[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright all discussion about quality aside why wasn't Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: daedric-1200x750.jpg (133KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
daedric-1200x750.jpg
133KB, 960x599px
Alright all discussion about quality aside why wasn't Fallout 4 as successful as Skyrim?
>>
Wasn't it more succesful?
>>
File: 1471596731101.jpg (338KB, 768x620px) Image search: [Google]
1471596731101.jpg
338KB, 768x620px
>>378439770
Fallout 4 was garbage even by Bethesda standards.

Also the amount of content difference between Skyrim and Fallout 4 is MASSIVE.
I can't be bothered to find that image showing the total quests side by side for the two games.
>>
>>378439770
because bethesda doesnt give a fuck about fallout and uses it as a testing ground for their upcoming elder scroll games
>>
File: Fallout New Vegas vs 3.jpg (1MB, 1625x2319px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout New Vegas vs 3.jpg
1MB, 1625x2319px
>>378440659
I'm not sure if this is it.
>>
>>378439770
I think it was because FO4 tried to follow in Skyrims footsteps in shit you could do, but it cut out a lot of what made Skyrim appeal to people who wanted to BE their character.
>voiced MC
>lots of fetch quests without any real interest to them
>lots of single stage fetch quests
>open world, but not barren post nuclear landscape, at least not compared to NV or 3
>No real characters that you'd give a shit about, except maybe Nick Valentine, who was the only one that had some conviction in the voice actor and some decent dialogue
>though somewhat varied in landscape, felt fairly repetitive after a while
>not much replay value

While Skyrim was my first Bethesda game, and while it will always hold a rose tinted spot in my vidya heart, FO4 was okay enough for the exploration part of it. Skyrim though, man. Have you ever played a game that made you feel cold when you went through the mountain ranges? That's the sort of immersive level of world building that FO4 missed.

Plus, F4SE hasnt released a first person body mod, so that also kills it for me. I like to feel like I'm the person playing, not just some floating arms. Idk why that detail is getting passed over more and more in first/third person game. GTA did it well, so have the mods for FNV and Skyirm, so why not 4? Cmon man.
>>
>>378439770
Fallout isn't as popular as TES.
>>
>>378439770
Not only was the map smaller in fallout 4 because of that empty ocean there was fuck all to do because the game tosses high grade shit around like candy making combat a joke. And the fucking Bioware diologue wheel, why would you rip off one of the most shittiest diologue schemes in gaming history is beyond me and get rid of the Fallout chat box. Fucj you Zennimax kikes and shareholders. I wish the corporate suits all just died.
>>
File: t3kczeB.jpg (756KB, 3095x1350px) Image search: [Google]
t3kczeB.jpg
756KB, 3095x1350px
>>378441158
No.
I meant this.

1/2
>>
File: gbCkeHT.png (975KB, 2298x2539px) Image search: [Google]
gbCkeHT.png
975KB, 2298x2539px
>>378442175
2/2
>>
>>378439770
Because fantasy is the biggest nerd draw ever. Sci-fi can only compete when its basically fantasy in a sci-fi setting(star wars).

Fantasy is simply much more popular.
>>
Cant sell the same game twice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.