheat. I cannot be stopped by any thing the game throws at me or any player (especially if an inferior race
I will live forever. I can never die
whatever exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.
if you niggers cheat I will appear one day and kill you.
I can never die.
I was born better
you should try and get gooder
>>
File: 1470775380038.gif (842KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470775380038.gif
842KB, 200x200px
>>378460907
>they do that sort of thing because they derive their value and self esteem from being better at something than others
/thread

>mfw the PC version of bioshock infinite clash in the cloud leaders are all russian hackers who have hacked the scores to unattainable amounts
>>
>>378461430
mad =/= sad/pity
>>
File: 1384321271491.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384321271491.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I cheat in singleplayer if I've been stuck for hours. Never multiplayer. Wouldn't want to effect others with my faggotry.
>>
>>378461442
I cannot be killed by fucking niggers that cheat. I cannot be stopped by any thing the game throws at me or any player (especially if an inferior race
I will live forever. I can never die
whatever exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.
if you niggers cheat I will appear one day and kill you.
I can never die.
I was born better
you should try and get gooder
>>
>>378461626
Western games are so fucking easy these days though. Name the last game you HAD to cheat at because it was too hard
>>
>>378461626
look up some guide or grind your character a bit in sp
>>
>>378461430
>perma bans you
ok
>>
File: 123r2.png (404KB, 555x427px) Image search: [Google]
123r2.png
404KB, 555x427px
>>378461953
>buys another copy of the game
2ez

>>378461615
whatever gives you an excuse to feel better because you're too dumb to hack LOL
>>
>>378461843
Grinding doesn't work in a lot of precision platformers anon. I especially hate games that punish you dying. Yes, I know I died, let me try again. No use penalising me and making me not want to try again
>>
>>378459705
Fun.

Scripting is too easy to get banned for, but it's hilariously fun for its own sake. There's no ego involved in winning games with sctipts, it's just stupid fun for its own sake. People who get mad at scripters are genuinely hilarious, purely because the best reason to script is to troll.

Elo boosting, I genuinely don't have a problem with until you hit 98th percentile. IE LoL diamond, 4k in OW, 4.5k in dota, etc. More often than not, you can learn more effeciently getting your shit shoved down your throat in high elo than playing with monkeys in silver.
>>
>>378459705
They are mad that they are bad at the video game and blame it on the game itself/other players. Cheating is seen as getting what they deserve.

In other words, cheaters usually have a very childlike mentality and tend to stray away from situations where they could be forced to confront their own weaknesses.
>>
File: 1477911414589.png (71KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477911414589.png
71KB, 216x200px
They think making people suffer is amusing. Little do they know you can just swap server or kick them
>>
>>378459705
If it's a single player game...
>beat the fuck out of a game
>want to mess with it a bit
You can get a ton of new life out of, or insight into, a game if you turn on some cheats. I remember turning on a "walk through doors cheat" (gameshark, not in-game) in goldeneye and going to some places on train and frigate you're never supposed to go. It's neat seeing stuff you're not supposed to see.

>power trip
Infinite health or infinite time can remove the intended pressure from a scenario which can let you explore it a lot more, or fuck around in it. Maybe you wanna see how mooks spawn or check out some place you normally couldn't given the time sensitive scenario.

>unlocking dummied content
Lots of games have a ton of stuff the player never sees. It can be neat in say fire emblem to hack units onto your team and see their growths, or get some of the items the player is never supposed to get. There's entire pokemon that were unobtainable besides rare events that are already over, who's gonna complain when you hack a celebi onto your team to try it out? I was surprised by the number of dummied chips there are in battle network that were basically fully programmed.

If it's cheating in multiplayer games, it's because they're an asshole though.
>>
I think it's about feeling powerful.

Some people don't want to become good at a game, but still want to receive that primal head rush from crushing something weaker than themselves.

That's why video games appeal to them, so that's what they do.

It's all the same in the end. Just find a new lobby and move on.
>>
Some people just think it's epic fun to annoy other gamers.

Whenever I encounter a cheater, I just imagine what sorry lives they must live and I wish that they will find other sort of fulfillment in life
>>
>>378459705
Come on, son, you can't say you have never used the CRAZYTOWN.
>>
>>378459705
I never get it myself but those people have fun ruining it for everyone else.
Like that one kid without friends throwing away balls midgame or destroying sand castles.
They have power over you in that very moment and think they are something better than you. And as soon as you tell them to fuck off because you just want a fun game they go all "hahah it is just a game bruh, don't get mad".

tl,dr: ebin trolls without empathy cheat.
>>
>>378461430
>>378462139

So you'd rather buy a copy of a game and piss people off rather than have fun with the game itself? Jesus, like the other anon said you are sad.
>>
A lot of people ITT are making reference to MP cheats, but are you harsh on SP cheats too?
>>
>>378463236

I replayed WC3 and FT with cheats just to relive the story and events, it's ok in my books. I couldn't care less if people cheat in SP games to be honest
>>
>>378463236
No one cares for SP because it doesn't affect my gaymen experience for example.
>>
Cheats are pretty much non existent in single player games now. Feels bad man.
>>
>>378462827
>someone hacking a game, inherantly breaking the game
>taking the game seriously
One of these two players is having a great time, and i sure as fuck know scripting is a hell of a lot more fun than laddering.

Critisizing other's fun, especially when their fun is gut busting laughter at the stupidity and retardation of something like scripted Karthus or Widowmaker with an aimbot, seems stupid. The fun of the one having a fucking blast is more valuble than the competitive integrity of a match, as vidya is intended for fun, and laddering really isnt that fun for anyone, it's a test of skill
>>
>>378462381
what is the fun about a script doing it for you?
>>
>>378463236
My only issue is with cheats like aimbots and wallhacks, where the only purpose of using it is to be """"""""better"""""""" than other players. Anything else is just a bit of fun.
>>
unlock all the songs from the start
useful for party play
>>
>>378461786
Krazy Racers (GBA)
Fucking Supreme Cup on Hard, opponents don't need to slow down to make hairpin turns at a million miles an hour.
>>
>>378463558
I miss the days where the developers would actively give you the cheat codes once you beat the game, like those old LOTR games.
>>
>>378461786
I don't think I have ever in my (adult) life cheated at a game because it was too hard.
The only time I've used cheats is on Dark Souls to do challenge runs and shit.
>>
>Cheating on Csgo since 2012
0 bans
>Cheating on OW since the closed beta
0 bans

Playing a game without having to worry about losing or having a bad day is the best thing ever.

I'll never stop cheating.

I'm not gonna stop, ever.
>>
>>378463624
The stupidity and the reaponse you get. Scripting is trolling in its highest form, and its also kinda interesting to see what bullshit the script can do. You laugh at the gnats (players) fighting against god (your script) and raging all the way. In no way is the script representitive of your skill or ego, it's purely amusement. Only genuinely pathetic people use scripts for the sake of their ego or rank.

It's the ultimate 'lol u mad?' Which seems like something 4chan would be all over.
>>
>>378463957
Why not watch movies instead? Or do something else?
And please don't give me that edgy answer: because it's fun to see people get mad.
Cause I just leave when i see a cheater
>>
File: Nigga you gay.jpg (66KB, 504x289px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga you gay.jpg
66KB, 504x289px
>>378462215
The game is a challenge. It's not born for your entertainment. The entertainment is a side effect from enjoying the challenge. If you're not patient enough, you don't have a right to continue.
>>
>>378463957
I'm genuinely curious, not even mad, about how you derive fun from doing this when you're basically not even playing the game. You might as well watch someone else playing it on Twitch or something.
>>
>>378464206
I watch movies.

I just don't want to get stressed when playing games, like i mentioned i don't want to worry about losing.

>Making people mad
I don't even get called out 90% of the time.
My OW cheat runs on my phone fyi, the menu and the radar.
>>
It pisses people off in multiplayer games and I think it's hilarious.
>>
>>378464050
I thought you had to be 18+ to be on 4chan
>>
>>378464252
I'm just coming in to tell you you're retarded
Games absolutely exist 100% for entertainment. The only reason challenges are in a game at all is because most people derive entertainment from overcoming challenge
>>
>>378463957
dont matter what trolls say, I will always think this is ironic shitposting
>>
>>378464050
I would understand it to make people mad you hate or that are calling themselves mature and better than you, but literally no one past 15 that is not a complete sperg rages at this.
I just don't get it. But i have more fun with friends doing shit and lose together than making anyone rage so whatever.
>>
>>378464501
Incorrect. Games are not for entertainment. Movies and books and music are for entertainment. A game's soul purpose in life is to provide a challenge, to simulate an event of some sort in a controlled space where loss will not endanger the participants, thus giving them experience in puzzles, physical activity, psychology against other players, or even just passing on a moral lesson.

Games that are made to be entertaining are habitually called "movies" or "walking simulators".

Games are meant to be a challenge from the start. Those who cannot overcome said challenge or do not derive pleasure from conquering challenges are what is ruining games.
>>
>>378459705
Just a game bro
>>
File: Little-Big-Planet-small-1304.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Little-Big-Planet-small-1304.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>378461786
Does getting carried count?
>100% lbp 2, 3, and PSP
>100% everything up to the fucking shock wheel level in lbp 1
>cant even beat the shock wheel level
>300 tries still cant beat the fucking shock wheel level
>start joining online parties until some dude can beat it for me
fuck the shock wheel level
>>
>>378459705

Cheating in single-player games can be really fun 'cause you get to mess around with stuff you normally wouldn't be able to.

In multiplayer games it's a pretty shitty thing to do.
>>
>>378464792
>every single game attempts to provide entertainment, walking simulator or otherwise.
>a bunch of games you acknowledge that do not provide challenge are suddenly "not games anymore" since they don't fit your definition of "game"
how are you this dense
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Home
>Gone Home is a first-person adventure exploration video game developed and published by The Fullbright Company.
It's a video game and not a movie because you have some control over the progression or outcome.
>>
>>378465190
>Gone Home is a game because Wikipedia says so.

Gone Home was never a game to start with, and that is correct. It's not a game because it doesn't meet the qualifications of being a game. There is no "sport" in it, there is no challenge, and there's nothing to think about.

But if you're just going to say "nuh-uh you're wrong!" because you quoted wikipedia, then I don't think you're even worth the time for debate.

Don't bother responding, I won't even be in the thread any longer.
>>
>>378459705
Why do people frogpost on /v/?
>>
>>378462827
>epic fun
>>
>>378463593

>its ok to totally ruin the fun of other nine people as long as I am having fun ruining theirs

Wew lad, are you that guy who doesn't get invited to come along to do fun shit with your circle of friends?
>>
>>378465523
have you considered that "sport," "challenge," and "thinking" are not necessarily qualifications of games?
It's almost like you've created your own definition that disagrees with the common one in order to gatekeep and be elitist.

It's not like you can get through gone home without thinking anyway.
>>
>>378465523

Visual novels aren't games.
>>
>>378464746
Just look at the response in this thread though. It's overwhelmingly negative and the majority of people think that scripters are 'no life losers with nothing better to do'. This is common across all games, and people get worked up in this righteous fury about the injustice of it.

Meanwhile behind the screen, you're laughing your ass off, both by the utter domintion of the script, and the fact that they're so wrong in judging your intent.

You want to be a dick for the sake of it for some laughs. You dont care about rank, you dont care about elo, you're scripting to have a giggle at other people's expense. They entirely fail to realize they're the butt of the joke, and everything they say in response to the script is hilarious in that context.
>>
>>378466153
That would be fun for me for 2 solid minutes. After that i would go back to shenigans with friends.
>>
>>378465707
My friends have my respect. Strangers on the internet dont. Anonimity is a gift my dude.

I'm the guy who spent hours wiping the Molten Core timewalking when WoD came out. I'd play shadow priest, pull extra trash, and Fade. Record was 26 wipesprior to getting kicked. Thats a lot of repair gold 40 people, 26 deaths each.
>>
>>378463593
>I apply my opinion to every other person in the game
This is why you script, and don't get invited to highschool parties(I hope for your sake you are still under 18). You have the emotional development of a 12 year old.

>scripting is more fun than laddering
>laddering really isnt that fun for anyone
Because you are bad and hardstuck in low elo. Laddering is fun when you can actually climb it, this is why you script in ranked games and not normal games. Scripters are almost always 60% percentile players or worse, but their egos are so fragile they need to cheat to get a higher rank.

For a lot of people actually getting better and pulling off cool plays is really rewarding(fun).
>>
>>378465563
cause is one of the most generic images to start a thread
>>
>>378462139
>supporting the game I'm playing so a server's admins can ban you after ten minutes of griefing
Alright?
>>
For multiplayer? Never.
For single player? Sure, I like seeing where you can push the game.
>>
>>378461786
Super Meat Boy, used the Sky Pup replay glitch to unlock The Kid. Worth it desu
>>
>>378466565
What does anon mean by this?
>>
I sometimes give myself extra money and experience points in RPGs to reduce the grind.
>>
>>378466785
>all this assumption
I'm 3700 in OW on a clean account. By no means a genuinely good player, but i'm probably better than you, though it could be wrong.

You're literally proving me right though. Anti-scripters have such glorious asspain. You're under the assumption people script for ego and rank. You're making so many incorect assuptions, and that along with seeing people fail against a bot makes the experience absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>378467695
>quable 40 man coop content comes out
>single player can wipe the entire group
>when you die you need to pay a fee to keep your gear repaired
>>
>>378464792
What is best in life Conan ?
>>
>>378467715

How old are you?
>>
>>378467923
why would anon do that?
>>
>>378468046
21, part time job, full time school.

The assumption that griefing is a thing only enjoyed by children is false and again, such a common accusation that it's hilarious. Mindless destructive fun is fun at times.

Again, frequent scripting for rank is for losers and idiots.
>>
>>378468572
For fun. I was hanging out with a buddy of mine after a gym session. we toom turns at the wheel, keeping count of the wipes. Was a great time, would reccomend.
>>
>>378468824
Haha yeah bro. I bet you had some sick lifts beforehand too at the gym. Like totally cool dude.
>>
>>378469114
/fit/v/vg/ is masterrace
>>
>>378467715
I was 3550~ so yeah you're probably marginally better than me.

But youre the exception to the rule, I never encountered many aimbotters in OW, but scripters in league were always absolute retards. Stuck in low diamond because they dont actually know anything, usually power tripping in all chat.

Why do you script in ranked games if you arent scripting for rank. Queue times are longer, and people will fail less hard vs the bot.

And is failing vs a bot really that hilarious? It makes perfect sense to me, when it has perfect numerical values of everything, perfect inputs and perfect timing.
>>
>>378468824
>>378468656

You'll grow out of it when you eventually get older. :)
>>
File: how to deal with hackers.png (133KB, 857x780px) Image search: [Google]
how to deal with hackers.png
133KB, 857x780px
>>378459943
>>378460907
>>378461219
>>378461323
>>378461598

Wrong and useless.

>>378461430

Only correct person in the entire thread.

For the rest of you, don't listen to amateur psychologists who just talk about their motivations, that's just wasting your time. Knowing how to respond to someone who's trying to make you mad is more important.

I've made you all a flow-chart so you all can understand what to ACTUALLY do when dealing with a hacker.
>>
>>378469315
Depends. I main support in OW, if you play dps, odds are we're equal or you're better, easier to climb as sup and get carried in high elo.

It's literally just for the reaction. And I don't often. It's a once every month or two thing. In LoL, buying a fresh 30, hard trolling games until the account gets banned or you get bored. OW accounts tend to be too expensive to have throwaways on.
>>
>>378469820
>Everybody wins
Including the hacker? You should re-phrase
>>
>>378459705
It's fun.
I dont like games where I die, I like owning and killing.
Games like CSGO where you play for 3 min then die after 2 kills. Then wait for 10 min. Or like tf2.
I cheat as it makes me feel good, I have no regrets and your tears make it more enjoyable for me
>>
>>378469983

Nope, I meant everyone.

The hacker wins too, he'll go find something else to do like he probably should anyways.
>>
>>378459943
>>
>>378469943
I only played pharah but theres some mental deficiency that comes with being that much of a masochist so it evens out.

>once every month or two thing
Oh, I hate you way less now. I cant honestly say its any worse than when I have my occasional sperg out and rq at that point. I was under the impression you were one of those "150 xerath games 12 kda hardstuck in plat 2" players.
>>
>>378459705
Why do people frogpost outside of /r9k/? Same question really.
>>
>>378469820

this

it's basically an elaborate
>don't feed the trolls

but some people just don't understand that
>>
>>378467695

>Is 21
>WoD MC was 2014
>he was 18
>after gym session he played it as said >>378468824

You are a chubby larper, aren't you?
>>
>>378465563
>>378471174
It's because /pol/ has been trying to infiltrate other boards, making Drumpf Frog OP's and first posts, then replying with FPBP like drones
>>
>>378460658
to piss people off, what I don't understand is people who do it and pretend they are really good, they must like living a lie.
>>
File: ever regretted?.jpg (23KB, 373x275px) Image search: [Google]
ever regretted?.jpg
23KB, 373x275px
>>378469820

Fact.
>>
>>378469820
Anything that doesn't involve reporting every hacker scum you find is an incorrect solution.
>>
>>378470435
So the secret to success is to be born rich then surveyed so you can tell people how hard you worked. Got it.
>>
>>378459867
i didn't finish the game because of that volcano
fuck that
>>
>>378465989
Most VN have better gameplay than Witcher 3.
Then again its not something really hard to achieve...
>>
>>378473239
>Implying that wasn't covered on the flowchart by "he's not getting kicked or banned"
>Implying hackers are deterred by reports
>Implying reports are actually a short-term solution
>>
>>378469820

Do you really think quitting will stop hacking? Hackers can come back too, even if you leave.
>>
>>378459705
Ok, so try reinventing the wheel faggot
>>
File: 1482477704095.gif (555KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482477704095.gif
555KB, 300x300px
>>378459705
>Because it makes you mad xD.
>Haha i'm making you so mad I love it
>>
>>378470435
Biggest lie chart ive seen in the history of my whole existance.
>>
If I can do it, I will.
Git gud.
>>
>>378474386
Bans take time, they have to pile up before there's a red flag. Real games don't kick, they ban. If your game has to be modded by the server host, you're playing a Mexico tier game like Halo 1 CE. Reports aren't a short term solution, they're a long term one. Every perma-ban means you have to give somebody like Dice another 60 bucks just to cheat and get banned again within a day. You're just funding new games like Battlefront 2 without being able to actually play the games you're sinking money into lol cheaters btfo
>>
>>378459705
https://youtu.be/4zLlIdZikDk
>>
>>378469820
tell team to reprort him
leave

theres nothing better than that
>>
I've never done it in multiplayer but I cheat in single player games sometimes when I just wanna have fun. Its usually the second playthrough though.
>>
>>378462381

You don't deserve to learn from the best if you can't go through the same trials they did
>>
>>378477135
/thread
>>
>>378463957
>>378464429
if people getting angry at you doesn't get your juices flowing, why not just play a relaxed singleplayer game instead?

i mean surely at the end of the day you realize none of those wins were legitimate and you're just living a lie, right?

of course this is all assuming you're telling the truth in the first place
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.