[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: video game skills.png (280KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
video game skills.png
280KB, 1000x789px
Thoughts?
>>
>>378406807
I think that image is a blatantly false jab at league, and that's coming from the guy with 4k hours in dota.
>>
>>378406807
kys dotascrub
>>
File: 1378305308682.gif (899KB, 267x167px) Image search: [Google]
1378305308682.gif
899KB, 267x167px
>>378406807

>Starcraft 2 more popular than Brood War
>>
>>378406870
4k hours but 1k mmr prob
>>
>>378406807
This needs more games
>>
GO is harder than 1.6
>>
>>378406807
>no rts except blizz garbage
worst part of this shit tier bait image to be honest.
>>
>>378406870
>>378406807
Yeah move league over a bit it definitely has a higher skill ceiling
>>
>>378406807
>csgo more popular than LoL
>csgo with a huge gap in difficulty from 1.6
naaaah
>>
>>378407013
>csgo with a huge gap in difficulty from 1.6

But it's true, CSGO is so much easier than 1.6, and don't even get me started on 1.5 and earlier
>>
>>378406807
>dota that far right
>BW that low on both axes
>GO that far left

lol fag
>>
>>378406807
GO is actually more difficult because somehow the recoil is more shit and you can't bhop
>>
File: 1433482816462.png (63KB, 236x237px) Image search: [Google]
1433482816462.png
63KB, 236x237px
how many rtshitters will fall for it
>>
>>378407086
It's actually much harder, since it's exactly the same but this time weapons have recoil. I'm assuming you've never played GO or even 1.5 for that matter.
>>
>>378406807
Is dota really that hard of a game? I'm not trolling and I've seriously never played a MOBA game before.
>>
File: Nigga what.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga what.png
205KB, 505x431px
>>378406807
Starcraft Easier than dota 2
>>
>>378407159
I've played both, and 1.6 and .5 and .3 had way more recoil and spray patterns than go which is a better but still casualized version of source
>>
>>378406807
even as someone who doesn't play it i can guarantee more autism and reflexes go into CSGO than this lets on
>>
>>378407086
it's really not lol, csgo just seems easier because of the aids matchmaking if you've ever played an esea scrim or an esea match in a league higher than open you'd know the game is still hard as fuck, I think the only thing easier is movement as a result of the source engine
>>
>>378407121

>dota not the highest skill ceiling
>in a game when you have to memorize a millioon different combinations of stuff
>while at the same time you have to be able to coordinate with 4 other people to compete in big tournaments

It's both individual skill and team skill.
>>
>>378407183
Yes.
Only those with incredible mental discipline can play such a concentrated game.
It's literally the sequel to chess.
>>
>>378407183
It's hard to learn.
No harder to play than any RTS once you've got over the initial knowlege req.
>>
>>378407183
No it isn't, it is the same as Lol but steamfags have to violently jack off to how "hard" their game is and is only less popular which is "obviously a good thing" because it is so "hard"
>>
>>378407215
lol no u didnt if you actually played those games you'd know there's no pattern which creates artificial difficulty and promotes randomness
>>
If it's popular right now it's bad xD
>>
>>378407332

Why do you think its an easy game?
>>
That chart is such obvious bait, holy shit.

Hearthstone isn't anywhere near that difficult.
>>
>>378406807
LoL was definitely the most popular game, it peaked in 2013 though, around the time SC2's bubble popped.
>>
>>378407256
I haven't played cs competitively since 1.6 I got too old and my reflexes aint what they use to be

I still play some competitive now and again but it plays much easier than 1.5 and 1.6, that being said, it's still better than Source
>>
>>378407336
the spray patterns aren't random
>>
File: youre shit.jpg (61KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
youre shit.jpg
61KB, 1000x789px
here are my thoughts, faggot
>>
>Quake that low

I've always been surrounded by people who love Quake, is it really unpopular?
>>
This graph is just a blatant lie designed to get your interest. Why do we all respond to it?
>>
>>378407440
there were no actual preset patterns in any cs game aside from GO
>>
>>378406929
this

Years ago I played with a guy who had over 5k hours but he was still in the 1k mmr pool. He spent the entire game flaming us about how we were terrible at the game.
>>
>>378406807

What retard thinks any moba takes more skill than any fighting game? I'm sure mashing 1 through 4 on your keyboard is just as hard as mastering 1 frame link combos.
>>
>>378407363
I don't think it is easy to just pick up I think it is the same as Lol, where you have to put in time to learn the mechanics and the characters but other than that it, it is what it is. It is only as hard as the people you're up against you have to manage a few things and focus a lot.
>>
>>378407332
t. sub 6k shitstain and probably doesnt even play
>>
>>378407480
Maybe I wasn't being precise, while pattern wasn't the word I was looking for the shooting isn't all random if you know how to shoot, for instance, in 1.6 and before the first shot you fired was always in the centre of your crosshair and the following 3 shots were very near to where the first was, which meant in those games most people would single fire or three round burst fire so as to avoid the randomness of the spraying

it was only random if you sprayed and prayed
>>
>>378407626

Saying that they are both means you haven't ever played either of the games ever. Just because you see that both games have a 5v5 map and 3 lanes to go and the objective is the same doens't mean that the mechanics behind are equal.

LoL is always gonna be a way easier and simpler game just because the company behind it wants it to be that way. There is only 1 way to play League, because if you go outside the forced meta you straight up lose no matter how good you are.
>>
>>378407764
Yeah the first bullet accuracy is there but the actual spraying is random. I dunno, I don't see how GO is easier in any way besides movement.
>>
>>378407215
Every CS including CSS had pretty much 0 recoil. All weapons were firing in a straight line with VERY LITTLE deviation. CSS still takes the cake since even deagles had 0 recovery time and were shooting straight.

CSGO is the first CS to include proper recoil with patterns you can learn. First bullet is always perfect center, with the following two going up so you need to lower your aim. Then every following bullet follows a pattern and after a while you can aim perfectly even after 20 bullets.

No matter how you look at it, CSGO is the most skill based CS. Because it's not only about recoil, but weapons are also way more balanced, maps are more balanced, and they fixed huge problems like all of dust being mad of paper and being able to get a double kill accross 3 walls.

>go
>casualised version of source
These are the kids posting on /v/
>>
>>378407272
Kinda disappointed when they dumbed down the damage types and now removing the orb effects. It's like the staple of classic dota thrown out the window.
>>
>>378407795
U know there are off meta players in diamond,right?
>>
>>378408057
>kids

I know you love your source 2 but it's far and away the easiest of all counter-strikes minus source
>>
>>378408134

You mean random pubs where you can win with anything because you get to play with 4 randoms on your team vs 5 uncoordinated randoms on the other side? Yeah, I'm not talking about pubs, I'm talking about competitive Dota and League, where you reach the highest skill, wich is whta the "graph" is trying to take into account.

>>378408118
Some of the orbs were in dota 1 just because of engine limitations, you coulnd't just stack a bunch of them because the game would simply not register them. Now they barely even matter, because you don't see people stackig orbs, maybe on clinks and some other hero, but that's about it.
>>
>>378408198
Except it cannot be the easiest, because as proven above, it's the same game but with added recoil and more balancing :^)

All CS games are god tier except GZ, CSGO happens to be the best. Go be mad somewhere else.
>>
>>378408452
>CZ
>a counter-strike

cmon son, the only thing condition zero did for counter-strike was offer incredible hand skins
>>
>>378408057
I don't like the dumb bullet spread. I don't play the game specifically because I don't like that. I like my bullets going where I aim, and where I don't have to play a minigame with the mouse
no, it's not "more skill-based." in fact, I'd say that argument isn't valid. worrying about how "skill-based" a game is just seems dumb to me. anyways, it's just a mechanic added onto shooting that makes it arbitrarily more complicated than, for instance, your bullets having random spread. it was an experiment, and while I can respect the gunplay for what it is, it's not for me
>>
>>378408198
Care to explain how or why? Literally the only thing harder in 1.6 is the movement and that's more of a nousiance than anything
>>
>>378408543
The less random it is, the more skill based it is.
>>
>>378406807

So let me get this straight:

League as the most playedPc game is less popular than Heartstone?
Less popular than fucking Go and Dota 2?
Is this a joke?

Starcraft takes less skill than a fucking trash ASSFAGGOT Valve shat out to gain autismbucks from their drones?
>>
>>378408357
IK. With that limitation old players would go around or sacrifice a slot weighing the situation of the match. Thus made more good balances. Now we get a clinks with a skadi and desolator. Which fucks up balances and tradition of long time players. They could've stick to it.
>>
>>378408682
>Starcraft takes less skill than a fucking trash ASSFAGGOT Valve shat out to gain autismbucks from their drones?

>this assblasted because his mindless gookclick is irrelevant and take less skill than other games, wich are also super popular right now

Oh wow you memorized literally 1 start and repeat it every game forever. You might aswell put a robot there because shit takes nothing else than mechanical skill.
>>
>>378406807
>any moba not all the way on the left
This is exactly what my normie friends who play LoL and Dota believe.
>>
>>378408615
what is that in reply to
and you're practically right. depends on game and the mechanic we're talking about, but yes, that's generally true
I just don't like the added mechanic of not aiming with the reticule. I also noticed you bringing up that term again, as well; "skill based"

I will no longer reply. your obvious inferior communication skills places you too far below me to make a reply worth the effort of the strain on my fingers to type.
>>
>>378407626
lol is definitely more easy to get into than dota. As someone who doesn't play either I can watch a game a league and have a fairly decent understanding of whats happening and what each item/ability does. But my eyes just glaze over trying to watch dota. I don't know what it is about it but the game is incredibly difficult for me to parse as a spectator.
>>
>>378408845
So you think the game would be more skill based if the bullets just went in a straight line when shooting. You know what? Maybe it is best you stop replying, take a break from the internet buddy you got some shit to figure out in your head.
>>
>>378408543
Dude, it's ok to dislike GO, and it's ok to dislike it because you don't like the recoil, but the argument was about GO being more skill based than previous games which is a fact. If a game has everything the previous games had, but with a mechanic more, then it's more skill based, simple as that. And you're free to dislike it, that's why you can still play previous games.

> I like my bullets going where I aim
Yeah me too. That's why you shoot 1-3 bullet bursts, and IF you have to shoot more, just learn the pattern which is always the same. It's not random, because if it was random, every player above gold nova 1 wouldn't be able to be consistent. If it was RNG like /v/ likes to claim because they're bad, good players wouldn't remain in higher ranks while bad players are stuck in shit ranks. It's not rocket science, aim for the head and shoot, if you miss, then either wait a second and repeat, or keep firing but lower your gun to compensate for the recoil.
>>
>>378408843
whats your mmr?
>>
>>378408787

>Which fucks up balances and tradition of long time players.
What? Literally nobody who has been playing for longer than 5-6 years has ever said this at all. The game has tons of ways to balance itself, orbs do no matter right now, they just limited the options on items that nobody was getting anyway, and the few heroes that can get them are such niche picks that you basically have to have a strat around them in order to work, wich is something I would actually like to see in the future.
>>
File: irYpEsO[1].png (263KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
irYpEsO[1].png
263KB, 1024x789px
>>378406807
Fixed.
BW is honestly hard for the wrong reasons, compared to SC2 or TFT
>>
>>378410101

xd
>>
>>378406807

>Dota
>skill
>more popular than LoL

No
>>
File: 1374181361903.jpg (57KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1374181361903.jpg
57KB, 506x556px
>>378410456
>league bab
>>
>>378410456
back to work pendragon
>>
>>378406807
Is this one of those "how gay are you" tests?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.