[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people keep saying that DaS3 has "best individual levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88KB, 332x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88KB, 332x330px
Why people keep saying that DaS3 has "best individual levels design" in the soulsborne series?
If it's so good, then why it's so tedious to replay through them? Bloodborne tedious levels like Forbidden Woods or Nightmare Frontier still worth replaying and never made me drop another walkthrough
Can't say the same about das3 "great" designed level like wall or cathedral
Even das2 terrible designed levels are more fun to replay than das3 ones
Really makes you question /v/ hivemind tastes
>>
>>378410964
>If it's so good, then why it's so tedious to replay through them?
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad anon, different people have different tastes. I finished DaS3 17 times, BB 15 times, and couldn't finish DaS more than once so your argument about the levels being tedious doesn't apply to everyone.

Cathedral of the deep, Lothric's Castle, Undead Settlement, Archdragon Peak for exemple are pure masterpieces and the peak of Miyazaki's talent. You just like different things.
>>
>>378410964
>"best individual levels design

i haven't seen that but they're dead wrong. A bunch of the areas feel like they were sliced out of an actual complete level. DS3 in general is a terrible game even worse than 2 with it's combat mechanics.
>>
>>378411326
>DS3 in general is a terrible game even worse than 2 with it's combat mechanics.
It's the best souls by far tho, with only bloodorne being better.
>>
>>378411395
It's not tho and it has the most boring uninspired bosses of all 3 games.
>>
>>378411435
Even diehard DaS3 haters on /v/ agree that DaS3 has by far the best bosses. Boss wise it trumps even Bloodborne. Princes, Champ gundyr, Sully, Friede, Gael, Abyss Watchers, Nameless King, Dancer, SoC, Armour, Twin demons, Midir obliterate every boss From has made so far.

As for the rest, literally EVERYTHING except world design is better in DaS3 than in DaS.
>>
>>378410964
Mandatory. Encounters. Everywhere.
>>
because it was their first souls game
>>
>>378411768
Nameless King and Friede are pure, unfiltered tedium and shit

Friede doesn't have awful hitboxes like NK, but it doesn't excuse the 3 healthbars shit and how utterly unoriginal her moveset is
>>
>>378411768
every boss that you mentioned is piss easy

as >>378412152 said those are the only difficult one beacause of cheap annoying mechanics
>borken camera first faze
>3 healthbars spamfucker

gael is still easy as shit but at least is enjoyable

also gameplay and musicwise BB is superior, especially the bossfights
>>
>>378412364
But Soulsborne games were never about being difficult anon, a boss doesn't have to be hard to be good. Maria was a first or second try for most players and yet she's one of the best bosses from has made.

>>378412152
Nothing wrong with 3 healthbars
>>
dark souls 3 sucked balls the first time through
uninspired generic crap
>>
>>378412859
begone, fool.
>>
>>378412978
>andre is there becuz ?
>the maid merchant ?
>ripoff anor londo
>rip off siegmeyer
>rip off demon sage
>rip off the final fucking boss

such an inspired and original final chapter
>>
>>378412775
Maria is nowhere near a first or second attempt for most players. She demands complete understanding of Bloodborne's mechanics and timing to topple in 3 tries, unless you're somehow both blatantly over-leveled AND parrying all her phases.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.