[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did Dishonored 2 fare compared to the first one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

So how did Dishonored 2 fare compared to the first one?
>>
It was more of the same. I liked it.
>>
Better than the first in pretty much every way, except PC optimization
>>
>>378419385
I can almost agree...

Except the story in 2 sounds to me "too much "girl powa"" bullshit

And the story in the first, i though it was "deeper"
>>
>>378419207
Everything wrong with modern games in one place.
>>
>>378419207
While it didn't do too much different mechanically, the level design is top notch and easily surpasses the original
>>
>>378419385
This. It's great except for the poor optimization.
The gameplay mechanics late game are really neat.

>>378419474
>too much "girl powa"
You need to get out more dude

>>378419590
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>378419590
elaborate
>>
Corvo is Garrett

Any questions?
>>
More of the same. The voice acting lines were bland. The performance was shit. Otherwise pretty good
>>
Game was pretty fun, nothing glaringly wrong provided it decides it's just going to run like shit on your PC.

Gameplay isn't as smooth and doesn't "flow" as well as in Knife of Dunwall/Brigmore Witches but you won't notice it unless you played them like an autist like I did
>>
>>378419207
a step up from the first game in everything except for the last level.
High chaos last level of Dishonored 1 was top tier and the last level of 2 was bland, especially when compared to the time crack and the mechanical house level.
>>
>>378420457
although it was pretty great that the Queen's secret room was still there and was a giant shortcut that wasn't hinted at or pointed to at all and the only way to know it was there was by playing the first one and wondering if it is still around.
>>
File: emily.gif (1MB, 250x136px) Image search: [Google]
emily.gif
1MB, 250x136px
Pros
>Best level design in the last 10 years
>Powers are fun
>Stealth is improved
>Locations are more varied
>More choices in approach
>Sidequests
Cons
>Delilah AGAIN
>Outsider is boring
>Not a lot of supernatural elements
>Corvo is half baked, it's obvious they wanted Emily to be the protagonist (makes more sense thematically)
>>
>>378420421
Does Corvo get Daud's timestop blink combo in 2?

>>378420457
What was the difference on high Chaos? I did the DLC on high(ish) chaos because it fit with shanking Daud in the base game.
But in the basegame I just did low chaos and then ghost and I only looked up the different endings as videos.
Just a fuckton more lads to cut down?
>>
>>378420810
Oh god is that a human being animating like femshep from ass erect? Jesus christ keep the mask on.
>>
>>378420901
High chaos has the island at night during a storm and every member of the rebellion is trying to kill eachother in a giant free for all and there are 50 different ways things can go down depending on your actions and almost all of them are acknowledged, like one guy will take a potshot at another guy barricaded in a tower and miss, but you can shoot him at the same time and he will think he did it, and have dialogue with his men about what a great shot he is.

it is amazing.
>>
>>378420901
>Daud's timestop blink
Yes, sort of. It's going to seem like a really nitpicky thing, but it's Corvo's blink with timestop involved. Daud's blink is an instant teleport whereas Corvo's there's a noticeable travel time.

It upsets the flow a little, especially when it comes to precision platforming involving ledges. Also the horrendous "double jump" shit is back instead of Daud's smooth high jump.
>>
It's alright, just like the first one.
It's weird to see them be ambitious with level design and making you figure things out yourself but keep shit in the game like teleporting and wallhack vision.
Make up your mind whether the game is for casuals or not.
>>
>>378421146
Casuals play with the lethal powers and run around with dark vision.
But underneath everything is a very solid stealth game with really smart level design.
>>
>>378419474
no it didn't faggot

story in both is basic ass revenge story with no depth what so ever. you could replace emily with a dude and it wouldn't make any difference. Otherwise the gameplay is great so it's worth playing
>>
>>378421249
Well the casuals are having more fun than I am painstakingly quick-loading my way through this shit game.
>>
>>378421370
>Calls people casuals
>Can't even play the game properly without savescumming
O I am laffin
>>
>>378421370
A fun thing I did in Dishonored Knife of Dunwall/Brigmore Witches was "perfect runs".

All it was is that I'd start at the beginning of the level, and try to get through as fast/efficiently/savagely as possible, almost like a speedrun where you have to kill everybody.

I'd end up resetting when discovered but I'd have already worked out a good route up to where I'm discovered so I load, do it all again, and do something differently where I'm discovered.

I found something deeply satisfying about doing this so sign me up for the autism bucks senpai
>>
playing the game stealthily with no powers is the most fun
>>
File: 1476430254029.webm (2MB, 404x368px) Image search: [Google]
1476430254029.webm
2MB, 404x368px
>>378421462
Are you really going to pretend that you ironman it with no problems?
>>
>>378421043
Fuck I'll be sure to check that out sometime. It's a shame that low chaos' end was truly pitiful. Havelock just falls apart as a character. But it's obviously the 'harder' way to play the game.
>>
How well does it run after the patches? Doom didn't run very good on my rig, but Prey did perfectly.
>>
File: IMG_3202.jpg (129KB, 1475x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3202.jpg
129KB, 1475x1124px
I just got to clockwork mansion and lost all drive to play, please motivate me /v/
>>
>>378421612
Absolutely. It isn't hard if you are patient.
>>
>>378421682
That level is one of the standouts in my opinion. I'm pretty burned out on it too, the game is ridiculously overrated.
>>378421714
I reckon you're a liar.
>>
>>378421791
It's not too unreasonable if it's a second or third playthrough. The genre is only as hard as how much the AI's pretty basic routes can surprise you.
>>
File: Clockwork Mansion.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork Mansion.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>378421682
It's the best level
>>378421791
Not him but I platted the game on PS4. It's not that hard anon
>>
>>378421891
>>378421893
I'm not saying it's hard, just tedious. If I wanted to I could blink behind everyone and stab them but I want to play the game properly, but it's hard when the times I get detected and slaughter people before loading my save are infinitely more fun than playing it with stealth.
>>
>>378419207
better in every way exept story and setting. I prefer the dark victorian setting. and the story was more interesting and involved. I wish they had been a bit more inovative with the story in 2. but all and all it was pretty good.
>>
>ruining it all with shit performance
someone should be hanged for it
crack out yet?
>>
I'm still fucking pissed that they dropped Billy Lush as the outsider
I don't think I'll ever get over that, the new guy sounds like he was trying to get through his lines as quickly as possible.
>>
>>378419207
I enjoyed both my only real complaint is that whoever you play won't shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1479233701149.png (71KB, 880x824px) Image search: [Google]
1479233701149.png
71KB, 880x824px
>a fucking Delilah, the worst character from the first game, returns yet again
I mean, D2 is a vast improvement gameplay-wise but holy shit did it shit the bed with a story.
Should've featured an entirely new cast of characters.
>>
Should I avoid killing in first game?
>>
>>378422431
>specifically make DLC where delilah is presented and killed off
>just to have her come back
>give her one of the nicest endings if you're playing non-lethal
Fuck Delilah
>>
>>378422261
>Having a bad computer
>Having to steal the game
>>
Fun fact, if you don't adjust the sensitivity settings to the 90th percentile, the game is almost unplayable on PS4 due to built in analog deadzones.
I'm talking legit half second delays when you move the stick.
>>
>>378422010
then just play for fun mate, it's a goddamn video game and you should be doing what's fun, not doing it like a chore
>>
>>378422918
shill please
>>
File: 1416578575140.jpg (23KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
1416578575140.jpg
23KB, 414x425px
>>378423242
>poorfag calling people shills
>>
File: Knife of dunvall.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Knife of dunvall.gif
2MB, 500x300px
Still waiting for this guy to come back and finish any remaining witches.
>>
My favorite game in about a decade. Story was lackluster but seriously, who plays Dishonored for the story? It's not like the first game had a brilliant one either.

I wish we got a DLC, is it possible they'll announce one at E3?
>>
Did anyone that played Dishonored first try out Thief later on? It's such an amazing game. I played Thief first but I heard Dishonored is a watered down version. I wouldn't be surprised if Arkane took many inspirations from Thief.
>>
>>378424884
I love the first two Thief games. The Dishonored games are a great successor to them, in my opinion.
>>
>>378425114
Do they still hold up? I've been meaning to play Thief for some time.
>>
>>378424884
I'd say Dishonored shares more in common with Deus Ex since it focuses on having multiple ways to play and isn't purely trying to be a stealth game like Thief
>>
>>378424884
Thief and Dishonored are very different games at core level.
I don't know why people keep comparing them
>>
>>378425483
Absolutely. Just get TFix for Thief: Gold and Tafferpatcher for Thief 2 and you're good to go.
>>
>>378426868
Thanks, gonna get them today then.
>>
>>378425114
Fucking lmao
Remember the teleport button in Thief? Remember turning on your wallhacks?
>>
>>378427104
Wallhacks are unnecessary in both games.
The enemy always broadcasts where it is with pinpoint accuracy either way.

Just because the toolbox changed doesn't mean the game are dissimilar.
>>
>>378427280
>if you ignore all the things that make it completely different they're actually pretty similar
You might be fucking retarded.
>>
>>378427317
Calm down baby boy.
Yes, magic is not in thief the same way it is in Dishonored, give yourself a pat on the back for that observation.
We're talking about how the games play similarly.
>>
>>378419474
>You could play as a girl, so it was girl power
No. This was never even remotely a theme while playing as Emily. Just because the women weren't submissive fuckdolls doesn't mean it was girl power, you fucking virgin
>>
>>378427532
>We're talking about how the games play similarly.

They don't though. One is a stealth game where all the tension comes from the vulnerability of the player character to even a single guard

The other is a power fantasy with no tension where you can kill everyone easily but can impose stealth on yourself if you feel like a challenge
>>
>>378419207
Better game in any way.
Its only problem is that some secondary characters are not as memorable than those in the Hound Pits.

I have to say I didn't encounter any problem on my PC version. I truly don't understand the bashing about it.
>>
>>378429336
Self-imposed tension still results in the same outcome.
>>
Are they still American accents?
>>
>>378419474
>Girl powa
>Game manages to incorporate female characters without coming across as preachy or overly pc
People like you are why we have so many feminist extremists.
>>
>>378429565
There is no tension because you're never vulnerable.

In Thief you use stealth because you have to if you want to survive. Not just because it's the playstyle that you felt like
>>
Ok /v/ which character should I use for high choas and which should I do low choas with?
>>
>>378430686
>the tension I felt was fake
okay bud
>>
>>378430686
Good job playing on easy retard
>>
>>378430828
I played on the hardest difficulty. If you add powers an equipment together there are like 15 things that are purely designed to fuck shit up. It's really not hard.
>>
>>378430718
High chaos for Corvo because he already went through shit and he's probably fed up with people hurting his daughteru.

Low chaos for Emily because she's still a noob to the whole assassin thing and isn't as jaded.
>>
>>378432059
Also, do Emily low chaos first and then NG+ high chaos Corvo so you can have all the powers to go ham with.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.