[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg (111KB, 256x353px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg
111KB, 256x353px
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>378439434
story and cutscenes yes, gameplay is ok, I mean I beat it and it wasn't a chore or anything.
>>
>>378439948
>>378439434
the gameplay isn't ok in my book.
>linear, all items marked on map
>controlling third-person action platformer with d-pad
>dodge system completely broken and removes any challenge the game had whatsoever
>>
>>378439948
>>378440181
I never played it, but every time someone says "the story is bad but the gameplay is alright" someone jumps their shit. I'm pretty much dead set on assuming this game is a disaster and the only reason I want to play it some day is to see just how big of one it is. Maybe I'll hack my Wii and pirated it since I have a Wii U anyway and don't give a shit.
>>
>>378439434

Yes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XSkRuPuthY
>>
File: 1393117891175.gif (2MB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1393117891175.gif
2MB, 274x231px
the platforming is basically competent. the controls are generally as good a full-3d game running on a single wiimote can be expected to be, minus braindead infini-dodging and being locked in place during first person

the structure is still overbearingly linear, despite offhanded pretenses otherwise
the combat is still an autoaim autopilot chore
the story is still a condescending, incoherent, sub-sub-anime travesty
the lead is still a melodramatc, obnoxious, monotonous, pointlessly and suicidally submissive snooze, which would be bad enough were she not also supposed to be samus aran
when it's not actively miserable, it's still shockingly and flagrantly lacking in any sense of freshness or creativity in environments/monster design/powerups/etc., especially when compared to other games in the series

i think this remains the single most disappointing and bafflingly low-quality mainline franchise sequel nintendo's made. at least star fox zero had a couple of good levels
>>
>>378439434
it's a second rate action game with almost completely automated, simplistic combat and a david cage level narrative

what do you think
>>
>>378440328
when i played it i never even questioned the stupid story. i was surprised when it was more cool to bash the story when the game itself was so shit.

no really, you can literally just mash the d-pad and you will never get hurt. samus automatically dodges every attack that is coming. no timing, just mash.
>>
>>378440328
Thats because the gameplay is not good at all. Its the last refuge of people trying to hang on to something to say "this game isnt complete shit" which it is.

You seriously do not need to ever play it. You can get all the "experience" watching some shitty video collection of the cutscenes if you really want to suffer the story.

Nothing worth your time in this, at all.
>>
File: not-chao.jpg (44KB, 234x228px) Image search: [Google]
not-chao.jpg
44KB, 234x228px
Should I go back & finish this game for the hell of it? I got it around the time it came out and dropped it randomly, I don't even remember why or where I am.
>>
>>378440328
You're free to do whatever you want, but I wouldn't waste the time. If I could go back and stop myself from playing Other M, I would. All I gained from the experience was the "right" to bitch and moan about it for the last seven years.
>>
It's garbage. And don't believe the fuckers who claim the gameplay is good or tolerable, it's just as shit as everything else about the game.
>>
>>378440916
Don't bother. Watch a longplay if you really want to see what happens.
>>
>>378439434
first person stationary missile mode is the dumbest shit
>>
>>378439434

The gameplay is pretty bad. The only thing that makes it tolerable is how short it is.
>>
>>378439434
Its a very good 8/10 game, its not as good as the prime series but if it was called something completely new everyone would have loved it.
>>
it was a mistake that the series will never recover from
>>
>>378443231
Honestly what's the point of telling such blatant lies
>>
>>378443231
>if it was called something completely new everyone would have loved it.

I don't believe this. If it didn't have the Metroid name it would be ignored, and even the ones who did play it would not be impressed by the melodramatic unskippable cutscenes.
>>
its actually kind of impressive how they managed to fuck this series up beyond repair with just one game

like even sonic team needed a few practice runs to reach 06 levels of bad
>>
>>378443604
Sakamoto probably got too much creative control, at least as far as the story goes. This happens all the time. Look at Star Wars, or the quality of the writing of Metal Gear after that other writer left. Movies and games are big projects, it's a team effort to make everything go together. They're treating these people like novel writers but it takes more than just an author for these things.
>>
>>378443604
If Other M did anything good it was giving me a newfound appreciation for the Prime trilogy. It got me to replay the first Prime and realize how goddamn good it was.
>>
>>378439434
I've never played any other metroid game before but I liked it. IIRC /v/ got really mad because Samus didn't act like Samus or some shit, but that's obviously not an issue if you were never into Metroid in the first place.
>>
>>378439434
It's pretty bad. The finishing animations are cool as fuck though.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 98x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 98x120px
Rip this series
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.