[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Little Big Planet just die off? What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: lbp4.jpg (80KB, 1200x696px) Image search: [Google]
lbp4.jpg
80KB, 1200x696px
Did Little Big Planet just die off? What happened?
>>
LBP3 was really disappointing
>>
People realized it was profoundly mediocre to the core
>>
>>378400434
LittleBigPlanet 3 was a mediocre unfinished entry in the franchise that had great ideas but didn't execute them with anywhere near enough content that it should have.
>>378401282
Uhm no, LBP1, 2 and Vita are some of the best modern day platformers ever made, both critic, community scores and sales numbers are proof of that.
>>
>>378400508
>>378401441
So the series is just done? What a shame.
>>
>>378401441
They're all really, really uninteresting as platformers and their only real redeeming feature is the community content. I'm genuinely surprised the series lasted this long.
>>
>>378401441
you're female, admit it.
>>
It was a floaty piece of shit platformer. Great level design and mapping tools cant save that.
>>
Was Little Big Planet ever really alive? It was always kind of shit with terrible user created levels.
>>
>>378401441
>LBP1, 2 and Vita are some of the best modern day platformers ever made
you can't be serious
>>
>>378401781
1&2 had the problem of there being 10 unique user created levels and then just 999999999 copies of them that people stole and published. can't speak for 3 since i really didnt play it much, but i did really enjoy 1 and 2 co-op with a mate
>>
File: 2179389-sackboy_russia.png (251KB, 418x600px) Image search: [Google]
2179389-sackboy_russia.png
251KB, 418x600px
>>378400434
1 was okay, 2 was great, 3 was meh but done by another company. MediaMolecule has been working on other things.
>>
>>378401781
LBP had a pretty big community once people actually started buying PS3's. Since it was one of the few good PS3 titles, a lot of people flocked to it.
LBP2 wasn't as big, but it still had a decent community.
>>
From this point on they're probably going to take a one per console approach. LBP3 is still getting updates and DLC.
>>
>>378401441

>mediocre platformer on a machine with no games
>praised by sony fans

Who would have thought?
>>
>>378402063

>MediaMolecule has been working on other things.

It never seems like it, I know Dreams is supposed to be on it's way but they really like to drag their feet. think they prefer the design phase rather than the 'actually making the game' phase
>>
>>378402435
>It never seems like it

They did do Tearaway. And that was extremely good.
>>
>>378402435
I always wonder what these and Polyphony Digital actually do all day, I'd love to see what a normal 9-5 day is like at their offices
>>
>>378402601
Calm down, faggot. It was passable at best.
>>
>>378402601
True but Tearaway was 4 years ago and it doesn't take much to remaster a game.
>>
I have always liked LBP as a series, I bought my PS3 after the second one came out, bought the console with the first and then after beating it I bought 2, it's a good time with a friend for some silly fun.
However if you want good levels you have to really look for them, I have a favorites list of fun single player and multiplayer levels in case someone comes over and we feel like playing it.
>>
>>378400434
>Did Little Big Planet just die
how would you be able to tell in the first place?
it's not like it was alive at one point
>>
>>378400508
>>378401441
LBP3 really hurt the franchise, full to the brim with bugs and issues along with the addition of the new "characters" that no one really likes or uses and they went with LBP2 story instead of LBP1 when everyone hated the story on 2 even if it was the best game of the three
>>
>>378400434
LBP3 happened. Played my fill during my monthly free PSN, absolute garbage compared to 2. But is has Pink Shoelaces so it's alright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-bF6omT4Zc
>>
File: Little-Big-Street-Fighter.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Little-Big-Street-Fighter.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>378400434
>>378400508
>>378401441
its great but its a shame that it will be forever be remembered on /v/ as a floaty platformer with design tool set, instead of a create your own game.

heck you can make a fighting game out of it.
>>
File: 234.png (957KB, 905x995px) Image search: [Google]
234.png
957KB, 905x995px
How could she let it be a bad game :(
>>
>>378400434
>What happened?
Take the LBP fanbase and fraction it off into 3 separate games. The community just got bored with it, too.

The one I'm more sad about is ModNation Racing. That game had really smooth gameplay and an extremely high skill ceiling. Awesome community content, but also died off for whatever reasons.
>>
>>378402972

The new characters just had such little content to them in the campaign and noone really wanted to make levels around them so they were useless. The fact you couldn't pick which one you wanted to use as well was annoying when the game partially sold them on that
>>
>>378403619
>but also died off for whatever reasons.
I think Sony fans aren't autistic enough desu.

Think how many Nintendo games stick around through liquid autism. Sure you have one or two neglected franchises like F-Zero or Metroid, but the rest of their games never die.
>>
>>378403693
Because they felt so forced, no one asked for them and given the type of game LBP is you don't really need them because you'll just make their gimmick a mechanic in your level if you really want it.
>>
>>378400508
this, not to mention the awful community that would rather play Bomb Survival Copy #23543245342 than anything new
>>
File: Dumpty.png (168KB, 491x277px) Image search: [Google]
Dumpty.png
168KB, 491x277px
>>378400434
littlebigplanet was that the first one was amazing becuase it felt genuine and really cute and amazing becuase it was out of the ordinary and surreal. the problem with it was something that couldnt be recreated twice which when the sequel came around we've already seen it before and it didnt feel as amazing. the giant skateboard was what really suprised me and i thought it was really cute
>>
>>378403335
this stage was fucking hilarious
>>
>tfw met my best friends over a shitty forum after i needed help with a new account for lbp1 dlc's

It's been almost 8 years or so.
One of the reasons LBP has a big place in my heart, too bad they killed it with 3.
>>
>>378400434
Do people still play it online? the PSP servers are rip. not sure if all the PS3 servers are still up just fine.
>>
>>378405964
people play on ps4, friend was on newest levels last night and got a pleb in with him.
>>
>>378400434
LBP3 came out and literally no one cared.
Even the announcement at E3 felt like not even Sony gave a fuck about it.
>>
>>378400434
I thought Groot looked like sackboy too. I even told my brother
>>
>>378400508
It's a shame because I loved lbp1 and 2, played hundreds of hours, maybe even more than a thousand between the two, but I got tired after the community was just copy pasted levels fishing for hearts, and you had to dig between thousands of levels to find a few that were good. By the time 3 got announced I wasn't too excited for a new game, then when it came out I heard the complains which only made me not even wanting to try it.

>>378403730
>b-but nintendo
What the fuck, why did you post that out of nowhere, it's not like the guy was shitposting.Are you so autistic that you can't spend a minute without doing consolewars in a thread without consolewars at all?
>>
I barely played LBP3 after loving the first two. Just playing user-created stages was a chore due to all the bugs and no way to read level descriptions, and the new physics and layer changes broke some of 1 & 2's levels.
>>
>claim that LBP1 didn't need sequels, they can just add more shit into the builder mode
>release 2 more games anyway
>>
>>378401781
It was the fucking flagshipcwhen the PS3 came out, Sackboy is still the mascot of the ps3
>>
>>378400434
LBP3 for the PS3 was absolutely fucking awful that's why. I remember getting it and sitting down for some two player fun times but it took something like two fucking hours to even patch up and load, even then when we got to play it the framerate was utterly fucking atrocious with load times out the ass.

LBP1 was great and loads of fun, LBP2 was the tuned up sequel, how could they fuck it up so much?
>>
>>378412493
media molecule didn't make it
>>
>>378400434
Lbp3 was a load of crap. Barely playable at times unless you restarted levels constantly.
The game design was nowhere near the quality of lbp1 and 2. Developers sucked.

Lbp2 was worth releasing a sequel for but Lbp3 on ps4 was a rushed hack job and doesn't deserve any more sequels unless they tighten that shit up. Also you can do all the stuff in there without having it so complicated now. They need to rework the whole system.
>>
>>378412493
LPB3 not to mention had console locked content on the disc (ingame items) that you could only get of you had a PS4.
>>
>>378412493
It was sumo digital who are great, so how did they screw it up so much?
>>
They made 3 games. You can't really do much more at this point.
>>
>>378413675
>They made 3 games. You can't really do much more at this point.

3D adventure game

3D kart

turn LBP into the "Mario of PlayStation"
>>
>>378413589
I respect sumo digital as a developer, but they have made some fuckups once in a while.
Like Forza Horizon 2 for Xbox 360.
>>
>>378413970
>turn LBP into the "Mario of PlayStation"
but then it would be going strong to this day and that ain't happening
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.