[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem Echoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 78

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
How are you enjoying the game so far? Do you like it?

Who's your best male unit and who's your best female unit at the moment?
>>
>>378432919
Between the two parties it's Alm and Faye, Clair or Delthea, and in Celica's it's Mae, and the guys seem to suck.
>>
Really enjoying the game. Bout to finish act III after work.
I'm surprised that Celica's army is a lot better than Alm's.
Best female unit is either Celica, that pink haired mage who's now a priestess, or the blue haired Pegasus knight who's now a falcon knight
>>
>>378432919
>How are you enjoying the game so far?
They did nothing to address Gaiden's core problems and tacked on underutilized supports and a poorly thought out skill system. If you're one of 5 people that actually liked Gaiden and not a knee-jerk delusional faggot, it's fine I guess.
>Who's your best male unit and who's your best female unit at the moment?
This is a stupid question. Alm and Celica have Awakening-tier growths minus the res growth for Gaiden. Alm is almost 1:1 Chrom but with a halved luck growth which is a dump stat anyways.
>>
>>378432919
Love it so far, haven't enjoyed a FE this much since PoR. On Alm's side my best have been Delthea and Bow knight Tobin and on Celica's side it's been Deen and Catria.
>>
Kliff (mage) and Mae. Slap mage rings on them and watch them break the game.
>>
>>378433334
>I-I can't rub muh waifus face so it sucks!!
Kill yourself.
>>
>>378433484
I hope you seriously don't think the maps of Echoes are good.
>>
I thought Boey was as crappy as they can get, but that was before I met Python ( his bro sucks pretty hard too ), and Luthier, and Clive.

It's scary how alm's army is full of shit units while Celica commands the fucking SWAT
>>
>>378433594
I hope you didn't respond to that poor bait seriously.
>>
I finished it yesterday and i gotta say, it was pretty damn good!

It wasn't perfect, but i loved the characters, Dialouge, Artstyle, the animations, Music. So many things!

The maps were really... OK?

They were not the worst thing ever, but not the that good either, the Final Map tho is the Final Map in the series!

So overall, pretty darn good Fire Emblem if i say.

But i'm in the FE mood lately, so what next?
>>
File: Mae Dic.png (427KB, 320x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Mae Dic.png
427KB, 320x1007px
>>378432919
>Do you like it?

How can't I?

>Mae: Sure, I'm still hyper. Let's go!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjs7ObcRsA
The ost is god tier
>>
>>378432919
I'm really enjoying it, I haven't been hooked on FE like this since Radiant Dawn. It's basic, but refreshingly so and a lot of the old balance decisions that got phased out are fun to work with.

Just finished the infamous marsh map in act 4 on Celica's side, I didn't mind it that much.

Best female units so far are Catria, Mae and Celica
Best male units so far are Saber, Gray and Tobin
>>
Alm's party: Sage Kliff is a fucking beast. Priestess Faye is also a motherfucking crit-machine. She kills everything in her path and heals when needed. Love this version of the cleric class line.

Celica's party: Dread Fighter Kamui is my man. Fully forged Brave Blade-wielding killing machine. Best female unit is Celica I think. She does great damage and crits a lot.

I'm enjoying the game immensely. Not had this much fun since the GBA/Tellius games when I played them as they came out. Finally a FE I can enjoy to the fullest. I never played Gaiden, but I love the little differences with classes. Archers are actually amazing units now, and clerics can be your most powerful killing machines from the start instead of having to baby them with Heal Staffs 200 times and promoting them so they can actually fight back.
>>
Why does Gray looks so smug when he crits ?
>>
>>378434004
>yfw hearing this world map theme for the first time
And people said Final Fantasy 2's one was sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xx0o7Bcol4
>>
>>378432919
There's way too much fucking filler just like in Gaiden. I got through Gaiden for the novelty of it, but this might be the one FE I never finish.
>>
>>378433856
>that slight manly, gruff voicing of "let's go!" at the end
Some new fetish I feel.
>>
>>378433654
Forsythe gets good once he becomes a knight with armour crush and tempest lance.
Also can you save after you get to the top of Duma tower or do you have to do a boss on that run?

>>378433753
Which ones have you already played?
>>
>>378434004
Man when I started that map I came in my pants. Been a while since FE music gave me that feeling of actually fighting a serious battle for the kingdom
>>
>>378434062
>Priestess Faye
>cleric class line
But Priestess is the promotion of the Mage line. Cleric promotes into Saint.
>>
>>378433856
>>378434154
I need an mp3 file or something of this line. Everybody seems to love the way she says it.
>>
File: fire_emblem_tier_list.jpg (2MB, 1920x4244px) Image search: [Google]
fire_emblem_tier_list.jpg
2MB, 1920x4244px
Mediocre game desu. All the weird mechanics and shitty maps manage to come together better than I expected, but at the same time nobody in their right mind would call it great or even good.
>>
I feel like I sort of fucked myself over by not focusing on more myrmidons. My only Dread Fighter is Kamui and while he's a monster, he's the only one I have. I didn't like Saber or Jesse's design, disliked Gray's character, and I made Atlas a Cavalier. And now I'm sitting here with 3 Brave Blades and no one to give them to.

I think next playthrough I'll make sure to have 2 Dread Fighters on each side.
>>
>>378434290
Oh yeah sorry, I meant Saint. Saint Faye is a force to be reckoned with. Supporting her with Alm gives her so many crits. Apparently it also reduces some other stat but I don't care, when they're close to each other on the battlefield, both of them crit the living shit out of everyone, Faye usually healing herself up at the same time thanks to Nosferatu.
>>
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Especially since I played some Gaiden fan translation on my old NDS with an old r4.

Really surprised they stayed so true to the somewhat broken maps and even kept the dread fighter glitch in purposely. Now that's how you do a remake. Keep the notorious bad stuff in and make it a part of the game.

Really enjoying Celicas army, Atlas and Sonya are my faves cause Atlas reminds me of Conan and that was the shiznit of my childhood. Sonya cause she seems like she could suck my nuts dry.

I generally find Celica a rather unlikeable, idealistic, naive little girl while Alm is a young man stepping up to the challenge to save the kingdom. Alms motives and cause are much more noble and practical.

>Celica - tries pray the bad people away, tries to reason with criminals

>Alm - leads an actual army to expell the invading forces, undermines the feudal system
>>
>>378433594
They are.

1-7, 3-4, 3-7, 4-3, 4-4, 4-7, 4-8 and 4-9 on Alm's route and 2-4, 3-1, 3-5, 3-7, 4-3 and 4-4 on Celica's route are all good maps that are either well designed, have smart enemy placement, side objectives, fun or a mix of all four. There are a few bad maps don't get me wrong, but the good heavily outweighs the bad.

This meme that "hurrr all maps suck" just comes from shitposter or people who haven't played it and parrot opinions from the former.
>>
>>378434653
Celica's character during chapter 4 makes sense when you consider her martyr complex and all the shit she's had to experience.
>>
>>378434653
I like that they kept the plot that Alm was in the right and Celica is just being a dumb, naive, overly emotional woman.
>>
>>378434660
nigga I played through the entire game and the postgame dungeon and the games are fucking garbage. I don't even remember these good maps you talk about because they were all so fucking unanimously bland, shitty, and samey. The only maps I remember were the swamp/desert maps and Nuibaba's fortress not because of how good they were, but because of how godawful tedious they were.
>>
>>378434378
>not a new ip
>posting things from reddit
>>
The only other 2 games Ive played are Awakening and PoR but so far I think this one might be my favorite. Know I can't say much since I've barley played the rest of the series but I just love commanding 2 army's and robbing shit from dungeons.

Think the worst things about this game so far just has to be Clive and the desert maps on Chapter 3 for Celica.
>>
>>378434798
"you don't win a war by dying for your country, you win by making the other poor fool dien for his" - General Alm "Mad Dog" Patton
>>
>>378434923
>le reddit boogeyman

you also need to get that IP counter checked
>>
I just hope they keep the Echoes tagline and remake other older FE games. I'd pay so much for a FE6/7 remake. They could even put it child units again to please the weirdos and it would actually make sense.
An HD remake of PoR/RD in one game would be glorious as well. With full voice acting. Fire Emblem is really taking off as a brand so it's not out of the realms of possibility. They remake Pokemon games every couple years, why not do the same with FE?

It was also quite risky remaking Gaiden, the black sheep of the FE family. So if it's successful, they'll know they took the risk and won big, so they can focus on remakes while pumping out new games as well.
>>
>>378434378
>1st GBA FE higher than SD

That game was a massive tutorial for stupid white gaijin piggus. At least that's how ISIS saw us.

SD And Echoes were beautifully made remakes of FE classics back from when you hey had Kaga in charge of FE
>>
>>378435306
I'd rather see a remake of FE4 first.
>>
I love the crazy couple dialogues between mathilda and clive.

I find it hilarious
>>
>>378435593
>SD
>beautiful
>>
>>378435593
Only the first ten chapters are tutorial, the game goes back to normal levels of difficulty after that.
>>
>>378434159
I have played: FE4,6,7,8,9, Fates and now Echoes so it counts as FE2 i guess.
What are your suggestions, good person on the internets?
>>
File: 1496021652361.jpg (117KB, 880x648px) Image search: [Google]
1496021652361.jpg
117KB, 880x648px
Better than Fates so far, almost done with Act 4. Also is it just me or is Celica literally worst girl? I don't like her part either, only Saber, Jesse, and Sonya are fun. I love Alm's party much more.
>>
File: 1484836053796.png (108KB, 175x257px) Image search: [Google]
1484836053796.png
108KB, 175x257px
>>378434660
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>378435946

Gray and Clair are cute
>>
>>378435946
>I love Alm's party much more.
People I've asked seem to swing both ways depending on what sort of strategies they like to use. Personally I prefer Celica's party and chapters because I enjoy fiddling around with mages and squishies but I know people who prefer the durability and mobility of Alm's party.
>>
>>378435897
Since you already have your foot in the door with Echoes, why not try Shadow Dragon and New Mystery? Shadow Dragon is a bit on the bland side, but it's worth going through it for NME.

You can also just do FE3 instead of both I guess, but that cuts out some of the characters including all axe users. Wrys amusingly gets completely replaced with a vulnerary, which is arguably more useful.
>>
>>378435897
Given that you've played all of them, I would say 5 if you liked the setting for four, and constantly fighting an uphill battle because your army is outclassed, 10 if you liked the setting and characters from 9 the most, but want it with more difficult maps, and liked the split armies stuff from Echoes, and 11 is very much a mixed bag, due to retarded sidequest requirements, a controversial artstlye (I didn't mind it, but a lot of people complained), and no rescue/shove/supports etc. If you liked 6 and Echoes most I guess go for that one, then 12 actually gives you some supports and more characterisation so long as you can tolerate an OC that gets an 8 chapter prologue, and his/her own side-arc.
>>
Berkut did nothing wrong.
>>
>>378435595
Would be cool, but the maps are too big for what people consider FE now a days. If they do hopefully they don't change some of the stranger topics in the game.
>>
>>378436839
>FE5

Yeah, no. Wait until an actual good translation is out.
>>
About to start Act 3, so far, it's been great. Enjoyable. A bit too easy but I heard it gets more difficult later.
>>
>>378432919
Excluding the lords, best on Alm's side is Claire and Forsyth; best on Celica's is Catria and Saber.
Why the fuck are Peg Knights so damn good in this game? Every other game I generally ignore them because they're so underwhelming.
>>
>>378434378
6 is objectively a better game than 7 and 8.
>>
>>378435306
I'd love a 6/7 remake. The general audience would finally know who Roy is
>>
File: 242342341424.png (189KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
242342341424.png
189KB, 500x281px
Are the weapon arts bond to a character after learning them and can they only use it with that weapon and can no one else then use that weapon to learn arts?

It's confusing me, since with skills before you had the choice to set or remove them, is there a similar thing?
>>
>>378437438
if you're a masochist, maybe
>>
>>378432919
I'm a few maps into part 3 and so far Celica is by far the best unit regardless of stats since she's so versatile, followed by the cleric in celica's group since she has powerful spells early and is quick to level. As far as male units go Sabre is the best followed by every other mercenary. I made Grey a Mage and he also is shockingly useful because of his base attack and being just fast enough to double what he needs to.
>>
>>378437351
Pegasus knights have always been good, but they're especially good in this one because they can go over walls and terrain can be harmful as well as helpful. Skills like Tempest Lance also help them avoid a lot of counterattack damage so they can be used more reliably against tankier opponents.
>>
>>378437438
Don't bother replying to a guy who puts all the old games in a Nostalgiafag Tier, he's just a shitposter.
>>
>>378435812
It's beautiful in it's simplicity.

It's refreshing to play something so cliche and vanilla.
>>
File: 1477676429030.png (81KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477676429030.png
81KB, 204x200px
I finally got past Desaix's castle and I'm met with this bullshit where I have to rout out, what, some 16 cavs with 4 paladins? The only thing I felt like I could do without someone getting gangbanged, even with terrain, is to have only Lukas and Alm and rush it to that small supply hill and force them to choke one at a time.

I should have made one of the villagers a mage too, I have no magic users outside of the lightning sword and that one nerd from the village. Skeletons are a nightmare.
>>
>>378438239
Abuse the fact they have no range and position your guys shoulder to shoulder so you can only get attacked on one or two sides per person. Then focus on taking out as many as you can while still maintaining something of a defensive position. Most of Alm's team will have no trouble tanking them for a couple of turns.
>>
I am really surprised by the dub I really expected it to be experience breaking bad, but no, it's pretty good.
>>
>>378437438
>same-turn reinforcements
>better than anything
lmao
>>
>>378434431
>I didn't like Saber's design
How could you not like the best male design? Saber is top tier. Great desgin, great character, best dread. He has everything.
>>
>>378437045
Being Duma's bitch, no matter how brief, is always wrong.
>>
Fuck off with this trash.
Conquest > all
>>
>>378438747
His hair sucks but overall I agree with you anon.
>>
>>378438239
When you get to the floodgates you get a mage that starts off weak, but if you feed her kills and give her the mage ring she ends up being a powehrouse
>>
The plot's great for a FE game so far (About to tackle Nuibaba on Alm's route, about to storm Duma Tower on Celica's)

Animation is janky in places but still quite cool. Characters feel a lot more developed and I enjoy them quite a bit despite the low number of supports. It'd be nice if the amount of supports were expanded though.

I enjoy the in-battle animations, especially Dread Fighter, who is pretty much a GBA Myrm/Swordsmaster put into 3D and it works fantastic. Everything in combat looks great.

The forging system is interesting and the artes add a lot of depth to the combat system; depth that was sorely needed. Spells being like they are have a lot of tactical elements to them and a reason to have more people as mages. Archers are great too.

The dungeons are refreshing and short enough to be entertaining.

It's the recipe for the perfect Fire Emblem game, but unfortunately ALL OF THE MAPS ARE SO FUCKING GARBAGE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THEY'RE SO FUCKING BAD
>>
File: IMG_1551.png (53KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.png
53KB, 242x208px
>mfw debating on Class Changing Faye either as a Pegasus Knight or a Cleric

What did you pick for Faye
>>
>>378432919

So when should I upgrade the childhood friend brigade? Hard/Classic and I just beat the map with the wandering merc. I'm going with the "canon" classes but every time I think it is time to class up one of my villagers gets 4-5 stats on level up.
>>
>>378439116
cleric, she is just too useful as one.
>>
>>378439116

PK is garbage on Hard Mode, pick Cleric.
>>
>>378439116
She's a strong pegasus knight but you'll regret not going Cleric because nobody else on Alm's route gets Physic
>>
File: 1495990608717.jpg (60KB, 590x702px) Image search: [Google]
1495990608717.jpg
60KB, 590x702px
>>378439116
Cleric.
Faye still kills and hits with Nosf/Sera as long as she's near Alm with the boost from support.
>>
>>378436742
>>378436839
Well, i am playing Shadow Dragon right now.
It is pretty bland, but hey.
It's better than Birthrout and Revelations that must mean something... right?

Gonna play the FE3 version of Mystery becuase i like the SNES Sound and everything.
Also no MU, that's a good thing right?

I like his character so far in (Only in Chapter 2)
but i heard he is pretty diffrent in Mystery of the Emblem becuase Shadow Dragon changed his character.

Am i right on this one or is it a rumour or something?
>>
>>378439116
Cleric Faye with the Dracoshield can solo Alm's route.
>>
>>378434310
>I need an mp3 file or something of this line. Everybody seems to love the way she says it.

Here's some extremely amateur quality recording just for you anon.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xYK9FSNmV1
>>
File: elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>378439024
>The plot's great for a FE game so far
>>
>>378439191
>canon classes
>all the cipher faye are PK
>heroes faye is archer (you can't archer faye)
>>
>>378439116

She works best as Cleric since she has spells only she can learn. Also even though not all bow users have advantage against Flyers in this one they don't suck anymore.
>>
>>378434378
>Move PoR to top tier
>Put Genealogy in top tier or 2nd tier
>Put Thracia in great tier
>Move Binding Blade to at least mid tier
>Put New Mystery of the Emblem in great tier
>Move Conquest down to great tier
>>
>>378439327
Great for an FE game. FE game's don't have good plots.
>>
File: Celica.png (1MB, 1366x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Celica.png
1MB, 1366x1074px
Nintendo is really pushing Fire Emblem for Summer Slam. I remember when the series was a niche within a niche.
>>
>>378433594
I like how love it/hate it people have been about the maps of Echoes.

Personally the maps without castles on Zofia's side give me an advance wars-lite experience with the open expanse, choke points and artificial defense points you make with your own units. That and there's something really appealing about how open everything is in comparison to how tight awakening and fates tended to be.
>>
>>378439349

okay fuck

Kliff and Tobin can fight over mage and archer.
Faye is Cleric.
BEST BOY is Merc.
>>
Thracia 776 remake when
>>
>>378439698
Now with easy mode for our NA friends

I'm aware of elite mode
>>
>>378439667
to add onto this

Mage Kliff has a weaker start but ends up better than Mage Tobin
>>
Is it just me that finds Celica's route the harder of the 2. The swamp levels are harder than the volcano levels
>>
File: you tried.png (34KB, 314x112px) Image search: [Google]
you tried.png
34KB, 314x112px
>>378439667
He is my absolute mvp as a dread fighter.

That smug face when he crits
>>
>>378439910
You just have to use genny with soothing light as lifeboat
>>
>>378439910
I agree, to me it seems that Celica's levels would be 5 chapters later in a regular FE than Alm's.
>More complex maps
>Promoted units earlier
>More powerful bosses
>>
I enjoy it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone besides really hardcore TBS/FE fans.
>>
>>378439381
At that point why even bother wearing anything?
>>
>>378438239
You have a knight and a cav killing weapon by this point. Just don't deploy units that can't survive a couple of hits.
>>
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED: Rudolfs theme is amazing and I hated that you can't save that witch in the final map. 8/10 game
>>
>>378439116
Cleric with Dracoshield
>>
>>378439264
forgot to add: When i talk about the character, i mean Marth
>>
I already finished it. Greatly enjoyed it compared to Awakening and Fates, and I don't even like Gaiden that much
>>
>>378440648
>Greatly enjoyed it compared to
>Fates

Leave and never come back
>>
Do you guys want Artes like DOUBLE LION in the next FE?
>>
File: 1450218954067.jpg (102KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
1450218954067.jpg
102KB, 387x468px
>>378440745
Just bring the whole hp cost to use skills and shit. Never thought I would love the mechanic this much
>>
Finished it a few days after release. It was a slog; I only barely enjoyed it more than FE11.

Discluding Alm and Celica, best male was Forsyth, best female was Genny.
>>
File: 14.png (57KB, 512x352px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
57KB, 512x352px
>>378437438
In your dreams
>>
>>378439327
Its a pretty standard plot of two people living up to their destinies and freeing the land of tyranny. Its serviceable as it doesn't elicit any cringe/groans and works with the gameplay taking place without distracting from it. The characters are also pretty likeable too generally so that definitely helps things.
>>
>>378441056
Ugh, bad maps are the worst
>>
>>378440745
It's powerful but given that it's locked to the royal sword it's not that big of a deal, especially compared to swords like Amiti and Ragnell.

I greatly prefer on-command abilities compared to %chance abilities in general, so I'd be happy if they kept the system.
>>
>>378439910
I never really felt like I encountered a roadblock as Celica, except when I went immediately to the temple. With Alm I was constantly trying to figure out how to proceed on certain maps, like saving mathilda or how to deal with the one map that had two squads of 3 knights or whatever.
>>
>>378433856
>people actually like the "lets go"
>>
>>378439667
Kliff is the best Merc though. Tobin is just trash no matter what you make him.
>>
File: 557.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>378441239
>Not liking the "let's go"
>>
>>378440730
Conquest has good maps, but that's it. Birthright is an even easier Awakening, and Revelation is full of gimmicky maps.
>>
>>378441284
My tobin was a godly archer
>>
>>378441284
I made Tobin a merc and gave him the lightning sword. He has enough spd to double almost everything and is good at poking enemies.
>>
>>378439987
>that smug face when he crits
>not turning off all animations
Next you'll tell me you left voices on
>>
Does anyone else get a boner from the breathing noises celica makes when you run with her in a dungeon?
>>
>>378441541
And her screaming voices when she attacks.
>>
>>378441516
>turning animations off in the first play through
>>
File: est.png (264KB, 539x699px) Image search: [Google]
est.png
264KB, 539x699px
Catria! Oh, Catria!
>>
>>378434378
>FE: Blazing Blade is great tier
>where you still fight enemies unpromoted at the final maps
>nothing but underwhelming reinforcement that do nothing
>1/3 of the game is tutorial maps
Mid tier at best, Sword of seal is desrves to be great tier
>>
>>378441340
You're underestimating conquest very much you cunt
>>
>>378441703
>Having every battle take 10x as long
At this point I'm skipping most enemy phases altogether. Padding not welcome
>>
>>378441945
>same-turn reinforcements
>great tier
lol

I love how you can tell who the elitist hipsters are just by whether they like FE6 or not
>>
>>378438747
Dunno, Kamui resonated with me more. Saber gets a lot more dialogue in the story though so next playthrough he'll be my main sword dude on Celica's side.
>>
>>378441945
Levels in old FE games are so fucking weird. I replayed Path of Radiance recently and it had shit like lv18 archers next to lv10 snipers while the boss was a lv18 Paladin
>>
>>378442241
>PoR
>Old
???
>>
File: 1477619468849.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1477619468849.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
>this desert level
>use Leon to slowly whittle down the fucking 10 archers they have
>only one left is a merc and wolff
>the one merc rushes him and gets a crit
>have to go through this only move 2 spaces at a time again
Holy shit.
>>
>>378442456
it was released in 2005, 11-12 years ago, buddy
>>
It's fine. Its everything you could expect from a remake by IS. Act 3 was a slog, but now that I have saints with expel cantors aren't as big of a problem. It's not my favorite by any means, but its fun to pick up now and then.
>>
>>378442586
Bottom right of the 2nd screen. The turn wheel. Use it.
>>
Has this happened to anyone else?
>enemy in a dungeon gets you from the back
>this causes the battle to begin with the two parties closer to eachother and enemy moves first
>they instantly kill one of your units by ganging up on it
>there is no way to prevent this once the battle was started
I understand why there are revival springs now.
>>
>>378442680
>27 year old series
>11 years is old
???
>>
>>378439116
Mage is nice and second best, but Cleric has way too much utility to not be the best.
>>
>>378442586
Did you promote Saber and Kamui into myrmidons? They could deal with the merc easily, but the pegasus knights and Atlas will leave you if you try to get to the statue.
Have Genny spam invoke with Celica healing her.
>>
File: 1470379308327.jpg (5KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470379308327.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
I just killed OHKO'd Rudolf with a 2% crit Ragnarok. Did I fuck up by not killing anything else in the map? They were so beefy, I don't think I was meant to kill anything else. Hard mode, btw.
>>
>>378434378
>Revelation even on the same level as any other game at all
>>
File: laughing_fairies.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_fairies.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>there are people who grinded in Echoes
>when it's one of the easiest games in the series
>when even postgame dungeon can be beaten with 0 grinding
>>
>>378443171
I cleared the whole map, but in the end Rudolf ended up dying to a crit from the loli when I wanted Alm to deliver the final blow.
>>
>>378443371
>people grinded in Awakening and all Fates routes, even Conquest
>people grinded in Sacred Stones
>people spammed the arena in 6 and 7
Why do people want to destroy what difficulty there is in FE? At least do it in a more clever fashion like low manning with pre promotes or something.
>>
Yes pretty good
I'm actually happy to see that series slowly recovers after shitfest RD was
Now we just need to chase away Tellius newfags and waifu posters and fire emblem threads will be good again
>>
>>378443545
>Why do people want to destroy what difficulty there is in FE?
fucking casuals man. Maybe they're so used to shitty TBS games like FFT and TO where grinding is encouraged that they can't comprehend a game where you have limited resources
>>
>>378439237
>nobody else on Alm's route gets Physic
Tatiana
>>
>>378443371
>People did child missions in conquest for the exp
>even when the hardest difficulty is doable without

Some people are just casuals my friend
>>
File: 1399141614990.jpg (320KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1399141614990.jpg
320KB, 560x560px
>Tfw 45 hours into the game
>Tfw only starting on Act 4
>Tfw been 45 hours of pure fun
Also why is there no Lunatic mode? I honestly feel like Hard Echoes is the equivalent to Lunatic Birthright, anybody else getting that feeling?
>>
>>378443545
I can't speak for all FE players, but personally I arena abused once or twice on my Nth runs through the game because "this'll be funny".
>>
>>378443742
Birthright must be fucking easy then. Hard Echoes is easier than Normal Conquest.
>>
>>378432919
So is there a tier list or any advice on which classes to give to the villagers? I don't need to minmax but I don't want to doom anyone to the bench either. I took what I thought fit them best
Gray - Mercenary
Tobin - Soldier
Faye - Cleric
Kliff - Mage
>>
The one thing I hate so far is the map-roaming paladin groups that will just ambush you, get to attack first, and don't let you position your units. I had one group of them hovering over the Berkut forest battle that made that map a nightmare, and then when I tried to step over to Desaix, another group galloped on over to rush in and kill that faggot Python. Just leave me alone so I can position!
>>
>>378437045
Sacrificing his (my) wife to duma for one
>>
>>378443958
Every FE game is shitty compared to conquest, that's not fair.
>>
>>378444016
Soldier's a pretty bad class for anyone, since the stats and mov are meh, and Lukas is right there. Tobin's the best of them at least since his base speed is so high. Still, he's better off as a different class.
>>
>>378444016
sniper tobin is pretty good
>>
>>378442815
>getting caught by the enemy
>>
>>378443742
>>378443958
Echoes and Birthright are both easy as shit.

In terms of difficulty:

Conquest - 10
RD - 8
FE7/PoR - 5
Echoes - 3
SS - 3
Birthright - 1
>>
>>378444109
There's no way to change it back right? Could reload my save from one battle ago though
>>378444174
Doesn't sound too bad either, might go with it
>>
Why does Alm's army have so many garbage units?
>>
It's shit, expected from a remake of the worst FE game.
>>
>>378443718
act 4 anon, you only get to use her for like 5 maps and a dungeon, maybe two if you skipped fear mountain before fighting nuibaba.
>>
File: Mathilda_Echoes.png (196KB, 412x477px) Image search: [Google]
Mathilda_Echoes.png
196KB, 412x477px
>tfw she's so weak
>>
>The maps are trash and mechanics aren't as refined as later FE titles so it's not very good as an SRPG
>The dungeon crawling is complete ass, dungeons take maybe 10 minutes tops to fully explore and the maps are just as bad inside, so it's not very good as an RPG

what is this game even good for outside of hidari designs
>>
>>378443731
>for the exp
Or, you know, for the child units
>>
File: 1407443191609.png (518KB, 720x957px) Image search: [Google]
1407443191609.png
518KB, 720x957px
>>378444295
>Mathilda
>Bad
Are you braindead?
>>
>gamefaqs hates Delthea because she is a loli
>>
I'm on the last map.

Is there any way to counter upheaval? It's hard to recover from even when I have Kliff, Faye, Mae, Celica, Sonya, Gebby and Delthea healing everyone.
>>
Best boys are Forsyth in Alm's side and Atlas in Celica's.

Best girls are Delthea and Catria, respectively. Special mention to Genny for turning all "asshole Cantor sitting on supplies" boss into jokes by draining them dry with her little Invoke toy soldiers.
>>
>>378444295
>Weak
But she's better than every other lance user in the army except Claire?
>>
>>378444296
it's good for comparing the plot to fates to validate my bias and deluding myself it's somehow a better game because of it
>>
>>378444217
How the fuck is PoR a 5 when Ike can solo the game by himself with no difficulty?
>>
>>378444259
>implying
Delthea, Claire, and Mathilda are the best of their class. Anything Kliff becomes will be godly.
>>
>>378437594
Weapon arts are locked to those weapons. So if Celica learns a weapon art for a steel sword, any time she is holding a steel sword she can use that art. She can't use that skill with a different sword, but switching weapons won't unlearn a skill.
>>
>>378444295
I've seen people saying Mathilda is bad in these threads, and if its not bait, what kind of meme is it?

When we get a remake of FE4/6, are people going to think the pre promos there are garbage too? I seriously think so.
>>
>>378444295
>Everyone singing her praises
>have to baby her forever
>Lukas with a hexlock shield does the job better

it took turning her into a gold knight before I could let her fight without worrying about her.
>>
>>378444295
Why are Cavalier Units always so bad, christ.
>>
>>378444424
Tatiana learns Fortify at level 4, which heals everyone as much as Psychic does in the range of 1 to half her attack. Use her.
>>
>>378444423
that's just endgame, who if I understand correctly is a self loathing lolicon

He's been having some threads about how Gaiden!Dyute was not a loli and IS lolified her.
>>
>>378444419
>>378444426
Mathilda isn't bad, she's fast, accurate and has not-terrible Res, but her Strenght and Def are kinda low. She's super fast so she doesn't give a shit about weight, but she either carries a weapon or carries a shield.
>>
>>378444417
>needing child units

You sully Conquests name good sir
>>
File: duma.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
duma.webm
3MB, 854x480px
I'm glad they kept this in
>>
>>378444586
Shit she's on level 3 right now.
>>
>Get rushed
>Unit dies
>L + R + Start + Select
>Remember that you have a doodad to rewind time
Fuck. This has happened to me like 4 times.
>>
>>378444535
And?
I never said his whole army was trash.
But basically the entire deliverance minus Claire and Mathilda are worthless garbage. Lukas, Forsythe, Python, and Clive all suck hard. Gray and Tobias aren't so hot either. That mage dude is also not spectacular comparatively, to the point I forgot his name.
It just seems like overall Alm got way more shit units than Celica
>>
File: 1467673040260.jpg (52KB, 510x420px) Image search: [Google]
1467673040260.jpg
52KB, 510x420px
>tfw got Luna, the worst of the rare drop weapons
what a waste. anyone else got one?
>>
>>378444554
Mathilda is alright in the main game, best cavalier but that's not saying much. The problem is Lances suck ass in this game, no crit lances. In postgame dungeon you NEED crits to do any damage at all, and any units without lances aren't going to do shit. Mathilda is also to frail to tank enemies past the 8th floor
>>
>>378438683
2hard4(You)?
>>
>>378444295
She's one my best units but is there any reason not to turn her into a peg knight ?
She loses 1 mov for flight and bonus damage against terrors.
>>
File: 1461490161162.jpg (106KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1461490161162.jpg
106KB, 500x666px
>Delthea with 40 attack and 29 spd at level 11 Priestess
>Atlas with 37 Atk and 21 SPD at level 20 Myrmidon
They just carved a path way for Alm to Duma
>>
I want to thighfuck Sonya!
>>
>>378432919
>using female units
>implying women belong in combat
SJWs get out RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>378444885
Ridersbane is the MVP weapon of Alm's route though. And Blessed Lances, but that's not really relevant for Alm's route.
>>
>>378444894
SMR are the worst kind of artificial difficulty and promotes trial-and-error gameplay. Anyone defending SMR needs to be taken to the backroom and shot.
>>
File: 1460942836912.jpg (181KB, 1110x684px) Image search: [Google]
1460942836912.jpg
181KB, 1110x684px
>Cantor that summons necrodragons
>Cantor WITCH THAT SUMMONS MORE WITCHES
>JEDAH NEGATES 3 ATTACKS ON HIM, HEALS 10 HP PER TURN TANKS TO DRACOSHIELD AND DOESN'T USE HP TO USE SPELLS
>NOW I'M ON A MAP WITH TWO CANTORS, A WITCH CANTOR AND A REGULAR CANTOR

Jesus fucking Christ, tell me it doens't keep getting worse
>>
>>378437045
He killed his girlfriend
>>
I piarted Echoes few days ago and everytime someone dies i just switch games between Fates and Echoes.

So far Fates is better in m opinion because the difficulty is consistant.
You progress and the enemies get better after time with a new challange with every fight

Echoes is sometimes so piss easy i just psuh attack on the Touch screen and sometimes so fucking hard i cant win a round without somebody dying

Dont care for the story because its just ugu kawaii tale told 100000 times allready
>>
>>378444973
Is it the better idea to 20 promote units now? I know they still get bunped up to bases upon promotion.
>>
>>378445158
filtrado
>>
File: echoes-character6.jpg (872KB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
echoes-character6.jpg
872KB, 2894x4093px
>>378438754
I mean, what would you do if you found out your whole life was a huge joke?
>>
>>378445087
>They brought this shit back for Awakening hard mode and above
Fucking why IntSys.
I love being punished for not being psychic
>>
>>378445275
>We trained him wrong, as a joke!
>>
>>378445201
Well you see, I was in Duma's Tower and I don't promote until I'm finished with a dungeon. Atlas got the last kill on the boss and leveled up to 20. Sadly though, the game locks Celica's group there. So whatever 10 people you brought there, they're going to the last map with ya with no way to promote. Really wish I made him into a Dread Fighter, but Oh well.
>>
>>378445087
>artificial difficulty
You should be the one who should get shot.
>>
>>378445275
Plan a coup and take the crown, if my uncle played me like that I'd just be king another way.
>>
>>378445406
Oh and I didn't get to promote Jesse, Saber, and Kamui to Dread Fighters either. It was a sad day.
>>
>>378445349
awakening hard is easy as shit except for SMR, literally every single restart I had was because some faggot fucking archer spawned and 1-shot my flier

>>378445456
not an argument
>>
>>378445275
I mean if he played his cards right he could have assassinated Alm and become king later, or just suck it up as Alm would more than likely give him most of the Rigel land to rule over as the lord.
>>
>>378444016
>Tobin - Soldier
You made same mistake as I.
He is to slow as a soldier, probably archer would be better
>>
>>378445560
>>378445406
Why wait 20 to promote the mercenary line when they can loop back to villager ? It's a tremendous xp loss.
>>
>>378433484
>All he said was that they did next to nothing with Gaiden's supports when support conversations have been a thing well before Fates
>Assumes he's as buttmad about fates "censorship" as you are

Maybe it's you who should be gettin' that noose ready.
>>
>>378432919
In Alm's party, Lukas and Kliff are unbeatable so far (towards the end of chapter 3). Kliff has more DEF than anyone save for Lukas - I can put him in the middle of a map and he just murders everything.

On Celica's side, Mae and Leon - especially Leon, he one-shots everything that tries to attack the party at range.
>>
>>378445275
Not turn my waifu into a bonfire, for one. Listen to my fag cousin and suck my pride up, make the best of a bad situation, NOT SACRIFICE THE ONLY PERSON WHO CARED ABOUT ME FUCK YOU BERKUT RINEA DIDN'T DESERVE THAT YOU FUCK
>>
>>378445870
Because I didn't care enough?
I'm not buying the DLC and grinding for the sake of grinding isn't fun either.
>>
>>378445706
Well he said himself that he'd rather be executed than suck up to Alm, even though that's what his waifu wanted him to do.
>>
File: 1475250982748.png (99KB, 280x336px) Image search: [Google]
1475250982748.png
99KB, 280x336px
>tfw Alm throws the Shield down vs Duma
>>
File: Deen_Echoes_Portrait.png (44KB, 230x256px) Image search: [Google]
Deen_Echoes_Portrait.png
44KB, 230x256px
Sonya or Deener?
>>
>>378446059
Deen is better because Dread Fighters are broken, but Sonya is good too and has more plot relevance.
>>
>>378445950
Berkut snapped when she said she didn't want to be Empress, he though she was in on the joke.
>>
>>378446059
>Squidward vs. Tits Mcgee

Depends on if you want another Myrmidon/Dread Fighter or Mage. Grieth's Fortress might be a bit harder if you don't have the Brave Sword to fish for crits but otherwise it's personal preference. Deen's easier to use since he can be the best class in the game but Sonya can use Excalibur right away and can serve as a replacement for Boey.
>>
5 Dreadfighters isn't a bad thing for Celica

but then again Sonya has tits and has plot relevance
>>
>>378446059
Deen because Sonya is a dumb bitch and somehow becomes a witch even though she finds a cure for witchism and you beat Duma.
>>
>>378446059
Sonya has the only support with Genny, so her
>>
>>378446059
If Mae and Boey didn't turn out, Sonya. If you absolutely need all the swords, you can always turn Atlas into a merc. Plus, Deen drops his Brave Sword upon death. Sonya drops nothing of value.
>>
>>378445116
>Cantor WITCH THAT SUMMONS MORE WITCHES
You can easily counter them with Invoke from Silque, who summons Dread Fighters. The AI is so brain dead that they always gang up on the the summoned units first because hey usual have the lowest stats.

I really don't get people how people have trouble with these witches.

>tell me it doesn't keep getting worse
oh you have no idea what kind of hell is waiting for in post-game. There are dragons that have 1-3 range and ignore your DEF.
>>
>>378446245
A decent Leon makes his fortress trivial.
>>
>>378446059
Can you get the mage ring on Celica's side without recruiting Sonya?
>>
>>378444016
You should bring at least 1 mage since they ignore enemy terrain and alms group doesn't get one till part 3 and you should bring as many mercs as you feel comfortable with since its the most powerful class and is the only reliable way to get good res. It doesn't matter who the mage is since they all do a good enough job at it for the first 3 parts and can hack it till the end.
>>
File: limaIV.jpg (116KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
limaIV.jpg
116KB, 1000x563px
Would you party with him, /v/?
>>
>>378445976
I don't see any reason to wait 20 to promote if you don't plan on min-maxing your units, even by promoting asap they won't reach max level even in the post game dungeon.
And it's a loss because you get far less xp past level 10, whereas you'd get a lot more on a promoted class unlike other FEs.

Also you don't need the DLCs at all to grind, it takes like 15 min to loop back a dread fighter from villager in a act 3 dungeon.
>>
>>378446678
Wait, is that Celica's father? I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.
>>
File: videogames.gif (351KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
videogames.gif
351KB, 341x256px
God that art design in Echoes is probably 10/10. Fire Emblem artworks never looked that good.
>>
Echoes has the worst final map of the series.
>>
>>378446715
You see I did it because I wanted Atlas to have more ATK. I'm sorry I didn't know about your autistic grinding set up. But I like getting extra stats before I promote a bit as they're almost always above the base thats why I promote AFTER a dungeon. I didn't wait I just let him gain more levels until I was done with the dungeon.
>>
>>378446807
Literally Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
>>
File: 1451364728744.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451364728744.png
99KB, 500x500px
>>378446678
>is King of the nation where the patron goddess grant bountiful harvests
>looks like a holocaust survivor
>>
>>378446898
nah that's awakening
>>
>>378447072
I think the point was hedonism
though I might've made em fat too
>>
>>378447007
Unless you grind and your units hit 20 in their final class, promoting ASAP will objectively give you better stats.
>>
>>378447072
He's a druggo
>>
>>378447079
I'll take easy over tedious.
>>
>>378447171
No it won't He would literally only get 1+ HP when I promoted him at level 15. Seeing as I didn't get one class to level 20 in their final class, It didn't even matter plus Delthea and Atlas objectively became my best units because they had good level ups all the way to their promotion.
>>
>>378441284
>make my Tobin a mage
>dishes out a fuckton of damage and doubles frequently
>also learns Excalibur super early so crits4days
>>
File: Rudolf_Echoes.png (698KB, 874x764px) Image search: [Google]
Rudolf_Echoes.png
698KB, 874x764px
>>378447168
>>378447072
They probably wanted to contrast him Rudolf, who is a huge dude but not a degenerate
>>
File: Vortex_queen.png (40KB, 117x220px) Image search: [Google]
Vortex_queen.png
40KB, 117x220px
>>378432919
Overall I am enjoying it more than Conquest, simply because I enjoy the dungeon crawling and the story is tolerable (but no better than that) so I can enjoy the game as a whole without having to skip the batshit fucking retarded story. Many of the maps feel too open, but I like how the game mechanics change for this game, as far as FE goes.
Barring the protags:
Kliff is my best male unit
Catria is the best female unit

Solid addition to FE, not the best but not the worst. Good game.
>>
>>378447390
No you're completely misunderstanding how promotion works. Those extra levels you got BEFORE promotion work identically to the ones you get AFTER promotion. The only thing promoting late does is increase the chance of useless levelups (useless in the sense that any stat increases you get that are below class bases are useless. If a unit has 12 base SPD and gets +3 SPD levelups, but the class base is 15 spd, those +3 SPD levelups are wasted.)
>>
Okay I see "bad maps" thrown around a lot, but nobody explains why the fuck certain maps are bad. Explain, what makes a map bad and what makes a map good? What is good map design and what is bad?
>>
>>378447697
Rudolf is nothing but pure muscle under that heavy armor. Just like Walmart
>>
>>378447819
Yeah and seeing as I'm not doing DLC dungeons or post game, this shit doesn't matter at all. Atlas is still good, Delthea is still good, Alm is still good, Celica is still good. I don't give a rats ass about your "wasted" stats as when I hit the fucking promotion at level 12 or 14 they were already above the fucking base. You're making a big deal over literally nothing.
>>
>What do I promote my villagers to
>>
File: 1477550980758.gif (3MB, 280x154px) Image search: [Google]
1477550980758.gif
3MB, 280x154px
I was a lot more invested in Echoes than Fates right out of the gate.
>>
>>378447928
I'm not one to complain about "flat" maps, but even Gaiden kinda pushes it. When you have swamp maps that restrict everyone movements and drains health while cantors summon 4-6 necrodragons to fly other you, it get a little frustrating.
>>
>>378448053
>this shit doesn't matter at all
so you basically acknowledge you're playing suboptimally, that's fine anon, Echoes is easy as shit anyway

but in case anyone is wondering: promote ASAP if you don't plan on grinding. It objectively gives you better units
>>
>>378447928
muh treasure chests
muh choke points
muh timed objectives
muh advantageous tiles for the enemy and not just for me
>>
>>378448235
Don't listen to this asshat. He's literally retard.If you're in a dungeon, get those last one or two level ups and hope their in ATK and SPD and promote.
>>
How strong should everyone be for Chapter 5? This point of no return message is spooking me out. I'm guessing I should splurge whatever money I have too?
>>
>>378432919
Faye is my best female unit, I just promoted her to Saint and she has 14 def and 10 res, on top of 17 atk.
If I find a map too difficult, the solution is to always just dump her out in the middle of nowhere to Nosferatu-tank entire swathes of enemies endlessly. She's an absolute monster.
As for male, probably Atlas probably. Most of my other male units have been getting rng-screwed in some way or another to varying degrees, while Atlas has just been getting HP, Atk, and Spd points in pretty much every levelup at least. I promoted him as soon as possible into Merc so his speed was immediately fixed, now he's the fastest person in Celica's army aside from Mae, and he has by far the highest atk in either army, sitting somewhere around 22 without a weapon.
>>
>>378448390
lmao you have no fucking clue how promotion stats work
>>
Am I the only one where their Python is inferior to fucking Valbar?
>>
File: 1456466422128.jpg (33KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
1456466422128.jpg
33KB, 493x276px
>mfw Clive

Jesus Christ, I'm halfway through Chapter 4 and this nigger has a rating of 87, how the fuck does this weak ass bitch get to smash Matilda's high class pussy
>>
>>378444657
Or I could just like the characters. Conquest really wasn't too bad, and it's not like I was playing casual or, God forbid, Phoenix mode.
>>
>>378445116
>killed Jedah with Celica turn 1 (or 2/3 depending if she doesn't Crit)
Use invoke to handle adds.
>>
>>378448528
I do, I know they go to the base of the class dipshit. But if you're already above the base of ATK and SPD, may as well hope you get a little extra before you promote your units not like you lose anything anyways just by waiting to finish a dungeon before promoting.
Though I do agree, promote your Villagers ASAP.
>>
>>378434378
Why even make a tier list if you aren't even using the bottom two tiers?
>>
>>378448646
He was born a noble. I actually like him, story-wise. It's too bad his growths suck.
>>
>mfw yet another map theme and it's even greater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xx0o7Bcol4
If the map design was better I'd seriously say that this is my top FE.
>>
>>378448307
>Acting like these aren't valid arguments

>>378447928

Go play Radiant Dawn and tell me the differences between Echoes' maps and Radiant Dawn's maps.
>>
>>378448618
My Python has bad hit and rarely doubles. His defense isn't too high either so he could get raped if I'm not careful.
At least I can depend on Valbar to take a hit and deal a lot of damage in return, he can even survive one witch attack.
>>
Just beat Duma Berkut. Is this the final dungeon then? Am I reaching endgame? I thought there was an Act 6, but this really feels like I'm nearing the final boss.
>>
>>378448783
>But if you're already above the base of ATK and SPD, may as well hope you get a little extra before you promote your units not like you lose anything anyways just by waiting to finish a dungeon before promoting.
you're not gaining anything either, that's the point dipshit. You have an equal chance of getting those levelups after promotion as you do before promotion, except if you promote early your low stats will get bumped up earlier and those levelups have a smaller chance of being wasted.

If you're not near a Mila statue and you don't feel like backtracking to promote, fine, do whatever you want. But there is objectively no point in promoting late if you do not plan on grinding.
>>
File: 1458031446682.png (177KB, 277x370px) Image search: [Google]
1458031446682.png
177KB, 277x370px
>that Alm map with the open field and cavaliers and Paladin boss
>that fucker crits Tobin with with a 1% chance TWICE
>>
>>378449079
Act 6 is postgame.
>>
File: 1419220045258.jpg (39KB, 406x700px) Image search: [Google]
1419220045258.jpg
39KB, 406x700px
when its alm on his own and this theme kicks in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMADZ6Rm_s
>>
>People praise Alm character and his side of story
>Just can't force myself to like it because farmer boy who hates nobles becoming leader of rebellion and fights against evil empire feels almost as bad as RD and Fates story
>Celica's side despite her being naive cunt feels so much better, I always play her first
>>
>>378448127
Kilff can be anything (I recommend Mage although.). Faye is best as a Cleric imo. Tobin should be an Archer, Gray should be a Mercenary. Atlas should is best as a Mercenary but can work as an Archer as well.
>>
>>378448390
Gonna explain it to you, OK? All promoted classes have baseline stats. If you are below these stats, your stats get set to those upon promotion. If they are at/above those base stats, nothing happens to them. So, by waiting to promote, you're not getting those free promotion stats, also not getting the promoted class growths, and any levels in that promoted class will now take more kills to get. You're throwing away free stats, which is why the other guy is annoyed with you.
>>
>>378448980
Telling me to play another game doesn't answer the question. If you know about good map design you should be able to tell me.
>>
>>378449129
There is a point as there is limited level ups (Unless you do the exploit on the merc line.) plus its advantages as it helps NOW. Like I said, you're literally missing out on nothing and your Dread fighters won't be hitting level 20 anyways on your way to Duma.
>>
>finish act 3
>forced promote

Hmm...I've always brought them up to lvl20, even in awakening and fates where it wasn't necessary. Not sure if I should grind celica a bit(4 levels) or just break my habit.
>>
>always skip enemy turns and have animations turned off
>have no idea how I keep criting niggers left and right
>>
>>378449263
>peasant boy who hates nobles
So not Alm, then? Where would you get the idea that he hates nobles?
>>
File: just.jpg (481KB, 2200x600px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
481KB, 2200x600px
>>378448646
>BOTH his waifus outclass him
Come on, get a grip, man.
>>
>>378449302
Okay so then what is every stat is above the Base then asshat. And who cares? The most important stat anyways is ATK and SPD and you're almost always above the base anyways.
>>
>>378449378
She gets Ragnarok if she hits level 20.
>>
File: Crit waifu.png (35KB, 165x209px) Image search: [Google]
Crit waifu.png
35KB, 165x209px
>>378449382
I think I might have an idea
>>
>>378449363
>There is a point as there is limited level ups
this makes no fucking sense. Limited level ups is an argument for ASAP promotion. The only time promoting late is good is you're going to grind for maxed units, in which case XP is no longer limited.

>plus its advantages as it helps NOW
again this makes no fucking sense. Promoting early helps NOW since it gives your unit immediate stat boosts and class bonuses. What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>378449546
You have literally no argument and now you're just insulting people.
>>
>>378449645
>she asks anon to watch her go
>he keeps skipping her killing stuff
>>
>>378449263
>who hates nobles
What? Are we playing the same game?
He clearly doesn't hate them and states that he doesn't diffirentiate between people only because of their birthright.
>>
>>378449735
Because ATK and SPD are life, get as much as you can.
Promote after a dungone ladies and gents as it doesn't matter and you want that atk and speed.
>>
File: 1483279202256.png (309KB, 420x395px) Image search: [Google]
1483279202256.png
309KB, 420x395px
>tfw cheesed the dracoshield in chapter 1 hard mode without grinding
Does this thing break the game or what?
>>
File: 1491352695706.png (49KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491352695706.png
49KB, 256x256px
*teleports behind u*
>>
>>378449263
>farmer boy who hates nobles
so.. you haven't played the game and you are just shitposting
>>
>>378450029
ded
>>
>>378447072
Degeneracy does that to people I guess.
>>
>>378450029
>does 10 damage
>>
>>378450029
>moves 1 space and doesn't attack anyone
>>
>>378449909
>it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter only if your stats are above the bases already. But if you have any other stats below base - which you likely will - then you promote ASAP for those gains. You have literally nothing to gain from late promotions. That's the entire fucking point. God you're fucking stupid, just admit you planned your units suboptimally, not like it fucking matters since the entire game is easy as shit
>>
>>378449587
Thanks, I guess I'll grind a bit before finishing ch3.
>>
File: Luthier_Echoes_Portrait.png (45KB, 192x247px) Image search: [Google]
Luthier_Echoes_Portrait.png
45KB, 192x247px
Was it autism?
>>
>>378450029
It's ironic that Conquest managed to do Witches better than Echoes/Gaiden, the game that originally featured them.
>>
>>378449182
Well shit, guess it really is a kinda short game. Still, lots of replayability for me.
>>
File: Dread_Fighter_Echoes.png (227KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Dread_Fighter_Echoes.png
227KB, 512x512px
>>378450029
pssh
nothin personnel kid
>>
>>378448876
It's up there as one of my favorites (not my absolute favorite though). I agree the map design is not up to the top, but otherwise, this is almost exactly what I was hoping they would do for the next FE game, plus dungeon crawling.
>>
>>378449973
How the fuck do you get it without taking down Slayde so Desaix doesn't pussy out?
>>
>>378450029
*has a retarded AI and moves regularly*
>>
>>378450310
now this guy is a pain in the ass, enought hp to survive hits, fast as fuck you can't double him and will evade attacks while having a respetable 7 movement
>>
>>378450029
They're only annoying when they teleport into terrain. Which is like 90 percent of the time.
>>
>>378450310
Why do half of the enemy units look scared?
>>
File: constanze_gun.png (103KB, 230x343px) Image search: [Google]
constanze_gun.png
103KB, 230x343px
>people actually enjoy the dungeon crawling with its godawful controls, bland environments, extremely simple dungeon design, and repetitive as fuck random encounters
>>
>>378449645
>Sorry! Not sorry!
I love Delthea.
>>
>>378450389
If you kill any of the walled units and retreat, they don't respawn. Instead the game pushes forward the other units from the back into their place. If you keep repeating this, slayde will eventually spawn on top of the wall and won't move if you leave him alone. Then you just gang bang Desaix 1 damage at a time
>>
>>378450389
Iirc there's a wall you can abuse with Claire by flying back and fourth over so he just runs back and fourth forever.
>>
Does attacking Sonya's sisters with her have any special dialogue?
>>
File: 1483031576137.jpg (51KB, 501x382px) Image search: [Google]
1483031576137.jpg
51KB, 501x382px
>>378450671
>the running controls

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>378450029
They always target the units at the back which in my case are the healers who have amazing RES, so the witchbitches don't do any damage anyway. Then I just finish them off with the nearest mage of archer.

It's a nice idea for a threat, but who the fuck lets low-RES knights behind anyway, they belong on the frontlines while healers stay safely back from enemy archers and heal with Physic.
>>
>>378450671
Dunno what you mean bro, I found it enjoyable. Sure it's no masterpiece as far as dungeon crawling goes, but I liked that it was there and enjoyed most of the areas.
>>
>>378449517
>Clive's RES of 1
Holy shit. I got kinda lucky.
But your Mathilda's DEF isn't shit, so I think you got luckier.
>>
SoV is the first FE I beat since AS. I tried Awakening but was turned off by the waifu and kids system making me have to make spreadsheets just to play the game.

Can I play Conquest without caring for kids or waifu if I just want to play a solid main game? I heard it had good maps. What about the third route?
>>
File: 3ds-circlepadpro-empty-480x320.png (115KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
3ds-circlepadpro-empty-480x320.png
115KB, 480x320px
>>378450671
>god awful controls
Not if you have a CPP
>>
>>378450968
Sacred Stone*
>>
>>378450671
>>378450875
They're not used to designing 3D roaming and dungeons, all they've done is strategy games, give them some slack.
>>
>>378450968
>third route
Some intresting stuff like moving platforms, but most of the intresting stuff is in Conquest.
>>
>>378450968
Awakening is so easy that you don't even need the children to win.

Children aren't required either in Conquest, but you'll be missing out on easy EXP.

>What about the third route?
Revelations is fucking trash because it has solid map design completely ruined by really awful gimmicks that does nothing other than slowdown everything.
>>
>>378448618
Valbara's the GOAT though.
>>
>>378450980
>cpp
Huh? c-stick on n3ds does nothing.
>>
File: 1451832919160.png (909KB, 587x878px) Image search: [Google]
1451832919160.png
909KB, 587x878px
>>378450968
>Can I play Conquest without caring for kids or waifu if I just want to play a solid main game?
You can ignore it but some of the child paralogues have important resources namely Odin's kid's. The 2nd gen units aren't as outlandishly better than the 1st gen in Fates.

>What about the third route?
Pic related.
>>
>>378450968
Game-play wise Conquest is the best in the series. It's hard as fuck though, prepare to get your asshole rent asunder. Going from Echoes to Conquest is like going from tic tac to to fourth-dimensional chess against Garry Kasparov.
>>
>>378451357
Camera Controls.
>>
>>378451428
Yeah, that's why I'm suprised that c-stick doesn't work for camera.
>>
>>378451425
Conquest isn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be (although it is fairly difficult), and isn't the hardest in the series. Hardest I'd say is Radiant Dawn.
No FE games are really the epitome of grid based strategy challenge though.
>>
>>378451512
It does though, do you have it disabled or something?
>>
Imagine a SS remake. Imagine Joshua vs Caellach, imagine Valter. Imagine full voice acting. God I'm drooling. Hope they put in a Lunatic mode though, as amazing a game SS was, it was really too easy.
>>
File: 1494179890115.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494179890115.gif
88KB, 457x402px
>>378450671
>Going through the dungeon where the Deliverance hideout is to promote
>Gone through it a few times so I memorized where the enemies are
>Suddenly a giant terror appears out of nowhere
>Run away
What the hell was that?
>>
>>378451512
But it does on mine.
>>
>>378451668
Rare spawn
>>
>>378451597
Nah I've played both and Conquest is way harder than RD.
>>
>>378451078
It doesn't take a master game designer to not reduce turning speed to like a quarter of what it is normally when you run
>>
>>378451597
>Hardest I'd say is Radiant Dawn
My sides
It's easy as fuck because you only need to position your units and enemy just kills himself
Fucking tellius newfags
>>
>>378451746
Not in the slightest. Conquest is hard but fair most of the time. Radiant Dawn is incredibly likely to fuck over the player at any given time and forced the player to use specific groups of units.
>>378451829
t. only played on easy
Conquest wasn't that hard except for a few maps.
>>
>>378432919

I'm act Act IV now, I think it's pretty fun, it's got a lot of problems but they don't annoy me as much as Awakening and Fates'. It's kinda reminding me of how I felt about Radiant Dawn, it's a flowed but still very fun experience. Alm's route seems to have a better story and villains but I like the characters in Celica's army more than Alm's.
>>
>>378450875
There is nothing wrong with trading turning radius for speed.
>>
>tfw my bow knight tobin has become goat
>dodges almost everything
>mages can't even touch him
>doubles and crits like nobody's business from 50 miles away
I can't believe you niggers counted Tobin out.
>>
>>378451716
>>378451625
>disabled
How the fuck would I even do that? I remember REvelations having an option in controls, but everywhere else (like in Xenoblade) it seems on by default. There's nothing in options as well.,
>>
>>378451652
Imagine finally knowing how all those names are pronounced.
>Duessell
>Riev
>Caellach
>Renais
>Renais
>Jehanna
>Carcino

I mean, if you know a bit of French you should have a rough idea how to pronounce most names of characters and countries in Sacred Stones but I remember a lot of people thinking L'arachel was pronounced "La-ray-tjell".
>>
>>378433179
>Kamui and Saber suck
This is a new brand of faggot right here.
>>
>>378451829
I suppose you played on "normal" and used mostly armored units then. You can do the same thing in Conquest, only the infamous Takumi stage and the area with a shitload of ninjas were unreasonably hard.
>>
>>378452047
Alm's got nothing on him
>>
>>378452070
Check the 3DS settings. The option to enable it might be there. Or maybe your C-Stick doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>378452074
Isn't it La-ra-shel?
>>
Got to chapter 6 Boat 3 and I gave up

It became a power check and no strategy.
>>
>>378451829
RD Hard Mode is quite hard if you want to keep everyone alive. Can take quite a few re-do's on certain chapters. Unless you're a fag who uses Vailah and the Black Knight whenever available.
>>
>>378452025
*flawed
>>
>>378450896
The knights have low movement so the usually end up in the back naturally early in bigger maps. And almost every unit in the game has shit res so any time you retreat one from the front lines they're still in danger.
>>
>>378450875
Tell me anon, can you easily change directions running at full speed? you can't slow down.
>>
>>378452047

I remember I keep hering about how Python ends up being a better archer than him but I just can't see it with how things have been working out in my game.
>>
>>378452191
honestly fuga's will ride and the chapter before that were harder than the ninja rape cave and takumi's great wall
>>
>>378451746
>>378451829
Really? The units seemed a lot stronger on Conquest to me.
As far as the 3DS, GC, and Wii titles go in difficulty, I'd say
RD>CQ>A>RV>BR>PoR
RV only there because of tedious gimmicks.
>>
>>378446898
>>378447205
>worst final map in the series
Honestly it's one of the best since it's an actual map instead of just some square where you send your most powerful units with S Rank weapons to kill the boss in 1 turn. Just like Genealogy's and PoR's final maps are the best because they are actually fully fleshed out maps.

The only game that did the "final boss in the center, go kill it" right is RD because Ashera was super heavily protected and actually required effort to kill.
>>
>>378452215
Exactly that. But I know loads of people pronounced it like the English name Rachel.
For some reason, Sacred Stones has a lot of French influences in the naming of its characters and countries. Hell, the "main villain" is named after one of the biggest cities in France.
>>
>>378450235
it was EASY PICKINGS
>>
File: 1395673857470.jpg (310KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1395673857470.jpg
310KB, 1280x1556px
>>378451668
>see an enemy and attack it to get an advantage
>just before I hit it with my sword, suddenly a giant terror and another enemy appear from the right side
>>
Why is Celica so shit? She keeps dying in Duma tower and making me start over from ground zero. The Pegasus sisters don't even cause me that much trouble.
>>
>>378452443

I thought FE7's and FE8's final maps were pretty good too.
>>
File: Delthea_Brainwashed_Echoes.png (178KB, 512x474px) Image search: [Google]
Delthea_Brainwashed_Echoes.png
178KB, 512x474px
Delthea is bae.
>>
>>378433856
>you will never be her cocksure brown shota
>>
>That drifting spin Dread Fighters do as they finish their crits

WHY ARE THEY SO AESTHETIC
>>
>>378452276
Never had that problem. If you have trouble keeping your knights safe, position them further up the map before starting the map, then keep them around the frontlines. Then keep a mage/cleric or two at the back. Witches have never given me trouble.

Then again, I'm on Normal Classic, but when I beat the game sometime tomorrow I'll do a Hard Classic run and see what happens.
>>
>>378452603
The first part of FE7's final map is really cool, the part with the Fire Dragon is kind of boring in comparison to the first part though.

And FE8's is way too easy, the Demon King is a fucking joke.
>>
>>378452634
Yes she is.
>>
>>378450389
You can manipulate it so Slayde runs back into the room for heals, with Desaix in the chokepoint. I warped a unit there to tank Slayde and prevent Desaix from running away. Slayde would get a hit in and then run off when his HP went down.
>>
>>378452389
Fuga's wild ride was not actually that hard. It's very easy to utilize the wind to your own advantage and isolate or choke weaker enemies, or to jump right behind enemies and ambush them. The difficulty was more that people failed to pay attention to the wind elements and position their units properly. I actually managed to find it much easier to not bring the maximum amount of units, as it made it easy to clog with too many.
>>
>>378452663
Man, /v/ was right about them being BEST CLASS. I love them.
>>
>>378437045
He's a product of the emperor's machinations. Blame rudolf
>>
File: 1474578690945.jpg (86KB, 864x508px) Image search: [Google]
1474578690945.jpg
86KB, 864x508px
>>378432919
>How are you enjoying the game so far? Do you like it?
I'm enjoying it. Would prefer a little more map variety but whatever

>Who's your best male unit and who's your best female unit at the moment?

On Celica's side my girls are shit but the best is probably Mae, if not Celica herself. Saber is my best guy because despite getting a bit str screwed he somehow has more def than fucking Valbar so he just facetanks and kills shit with Brave Sword crits.

Alm's side, Delthea is a menace and wont stop being a menace. Despite Tobin's terrible speed growth, he decided that he must go fast so he's an absolute monster bow knight

>mfw he just unlocked Hunter's Volley from the killer bow
That skill is beyond broken holy fuck

Honorable mention to Mathilda, Clive is a shitter and doesnt deserve her.
>>
>>378452634
I want her to step on my dick
>>
My Leon was blessed by RNG and became a demon. Even on hard mode he could kill any unit aside from Thabes red dragons/armor knights in one round and had the defense of a Baron to choke points. Absolute madman, wouldn't have gotten through the postgame without him.

Best female unit was Delthea with that +range ring, if only for nuking the few units Leon couldn't murder alone.
>>
>>378452634
Even more spoiled than Clair.
>>
>>378452723

I'd really like a remake of FE8 with it having some harder difficulty options.
>>
>>378432919
>last battle
>expect to lose half of my army
>boss heals every turn
>nobody dies
>start feeling bored after spending such ridiculous time in that fight
>suddenly crit
>boss dies
>game over
i feel so bad, considering it was my first playthrough and hard/classic
>>
File: FE6_Myrmidon_Critical.gif (220KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
FE6_Myrmidon_Critical.gif
220KB, 240x160px
>>378452663
the animations this time were nice, dread fighter crits reminded me of the old myrm crit.

kinda miss some of fates animations like the dual wielding swordmasters or ryoma's kick critical, which barons have but just doesn't feel the same
>>
>>378452561
Most of Celica's team is shit. All the mages end up being shit too.

It's dread fighters and the pegasus sisters as the only good units.

Leon sucks at archery and he's the only archer unit. Celica sucks. Baron class is a rather unusable class as it has NO movement and movement is MANDATORY for her maps.
>>
File: 1453716918086.jpg (98KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
1453716918086.jpg
98KB, 480x472px
>hard
>made Tobin a cav not knowing that I'd get that much more mounts
>didn't make Faye a cleric
>Kliff is an archer that can't hit dick
>act 3 and don't want to restart
I fucked up.
>>
File: 053.png (300KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
053.png
300KB, 764x1200px
>Tobin crits the fuck out of that medusa hoe
>enemy dread fighters come after Alm and kill him off
>can't even use turnwheel
>>
>>378452443
>tfw she activates a magic nuke and wipes out half your units.
I remember when someone on here played so poorly they actually made Ashera unwinnable.
>>
Should I turn my shadow sword into a brave sword?
>>
>>378452910
Mathilda > Clive
It's actually a big gap. Also I hate their supports. Tatiana and Zeke's love romance feels just so much better.
>>
>>378452443
Nah, Ashera sucked because her stupid Counter gimmicks were annoying.

The best endgame map is actually the Heirs of Fate DLC from Fates. You get an absolute truckload of units, every child unit, the most amount of units you've ever played with, but the enemy is equally difficulty. You gotta fight through your overleveled parents to kill Anankos's arms, while reinforcements are constantly warping in, in order to make his heart vulnerable. Then once you do that, you gotta get BACK to the starting area to activate two dragon veins that actually allow your units to fight the heart without getting assraped. Oh, and the rest of the fathers warp in to protect the dragon veins. And once you kill the heart, you gotta fight his human form. It's a 4-stage boss battle.

Oh, and it's set to one of the best endgame OSTs ever.

Heirs of Fate was fucking 10/10
>>
>>378453071
It's a good question. I kept it as a shadow sword and I love how it heals. No negative effect if you have a dread fighter hold it.
>>
>>378453041
>not seeing the burn marks Kliff left on the mouse
>not seeing the stray arrows left by Tobin
I feel your pain with Faye though. Claire jobs enough by herself, I don't need an extra pegasus.
>>
>>378453210
Shame it's a dlc most people haven't bothered to play.
Also it's not a "final map," it's an extra map. Doesn't fit the same criteria.
>>
the art was a huge step up from Fates/Awakening and the psuedo-3D art they had. I really hope Hidari does more art for FE games he was very good in this one.

the writing was also great, characters had a lot of depth (but then again the shit I just took had better writing than Fates did). usually in FE games i would pick units based on stats or looks. in this game i actually picked characters i genuinely cared about, such as Lukas. average stats and a knight/baron, would have never used him in a normal party but he was such a bro i had no choice
>>
>>378453313
I saw them but forgot who made them when I was at the temple.
>>
File: 1494107030950.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494107030950.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>>378453210
>Oh, and it's set to one of the best endgame OSTs ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXwp9iPq7g

>mfw
So fucking good
>>
>>378453071
yes. Shadow sword sucks, brave sword is the best sword in the game
>>
File: 1491437095338.jpg (323KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1491437095338.jpg
323KB, 992x1403px
>>378453313
I made her a pegacuck to continue the proud tradition
>>
>>378453356
It's the final map in a 6-part DLC storyline, that's final map to me
>>
>>378452713
Im playing on Hard classic so Forsyth comes a little too weak for the front lines and needs to be fed kills to get that sweet knight base HP and alms only squishy with good res is Silque so everyone else in the back is in danger of losing 3/4 of their health with no way of stopping it.
>>
>>378453415
Any use of gold marks besides upgrading weapons?
>>378453620
>using Forsyth
I forgot he even exists.
>>
>>378453210
>final maps in the series
>posts a DLC map from a completely separate standalone set that doesn't factor into the maingame
I mean, yeah, the map was godly, but it wasn't a final boss map for Fates, those would be Takumi, the Anankos dragon battle, and Garon (dragon). It was an extra dlc map, like the paralogues and beach shit. You could play it without playing any of the previous maps in the dlc series or progressing, so it's a standalone DLC. Thus not a final map.
>>
>>378453705
My Forsyth's a fucking beast man. Gets double hits, as well as having pretty good res. Beats Lukas in every aspect. Also helps that him and Python are best boys. Just slap a Ridersbane on him and watch him go
>>
>>378445116
Witches are only scary if you're still dragging along the low res units you don't use. Otherwise they're annoying flies to be swatted at leisure.
>>
>>378453594
Well to you I suppose, but it's not for Fates. It's a dlc map for an extraneous storyline and you don't need to play any of the other 5 parts to play it.
>>
File: IMG_4374.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4374.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How did Mathilda ever fall in love with Clive? The guy is fucking trash.

Also, is Tobin here forming up to be a good unit? He's been pretty solid from the get go, but now he's killing it. No pun intended.
>>
>>378453705
nope, gold and silver are only used to upgrade weapons. There's no shops
>>
>>378446372
she searches for a cure*
rumors fly that she might have become a witch*
>>
>>378452634
>she see's your dick
>>
>>378453929
Good. That's all I really plan to use it for.
>>378453857
You're lucky. I dislike him personally and unit wise. Lukas is bro enough and strong enough. I thought I'd replace Tobin with Python but surprisingly I kept them both in.
>>
>>378453313
Those are just there to trick you into making Tobin and Kliff something other than Mercs. Just make Gray your mage since he takes of more damge with Fire than the other two do with their mid rank spells and pump him full of speed from the first fountain so he can double and one round most everything in the early game.
>>
>>378453210
Ashera was fine, it gave you a reason to use nihil units and manage HP and damage output, plus giving you a reason to make haste, before she rips you apart with her field smashing bombs. The only shitty thing gameplay wise (but fine storywise) was Ike had to finish her.
Heirs of Fate was great (better than the revelations path it was to be related to). I wish they would do more grand scale battles like that.
>>
>>378454102
>"only 9 inches? anon you sucks!"
>>
>>378453142
I just dont like Clive, both as a person and as a unit. As a person he's just kind of a fag. As a unit he's easily the worst on Alm's route by a margin that isnt even fair. Even Luthier can do shit because lolExcalibur and at worst he can heal. Clive cant do shit because he is shit. Its even shown how much of a shitter Clive is compared to Mathilda in their endings if one dies but not the other

>Mathilda dies: Clive becomes more of a bitch, tries to lead the Knights but ends up getting killed by some scrub pirates because he's so shit
>Clive dies: Mathilda uses his death to harden her resolve or something, leads the knights and is heralded as awesome forever

Seriously, fuck Clive
>>
>>378453373
Hidari is god-tier in general
>>
>>378446898
The final map was fucking great. Smuggling units by jedah to get them in position, planning to kill the witches and that asshole with medusa without leaving anyone too weak to survive a potential Duma attack, waiting for your opportunity to do so between eyeball rape squad spawns, it's probably one of the most distinctive and tactically challenging final maps in the series
>>
>>378454263
>it gave you a reason to use nihil
The Tower was Nihil units the Endgame
>>
>>378454276
I agree with everything.
>>
>>378448127
Literally all of them to mage
>>
>>378454370
I killed the witches and the medusa guy by having Silque warp Alm in, having him kill one of them, and them having Faye rescue him.
>>
>>378434004
Holy fucking shit
>>
>>378454437
Fair enough. Nihil is always good actually, I don't know why I put "reason to use it." You should always fucking use it.
You do have to gauge HP though, since there isn't enough Nihil to go around.
>>
>>378449645
fuck you you spic who is migo and why am I watching them
>>
>>378454217
Archers are just super efficient in this game. They aren't super strong but thwy get so many free attacks off that they speed things up a lit.
>>
>>378454437

Parity also works.

Just saying.
>>
>>378454628
I know. On Alm's side, my archers do good work. Leon is just a shitty archer. It's not like he's underleveled even. He does plenty of work because he has range but he just sucks.
>>
>>378454681
almost forgot actually
Theres what two of those? You get a few more nihils but I think I threw those on Shinion or something
>>
>>378454681
Parity also tends to be better unless you're abusing blood tide because it negates their cover/wardwood.
>>
File: 1494477586007.jpg (46KB, 225x216px) Image search: [Google]
1494477586007.jpg
46KB, 225x216px
>Saber's eyepatch randomly disappears from his character model every once in a while.
>>
>>378452074
stand aside
>doosel
>reeeeee-ehv
>Kai-lack
>ren-ai-es
>je-ha-na (seriously this one you can just sound out)
>Kar-see-no
>>
>>378454821
stupid ariannaposter
>>
>>378454821
I'm more amazed that he is my only unit who has constant 100 for Hit despite having 1 eye. Does Skill increase Hit chance? His weapon is 70 Hit iirc.
>>
>>378454821
sometimes attacks remove headgear

in Sabers case it removes the eyepatch
>>
>>378454732
Leon is superior to Python though.
>>
>>378455021
I'm uncertain about that. And I remember others also claiming Leon worst archer in game.
>>
>>378454732

My Leon turned out to be one of my better units on Celica's side, I actually really like him.
>>
>>378452561
>>378453029
I don't know what cursed copies you got. Celica turned out to have a far higher stat total than alm even like 10 levels below him, and she gets magic, too, so she can actually reliably one round everything. Her units are fucking murder fiends, too; Mae is the best mage in the game after Delthea, and boey with a shield is a phenomenal mixed tank, the army getting gets a shitload of mercenaries to become dread fighters, including saber and jesse; Genny gets invocation really fucking early which turns a lot of fights into jokes, not to mention expel

Alm's army, on the other hand, is kind of shit until you get mathilda and delthea
>>
>>378454732
Leons damage is a little lacking but his skill is good for consistently hitting even enemies in terrain. Python is the best archer but his hitrate can let you down when you really need it.
>>
How would this game be as babby's first fire emblem?
>>
>>378455421
It's very atypical of the series, but you'd probably enjoy it on its own. Expect to do a lot of relearning if you go into the other games after it.
>>
>>378455421
Pretty good actually, just play on Normal
>>
>>378454503
I made faye a mage and sure as fuck didn't bother with atlas so I didn't have rescue. it would have probably made it simpler
>>
>>378455421
It's too different from everything else.
>>
>>378455421
Might be a turn off with some of those maps honestly...
>>
File: pressmyballs.jpg (113KB, 720x1017px) Image search: [Google]
pressmyballs.jpg
113KB, 720x1017px
>alm's army
>>
>>378455563
Atlas is an amazing unit. I was hesistant about him but decided to make him cavalier. He mobs the floor with most.
>>
>>378435101
this is 4chan now
>>
>>378452224
Easiest way to cheese that map is to bring Delthea and hope for a crit on one dragon and have Celica and Alm use their exclusive arts on the others. Have a warp and rescue user on standby in case you don't one round them or have Faye with Again. Once the fucking dragons are gone the rest should be manageable. Just make sure that the rest of your units are doing fine and watch for reinforcements and positioning.
>>
File: kyouko_whatever.png (254KB, 2396x1616px) Image search: [Google]
kyouko_whatever.png
254KB, 2396x1616px
>>378452224
>not abusing killer bows
>not abusing brave swords
>not abusing mage rings
>not abusing Genny invoke tanking

Entire postgame can be beaten with 0 DLC and 0 grind, you're frankly just bad at the game
>>
File: 1496032765100.png (174KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496032765100.png
174KB, 400x300px
>>378455328
>"boey with a shield is a phenomenal mixed tank"
>realising my Boey has been carrying leftover bread the entire game
>>
My best male unit is probably Alm. My best female unit is definitely Delthea, the little tyke destroys everything she touches.
>>
>>378455706
I was already very comfortable with the units I had, I just didn't feel like dealing with another level 1 unit, especially one that was a total cunt about me making a quick detour to actually promote him.

>>378456103
my faye was carrying a carrot until like duma temple

she was still a murder fiend
>>
You can't get both Deen and Sonya, right?
Now picking which one to fight
>>
>>378432919
>How are you enjoying it so far? Do you like it?
Pretty fun desu, but the turnwheel makes the game far too easy outside of dungeons.
>Best male unit
Tie between Kamui and Saber
>Best female unit
Mae is about on par with Genny for me, but Cleric!Faye is turning out to be the biggest female powerhouse.
>>
>>378455421
There's a lot of freedom because of the villagers and world map and there are a lot of forgiving mechanics like milas turnwheel and the ability to grind if you really fuck up.
>>
>>378456309
Whichever one you don't fight is the one you get.
>>
>>378456309
Yes, you recruit the one you DON'T fight
>>
>>378454861
Good work. Except:
>ren-ai-es
It's "ruh-neigh".
And "doo-essl"
>>
File: 1437616023189.png (7KB, 124x149px) Image search: [Google]
1437616023189.png
7KB, 124x149px
>Archer Atlas nuking everything from a distance with Heavy Draw.
>>
>>378452321
No, you can't.
>>
>>378456309
>ruh-neigh
I played the game for the first time when I was a kid who didn't have an inklling of how the cheese-eating frogs pronounce -ais, it's too burned into my head to change it now

>doo-essl

incorrect
>>
>>378456637
>tfw mine would literally only gain atk and maybe hp for 10 levels so he couldnt hit shit

Made him a merc on another file and havent looked back. Dude can fucking wreck shit as long as he can actually hit the damn target. Might put him into archer once I take him through Dread Fighter though.
>>
>>378455123
Leon
>BK 1
>17+6 ATK
>13 SKL
>13-2 SPD
>7 LCK
>10 DEF
>3 RES

Python
>Sniper 4
>13+4 ATK
>7 SKL
>9-2 SPD
>3 LCK
>6 DEF
>5 RES

Tobin
>Sniper 8
>14+6 ATK
>14 SKL
>10-3 SPD
>7 LCK
>10 DEF
>4 RES

Python is my worst Archer right now.
>>
I'M READY TO ROLL
>>
>>378452443
>actual map

An actual shit map containing some of the worst things about Echoes.
>>
>>378457085
Like what?
>>
>>378456857
Kek
>BK1 vs Sniper 4
I wonder why.
>>
File: 1413765284502.png (270KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1413765284502.png
270KB, 500x720px
>hexlock shield on a beefy unit vs Duma
>>
>>378454370
Nope. Just annoying summoning spam and terrain to waste the player's time.
>>
>>378456857
Python does get better, but he definitely takes time to get there so it feels very not worth it while you do it. Gluing him to Forsyth for the support buffs help a lot.
>>
File: 62855420_p0.jpg (396KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
62855420_p0.jpg
396KB, 600x600px
>>
>>378434004
Echoesfags will cream their pants over anything and overreact to anything.
>>
I just got the message "the turnwheel makes an odd sound" in the middle of the Duma battle. What does it mean?
>>
>>378457229
It's at the same point in the story. The only of them that got babied at all was Python.
>>
>>378457665
This. The game is a solid 7/10. It has some obvious and serious flaws. It's decent but not the second coming of Christ.
>>
>>378457709
You took too long and broke it. Don't fuck up your next moves.
>>
>>378457574
>wahh I can't rush down the final boss with my overpowered Avatar who I grinded for one gorillion hours and kill him in one turn
>>
>>378457738
I mean, if you raise them all to Bow Knight 1, you'll see better stats.
>>
>>378457663
>Mae ends up with Boey and Clair ends up with Grey when Celica/Mae and Alm/Clair would have been infintely better
I hate it.
>>
>>378457665
The ost is excellent though, I don't see how that has to do with the quality of the gameplay. FE has a ton of excellent music in general.
>>
>>378457802
Noice
>>
>>378457914
>celica/mae

yurifags get out
>>
>>378457854
>I like defending shit design

There was no need to tell me this. All Echoesfags are like this.
>>
>>378457914

Deltheax Me > MaexBoey > ClairxAlm > TatianaxZeke> FayexAlm > CelicaxAlm > MathildaxClive > ClairxClive > ClairxGrey

Seriously bitch? CLAIR AND GREY? i don't dislike Grey but he doesn't deserve shit.
>>
>>378434004
Echoes and Fates are honestly the only FE games with memorable music. I just wish that Echoes used the dynamic music system.
>>
>>378458139
>Clair: Oh, he likes Celica. Ok Grey, I'll date you
>Grey: So I'm the backup
>Clair: Give me time to think (but yes)
>>
How the fuck do I kill Jedah?
>>
>>378458115
Honestly, you don't have to say any more. We all know you prefer maps you can do a braindead rush in one turn. What's puzzling is why you're bitching about it in an echoes thread and not shitposting about your waifu in /feg/.
>>
File: grey fire emblem.jpg (23KB, 392x417px) Image search: [Google]
grey fire emblem.jpg
23KB, 392x417px
My mercenary Grey can't seem to take more than two hits. Did I just get shit tier level ups or was I supposed to make him a mage?
>>
>>378458296
Throw three people who can survive getting hit at him first, then kill him with the fourth.
>>
>>378452473
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>378433856
I will never understand why I like her voice. It sounds so hoarse and raspy but there's just something about it that's so "fun" or something.
>>
>>378458317
>Implying Echoes' maps require brainpower
>>
>>378458261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6VN6AOo9U&index=5&list=PL5iZYjV4bjNcpy6tIn3XGBKJeugtd45bn

I like this from Awakening. It feels great.

And this is just cute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQel47JNqo

Man, /v/ has shit taste. Awakening was loads of fun. It wasn't even my first Fire Emblem but I will always love it.
It WAS easy as fuck though but I'll forgive it.
>>
>>378458296
Attack with fodder 3 times, attack with extreme prejudice for the 4th. Recommended would be banking on a Ragnarok crit off Celica, Hunter's Volley off a killer bow or Double Lion from Alm when on the Duma map.
>>
>>378458425
That's fucking retarded. Gaiden really is shit.
>>
>>378434004
Reminded me of the final battle map fought at the Highland capital in Suikoden 2. Fuck that was hype.
>>
>>378458380
No, Mercenary is right. No idea why he is suffering. I never had trouble. Is he underleveled?
>>
>>378432919
delthea and mae are baes.
>>
>>378458425
>>378458556
It has to be done on the same turn I'm guessing?

Honestly, that's really stupid. Dude hits pretty hard.
>>
>>378458380
You are playing a remake of Gaiden.
>>
File: 20170529_152727[1].jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_152727[1].jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Is this always a thing or in just this chapter?
>>
File: 148393879574.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
148393879574.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>378458556
>>378458425
wait, his protection could be worn off?
>>
>>378458701
Not sure if its same turn or not, but I wouldnt take the chance.
>>
>>378458784
Always a thing.
>>
>>378445275
Turning the only person that trusts you no matter what into a fire spirit is disgusting. Fuck this piece of shit.
>>
>>378439116
Cleric.
Also lets you have a healer healing healer healing healer healing healer scenario right after you get Silque
>>
>>378458854
There was a guy in the Sage's Hamlet who tells you this.
>>
>>378458854
Have you not talked to the man in the sage's hamlet? He tell you abou numbers 4, 8, 12 which signify attacks that can hit him.
>>
>>378458784
I don't get how you people get these popups. I never see it. How often do you use the turnwheel?
>>
>>378449202
I'm not ready for this.
>>
Fernand did nothing wrong.
>>
>>378458513
I like the music in Awakening but it didn't really stick with me after I finished the game like Fates and Echoes. The DLC tracks were fantastic though.
>>
>>378439116
I'm the only one what promotes her in a cavalier, and SHE IS AMAZING
>>
>>378459441
I really should hunt down the Fates OST.
>>378459503
She's amazing as everything. I did Pegasus Knight just to spite /v/ and she's great.
Clair is still probably best pegasus knight ever but still.
>>
>>378459503
>I'm the only one what promotes her in a cavalier
That's because you get more than enough cavs in Alm's army, and making her a Cleric gives you Physic, Rescue, and Anew.
>>
File: 1495648807155.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495648807155.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
>>378459503
>Cavalier
>On Alm's route
Enjoy tour horse army
>>
File: IMG_8043.jpg (32KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8043.jpg
32KB, 320x251px
>>378439116
Got my Cleric Faye leveled up to the point where I turned her into a saint.

Even better? Still working on getting that Dracoshield though

>mfw Faye is a fucking beast now
>>
>not recruiting Faye in Celica's route

Are you guys retarded?
>>
File: 20170529_153755[1].jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_153755[1].jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>378459109
I haven't used it at all this battle. It's because it's been going for too long, which is true since I was trying to kill all the eye balls. Now to let Alm have his way with Duma.
>>
>>378459830
for what purpose
>>
>>378459830
Why the fuck would we?
>>
>>378459830
>leaving yandere close to mc's waifu
Are you?
>>
>>378459830
Alm has a much more desperate need for good units
>>
File: 1483441867533.png (3KB, 341x72px) Image search: [Google]
1483441867533.png
3KB, 341x72px
>>378451668
>Going back through the dragon shrine after looting the necrodragon's corpses
>Suddenly this HUGE ASS ARMOR NIGGA SPAWNS OUT OF NOWHERE
>Manage to not get hit from behind
>30 Def 12 Res
>45 Hp
>He's twice as big as anyone in the party

Thank fuck he was a Terror and I had Seraphim
>>
>>378459830
>tfw I did that by accident
Now Celica has two physic healers.
While it's funny to separate Faye from Alm, he really needs that physic.

>>378460041
>>378460080
To keep her from Alm of course and to be bossed around by his lover.
>>
>>378459830
I don't see why you'd ever need Faye on Celica's route. She has Genny for Cleric, three Pegasus Knights, a shitload of mages, and doesn't really need a Cav for early game and gets Conrad late game anyway.
>>
>>378460268
I've never heard of worse reasons. I like the Yandere around Alm.
>>
Any tips on how to kill Jedah at the end of act 4?
>>
I love it.
Even though they didn't fix much of Gaiden's issues, it's a great remake and I like the feeling I have playing it. A little bit of the pre-FEA feel but with some modern touches. The 3D is also excellent.
>>
File: 01.jpg (180KB, 766x650px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
180KB, 766x650px
>>378457914
>Making up a fake yuri pairing when there is a canon one
>>
>>378460608
tink him with an archer, then crit the shit out of him on the fourth hit.
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.