[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness though, I love Resident Evil 4, but I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: re4[1].jpg (88KB, 655x411px) Image search: [Google]
re4[1].jpg
88KB, 655x411px
In all seriousness though, I love Resident Evil 4, but I hate how many people give it a free pass and instead decide to hate on Resident Evil 5. RE4, while a good game, was the game that completely changed the franchise for worse, both in gameplay and atmosphere, RE5 just followed in its footsteps. Sure, there were still those moments of brilliant horror like the Regenerador in the prison, but those are rare, unlike in REmake for example, which every moment is filled with tension and horror.

Don't get me wrong, RE4 is a great game and still really fun, but giving it a free pass and saying that it did not change the franchise to action-oriented just because it's the one you like the most is just completely wrong.
>>
It is literally the definitife
>it's a good game but not a good X game.
It's a good game but not a good Resident Evil game.
>>
which area do you like best?
the grey village, the grey castle or the grey island?
which is the best enemy?
the guy, the bigger guy or the spiky guy?
>>
RE4 and RE5 are fun third person shooters. They directly inspired the game that lead to all over-the-shoulder shooters: Gears of War.
>>
>>378437880
It was their first RE game. It's the same with Persona 3 getting a free pass despite being completely inferior to P4z
>>
It's not developer's fault that everyone jumped onto "Third person shooter with QTE" wagon.
>>
>>378437880
>game is bad because of what came after it
>>
File: 1494817992213.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494817992213.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>both in gameplay
>gameplay

Nah nigga, that bitch ass puzzle game/door screen loading simulator was never good in the first place and RE4 just made much-needed revisions.
>>
As some one who only played RE4 and RE5 and really enjoyed them, yep these games are not really Resident Evil. I wanted fun sci-fi horror shooters. I have zero interest in any of the fixed camera games or RE7 because they obviously focus on survival horror more than shooting stuff.
>>
>>378438589
Seems like you never really liked what most RE fans liked then.

You're the problem.
Not the game.
>>
>>378438674
>I wanted fun sci-fi horror shooters.

You're looking for Dead Space 1-2 and DOOM.
>>
Op, you already got RE7.
>>
>>378437880
RE4 is a genuinely good game, but >>378438052 is right. It's not a Resident evil game.
It's too far from the norm of the series and paved the way for change leading to the shit the series is in now.

But because it's a good game it gets love and 10/10 gotyay, general dick sucking everywhere.

Because alot of people liked it and it was a good game people were going to hate on 5 regardless.
5 was a good game aswell. But because it's not 4 it gets shit on.

The only problem with RE4 aside from it's connection with the series is the diehard fans who rave about it none stop.
>Best in the series
No, REmake is, even then 2 and 3 are slightly better than 4. It doesn't even represent the series
>Best selling
No, 5 is. Yes the "shit game that is not 4" sold the best of the whole series.
RE2 sold more on the PS1 alone than 4 managed before getting a HD remake.

It's a shame 4 IS a good game, which is the general consensus, but the fucking leon fanboys make it unbearable.
>>
>>378438520
Read it again dipshit. he said it was good.
>>
>>378439051
>RE4, while a good game, was the game that completely changed the franchise for worse
>giving it a free pass and saying that it did not change the franchise to action-oriented just because it's the one you like the most is just completely wrong.
why does this matter exactly?
>>
>>378438980
RE2 > REmake > RE3
>>
>>378437880
>>378438980
This.
I'm glad seven took another direction.
What happened to Remake 2? I haven't heard of it for months now,
>>
>>378438980
This guy and >>378438052

get it.
>>
>>378438980
5 was way too short and forced me to play it coop. Also very little atmosphere and way too much shooting.
>>
File: 916459865.jpg (65KB, 968x912px) Image search: [Google]
916459865.jpg
65KB, 968x912px
>wake up
>wife pissing me off that i need to cut more wood
>i don't hate it, but don't need to tell me every 5 seconds ffs
>go outside
>son playing with my axe
>so proud
>realize he broke my axe
>beat the shit out of him to teach him a lesson
>you can fuck my wife, but don't fuck with my axe
>go out and buy new one
>so cool, sharp as fuck tho
>arrive home
>wife and son aren't home
>best fucking day ever
>just chilling on fireplace with my new axe
>hear a sound of someone walking around my house
>must be my wife to ruin my day
>i won't give a shit, just want to chill here
>isn't her, is a stranger talking in some weird language
>can't understand a single shit
>he's showing me a photo of a young girl
>decide to show my new axe in a sign of trust
>get shot 8 times
>mfw
>>
Both RE4 and RE5 have a high replay value. RE6 I never want to touch again just after one complete playthrough.
>>
>>378437880
RE4 came out when people were starting to get very burnt out on old school RE. RE0 and CVX were not as warmly received as the first few games.

Then RE4 comes out and it's just straight up fun and the tension comes from constantly feeling like you're two mistakes from being buttfucked to death with pitchforks and chainsaws. The level design is so solid that even playing it years later I remembered every room as soon as I saw it, and it was still challenging.

The plot and Leon are goofy as fuck so it's pretty obvious from the start that the game isn't taking itself as seriously as the others.

RE5 was when everyone started to sour because like you said, it was more of the same. But it wasn't an obvious step up like RE2 to the original, and didn't have a gimmick like 3, 0, or CVX. It was just kind of bland and not nearly as memorable or tightly designed thanks to co-op.
>>
>for worse
MUH SHITTY PUZZLE GAMES
I WANT MY ZOMBIE GAMES TO HAVE PUZZLES
WHAT COULD BE MORE FUN THAN PUZZLES
AND TANK CONTROLS

Fuck off dumb nigger, RE4 literally saved this rotting franchise
>>
>>378437880

If you have issues with RE4 as an RE on its own, that's fair and I can't disagree with you since that's subjective. The later games going to shit, though, is not on RE4. Capcom trying to recapture what made RE4 work whole fundamentally misunderstanding it are what caused the franchise to go to shit.

The over the shoulder style was objectively an improvement. The later games added co-op and, not only that, focused heavily on it. You were never alone and your partner either supported you or frustrated you. The games also focused much more heavily on action than on atmosphere and satisfying gameplay.

That's part of why Revelations still worked. It was single player and had its own, spoopy feel to it.

A new Resident Evil, purely single player which brought back the undead and classic monsters rather than plagas and the like would be phenomenal. It's just not in Capcom's wheelhouse anymore.
>>
>>378440097
>Tending my fire, getting ready to get cozy as shit
>Some fucking twink barges into my house and shows a picture of his waifu
>Tell him to get the fuck out
>He says something back, don't understand, but he's definitely not in a fucking rush to leave
>Stand your ground, motherfucker, this guy leaves now
>Swing next to him to show I mean business, taking care not to hit him
>The dumb fuck starts rolling on the floor, he's probably some weeaboo thinking he's doing a cool move
>Motherfucker pulls out A GUN
>IN MY HOME
>Gotta be the alpha, can't back down now
>He shoots me in the eye
>Somehow I don't pass out from the pain and scream in agony
>Fucker kicks me to the ground
>Starts slashing my thighs with a knife
>Hurts like a fucking bitch
>Pretend to die so he'll stop
>A little while later I hear breaking glass from the second floor
That fucker better not have messed with my fake skull collection under the staircase I was saving for All Saints' Day. Spent hours carving those.
>>
>>378442268

In all seriousness, knowing that Leon wasn't aware of the situation yet, he literally was fine murdering a man in his home after entering it without permission.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.