[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>physical skills consume SP I just want to play Apocalypse.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: SI_3DSDS_ShinMegamiTenseiIV.jpg (94KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_3DSDS_ShinMegamiTenseiIV.jpg
94KB, 1000x500px
>physical skills consume SP
I just want to play Apocalypse.
>>
>>378409920
>physical skills consume SP
>I just want to play Apocalypse.
I have bad news for you.
>>
>>378409920
Physical skills consume SP in Apocalypse too, it's killing me. I can't Oni-Kagura more than a few times before I need to use a Chakra Drop.
>>
just upgrapde burroughs mp stroll ability until it works on all active party members
>>
>>378409995
>>378410000
Well, shit. And here I was planning a physical build in both games.
>>
>>378410360
Well, physical is fine in Apocalypse.
>>
>>378410360
Physical build is still good. Especially in vanilla IV, since you can just dump everything into Dex and use both physical and gun skills effectively.
And MP is never a problem in IV, just rush the MP recovery App. After an upgrade or two it restores MP to the entire party. You can just run around in circles and regen all MP if needed.
>>
Don't you get SP when you level up?
>>
>>378409920
Get a skill to +9 so it consumes less sp :^)
>>
>>378410360
Phys is the best build in both games though. It's just that in IV, you only require dex for all phys AND gun skills, whereas in Apo, str is phys and dex is gun.
>>
>>378409920
i finally beat this after years the other day. i kept losing interest and after the red pill secret i plowed through. pretty awesome game, but i don't think i'm ready to go and play the sequel.
>>
Man, coming off of P5 and playing this was a mistake. There's this pervading sense of boredom without a focused narrative in contrast.
>>
File: smt4.gif (235KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smt4.gif
235KB, 480x360px
>>378412828
It felt more like a real adventure to me, sorry you can't get that feel
>>
>>378413404
>a real adventure to me
>running annoying errands around Tokyo
It was really bad in that regard compared to any other megaten.
>>
>>378413501
>leave your homeland
>venture through a strange vessel to reach a completely different, huge, dangerous world
>work your way through this world while learning about its history and the different groups struggling for power in the present

It was really goo--
>you have to deliver a few things (like in every SMT)
ok forget it, shit game, no adventure
>>
>>378410000
At least in apocalypse they have the skill affinity system for demons, which is great. The better smirk mechanic is great too.

I really like the feel of SMTIV and Flynn's mission more than in apocalypse, not that it didn't have its great moments, but I can't argue that one clearly plays better than the other.
>>
>>378413738
>SMT1
>You're pretty much roaming around and fucking up everyone's shit exploring just how fucked the world is with a few exceptions (Law Hero and Police station, Pre Nuke American army)
>SMT2
>Pussy-whipped errand boy for everyone (Center, Mekata, Hiruko, Stephen etc)
>SMT3
>Errand boy for everyone that even your friends take the piss out of that
>Strange Journey
>only compotent errand boy in a ship full of them
What went wrong?
>>
>>378413738
I wish they released SMTIV with the gameplay improvements of Apocalypse
>>
>>378415457
That was the original plan you know? But too many ideas led to Apocalypse
>>
My only complaint so far. I didn't mind it in SJ because the demons had more mana. Except for that the game is great so far. No doubt it's the nocturnebabbies being wrong again
>>
>>378415457
Smt4 would easily be my favorite mainline if they did that. I love the narrative and atmosphere but the game is such a chore compared to apocalypse
>>
>>378416162
Eh, the visual aspect is still too disjointed. I wish they followed the concept art more closely.
>>
>>378414024
I agree with you in liking the feel of IV more. Ironically I think it's because it gave more of a post-apocalypse desperate struggle against demons kind then apocalypse. Although to be fair, it's precisely because of the events of IV that the mood for Apocalypse is different.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.