[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refute this Protip: You can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-09-10-waste-of-time.jpg (217KB, 550x1590px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10-waste-of-time.jpg
217KB, 550x1590px
Refute this

Protip: You can't
>>
yes i can
>>
I can refute this too.
>>
>>378386861
A better comparison would be watching an amateur try to play soccer. You can play sport at any time and you can play games any time. However, you will never be able to play with professionals
>>
>>378409604
watch this, make the last panel his dad playin xbox alone depressed
>>
File: 1491366226422.jpg (52KB, 670x557px) Image search: [Google]
1491366226422.jpg
52KB, 670x557px
>>378409604
Playing sports takes effort, playing games does not.
>>
I consider both "activities" utterly retarded.
But if I were to play devil's advocate, people watch sports for the sports, people watch letsplays for subpar comedy and friend simulating.
There you go.
>>
I refuted it in my autobiographic novel essay on critique.
>>
Watching Twitch is as retarded as watching sports.
>>
>>378409604
To make it more fair, the game being played should be an e-sport to match the tv guy.

Personally, I enjoy watching Starcraft or DOTA2 because I, as a player myself, can much easier relate to what is goind on on the screen, the challenges the players face, the sick plays or faults they make, etc.
>>
The comparison is flawed simply because anything on television is usually professional, or at least of some official competition/corporation, but just watching some guy play a game that isn't either skilled or funny is really fucking pointless unless you're trying to find out more about a new game or something.
>>
>>378409770
So, e-sport is okay then ?
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (118KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
118KB, 900x900px
>>378409604
Fuck you OP and any shitter who thinks this is an apt analogy. A better analogy would be the following:

>Instead of seeing the focus of the game being on all of the players and the game itself, viewers would instead see the game only through the eyes of one of its players
>A secondary camera would be set up on the screen focusing on the player's face so we can see their le ebin overreactions to the events of the game
>The player would spend most of the game not actually playing at all or playing badly at best, instead just dicking around forcing memes for their fans
>Any critique of this would just be met with cries of 'It's just a game, bro'
>>
File: 1492380147715.png (422KB, 474x434px) Image search: [Google]
1492380147715.png
422KB, 474x434px
>>378410304
Yes.
>>
>>378409770
>However, you will never be able to play with professionals
You're realistically never going to get to play dota 2 against a pro player either.
>>
Refute what a false equivalency?

Lets Players are 99,9% trash. They play the games pretty bad and have in most cases no skill whatsoever.
They dont review the game they just play it and talk bullshit to entertain the viewers with their "jokes".

On the other hand we have professional athlets that trained for years to gain peak skill in their sport.
Watching football for example is fun because even if you could play football right just now you couldnt see the level of skill.
>>
Sports are a pretty dumb analogy.

It's more akin to people watching cooking shows with zero intention of ever using the recipe.
>>
>>378410939
yes, lern 2 read
he is saying that if you want to experience professional playing, you have to watch it. Both in the case of dota or sports.
>>378409604
I think people watch sports because real life sports are difficult to get into. How many people have the time or want to get into a full size adult football team? With video games it is very easy to buy a game and play.

I would also say that everything in moderation. You want to watch two episodes of some faggot's lets play to get a feel for the game? Fine. You watch the super bowl every now and then? Fine. Neither things should be the only thing that occupies your time.

All of that and, the fact that there are a infinite amount of lets plays, and a finite number of sports games you care about.

t.someone who doesn't even watch sports or lets plays
>>
>>378409803
I watch fighting game streams for the competition.

Checkmate Atheists.
>>
>>378409604
I think watching sports is also dumb. Checkmate.
>>
>someone makes this thread
>normalfags defend trash soccerball watchers
>"watching our ball game is an intricate activity for the learned xDD"
While watching LP is a moderately dumb activity, football watching is lowest of the low. You should all kill yourselves
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.