[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried this? I've been thinking about picking it up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: regalia.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
regalia.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
Has anyone tried this? I've been thinking about picking it up.
>>
Thanks for posting this OP. I remembered this game a few months ago but didn't have a clue as to what the name was.
>>
It is fun. No single component is amazing but the package as a whole is quite charming.
>>
>>378451890
How are the waifus
>>
File: Regalia 2017-05-28 22-24-57-38.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Regalia 2017-05-28 22-24-57-38.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>378452558
I don't think that there are any romances but the art is nice.
>>
File: Levant.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Levant.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I actually like it a whole lot. Like you said, the writing and voice acting are terrible, but the combination of base and relationship manager and the fun combat system make it into a very enjoyable game overall.
>>
>>378453961
i see everyone disliking the voice acting but i have not really been all that bothered with it. The blue elf girl somewhat overacts but i think that the main cast does a good job and there is no voice actor that i can't stand.

But yes as you say the game is certainly more than the sum of all its parts.
>>
>>378451575
Completed today. Enjoyable. Combat is quite fun, but quests are a chore sometimes. VA ranges from good to meh. Some parts feel poorly made like fishing. Overall easily 6/10 or 7/10. Gave me about 13hours of play
>>
>>378454642
I haven't bothered with fishing at all. Why would I waste resources constructing yet another new way to waste my time? I have enough of those as is.
>>
>>378451575
It's alright.

Gameplay is simple but well-designed with a pretty good level of difficulty. Each battle also has optional challenges which can be really fucking hard to get at times and are great for when you want a bit of extra challenge. There's a constant timer for everything you do which is always a pain in the ass, but it's not so strict that it will be a problem for most people.

There are some obvious mistakes in the game's design though. For example, early on you have to choose which two out of four nations you want to support, but you have no way at all of knowing who to support because at the point you have to make the decision it's literally the first time you even hear about three of those four nations. And if you don't support a nation 100% of the time you miss out on unlocking a character so there's no room to change your mind later on. Shit like this is frustrating, but thankfully it's relatively minor and doesn't ruin the game.

The art is mostly ok, but the background tend to be kinda shit. The characters range from kinda funny to actually good. The writing ranges from almost but not quite acceptable to making you want to shoot the people who made the game. The voice acting isn't horrible but does tend to sound amateurish. The game has more memes and pop culture references than Borderlands and Guacamelee put together.

All in all I'd give it a 7/10.
>>
>>378455452
That faction stuff annoyed me too. I didn't even get any lore info on Lordemar or the Elves or Dwarves. The codex was pretty barren with info about any of them. I just had to look at the Diplomacy screen and make a guess.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 97x92px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 97x92px
>>378452712
What's wrong with your faaace?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.