[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: header.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?
>>
>>378416461
nothing
its better then diablo 3 , fun bulids and a ton of mod support.
only problem is its mostly single player and can be boring agter some time like every H&S
>>
>>378416461
Nothing. It was a huge sucess. You just want some contrarianism for the sake of it.
>>
>>378416461
your life
>>
Spells are boring, they don't synergize, there's not enough build variety.

I finished the game on veteran with basicly just one spell and a bunch of passives.
>>
>>378416461
I hate that the skill trees aren't actually trees, you just pick and choose whatever skills, and they're grouped in to 3 trees for no actual reason. It makes everything seem arbitrary and meaningless and it really rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>378416461
I've played Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, and Diablo 2. Never managed to finish any of them. I think Diablo clones aren't for me.
>>
it's diablo 3 for the reddit crowd
>>
I never had friends to play it with
>>
>>378419038
All my friends quit after the first 2 area's...
>>
>>378418905
nice blog
>>
>>378419951
thanks, please like and subscribe and follow me on facebook and twitter and donate to my patreon and support my new kickstarter
>>
>>378416461
copycat replica of diablo.
boring as fuck too.
>>
>>378416461
It just wasn't interesting.
Neither was D3
>>
>>378416461

Felt like I was just playing a rip off of Diablo 2.

The plot was practically identical and even the story beats were the same, the only difference was the locations and the tone.

Fun enough game, but I never finished it.
>>
>>378416461
skill tree
everything else is good
>>
okay. i've yet to beat this game. closest was on release. got bored. there was no synergy with skills and didn't like charge mechanic. now, i have synergy mod, but still lose interest. progression feels slow. maybe i'm just spoiled by other arpg's.
>>
meh it was fine
>>
>>378416461
It's strange, I loved the hell out of TL1 and put a few hundred hours into it. My only complaint about it was that it had no co-op.
Then I get TL2 and something about it just didn't sit right with me. I played for maybe 30 hours, then dropped it, and never went back.
I can't even put my finger on what it was about TL2 I didn't like.
>>
>>378416461
They did the 1 thing you should never do in video gaming
Go for the "cartoony" artstyle just like blizzard did
>>
>>378418589
>>378418697
I loved it, but yes, this was a problem, basically play it once and you can make the best possible class, no build variety or powering up neat skills with synergies, etc.
>>
>>378418905
I know that feel, I played most of them and while I have some fun, I can't bring myself to play too long and end up just stop playing. I played Victor Vran too, which is a bit different to the usual ARPG so maybe you'll like that desu senpai
>>
>>378416461
Nothing. Game is fine especially with mods.
>>
even for an arpg it was way too samey and grindy, you rarely ever feel more or less powerful
>>
>>378416461
Nothing.The game is awesome.
I also bought it but never bought Diablo 3.
>>
single player only really ruins the game. I could still be playing this if I could team up with some mates but the game is just trash after you beat it a few time on each class

>>378420852
fuck off dumb kid
>>
>>378420789
Same for me, except less T1 played
The game just didn't click
>>
>>378416461
I keep trying to play it on hardcore+hardest and dying, but then it's not fun to reroll.
>>
>>378421642
>and dying
What are you playing as?
>>
I mean, it's not a bad game at all, but it was just a D2 clone with cartoon aesthetics.
Then Blizzard managed to can everything that made D2 good in favor of casual pandering, with cartoon aesthetics. I prefer TL2 to their shit
>>
>>378416461

The story

It was just Diablo 2 but I didn't care
>>
poe exists
>>
>>378418905
That's pretty normal. They're a total blast at first not just because of the novelty but because you're leveling up fast and getting a bunch of new stuff thrown at you because almost everything is an upgrade once you level a few times.
Once you get fairly deep you're just chasing +stat or +% ability damage.
>>
File: 1441504496811.jpg (101KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1441504496811.jpg
101KB, 728x636px
>>378419038
>have friends
>they don't want to play it because it reminds them of league of legends
>>
>play engineer
>only use flame hammer
>literally no other viable melee ability
>try to make the other skills like ember hammer work
>can't
>play embermage
>same problem
>can't even test out new builds without modding the game because lmao limited respec like its 1995

The game was fucking boring. I just started playing D3 in 2.5 and while I can tell I would have absolutely fucking hated the game at launch, the game I'm playing right now is pretty fun. Casul, limited end game variety, but still fun to play. I can't even be bothered to open TL2 anymore and no, mods don't fix the game.

What is even TL's niche? PoE is for people who like old diablo. D3 is for people who want a more modern, actiony game with less number crunching and comittment. Grim Dawn is for people who liked Titan's Quest. TL2 is just a poor man's choice.
>>
>>378422367
>What is even TL's niche?
Just a simple, cheap clone to pass the time with native mod support. It got the job done.
>>
>>378422367
>>378422838
Oh, and the company specifically churned it out to help fund their "Torchlight MMO" in development. I've not followed them at all so I have no idea how that one is going.
>>
>>378420610
At least Diablo 3's combat actually felt nice.
>>
>>378416461
I hated the art style from this game tbqh.
>>
File: 1489750191275.gif (560KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1489750191275.gif
560KB, 583x583px
>no proper minion master class
>anytime some game does have one, the minions are timed and/or too weak to be of any use
>>
>>378424483
I recommend this every time this is brought up in these threads: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/53773-Download-Latest-Version-of-Legion-of-Champions-Mod?s=416167b1b09466ce309f1f1bbd4edc58
It's a mod for Titan Quest that turns every class into a pet class and adds a bunch of new bonuses on items for pets.
>>
>>378416461
>skills being locked behind levels
>ABSOLUTELY ASSBLASTED RETARDED IDIOTIC SON OF A BITCH stat system
>short game
>story maps are not random
>classes more unbalanced than any other of the major arpgs including the very first game
>extreme resource consumption for a game with simplistic graphics
>mapworks locked until endgame
>if you pick a new game+ they become locked again
>worse mod support than any bethesda game, or even the very first torchlight
>discontinued support, some bugs still unfixed to this day
>no expansion
>rifles became shotguns when it was possible to have both
>game is too easy even on the hardest difficulty
>killed old characters for no reason
>villain is a sane individual trying to solve a problem through 90% the game
>only to go apeshit retarded on the last bit
I have over 300 hours on both the game and on the modding tool, and I actually regret it.
>>
>>378423450
>torchlight MMO
Won't touch it, will shit on it and insult the developers or any shills that appear here, the SINGLE FUCKING REASON the second game manages to be fun is because some very talented people put their souls into modding this piece of crap. I don't know how they managed to make the first game well balanced and the second one this travesty.
>>
>>378425898
Well yeah, I figured it was going to be awful hence why I haven't followed it. It was going to be F2P as well which pretty much kills any enthusiasm I'd have for a loot-based game.
>>
>>378416461
The non-gameplay aspects (presentation?) are all great (music was just ok, though), game is full of very nice details like how enemies spawn, but everything related to the gameplay is okish to mediocre. I was planning to write a list of issues but this anon >>378425725 already did t.
Also, all the delays killed my friends' interest in the game, so I had to play alone. Shit sucks since I pre-ordered it like a retard (I will never do this shit again).
>>
File: 1495740862539.jpg (95KB, 882x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495740862539.jpg
95KB, 882x960px
>>378427418
>preordered payday 2 because the first one was great
>preordered torchlight 2 because the first one was great
>preordered starbound because I was promised terraria on space
>>
>>378427857
>starbound
Don't remind me. This shit still haunts my steam library.
Buyer's remorse forced me to play it recently. I installed all fucking mods to make the game somewhat playable (plus less ugly ass humans), but then the engine shits itself even on vanilla. The game is broken beyond repair.
>>
File: 1495665911300.png (7KB, 443x376px) Image search: [Google]
1495665911300.png
7KB, 443x376px
>>378428156
Wait u telling me the game still shits on itself when you enter any dungeon?
>>
>>378428471
Starbound's dungeon works "fine" because they are instanced content (you can't interact with anything other than treasure chests, scripted buttons and NPCs), but anything else starts to shit itself if you move too fast (even with vanilla vehicles or leg upgrades) because world generation is completely bugged and enemies start teleporting all over the place like the you are getting desyncs in an old ass online game. It's even worse in planets with too much water because gravity and water really hates each other and world generation creates the craziest environments, like underwater cities on surface and a giant mass of ocean water falling from the sky, or "sealed " caves below the ocean that are full of holes so the water starts to invade and break everything. The engine simply can't handle the amount of shit on screen and stuff starts to get weird.
>>
have 800 hours more or less (testing builds)
had some amazing fun in expert with friends,
then you become super op in mid game and faceroll everything
>>
File: 1493748063578.jpg (26KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
1493748063578.jpg
26KB, 300x215px
>>378429187
>starbound dungeons are instanced
Oh my god THAT is why it got better in dungeons, they didn't fix shit.
>>
>>378416461
Missed its release window.
>jankier than d3
>come out after d3
>zzzz the game
>>
File: 0b8.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
0b8.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>Be in the TL2 beta
>It's actually really fucking fun to play
>Diablo 2 shitters flood in and bitch that it's not like Diablo 2 and demand to be made more like diablo 2
>Runic butchers the game by trying to cater to them
>It releases in its bastardized form and massive issues like desyncs and the shitty netcode are not fixed
>Diablo 2 shitters go back to playing Diablo 2 while Torchlight fans are left with this mess
>>
Boring world, boring skills, boring items. First time I played the mage, the best build was to increase your elemental damage and spam the very first skill (prismatic something) which dealt absurd damage for cheap cost and, if I remember correctly, had homing missiles. Past 15 hours there is no real drive to keep playing.

And all I heard about the MMO version you guys talk about is that it's currently a chinese only, android f2p game where you can play as a fox girl.
>>
File: 1496007807956.jpg (6KB, 271x168px) Image search: [Google]
1496007807956.jpg
6KB, 271x168px
There are better Diablo-clones out there than Torchlight II. PoE is even free, too. There are lots of great mods out there for TLII but the game doesn't suck you in like Diablo 2 does. TLII just isn't as satisfying as Diablo 2. Opening chests, going through dungeons, getting loot, upgrading your skills, it feels like a slog in TLII.
>>
>>378429905
Reminds me of my experience with PoE's closed beta. As soon as open beta started, every fucking line of chat and forum post had or at least implied "Diablo 2" on it.
I wish chink devs created more not-Diablo games like Shinning Soul 2 and Phantasy Star Online. At least they are immune to blizzfags' "feedback".
>>
>>378430221
>chinese only, android f2p game where you can play as a fox girl
Already sounds slightly better than TL2 to be honest.
>>
File: 1492026082445.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1492026082445.gif
1MB, 195x229px
Speaking of ARPGs does anyone knows if stats affect abilities flat damage? For example is the flat damage from marksmanship affected by either dex or str?
>>
>>378416461
Multiplayer was broken as fuck on day one. Took us literal hours to actually connect and STAY connected and we'd have to go through the same fucking ordeal every time someone DCed.
>>
>>378418327
>better then diablo 3
>then
Is this supposed to be an accomplishment?
>>
>>378431269
I wouldn't even say it's better than D3 anymore, at LEAST D3 has some entertainment value for some dozens of hours.
>>
TL2 had a lot of hype at the time, it was finally going out of the dungeon floors and going to have outdoor maps, with reworked classes.
Engineer got most of the love, though, with the old 3 classes being sort of meh. Outdoor maps frequently spawned rather samey. They had a Desert and desert zones in aRPGs seem to have this mandatory FUCKING BORING quality to them (TitanQuest escaped that somehow, I didn't mind TQ's Egypt.)
the worst was how they promises a modkit was going to come out, but then they took months to produce it. By then nobody cared anymore.

then the founders sold out to some korean publisher and abandoned ship.

playwise it's not like it's drastically different to just max out one attack and focus on passives compared to, say, PoE where you link out one attack and focus on health nodes.
>>
>"Huh. Haven't played Torchlight 2 in awhile. Wonder what the Steam mods are like
>Check the games workshop
>Literally nothing

Can somebody explain? Are the mod tools just bad?
>>
>>378431551
That's the problem, that was always boring. It was boring when D2 switched over to that when synergies came out, it's still boring, and it's boring when PoE/TL2 do it. That's one of the very, very few things D3 got right - most of those skills on your bar aren't just there for show, they're almost certainly an integral part of your build somehow.
>>
>>378431501
Probably not. I only played the first Torchlight and remember really hating it and dropping it about a few hours into the game at best. I did finish Diablo 2, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Sacred and played a few others for a considerable amount of time though.
>>
>>378430878
ffs guys I need help
>>
>>378430878
Read the manual nerd.
>>
I don't even know. I had fun with it for a while, then tried Grim Dawn and never looked back on this.
>>
>>378428156
the worst part is, if you bought starbound in early access it was actually *better* than it is now

they removed every interesting feature and replaced the main progression with a "go look at some furniture" bullshit thing

similar to torchlight 2 actually, which was more fun in the open beta than on release
>>
>>378432209
Doesn't say anything about it.
>>
File: 1490244178459.jpg (13KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490244178459.jpg
13KB, 277x277px
>>378432575
>tfw toaster can't run grimdawn
>>
>>378416461
I don't know to be honest...

It looks better than torchlight 1 on paper but it feels worse.
>>
>>378420789

Same here...

I think it is the color palet and the difference of the camera position. It is further away from your character and that feels so bad even thought you don't recognize it at first.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.