[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XI. Awesome coding. Not...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170528_081659.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_081659.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
The rumors of Square-Enix only having a skeleton crew working to maintain Final Fantasy XI must me true. This shit is not something obscure like the Salvage Duping Trick. This blows my mind because it's completely out in the opened for all to see. These are new spells that are given to Red Mages when the get half-way to becoming a Master (1200 of 2100 Job Points).
>>
File: IMG_20170528_081757.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_081757.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Picture 2 of 3
>>
>>378435323
XI still gets updated?
>>
File: IMG_20170528_081929.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_081929.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Picture 3 of 3
>>
File: 2016-11-18-160453.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-18-160453.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
at this point should be happy there's even anyone working on it at all

surprising it's not even shutdown
>>
Absolutely. The game is alive and well. The only issue is that FF11 only has I data center that's in Japan. FF14 has Three Data Centers. One in Japan, one in the EU and one in USA.
>>
>>378435721
What's the playercount
>>
OP did you even play XI during its prime? It was a well known fact that XI was being developed on spaghetti code. They'd add shit and completely unrelated things would break all the time.
>>
File: Atnm_test.png (668KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Atnm_test.png
668KB, 800x600px
>OP thinks this is a surprise
>OP forgets shit like this happened
>>
It's hard to say. I think there are 16 active servers in the FFXI Data Center. To the best of my knowledge, all servers can have wild population swings. I'm on the Ragnarok server. To the best of my understanding, it's the 4th most popular server. Monday through Friday, I've seen numbers as low as 580/ On a Saturday It's been double that. If people have Real Life, they may just leave their sales mules on screen while their away.
>>
No. I did not play in the days of the 75 level cap. I started playing in March of 2013... I live in New York and found the PS2 installation software at the Joe Koch Comic Book Warehouse in southern Brooklyn. At the time, I had a hardware-based backwards compatible PS3. I popped the PS2 discs into the old PS3 and after it installed, it worked...
>>
XI had a skeleton crew since XIV 1.0 was in development. XI has been on life support ever since. The only reason its still up is because there are still dedicated players that pay more than $15 a month to play.
>>
>>378436329
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>378435323
>2017
>FFXI
>>
Quote:
XI had a skeleton crew since XIV 1.0 was in
development. XI has been on life support ever
since. The only reason its still up is because
there are still dedicated players that pay more
than $15 a month to play.

Absolutely no question about that. You won't hear be denying it. I think it's safe to presume that the bulk of the money that SE gets from 11 is being used to subsidize 14.
>>
>Decide to try out the free trial of 11 this morning just because I'm curious about this weird ass popular pre-WoW MMO.
>After all the hurdles and hoops of setting up PlayOnline, it's only halfway done installing the game itself.
Holy fuck, I forgot how bad PC installers used to be.

>>378436945
>more than $15 a month
What, are there hidden fees too, or is it just cosmetic bullshit?
>>
>>378437554
It's $12 per month and an additional $1 for each character. The fee goes up if you have additional mog wardrobes. The truly dedicated players have multiple characters. So it can easily add up to $15+ a month.
>>
>>378435323
>rumors

uh they literally announced last year that the game was going to be put on a skeleton crew and not recieve anymore major updates.
>>
>>378435323
That isn't a coding issue, that's a mistake made by the guy who's editing the localization file.
>>
Nice thread retard
>>
>>378437775
>$1 per character
Nice. I'll gladly accept cash shop bullshit if it means getting away from shit like that.
>>
With FF11 you can now purchase more storage space for extra gear. SE's MMO tard-speak for the extra storage space are called "Mog Wardrobe" If you're willing to pay extra per month, you can have two extras wardrobes that hold 80 items each.
>>
>>378438246
Can you please stop, or at least learn how to quote?
>>
Its her 15th birthday and this fucking pajeet that can barely type English or use a fucking imageboard has to shit on a minor text file fuckup instead of saying something nice. As a child she held an entire corporation on her back and is still one of the most complex and beautiful console games ever made, and you are crying about a spelling error, which you make three of every time you try to type a single pathetic sentence. Fuck you.
>>
>>378435323

I have had a constant subsciption to this game since 2003.
I have barely ever logged in since the level cap raise but I never bothered to cancel it and log in now and then and mostly sit in my mog house.
>>
>>378437059
The goblin named "Atnm Test" probably
>>
>>378435323
Some localization guy just fucked up \n a pretty universal new line sign, nothing to do with programming.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.