[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper Mario Switch is gonna be the one where they go back to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Papermario.jpg (115KB, 468x330px) Image search: [Google]
Papermario.jpg
115KB, 468x330px
Paper Mario Switch is gonna be the one where they go back to form. I can just feel it.
>>
File: 14095968449448.jpg (4MB, 3026x4038px) Image search: [Google]
14095968449448.jpg
4MB, 3026x4038px
>>378450619
I'm begging for it to happen but it's highly doubtful with what Tanabe said about the next game probably having a new system and how they aren't planning to have returning/new NPCs.
>>
>>378451530
Yeah but when you just released color splash you can't go out there and say "Yeah this one's shit but the next one is the one you really want". Everyone would just skip color splash and go for the next one. There's no way they can ignore the backlash it got.
>>
>>378452540
well they ignored sticker star's backlash
>>
>>378453424
sticker star didn't get backlash when it released, that game much later after people sat with it for a bit
>>
>>378454003
and then i find battles in colors splash much more infuriating than sticker star.
>>
>>378450619
dont get your hopes up on this one.
>>
>Nintendo
>going back to form for niche sales
>ever

o i am laffin
>>
>>378452540
I get what you're saying but I personally do not trust them, Tanabe seems really clueless about what fans want out of the series and while there was a big outcry from classic Paper Mario fans Color Splash still had positive reviews even if sales were apparently lower than average. He even seems fine with the lack of original characters since people found it entertaining regardless. It doesn't help a lot of the team from the older games are gone & have been replaced/working on other things.

>>378454164
I find them less infuriating than Sticker Star but they sure are worse in multiple ways from how slow it is in comparison, to poor menuing, to the painting/flicking mechanics on the gamepad (even if you have normal button controls) & etc.
>>
>>378450619
didn't you post this yesterday?
>>
>>378454926
No I posted a thread saying I had a good feeling about Paper Mario Switch. Worded it differently.
I just like having Paper Mario threads bro leave me alone.
>>
Nah Iwata and Miyamoto ruined the company
No way they're going back to making actually good games anymore
>>
Tanabe killed your series just like he killed Chibi Robo
>>
>>378450619
If it really happens, I'll buy a switch for it.
MK8D is just paying $60 for the same game, no interest.
I have BoTW on WiiU
Sla2oon doesn't look like much of an upgrade, but it's probably the only thing pulling me toward a switch right now, but it's not enough.
No interest in ARMS.

Real TTYD sequel though, that'd get me.
I only bought a gamecube for TTYD, because Paper Maio on N64 was one of my favourite games.
>>
So, /v/, which was better, The original game or TTYD? I like the original more.
>>
File: G8ME01-6.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
G8ME01-6.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So I was playing TTYD in Dolphin a while back just screwing around and saw this grey ground shit in Poshley Heights out of bounds to the left here. It's not in other rooms & looks like one of those loading zones you see in any other area. I even checked on original hardware & it's there albiet barely noticeable.
>>
>>378455352
>zelda
>mario kart 8
>odyssey shaping up to be good
well be fine
>>
File: 1408759419347.png (86KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
1408759419347.png
86KB, 250x173px
>>378455691
I prefer PM64 due to it's laid back setting & chapter plots, very nice art style & sprites and there's less backtracking. TTYD is still super close though, it added a lot to the combat and has nice new areas and a plot with bigger stakes involved.
>>
File: [8](NM@}H@GMCF8F$9QR%[K.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
[8](NM@}H@GMCF8F$9QR%[K.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>378455707
Just something left over from developing probably
>>378455691
I like the original more too but the combat is better in TTYD. I'd love a remake of the first game with TTYD's battle system. I'd prefer the art of the first one too but I guess an HD TTYD style remake would be fine as well. Levels are better in the first one.
>>
>>378455691
dropped the original once I got to the flower fields, I thought it was getting very boring and dropping in quality before that point too
>>
>>378455707
I like the first one more. I think the areas are designed better, and I prefer the more Mario-like feeling of the setting and characters,
>>
>>378455691
The original is decent. TTYD feels like a bad fanfic.
>>
File: pmcrystalpalace.png (378KB, 888x600px) Image search: [Google]
pmcrystalpalace.png
378KB, 888x600px
>>378456558
Nigga you missed the best part in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to6cVeHBxnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6I-n7xK03A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLwyabmswY
>>
>>378455691
TTYD, way more polished, the characters, the music, the areas, it felt more original and a better glimpse to the world than the original.
I love both but I felt original drags on a bit on certain parts
>>
I came here to give you pity cause you believe that will ever happen in 2017 Nintendo.
>>
>>378455691
TTYD was my first one and I thought it was was the best game ever when I played it, but then when I played the original I realized that TTYD basically just rehashed all of it.

TTYD had more refined gameplay so there's that, but 64 is better in every other conceivable way.
>>
>>378455794
>breath of the boring
>reporting the same game
>a mario that looks like the 3d version of Mario is Missing

top kek. nothing lasts forever
>>
>>378450619
>Empty Hopes: The Thread

You're still on time to get a console with actual games.
>>
>>378455352
BoTW was great and Odyssey looks like it's gonna be really good. I'm still cautious but there's a chance Nintendo is finally realizing how retarded they've been for the last 5-odd years.
>>
>>378451530
Do you really think they're going to let Tanabe make creative decisions again after the abysmal sales of FF and Color Splash?
>>
>>378450619
scoffed reading this post, to be honest
>>
>>378459113
Kind of, yeah.
>>
>>378454753
every fight even against two weaks enemy in colors splash you still have to find the card, paint it, flick it wait for the animation rinse and repeat.
stick star its 2 input, click the sticker, press go.
i dont mind the dual screen on the 3ds since they're so close from each other, but on a wii u end up with a stiff neck from the travel i have to make while on the 3ds i just look down without moving my head.

but yea the writing is massively better in color splash, but the french canadian version of sticker star is all kind of fucked up with dr. who references and star wars references in the sticker museum
>>
>>378455352
Our yakuza lord and savior Kimishima-sensei will whip Nintendo back into shape, just you wait
Mario Odyssey already proves Miyamoto's autism doesn't have the clout it used to since it's exploration based with original characters
>>
>>378459591
I agree, that's what I was basically saying was wrong with CS's system myself, I just find it less infuriating for some reason (beyond Kamek, fuck Kamek). Another big issue I'd argue with CS's system are the boss fights & how you're forced to use the Thing card or else you're fucked completely and wasted 5-10 minutes just draining their HP.

Also I dislike how there are no numbers telling me how much HP a enemy has in the game, in previous games that allowed you to make good judgement on what attacks to use & helped tactically (the color graphic effect could stay though, it'd be a neat little addition I guess it just shouldn't have been the thing you rely on).

There's also how abusive the Battle Spinner is, 10 coins per turn basically give a free Thing card Replica to rape most enemies with, it doesn't help the game gives way too many coins to work with meaning you'll always be in the 9000s or so.

>the french canadian version of sticker star is all kind of fucked up with dr. who references and star wars references in the sticker museum
I was never aware of that, that's weird, are they at least funny to some extent?
>>
>>378460427
>are they at least funny to some extent?
>british humor
>funny

Thats funny
>>
>>378460529
Thanks, I try.
>>
>>378455691

I've recently been replaying PM64 on a pc emulator, it's great. Though to be honest nothing can top the overall atmosphere of the different chapters of TTYD. Luxury train murder mystery, the wrestling/arena chapter and almost every other part. Both of them are on my top 5 games of all time.
>>
its dead

let go
>>
>>378458607
you didn't feel TTYD dragged on through the 4 levels you have to run back and forth in 3 times? and the general white quest?
>>
File: Whacka.jpg (12KB, 341x242px) Image search: [Google]
Whacka.jpg
12KB, 341x242px
>>378455691
I feel like 64 is good for multiple playthroughs and TTYD is better for one. I say this because most of TTYD's chapters are based on really linear segments of story where you discover some twist. The Glitz Pit is the best example. Those parts lose a bit of their magic when you replay them and can come off as tedious.
>>
>>378460391
This. Even Miyamoto himself said that he was uncomfortable with the direction Odyssey was going in terms of setting and characters but the new generation got to take the lead anyway
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.