[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every game nowadays takes a day to download on my slow ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 4124600_orig.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
4124600_orig.png
188KB, 492x440px
>Every game nowadays takes a day to download on my slow ass internet
I miss the days of 8GB games. What the fuck are devs even using the space for? Crysis 3 is less than 10GB and looks better than most 50GB games.
>>
Get a job, stop living as a neet off your disappointed mother and pay for better internet.

The data caps are what piss me off, not the speed
>>
>>378431049
>complaining about vidya technology moving on with the times
Protip: internet connections are faster, too.
>>
Uncompress textures.
Uncompressed cutscenes.
I'm on pretty fast internet but it still bugs me when I download a 40-50 gig game when the size could be much more compressed than it is.
>>
>>378431049
>82gb install for DOOM

Hmm, looks like I have to decide which 2 modern games I want on my 250gb SSD.
>>
>>378431049
Usually the answer is "FMV", followed by "Sound", followed by "Textures". Stop buying story-heavy games.
>>
File: 6332574437.png (21KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
6332574437.png
21KB, 350x200px
>Being a bandwidthlet
>>
>>378431193
>vidya technology moving on with the times
KEK this is a good one
please anon AAA studios don't know shit about compression or optimization. not saying I could do a better job, but then it's not me job in the first place is it? bloat is a serious problem in the """""professional""""" game dev industry
>>
>Crysis 3 is less than 10GB
14 GB actually, but yea, I get your point.
>>
>>378431150
>Implying everywhere has good internet to buy in the first place
>>
>Faster internet on my phone than my phone connection
JUST
>>
>>378432890
home connection*
>>
>Hollow Knight is 8.8 GB
>A fucking 2D metroidvania game
>8.8 GB
Shit makes no sense. Seriously, Cities Skyline, the much more complex 3D game with more features, with all DLCs is 6.7 GB, and that also run on Unity. I swear that these devs are just make the game bigger for the sake's of being bigger. What are these people smoking.
>>
>>378433268
Truly the lack of having to fit games on discs is killing compression
>>
File: 1452966262390.png (111KB, 359x468px) Image search: [Google]
1452966262390.png
111KB, 359x468px

Cause it discourages piracy
>>
none of these 80gb games are good anyway
who cares?
>>
>>378434140
In what way. Most games today are digital only.
>>
>>378434238
Some people dont embrace the concept of "Well if i wait long enough, Ill get this product for free."

So when given the option to pay full price and have it quickly if not immediately, or wait hours or days for something, people tend to go for the legitimate option.

Of course this doesn't apply to every one, but its diffidently a factor for a lot of people and publishers know that. Gotta get dat money yo.
>>
>>378431326
>live on long island AKA the retirement home island for faggots

>stuck with shitty fucking optimum as the fastest internet provider around

>Verizon was gonna come into my area and set up fios

>the town shot them down

Thanks a lot you fucking old-ass, wrinkled wastes of fucking space.
>>
>>378434467
But you have to spend the same amount of time downloading whether you pay or not. If anything the huge file sizes make me want to pirate more, why bother paying money when I still have to wait a literal week for the game to download through my 2002-era DSL connection?
>>
>>378431049
the worst thing are the 25 gb updates
>>
>>378431049
Shit you won't even use since you won't be doing playthroughs in multiple languages
>>
>>378434467
Even if you pay for it, you still need to download it. the concept of "Well if i wait long enough, Ill get this product for free." applies to the cracks in which Denuvo plays the part. Whether you getting legally or illegally, you still needs to download shits.

As a matter of fact, pirating big games sometimes is the better option since repacks are a thing.
>>
>>378431326
Friend pays nearly half as much for 5x my speed. Lives maybe 10 miles way. I tried to switch. Nothing I can do except move house.
>>
>>378431049
they intentionally bloat filesizes by not compressing anything because they think it will dissuade pirates even though PC games being on digital media isn't even a thing anymore
>>
>>378435078
>>378435320

You guys gotta keep in mind the majority of the populace isnt as fluent in the ways of piracy as they are on this image board.

Some people simply don't want to deal with the bullshit of downloading the game for an extensive time off a torrent with few seeders.

And then have to crack it. And then have to worry about what their ISP is thinking.

Again, these aren't real issues for veterans but we're talking about basic bitch computer users. The core audience that publishers focus on.

No normalfag will wait 20hrs to download DOOM. They'll just go to the store and buy it.
>>
>>378435798
>No normalfag will wait 20hrs to download DOOM. They'll just go to the store and buy it.
Yeah. When they buy it, open up the case, and there's no disc and only a piece of paper with a steam code, what are they going to do stupid.
>>
>>378435798
>No normalfag will wait 20hrs to download DOOM. They'll just go to the store and buy it.
If you're talking about consoles, PS4 and Xbone don't have a real piracy scene yet. PC you're downloading the game regardless most of the time. Half the time nowadays PC retail games are just a CD key to put into steam and a CD with steam_installer.exe.
>>
>>378435798
>Go to store
>Buy game
>10gb+ day one patch
t-thanks gamestop
>>
>>378435954

Go to steam and have a reasonably fast download with no technical knowledge needed before hand. Because they BOUGHT it instead of PIRATING it.

We're going full circle here. It's like you're being a contrarian cunt just to be a contrarian cunt.
>>
>>378436332
>go to steam
>buy game
>download and install
>play

>pirating games
>go to repacks site like fitgirl or corepack
>download installer from torrents
>install
>play
See, they're easy

>but but people don't know that
They don't. But that doesn't mean that pirating games are harder than buying it legally, because it doesn't.
>but but steam has faster download speed
Doesn't do jack shit if you still have a shitty internet

The point I made is that games with big ass filesize isn't going to combat piracy. It just make accessing video games, both legally and illegally, harder than it supposed to be.
>>
>>378436816

You REKT him good brother
>>
>>378434140
how is having a 50gb game on steam easier than pirating a 50gb game
>>
>>378435798
I don't even have an optical drive in my PC
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.