[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just bought Demons Souls what should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Demon_Souls_Screenshot.jpg (36KB, 472x265px) Image search: [Google]
Demon_Souls_Screenshot.jpg
36KB, 472x265px
pls no specific spoilers, its my first in this series
>>
>>378434931
I think it's good to start with Demon's Souls, because it is one of the better games in the series but it lacks some of the advancements the series makes as it goes on, obviously.

You probably know - it's fucking hard. Don't hesitate to look up a guide that explains some of the complicated systems, but you should try and seriously beat each boss and area un-aided if you want the full experience.

All in all, you'll probably have a whale of a time if you like difficult games with non-intrusive systems.
>>
You picked the right game to start with. Just play it and stick with it even if it doesn't seem all that remarkable at first.

You should leave this thread before the memers arrive and tell you how to play. Just experience it for yourself. The only thing you need to know is that you might need to learn some patience.
>>
>>378435128
And leave Allant for last.
>>
>>378434931
It's a fantastic game, and the perfect entry into the Souls series.

Find a playstyle you like, then whatever weapon you want to main, and focus on upgrading it. World Tendency is confusing and a pain in the ass to control (which you have to play offline to do) so maybe don't worry about it until another playthrough.
>>
Be aware that there's an equipment burden system in the game that it doesn't really tell you about, if you're wearing heavy armor then you won't be able to dodge as well. And remember that stamina management is key.
>>
>>378434931
Don't let them take your heart of gold.

>>378435391
In addition, there is an inventory burden limit. You can't carry the entire armory with you like you can in Dark Souls. Be sure to store everything you don't need and other sets of armor/weapons with Thomas.
>>
>>378434931
Be wary of upgrading weapons. It's needlessly convoluted. You may want to check out the basics on some wiki.
>>
Use Stockpile Thomas. You don't want to permanently miss out on a unique item because your character couldn't carry it.
>>
File: 1490029436784.gif (890KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490029436784.gif
890KB, 305x320px
Expect to miss out on 90% of the fun which were the online features.
>>
>>378434931
SERIOUS HELP HERE
If someone invades and has a certain weapon, they can break all your armor and cost you thousands of souls in repairs (hours of grinding).
At this point, most invaders do this, so just off yourself or fight naked to avoid that.
>>
>>378437913
for real?
>>
UGH

HELP ME
>>
Don't be tempted by magic: it actually is overpowered and will take away alot of the satisfaction of the the game. It's not an opinion thing either.

It's not entirely linear. You will be hopping forward and back in levels as the rest of some areas open up.

With online being dead, some areas will be almost unreachable (since they require white tendency and black tendency, online features.) There's ways to grind then in a direction but just enjoy the game.

Demons souls is a great game. While the mechanics arnt as advanced as the newer games, the story and atmosphere are easy to tell that From put their passion in it, and not just "make it like the last one. It sold well.".
>>
>>378439278
Scraping spear is really the top tier troll weapon, I'd dare say one of the most bullshit in gaming.
>>
>>378437319
>autobalancing world tendency
>shit pvp
Sure, online was a loads of fun.
>>
>>378439807
I would say that classes matter more in the beginning than in other games. Royalty is a crutch of a class that's wack out of balance
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.