[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save the Xbox brand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 22

File: XboxLogo.jpg (53KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
XboxLogo.jpg
53KB, 1200x630px
How do we save the Xbox brand?
>>
weeb games
>>
>>378397369
Reboot Fable
Get Halo back to its roots
Gears series is fine I think
Crackdown 3
Force Rare to reboot Banjo
Scorpio 499$
Pay devs to reboot old beloved series exclusively on Xbox, Soulcalibur
>>
>>378397369
same way you save any brand

You spend your money on it
>>
>>378397369
Scalebound
>>
>>378397674
Pretty much.
>>
>>378397369
You can't. It's being used to sell Windows 10 now.
>>
>>378397369
It's not dying anytime soon.
>>
>>378397912
maybe i'm in the minority here but that game looked stupid as hell and not once did i think it was good. I'm gladd they cancelled it and kept the IP to stop the nips from releasing that trash
>>
You don't. Thankfully. Good riddance.
>>
>>378397674
add fix the mcc to this list and it's perfect
>>
>>378398079
I agree. It looked like complete shit the last time they ever showed gameplay.
>>
File: 1450218132164.jpg (118KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450218132164.jpg
118KB, 848x900px
>>378397674
>If Microsoft cancels their gaming division, Rare's IPs are gone forever
>Even then, we're not seeing any Rare franchises return any time soon

>Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts killed the Banjo-Kazooie franchise
>Conker was dumped into Project Spark and arguably killed interest in that game for almost everyone

>Meanwhile Ratchet & Clank got rebooted, and that game was pretty good
>Crash is getting a full-fledged remake and it looks pretty good too
>>
>>378397674
>get halo back to its roots

Its way too far gone friend.

The only way to save xbox is to make it shit on the PS just like the 360 did on the PS3. Sure a lot of faggotry with fankids but people would undoubtly choose the more powerful system just like the change from 7th to 8th gen
>>
>>378398183
>Microsoft releases their financials on their game division
>it shows that their very profitable
>faggots like this still make bait threads of the game division dying
It's going to be real funny when Microsoft and Nintendo are the only ones left in the game industry.
>>
There is pc for indie titles and stuff like hunting games, shooters and online garbage, there is PS4 for rpgs, the same stuff as on pc but a bit later and lower graphics and there is Nintendo for children and autists, There really is no use for XBox.
>>
>>378399189
>There is pc for indie titles and stuff like hunting games, shooters and online garbage, there is XB1 for rpgs, the same stuff as on pc but a bit later and lower graphics and there is Nintendo for children and autists, There really is no use for PS4.

See how fucking stupid fanboys look
>>
>>378397369
put halo, gears, and whatever other stupid projects or sad attempts at rehash on hiatus. bite the bullet, pay for a handful of second party shooters, tom clancy esque games to get their old 360 audience back.
>>
>>378397369
Literally just more games. The console itself is arguably better than a ps4, but its had almost no exclusives for several years.

For long term fix, a more friendly, and inclusive head team that works with indie devs, foreign devs, and opens and supports it's own studios to make better and more games.
>>
>>378399424
Not him nor do I own a PS4 im a PCfag, xbox does not really have any RPGs "exclusively"
>>
>>378397369
It's already dead. Accept it.
>>
>>378400451
every console has exclusives faggot, just because it doesnt have the games you want doesnt mean it doesnt have games. That why you buy them all. As a 'PCfag' you of all people should understand this or do you play your RTS on consoles and racing games on your keyboard?
>>
>>378398540
It would probably be hell. Having a company have the monopoly while the other one does its own thing is a recipe for disaster
>>
I'd like my xbone to hold an additional claymore pls
>>
>>378400639
You can buy a gamepad for racing games.

Actually, with the input options available, it's arguably better to play racing games on the PC.
>>
>>378397369
Let it die. Microsoft should focus on PC.
>>
>>378400801
yeah I know but I couldnt think of any game worth playing on console over PC.

Just using it as an example of options. Having more is always better. If console gaming goes the way of PS only with niche nintendo markets then gaming is fucked
>>
If I were in charge, I would release the Scorpio and taut it as a GAMING first console, where the user experience is solely dedicated to gaming in all aspects. It would be nothing more than a 4K Gaming Device with game broadcasting capabilites, while the Xbox One would be marketed towards consumers looking for an all-in-one entertainment package.

I'd also work furiously with developers around the world to create new and fresh exclusive titles for the Scorpio platform, hoping to push out 10 new titles in the first year of the Scorpio's life, ranging from action, horror, and RPGs. I'd also be looking at companies Xbox has done business with in the past, try to mend relations, and hopefully snag some exclusive remakes or sequels to beloved titles, to get people interested. In the same token, I'd also work hard to fully implement complete backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 and OG Xbox titles, with OG Xbox titles costing $5 and 360 titles costing $10, respectively, if you were to purchase them from the Xbox store.

I'd also bring Gears and Halo back to 360 days, strip the microtransactions outside of worthwhile DLC, and focus on more fun/intimate experiences. I'd also lower the cost of Xbox Live to $25 for a year, while keeping the 4 free games each month. I'd also disband Xbox on PC and move any of those titles onto Steam.

And finally... I'd have exclusive summer gaming events each year, with the first being a new 1 vs 100 title to run for the summer.

BOOM. Fixed and dominates the competition.
>>
>>378400915

Seconding this. Rebrand the whole damn thing as a digital distribution service app for W10. Sell Xbox controllers to compete with Valve's Steam controller.
>>
Honest thought: its too late, and ms knows it.

They had their difficulty against the ps2 and GC, but it did pay off with the 360. The ps3 fucked up big time with the 600 price tag and they moved in. Even with the large headstart, Sony somehow caught up with them. And sold more by the end of the gen.

Then ms lost their minds and fucked up the xbone. It will take years to recover the lost clients.

The "xbox and w10 exclusive" already made it pretty clear to they are sacrificing the xbox brand to ms new goldmine, the win10. I will not be surprised at all if next gen they go full steamboxes.
>>
>>378398107
>add fix the mcc to this list and it's perfect
It's 2017. MCC has been fixed for longer than it was ever broken at this point now.
>>
>>378398343
One normally would chose the most powerful one, no doubt. But PS looks more varied whereas XBox feels more like the dudebro machine with FPS and racing games

In the end libraries are the deciding factor
>>
why bother its not like consoles will ever catch up to PC anyway so why not just drop them all and force the poorfags to buy a decent PC?
>>
>>378397369

You don't. Let it die, rebrand the MS games under W10 or whatever (not like anyone will miss them), and leave the consoles to Sony, MS, and maybe a more competent third competitor.
>>
File: opinions.jpg (66KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
66KB, 768x614px
>>378401134
>The "xbox and w10 exclusive" already made it pretty clear to they are sacrificing the xbox brand to ms new goldmine, the win10. I will not be surprised at all if next gen they go full steamboxes.
>>
File: its ok .jpg (203KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
its ok .jpg
203KB, 1000x563px
>>378401197
>xbox is dudebro

That hasnt been relevant since 2012 new friend
>>
>>378397369
Give it more enticing exclusives without porting elsewhere. That's pretty much the point of consoles nowadays.
Otherwise just go on PC and put games exclusively on their Windows store.
>>
>>378398079
Nah I saw a ton of posts on /v/ ripping on it before it got canned. It could have gone either way, but the fact of the matter stands they had a really good dev working on a game for their game-less console and killed it. They dropped one of their only possible reasons to buy their console.

I thought it looked fun though.
>>
>>378401341
Talking of which, did anything worthwhile come out of that Sony supporting Indies crap?
>>
>>378401419
>Otherwise just go on PC and put games exclusively on their Windows store
Once again they are not going to do this because Windows Store is a fucking failure, when will you faggots understand this?
>>
>>378401609
Just because they finally put Quantum Break on Steam doesn't mean they're gonna put everything else on it.
>>
>>378401341
PS gives you access to a plethora of superior japshit in addition to BRball and Madden.
Xbox just gives you BRball and Madden.
>>
>>378398079
You're not the game looked like shit, I hope whoever they get to make it does a better job then Platinum did.
>>
File: Master Race.png (498KB, 1326x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Master Race.png
498KB, 1326x2000px
>>378397369
Why save it when you have the superior gaming platform?
>>
>tfw as an old xbox fag i'd rather buy an old ps3 and play the exclusives i missed out than an xbone
>>
>>378401701
What the fuck are you even talking about? You and me are talking about two completely different things, I said they're not abandoning the Xbox because unlike the Windows Store it's making a profit just compare Gears of War 4 Xbox One to Windows 10, you can barely find games in the Windows 10 edition.
>>
That's like asking for your cancer back after chemo.
>>
>>378401724
sorry friend but youre weebshit is like 10000 on the list of most played games. At the top of the PS list is COD. Its the same for xbox.

Youre shitty niche games dont account for anything other than your personal opinion
>>
>>378401903
what exclusives? I'm curious.
>>
>>378402079
Memebourne, Meme Souls, and The Last of Memes, naturally.
>>
>>378402159
>ps3

youre a fucking retard
>>
>>378402079
>god of war
>silent hills
>metal gear solid collection
>last of us
>beyond 2 souls
>heavy rain
>>
>>378402159
huh.

neither has any worthwhile exclusives really.

well, sony has ratchet and clank, but that series is pretty much done now.
>>
>>378402201
It's almost 3am over here, anon, I swear I thought I saw ps4. I'm taking a break.
>>
>>378401341
I'm not trying to use meme here, what does Xbox currently have other than Forza, GoW and Halo? (Sony is mostly Uncharted/cinematic stuff and weebshit. It's not like there's a winning hand in here)
>>
>>378402079
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the only game PS3 ever had.
>>
>>378402412
what about gran turismo ?

also the new title by kojima is multiplatform ?
>>
>>378402462
>MGS4
>"game"

At least Demon's Souls qualifies
>>
>>378402412
I have no idea. I only use consoles to play games with my RL friends that dont own PCs but saying its a dudebro console is just fucking stupid. Might as well say that PS is only for gooks because le weebshit while youre at it
>>
>>378397674
THIS! I'm a Sony gut but I loved the 360. I was sad to see the Xbox go downhill so fast. Kinda felt like WWF buying WCW and ECW back in the day. Titles like Ass effect 3 have really put a bad taste in people's mouth.
>>
>>378402079
Demon's Souls
Yakuza 3 and 4
Dragon's Crown
>>
Without Japanese support it'll be hard to compete now. Even though there's a strong market in the west for weeb games, the slew of 360 RPGs did nothing for its popularity in Japan.
>>
>>378397674
>Reboot Fable
>Fable died before they could make that game that seemed kinda interesting in London with a darker tone

Frick
>>
>>378399189
I fucking kek'd so hard at this
>>
>>378399189
t. IQ level 60
>>
>>378401994
What's your fucking point?
>>
>>378400983
Why ain't this nigga hired by micro or sony is a galaxy beyond any of us
>>
>>378397369
I'm literally mad at Microsoft for this shit. I feel like they owe me $300. Literally no reason to own an Xbox One, to a degree never before seen by a console. Shits worthless.
>>
>>378397369
$100-150 dollar Micro 360 sku
1terrabyte storage
built in wireless ethernet etc etc
built in kinect
four ports on the front
built on being THE set top box, streaming, cheap pc, gaming console that every single home will have.

Halo reboot. No local co-op on a fucking halo game? Who in gods name thought they were going to get away with that shit!
That bullshit ALONE shit tanked ALL of the hype most people would ever have for the xb1.
Gears reboot
Make crackdown a T for teen super power based GTA.
Get those Rare IPs out of storage and put them on the digital market place. Make them so that they can play on the 360 and XB1.
Become the local co-op focused console and hint at being a good console to have along with the switch.

XB1 will double and tripple down on getting all of those top 360 games while going for as many mid tier games as possible. Going after the budget middle ground that was lost last gen.
Make the XB1 as dead simple to use as possible and get rid of all of the excess bullshit that acts as a big goddamned mile wide wall that people have to wade through to get to the games.
Put games in and play, click on library and play, go watch streaming media or stored media or surf the web.

Japan's gaming division is fucked. They have the ps4 or the switch and that's all.
MS throwing some cash at a few companies so they can have their own jap games and act as a way to get smaller known games out there makes sense.
>>
>>378403254
thats your opinions dont mean fuck all to anyone other than yourself because consoles are made for marketed to and played by casuals that just want to come home and shoot stuff
>>
>>378401134
>Sony somehow caught up with them. And sold more by the end of the gen.
Microsoft pipped them AGAIN after that, I believe.
>>
>Frequently tauted the Xbone as a failure
>At the same time downplaying every sales failure of the Wii U after a YEAR head start with the Xbone easily selling more than double than it
Really makes you think.
>>
>>378401134
Shut the fuck up I already explain the failure of the Windows Store to another guy. See>>378401938
>>
>>378403653
>marketed to and played by casuals that just want to come home and shoot stuff

are you like 12 ?

how did dark souls / demon souls explode in such a way then ?

fucking retard
>>
>>378403365

Because it would lose ms a ton of money and investors and would bail. That was post was equivalent to neofag unrealistic bs.
>>
>>378403847
SO HARDCORE GAMEPLAY
and DEEP STORY

It's one of those things that people do to make themselves feel like they're elite or better then someone else combined with wanting to be part of something.

it's good for what it is, but it's popularity is in large part do to good marketing and word of mouth.
>>
>>378403847
>I only work in absolutes

So youre asking me if I am underage but you cant even comprehend a 4 post chain?

Who the fuck said ONLY CASUALS play consoles? thats right NOBODY did you fucking idiot. I merely stated the facts that the vast majority on console players play very very casual games like COD and madden just to relax after their day then you throw your toys out the cot because you dont like those facts
>>
Everyone is missing the point. When did Sony really gain the upper hand? When they pulled their stupid "this is how you trade ps games" gif or whatever it was.

PS4 isn't selling more than X1 because it's a better console (the majority of people can tell no difference in the visuals between X1 and PS4 games), it has better features, or because it has more games. The PS4 is selling more because they literally created the narrative that the PS4 was "for the gamers" and used guerilla marketing to influence the gaming community that the X1 was muh evil anti-game.

It was honestly quite brilliant.
>>
>>378404770
Exactly if Microsoft can reinvent themselves the same way this E3 they can gain back what they lost.
>>
>>378404621
>implying and projecting
>the post

you're not fooling anyone cunt, dont try to backpedal with excuses.
you said consoles is just for casual FPS players, when in reality thats simply not true.

> I merely stated the facts that the vast majority on console players play very very casual games like COD and madden
>source, my ass
>>
>>378397674
>Reboot Fable
Fable was never good, let it go.
>Get Halo back to its roots
Halo multi is fine and 343i can't write for shit. Halo is never going to get back its former glory, the MCC was the last chance and the blew it.
>Gears series is fine I think
And completely forgettable. It had a good run but time to let it go.
>Crackdown 3
This needs to be good and live up to the hype and promises or else they're fucked.
>Force Rare to reboot Banjo
You already got Yooka Laylie and nobody gave a shit because that genre is dead.
>Scorpio 499$
Yes.
>Pay devs to reboot old beloved series exclusively on Xbox, Soulcalibur
Already got backwards compatibility, make NEW games with NEW IP.
>>
>>378397369
gta vi xbone exclusive
>>
>>378405015
>Halo multi is fine and 343i can't write for shit. Halo is never going to get back its former glory, the MCC was the last chance and the blew it.
This, at least Halo 6 will be better than Halo 4 and 5 even though it will never come close to Halo 1-3. Master Chief and split screen should bring many back to the series again and the game can sell Halo 4 numbers again.
>>
>>378405013
where was the implying and projections my stupid nigger friend?

All you have done is paraphrased my post and claim thats what I said when in fact your reading comprehension is that of a 7 year old and you look like a huge fucking retard right now.

Also not backpedaling at all. Consoles playerbase is majority casual players that like games like madden fifa and COD. Id post the played lists but There is literally no reason for me to prove anything to you as you have made no point at all other than you cant read properly

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>378397369
Sell it to Google.

Microsoft are only good at seizing control in the PC industry then driving it down the drain.

Google can pretty much do anything, sell it cheap and still make hundreds of millions off it.
>>
>>378397674
Shitty nostalgia people like you are the reason why Xbox sucks.
Fuck Halo and Gears.
Fuck Fable.
Fuck Banjo. You've had your chance with Yooka Laylee and it was shit.

Bring some new, good IPs. Breath of fresh air. Invest in them and shove them into people's throats until they love it.
>>
>>378405015
>Fable was never good, let it go.
God thank you
>Halo multi is fine and 343i can't write for shit. Halo is never going to get back its former glory, the MCC was the last chance and the blew it.
A badly written solo campaign and no local co-op? Halo is shitting the bed hardcore.
>And completely forgettable. It had a good run
but time to let it go.
This. BUT Gears is like microsofts RE movies. They just keep going and going and going and despite everyone SAYING they're trash, they aren't horribad, they make money and they deliver on what they promise.
>>Crackdown 3
>This needs to be good and live up to the hype and promises or else they're fucked.
What promises? Bunch of random assholes running around blowing up buildings? The fuck gives a fuck about shooting up buildings.
The real fun of crackdown was getting super powerful and throwing cars at people.
>>Force Rare to reboot Banjo
>You already got Yooka Laylie and nobody gave a shit because that genre is dead.
Explain MineCraft. It's litterally the worlds biggest collectathon.
>>Scorpio 499$
>Yes.
Gross
>>Pay devs to reboot old beloved series exclusively on Xbox, Soulcalibur
>Already got backwards compatibility, make NEW games with NEW IP.
New games vs older games that people want to play? The former is nice but the latter is what keeps people coming back and keeps them there.
>>
>>378404770
The PS4 was also $400 at launch compared to the $500 Xbone and offered an identical or sometimes better experience in games (like BF4).
>>
>>378405264
>consoles are just for casuals and cod fans
>consoles start the soulsborne series that has been one if not the most successful series in the last couple of years
>not an fps or a fifa game
>calls me a retard
kek
>Id post the played lists but There is literally no reason for me to prove anything
kek*2

what about FPS like cod / cs / bf /overwatch on pc ?
>n-not c-c-casual at all
>muh master elite race

proven wrong and blown the fuck out again
>>
>>378405438
That's very true.

That did help, I'll give you that. Not by much though. The gaming community desires to be a part of something far more than they desire saving $100. They want to be on the "winning" team so they can feel important, superior, and have their purchase and opinion validated. Sony convinced everyone they were the winning team before the consoles even launched. Ms never had a chance.
>>
>>378404770
Yeah this was what did it. I would say technologically it's the superior console anyway but that wasn't the reason it succeeded. Most of the shit they chastised Microsoft for they were going to do themselves, then of course they forced paid online and such and made it difficult to even so much as turn the console off.
>>
File: angery.jpg (451KB, 1956x1395px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
451KB, 1956x1395px
>>378397369
It's doomed. No exclusives, no gaems, an underpowered shitty early black big shitbox of a console, kinect jewery

Literally killed Halo with one of the most low-effort and badly written and presented games I've ever seen.

I hate the Xbone solely for killing Halo, but it's a terrible console in general. I want it to crash and burn and make microsoft forced to pander to PC users until the end of time.

Fuck you Xbox One. Fuck you.
>>
File: s29v2CY.jpg (109KB, 800x871px) Image search: [Google]
s29v2CY.jpg
109KB, 800x871px
FIRST PARTY
SINGLE PLAYER
GAMES
>>
>>378405648
>consoles are just for casuals and COD fans

I never said that though you uneducated negroid. I said

"consoles are made for marketed to and played by casuals that just want to come home and shoot stuff"
Nice try though

Also I never bought up PCs at all. Thats your cognitive dissonance putting that garbage in your head.

Go do your homework and maybe Ill take you seriously
>>
>>378405991
>Actually caring for Gaylo
Halo wasn't even a good franchise. It was only popular for those fat kid custom games. It's good that Microsoft can focus on other games.
>>
>>378406207
Even "BASED PHIL SPENCER" has said single-player games on on their way out and it's all about "games as a service" now.
>>
>>378406320
You're probably right, Halo was a better book series than it was a game series.
>>
>>378397369
Make ninja gaiden 2 BC and i will get a scorpio day one

Why keep the best game ever only on 360? Its time to make the xb1 emulate that shit already!
>>
How do WE save the Xbox brand? As consumers the best we can do is contact them through social media etc and let them know when they do good (this has a much bigger impact than you'd think, Phil checks his twitter), support games that follow that vision at full price, and don't ever be tempted by sales or offers on games that don't. Speak with your wallet, let them know. We can't do much more.
>>
>>378405428
>A badly written solo campaign and no local co-op? Halo is shitting the bed hardcore.
At least split screen is returning along with Master Chief starting with Halo 6 and all FPS Halo games from now on.
>>
>>378406339
>BASED PHIL SPENCER

I don't know if you are being ironic but yeah. Consoles are NOTHING without singleplayer AAA games. Gaming as a service is where the PC excels. He literally doesn't give a fuck about his console dying.
>>
>>378406339
Yep.

The money is in xbl. Games as a service means you have to get an xbl sub.
>>
>>378406495
>How do WE save the Xbox brand?
Stop asking this stupid ass question the Xbox brand made $6.6 billion, enough of this bullshit. I swear you faggots are getting worse than the Nintendoomed faggots.
>>
>>378406249
>3 year old excuses
>n-nigger

/pol/tard retards being complete dunces in front of everyone
everytime
>>
>>378406495
Is this copypasted from reddit or something?
>>
>>378406457
That I can agree with.
>>
>>378406495
>support games that follow that vision at full price
>>378406339
>Even "BASED PHIL SPENCER" has said single-player games on on their way out

What the fuck are you even on about ? That's it, seriously. The Xbox is dead. Exuboxu ga shinda.
Come on Nintendo and PS4 are objectively doing pretty well and all the xbox has is a co-op pirate game that was made only to force people buy more gold subscriptions.
>>
>>378406565
The OP says "how do we". I explained how. I don't support Microsoft, but what I said is universally true for consumers of pretty much anything.
>>
>>378406249
>"consoles are made for marketed to and played by casuals that just want to come home and shoot stuff"

says who ?
you ?
kek

90% of the pc gaming community is made of data/mmo fags

so using your logic pc are made and marketed only for that audience ?
>>
>>378406664
>I explained how

XBOX NI GEMU WA ARIMASEN
>>
File: 1467320830626.jpg (48KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1467320830626.jpg
48KB, 368x475px
>>378406585
>constantly trying to attack me for stating the facts about consoles most played games
>getting worked up on your favourite cambodian cooking website

Like I said before when you do your homework and make a valid point Ill gladly entertain youre retardation.
>>
>>378406585
Nicely meme'd, but still not an argument.
Troll harder, faggot
>>
>>378403917
But it wouldn't; outsourcing productions of key products, such as exclusive titles, is done all the time, and if the products are made by competent developers, both parties win. Most of Halo is done by two different studios anymore. Also, all you have to do is spend more on advertising and favorable reviews, which can change most of the populace's opinion on matters, especially when the target audience is clearly braindead in a lot of ways. Nothing I typed is unrealistic nor is it more costly than what Microsoft is currently doing; which is barely treading water.

Everything I stated can be accomplished if you follow a implementation timeline and dribble said content out, outside of the exclusives. If Microsoft walked out on to E3 tomorrow, announced Scorpio as a 4k machine that was in the consumer budget and exclusively for gaming, announced the One as an all-in-one entertainment, and then showed trailers/gameplay for 15 new, or remastered games, from famous devs across the world, most of /v/ would sperg out.

And it's easy enough to implement shitty features that would keep "drones" happy, just browse the forums, see what they want, etc.
>>
>>378406661
I'm saying if a theoretical game comes out shortly after E3, support it early. They care about sales in the first week. Poorfags waiting for a sale, as much as they might mean well, still make it look likr there's no interest since they don't show in Microsoft's stats.
>>
>>378406778
>says who

the highest played games list of 2016-2017 for both PSN and XBL. You can look them up anytime you wish just use this website called google and you can find most information
>>
>>378406812
>>378406821
this
>>378406778
>>
Xbox needs more first party exclusives, don't just get platinum or whoever to build game for you, have teams in-house.

Sony and Nintnedo's strength comes from having a lot of developers in house, for whatever reason MS has abandoned or killed most of their in-house teams, maybe because some idiot accountant decided that hiring an outside studio for a duration of a project rater than having a full time team is more cost effective.
>>
>>378406931
this
>>378406883
>>
Just wanted to ask, was Fable ever really good, I have the original but I always have a tough time finishing it, not because it's hard but because I get bored of it?
>>
>>378406826

Yeah ok I was wrong. Looking over it again the only thing I would disagree with is lowering xbl price.
>>
File: History will repeat itself.jpg (524KB, 1771x1988px) Image search: [Google]
History will repeat itself.jpg
524KB, 1771x1988px
>>378397369
Not even Microsoft wants to save it, so why would you go through the effort?

They are just turning it into a Steambox. Let them kill the brand. What did you EVER get out of it? The biggest influencers are ALL multiplat or dead now.

-Halo's studio, Bungie, went multiplat
-Gears studio moved away from Gears of War. it's now (not that it wasn't before) a soulless cashcow, and a bad one at that, AND multiplat
-Forza hasn't changed drastically since Forza3, and Forza Horizon is multiplat. Also was Forza ever "THE" reason to pick an Xbox?
-Fable as a franchise and its studio are both dead

What IS there to save at this point? I'm genuinely curious. Everything Microsoft if doing with Xbox right now feels so fucking forced, every single step feels like a pure PR move. They cancel interesting projects left and right and close studios and end exclusivity contracts, but then they come up with lesser attempts at impressive their target market. Shit like "Hey! Here's another way of playing old games, because THAT'S why you got an XBone" or "Hey we totally canceled that remake you wanted so much, but here is a re-release of Phatom Dust! WOOO!".

Just let Xbox die, it's not like it EVER had a long-term chance. It was always a short-term poor attempt at getting money from a new market. Every single Xbox console had legs for 2 or 3 years but then it always loses all exclusives and lives off of multiplats for the rest of the generation.
Let them die, they never wanted to live in the first place.

t. Xbox-only and Xbox360-only owner of their respective generations
>>
>>378407042
Fuck no.
It was always trash.
Just absolute rubbish.
it was only pushed as great and what not by microsofts and lionhead's marketing team.
They needed their very own rpg and they got it.
>>
>>378397369
>How do we save the Xbox brand?

Mount&Blade: Bannerlord console exclusivity revealed at E3 2017 in two weeks.
>>
>>378406661
>Come on Nintendo and PS4 are objectively doing pretty well and all the xbox has is a co-op pirate game that was made only to force people buy more gold subscriptions
MORE THAN DOUBLE THE WII U
I think we'll wait until the Switch sells more than 26 million to make a judgement
>Exuboxu ga shinda
Weeb rots the brain I see.
>>
>>378406883

your argument is still invalid, let me show to your undersized autistic brain why

>hurr durr the most played games on consoles are fps and fifa

this does not in any way mean

>consoles are made for and marketed to and played by casuals

that's just you generalizing the entire market, beacause you dont know/play any other types of games.
As i said the same kind of players are the majority on pc too, so does it mean that the entire pc gaming market is aimed there ?
>>
>>378407160
there is 2, maybe 3 games tops on the ps3 side that are actually good. sonys feminist nu male approved cinematic movies and anime shovelware are, in fact, not video games.
>>
>>378407113
You essentially have to. On one hand, you have the PC playerbase that doesn't have to pay for access to the Xbox Live service, which caused those on Xbox consoles to complain. Then you have both Nintendo and Sony, both having paid online, but the biggest competitor being Sony. If you drop the price to $25, Sony either has to follow suite, or you get the Internet cogs turning saying "Oh, but Xbox has (insert all these new exclusive titles) and now online is $25 and I get 5 free games from 3 generations?". And at a lower cost point, more people, especially the casual audience, would be willing to fork it over as opposed to $50. True, you probably lose the idiots that pay the $10 per month, but it'd be an alright sacrifice.

You could then introduce a new membership tier, call it Pro or whatever clever gimmicky name, later down the road, and have it roll not online access to online features, but access to Xbox's new Games on Demand service, and consumers will see the value and eat it up.

This shit is simple, but Microsoft clearly has no focus in any direction because they're 15 years too late to try and start building a closed eco-system like Apple and Google.
>>
>>378407190
I feel the series needs a reboot, maybe make it like Zelda Breath of the Wild. I love Crackdown and Halo, and I like Gears of Wars. I wish they would bring back a lot of old Rare titles but Recore looks promising they just need to iron out all the mishaps in that game, but Fable needs a reboot, not a sequel with a combat system similar to Zelda.
>>
>>378407634
Fable was always a shitty rip off of zelda with a stupid rpg system and deeply retarded morality and reltionship system on top.
>>
>>378407160
>Just let Xbox die

exuboxu wo shinu dake
>>
wait until next gen. whoever fucks up the least will be good to go
>>
>>378407395
>consoles advertised on TV
>advertised with childrens games and COD
>advertised with meme shit like singing and dancing games
>these are marketed at hardcore gamers

See how fucking stupid you look friend. They dont need to market at le hardcore faggotry because they know they will buy the shit they put out anyway. Games like DS and SF dont get huge marketing campaigns on TV as well for the exact same reasons.

Why are you so butthurt that 6-60 year olds like to sit on the couch and play casual games on a system you prefer to not play those casual games on? How do those people affecting the stats hurt your feelings?

>As i said the same kind of players are the majority on pc too, so does it mean that the entire pc gaming market is aimed there ?

I have literally never seen a single ad on TV for an intel processor or Nvidia GPU so I dont think they advertise much at all. Maybe on some websites with little ads but I have yet to see one so I wouldnt know. Maybe they do market $1000 gpus to casual 7 year olds
>>
>>378407774
No wonder I lost interest fast, at least Crackdown 3 looks like it will be fun loved the first one and it's good to see Crackdown 3 return to the series roots.
>>
>>378407963
I never thought id care for crackdown, i was like most and got it for the halo 3 beta. But it turned out to be the only open world game i have ever liked. Going back to that but with destruction like battlefield is fucking all i wanted, i hope it does well this year
>>
>>378407839
nevermind you actually have reading comprehension problems and or mental illness
>>
>>378408097
I didn't think it would be good but then I played it and holy shit was it surprisingly good. I love throwing cars at my enemies and then blowing then up with a grenade or rocket it's so fun especially when you max out.
>>
>>378408145
>nevermind I actually have reading comprehension problems

Lucky you found out now so you can correct yourself before you grow up and look stupid in front of real people
>>
>>378408330
Oh yeah, the impact when hitting something is extremely well done in crackdown, especially if you have a rocket and juggle them, or launch them off giant fucking buildings. Never knew how it did in sales but i think most people that played it liked it. Both 1 and 2 are like $3 on sale right now, theyll probably become BC within a few weeks
>>
making even less sense with post
>>
>>378408145
>retaliating with insults due to being unable to provide any counter-argumentative statements
Once again, troll harder, faggot
>>
>>378407963
All they need to do is make it 4player local co-op and find a way to add in larger enviornments where they can do all of that big crazy stuff like t hrowing cars jumping for miles in the sky and punching holes through buildings. Etc etc.
>>
>>378408725
>retaliating with insults due to being unable to provide any counter-argumentative statements
>Once again, troll harder, faggot

(you) got BTFO

accept it

learn from it

and move on
>>
>>378408983
thats not even me you stupid cunt. You didnt make a single point all you did was cry that your favourite platform is considered a casual market place by the industry.

Go cry yourself to sleep
>>
File: 8934754.jpg (21KB, 427x245px) Image search: [Google]
8934754.jpg
21KB, 427x245px
>>378397369
>Save the Xbox brand
>While Microsoft is "hemorrhaging" money

Microsoft needs to stop the yearly rushed-out-the-door releases of outsourced pajeet coded software, stop with the corporate customers are a commodity bullshit, and start focusing on maintaining and improving on their products like they promised back with XP. Microsoft is in a dangerous place and they risk fucking over the industry unless they can stop having wet dreams about charging a monthly fee with lockout features for software usage, forcing universal invasive data collection, and outsourcing to pajeets in the name of cutting maintenance costs when they release a new version of everything every fucking year. The guys in charge of their divisions don't even know how their fucking software works. You won't see the Xbox brand being saved unless this shit changes.

Imagine how their profits would look if they just focused on maintaining universal versions of software, started selling worthwhile updates for a yearly fee, stopped spreading their labor force thin across yearly software releases, and kept people who actually know what the fuck they're doing working for them. Wow. It's almost like you could lay off your legion of indian bug coders and save more money by just maintaining your software packages. The goddamn linux meme is becoming a reality I never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>378409097

again not making sense, and backpedalling

now you mention the """industry""" when you started complaining about consoles having "casual" players, because you got proven wrong.

keep going on all day with this nonsense if it makes you feel better, fattie
>>
>>378409582
>still no point
>still cant refute any facts
>still crying that casuals play on his system

Its not like the casuals are gonna get you in your sleep anon. Its ok

I thought you left like 4 posts ago when you admitted you had difficulty reading
>>
>>378409716
>projecting that i have problems with casuals on a system
>projecting
i already proven to everyone in here that your point about "consols are only for casuals" is invalid .

>n-no
>i actually meant something else
>y-you cant read
>>
File: crying faggotry.gif (274KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
crying faggotry.gif
274KB, 350x200px
>>378409932
>projections only ok when I do it

oh you dont like that my widdle baby? Ohh does that hurt your fee fees more than knowing your system is for casuals? Its ok mommy make you a hot coco before bedtime ok honey
>>
>>378408470
By the way, how is Crackdown 2, I've been meaning to buy it for myself?
>>
>>378410070
Unfortunately havent played it. I did buy it from the sale this week however, but not sure if i want to play 2 open world games this year. Its on my 360 and i will get to it, just dont know when. Looks fun and demented from what i have seen though
>>
File: Y7HIBfM.jpg (42KB, 960x693px) Image search: [Google]
Y7HIBfM.jpg
42KB, 960x693px
>>378410069
>he tries to be funny projecting his own autism on others

(you) in pic related
did i hurt you when i talked about the pc online community?
im so sorry, you sure are the master race
here's the pacifier
>>
>>378410378
>did It hurt you when I talked about the PC community?

Why the fuck would it? I play on playstation idiot. See thats your cognitive dissonance flaring up again
>>
>>378410484
>See thats your cognitive dissonance flaring up again

that is basically in every single post you made
>>
>>378409338
Nigga.
M$ can just open source the Dos and NT branches of windows and sue everymotherfucker who dares use it for their own product into the poor house forever.

They would in a matter of months basically own every single computer of any size and decimate linux on nearly every single front.

I'm not even sure if android would survive the onslaught.
>>
>>378410591
because you are clearly getting triggered by the facts
>>
File: 1427499333115.jpg (48KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1427499333115.jpg
48KB, 600x484px
>>378403791
>>
>>378397369
is doing pretty good with the no game policy I got mine and I'm pretty happy with it
>>
>>378401994
FIFA is the most played game on both Xbox and PS4
>>
xbox best box
>>
>>378401341
PS4 has sold twice as many units as the Xbox. It stands to reason, then, that popular multiplat games will sell better on PS than Xbox. The PS brand has always been more for normies than the Xbox, given the PS2 was so ubiquitous.

The point is that Sony's library is far more varied, catering to more genres and possessing a lot of Japanese games, while the Xbox has basically primarily been the home of shooters, racing and sports through much of its existence with little deviation.
>>
File: 1491585791537.png (13KB, 264x233px) Image search: [Google]
1491585791537.png
13KB, 264x233px
>>378397369

You can't, you wont

Not unless Phil stops being vague about 'new ips'

Even as a ps4 owner I sure do hope phil has something to show at e3 OTHER than just the scorpio

IT NEEDS SOME FUCKIN GAMES
>>
>>378413903
Scorpio is a stopgap. I'm waiting for next gen to give the MS console another chance as I'm interested to see what Phil will do when heading a console launch and MS are playing from behind. I almost wish they just forced the beginning of the next gen rather than another XBONE iteration.
>>
>>378397369

integrate the service into windows 10
>>
>>378397369
Stop with the 3 gig dashboard updates for a start.
>>
Literally all they have to do is cater to the casuals and they'll win. The scorpio and muh 4k is a good start.
>>
>>378414429
Are casuals going to pay hundreds of dollars more a console that plays the same games as the base Xbox One and has fewer games than the PS4/PS4 Pro?
>>
File: Console-purchase-factors.png (191KB, 1000x936px) Image search: [Google]
Console-purchase-factors.png
191KB, 1000x936px
>>378414528
Yes. And the Xbox has about the same amount of games as the ps4 this gen and whole range of last gen games.
>>
>>378413903
He's already said there's at least 1 new ip months ago.
>>
>>378413487
Xbox historically has the best exclusives, yes. I'd do anything for a new ninja gaiden, tenchu z or jsrf. Also I hope halo 6 is good because all fps shooters right now suck ass. I bet cod ww2 will too.
>>
>>378414683
>he Xbox has about the same amount of games as the ps4 this gen

According to wikipedia, the PS4 has 1654 games compared to the XBONE's 1176.

>whole range of last gen games

Why the fuck would you buy a more expensive variant of a current gen console to play last gen games? What a pointless exercise.
>>
>>378415061
Unless you're mentally deficient, having over 1000 games is a lot for both.

>it's another backwards compatibility is a bad thing meme

Wow so you really are mentally deficient. Nobody is saying people only buy it for that but it contributes to the purchasing of the console. 4k modern titles and 4k back compat titles is a good deal. People literally buy pc's to end up playing old games like kotor at high fps and resolution. But they're all stupid amirite?

Damage control for your ps4 pro all you want but this console will sell and actual statistics from Nielsen prove it.
>>
Sony saved their brand with good marketing and doubling down on the exclusives, something Microjew has always been terrible at.
>>
Wasn't Sony in a similar situation at this point in the last console gen?

They got out of it by doubling down on exclusives getting some god tier marketing (Kevin Butler, last of us, etc) Xbox just feels like a pet project of Microsoft at this point that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Ass.
>>
>>378415568
It took the ps3 from 2011 onwards to become relevant. That was a good 4/5 years. It's coming up to the 4 year mark for the Xbox one and they're already making good progress with the hardware department and now they just need to show of 1 or 2 compelling 1st party titles. That's literally it. 1 or 2 big AAA first party titles will bring them back into relevancy.
>>
>>378415568
Their positions were kinda different, Sony PS3 was more of a internal massive miscalulation kind of fuck up. MS's fuck up was simply put so anti-consumer it completely destroyed the very small amount of goodwil they managed to build with the 360 which only really gained traction due to how bad Sony PS3 fucked up not by it;s own merits. Sony on a mediocre day just wipes it's ass with Xbox and their brand is worth a lot more to alot more people due to PS1,PS2. Xbox brand just doesnt have the history or the reputation or respect.
>>
>>378415835
This gen won't last as long as the last one. MS don't have the time Sony did last gen.
>>
Just keep pumping out Halo, Gears and Forza over and over for that emotionally stunted fanbase. Xbox serves a useful purpose as the cancer containment console.
>>
>>378416082
My point was kind of jumbeled.

The PS3 fuck up was like ''Oh they released a shitty piece of hardware, I'll wait untill they fix it and invest again when its good''

The Xbox fuck up was like '' holy fuck Microsoft literally wants to fuck me as a consumer, turn games into a TV service and have me pay Xbox live for life why they spy on me and sell my data to other companies, I'll never touch that shit again''
>>
>>378416270
I'm surprised those franchises are still going. Gears, at least, seemed very much like a franchise that would be confined to that X360 generation, whereas Halo has overstayed its welcome by several games. Forza is a good racing game, but you'd have to be autistic to keep buying them year after year after year.
>>
>>378398540
>>Microsoft releases their financials on their game division
>>it shows that their very profitable
lel

>>378415382
>and actual statistics from Nielsen prove it.
The one that showed fewer people care about it than the Pro and the Switch despite a year of "power" hype? lol

>>378414919
>Xbox historically has the best exclusives, yes
Oh my word.
>>
>>378397369
I dont think you can
No one cares about gears after cliffy b stopped
No one cares about halo after 343 raped its corpse
Rare is just edgy 20 something year olds who want to make early access survival games now
And lionhead is dead
>>
>>378416204
Generations are finished, for Xbox anyway. We already know from Phil himself that they'll just release a new console which will play all the previous games as the older Xbox console. Kinda like phone upgrades. You upgrade your android phone but you still keep your apps and contacts.
>>
>>378416472
>not even out yet
>statistically has the same public interest as the pro and switch by 2/3%, both of which are out on the market
>all of this with 0 scorpio marketing on public mediums

You sound scared
>>
>>378397369
Just made that one game
That one game that changes the world for a little bit
They have so much money, and so many talented cloud devs
Just make the best fucking mmo we will ever experience in our lifetime
And make it so we have to buy an xbox to play it
And you will win
It only takes one perfect game
And you have fucking jeff strain on your payroll
JUST
MAKE
HIM
MAKE
WOW2
Or guildwars 2
People are nostalgic for these games because they defined online gaming for a generation
And he lead both of them
Fucking pick yourself up
Pour money into his mouth
Give him a 500 man team
And make a fucking masterpiece
>>
- Reboot Halo in a Doom-esque fashion and gut the majority of 343i's leads and management. Thank goodness Brian Reed is gone, but Bonnie, Kiki and others have no place at that studio working on this IP. It has nothing to do with them being women but rather that I think they're unqualified for their positions and are disconnected from the franchise. Microsoft has a bad habit of just throwing people around the company in management positions regardless of their credentials.

- Expand their first-party studios seeing as their third-party relations up until this point have proved to be unsuccessful or mediocre. The alternative would be to make their current studios have multiple teams or transition between the flagship IP and new projects.

- Move the Forza releases to every other year. The franchise is becoming saturated regardless of their quality. These don't need to be treated as sports titles.

- As much as I would loved a traditional single player Fable game, I think that ship has sailed. I say bring the IP back with the same structure as Destiny if not with more depth. It wouldn't be a traditional MMO nor whatever Legends was attempting to be, but instead this fantasy world where you could do raids and explore dungeons with a small party. The aesthetic and humor of the series doesn't have to go. This would fit with Microsoft's "games as a service" approach.

- End Gears of War as soon as this trilogy (?) concludes. I'm a believer that the franchise did not need to make a return, especially when Black Tusk were supposedly working on Xbox's next big IP.

- Generally, new IP and at least partial focus on single player experiences.

- Stop allowing PlayStation to swoop up exclusives coming out of Japan without them having to even lift a finger or open their wallets.
>>
>>378416685
fable structured like destiny sounds lovely
>>
>>378416685
Or just make Minecraft exclusive to Xbox and Windows. Problem solved.
>>
>>378416504
This is bullshit. Are you telling me that in 10 years, developers will still be making games that work on the original Xbox One? That's not feasible or realistic. Even the Pro and Scorpio are both constrained in what they can do by the fact that they have to use the same kind of CPU as the base model. If the Xbox brand wants to remain relevant in the console market, then there will be a new Xbox console at some point that is separate from the Xbox One. Maybe they'll try to ensure BC is included in that console from day 1, but they won't be able to force developers to keep developing for old, antiquated platforms.
>>
It's funny how a console which has been barely relevant this whole gen is causing mass damage control from the competing fan base. If it's dead, why do you have to write whole essays about how it's going to flop? You're not that worried about it actually being good, right?
>>
>>378416685
>- Stop allowing PlayStation to swoop up exclusives coming out of Japan without them having to even lift a finger or open their wallets.

lel this is punishment for publishering letting MS bankroll them and buy launch titles off PS3 from last gen. It;s funny how the cancer is destroying Microsoft now and Sony doesn't have to pay a cent to watch it happen.

If Xbox cant survive without Japanese games maybe it shouldnt be on the market.
>>
>>378416685
>- Generally, new IP and at least partial focus on single player experiences.

Phil Spencer already said he's stoppped investing in single player games, he views games as a service and multiplayer games are all the Xbox is going to get. He needs to meet qutos and if games aren't raking in enough $$ they get axed so expect much more multiplayer games like Sea of Thieves
>>
>>378416373
The DRM stuff didn't really deter me too much from the console. That stuff was basically resolved due to the mass backlash by the console release anyway. What deterred me from buying it was the fact that it didn't run games as well as the PS4 yet cost more money and didn't seem to have any exclusive games coming to it.

The Xbox One console has felt uninspired since release. The fact that the only thing they could come to their launch with any enthusiasm about was integrated television watching and voice commands was illustrative of what the console was about as a gaming platform.
>>
>>378416836
You're not wrong. Microsoft only have themselves to blame for Xbox's current state. The management of their IP, their handling of third-party relations and the lack of focus on games being the pillar of their gaming console has led them to this point. They also have a long history of screwing over Japanese developers for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>378416770
Minecraft makes so much money they'll never do that. They're profiting off ps4 sales because of how much Minecraft sells on that.

>>378416774
There will obviously come a point where a weak console will be left behind. Nevertheless it's a brilliant plan going forward unless you like not being able to take your old games with you your new console like ps3 and ps4 and would rather pay Sony to stream it via psnow.
>>
>>378416836
Japanese games have fuck all affect on the market. Don't act like your shitty weeb loli simulator is relevant in any way shape or form.
>>
>>378416967
Yup. I think this is a naive approach if he bases this off games like Quantum Break and ReCore. Mediocre single player games aren't performing well? May as well double down on our dying multiplayer franchises. Obviously TLoU, Horizon and others are simply flukes.
>>
>>378417105
Nioh and Persona were huge. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>378417105
>Japanese games have fuck all affect on the market.
this is why your dumb ass will never understand why Xbox's installbase will never break out of 19mil and why it's only going to shrink as time goes on. Japanese games build your installbase which is why PS4 has almost 100% market share in multiple countries
>>
>>378416651
>A year of "power" hype
>Got a significant E3 reveal
>Going to get another significant E3 segment
>Somehow no one knows about it

Xcucks are in for a shock when the initial burst of holiday interest dies and it's third place again just like the Xbone S.
>>
>>378417223
>thousands of Japanese games released each year
>only 2 get even remotely popular

Meanwhile Minecraft still outsells them weekly. Huge though amirite

>>378417262
Are you really this dense in the head or just pretending? Japanese games have absolutely fuck all affect in the bigger picture. These countries that have big PlayStation market share numbers all have fifa and cod in their top 10s. It has nothing to do with your shitty weeb games. The 360 last gen had some of the best Japanese games of the whole gen yet didn't sell at all in Japan.
>>
File: 1337464187235.jpg (232KB, 580x1745px) Image search: [Google]
1337464187235.jpg
232KB, 580x1745px
Completely scrap the console.

Go the route of Sega, and licence your brands to other companies, and turn 'xbox' into Microsoft's main PC distribution service.
>>
>>378417490
>my enthusiast conversations with online people means everyone knows as much as me

Nobody even knows what the scorpio is yet and a 2 minute video at the end of an e3 conference isn't "significant". Stay scared though.
>>
>>378417549
>The 360 last gen had some of the best Japanese games of the whole gen yet didn't sell at all in Japan.

It had significantly higher sales numbers than the Xbox One has. The Xbox One is selling nothing while the 360 did have some market penetration in Japan. That was something MS needed to build on this gen but has failed to do so.
>>
>>378417549
No one here is saying Xbox's success is contingent on having Japanese games. However, relinquishing that entire market to PlayStation uncontested when Persona is a huge franchise and Nioh was a hit is bad business. These are the kinds of games that appeal to other markets outside of the West and Japan. There's also Yakuza and Ni no Kuni 2 if I have to throw out more high profile Japanese developed games. Stop acting like a clown.
>>
>>378417752
>Nobody even knows what the scorpio is yet
We've known for a year, Aaron. It's hardly like the NX pre-October 2016.
>>
>>378417752
>Nobody even knows what the scorpio is yet

Yes, we do. The specs have been out for quite a while now.
>>
>>378417812
Find me one country aside from Japan itself (who doesn't give a shit about PlayStation anyway) where sales figures can comprehensively show that Japanese games are the main selling point of the console. Find it them we'll do some comparisons.
>>
>>378417965
Specs means we know all about it? Lol fuck off. The ps4 pro had specs equating to 9TF yet we them found out it was a turd. We don't know shit about pricing or what it's key selling features are e.g. VR support.
>>
>>378418190
>The ps4 pro had specs equating to 9TF
Nope.

>We don't know shit about pricing
They already announced premium pricing, so you know what that means

>or what it's key selling features are e.g. VR support.
That's known to be supported.
>>
>>378401306
>nextgen are steam boxes
>this is a bad thing.

but then again, when Microshit tried to do always online last time a bunch of weeboo shits who would never buy an xbox to begin with had a massive collective sperg-rage. Thanks for delaying the future again consoleshtis
>>
>>378418190
Man, you just gave me an idea.

Imagine if Microsoft goes all-in on some retarded gimmicky VR shit like they did with motion control? They'd fucking do it too. It'll be VR TV watching or some shit. Can you imagine they roll out this new console, and that's the kind of thing they have to show for it. Oh man, I hope it happens. Watching the trainwreck will truly make this one of the most entertaining E3s of all time.

>Look, now with the power of Scorpio and this $500 MS VR peripheral, you can be right there in the game, watching TV on the scoreboard in FIFA! This is next level entertainment immersion.
>>
>>378418378
The main hardware engineer literally said it's 9TF FP16. It was buzzwords but at the time nobody knew if this will be a game changer hence why specs mean absolute fuck all till we actually see it in action.

An there is no reference to "premium pricing" anywhere. It says "console pricing". If you're going to fanboy then at least get the facts straight.
>>
>>378418464
They had a show a few weeks ago where they showed a bunch of augmented reality shit. Wouldn't be surprised if that and Hololens took up 20 minutes.

>>378418514
>The main hardware engineer literally said it's 9TF FP16.
That doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>378418464
Can't be anymore of a trainwreck than psvr. Oculus is actually good.
>>
>>378418601
I know exactly what it means buddy.
>>
>>378418514
>An there is no reference to "premium pricing" anywhere.
https://www.google.com/search?q=scorpio+premium+pricing

Tip: just because you're a fucktard doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>378417549
Your focus is probably on the top 10 selling NPD results. You fail to understand sub markets. If games don't make the top 10 and rival jugganaughts like COD it doesn't mean they're not successful. Those 200k - 800k sales of games are sales MS is not getting, and combine those sales across several games and franchishes like sword art online to digimon, Nioh to Yakuza, kingdom hearts, FF, Nier, Persona and those are a fuckload of sales on the PS platform that MS is not getting. When the COD dudebros on Xbox play prey and the latest tomb raider they have nothing else to play where as PS users do, Sony offers a plethora of games to fill the gaps between big titles and that is what builds installbase and brings in profits, they have western and eastern games, appeal to a wider audience and Horizon could bomb three times over it wouldnt matter, Sony makes most profit just by selling games on their platform which those third party exclusive carry them miles where MS is stuck wishing it had games. Persona, Nioh and Kingdom Hearts making NPD's top 10 is nothing to write off anyway, Japanese games are hugely relevant and carve a nice piece of money pie for Sony, just not mainstream relevant but who cares anyway manstream games are literally 99% garbage but.......... it's the only thing Xbox owners have to play unless they buy a playstation and play all the variety of stuff they offer.
>>
>>378418760
Did you even bother to read your own link? There isn't a single article there which quotes "premium pricing". It says "premium console". Lmao what a fucking retard.

Meanwhile
>"Really what it is, is you want a platform that is balanced between memory bandwidth, GPU power, you know, your ability to move memory and [an] amount of memory around in many ways is more inhibiting to the performance of your game than absolute teraflops on any one of the individual pieces, and when we designed Scorpio we really thought about this balanced rig that could come together at a price-point. Like, I want Scorpio to be at a console price-point, I’m not trying to go and compete with a high-end rig. And because we’re building one spec, we’re able to look at the balance between all the components and make sure that it’s something we really hit that matters to consumers and gamers" he said.
>>
>>378418925
Are you saying Xbox doesn't have submarkets? They have the whole early access market and the back compat market. Just because it doesn't have a weeb niche market doesn't mean it has none at all. You massively overrate the impact of these Japanese games on why Xbox isn't doing well. This isn't why the Xbox sold bad. It sold bad for completely different reasons.
>>
>>378418957
Top three links.
>http://www.gamezone.com/news/xbox-head-details-project-scorpio-pricing-says-it-is-a-premium-console-3451325
"I call it a premium console because I want people to be clear that the customer we're building that for is the premium gaming customer," said Spencer. "The person who buys the majority of the games, the person who's playing the most games, spending the most hours, spending the most dollars. It's like our Elite controller. I call that a premium controller.

"I'm not trying to scare anybody on the price. We're going to come out on a price that we think is fair for the product that we build and the customers will tell us as they always do. I call it premium because I don't want people to get confused that somehow Scorpio is the thing that is going to take over the Xbox line."

>https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-much-will-xbox-scorpio-cost-its-a-premium-prod/1100-6442817/
Microsoft isn't talking specifics about the Xbox Scorpio's price just yet. But in a new interview, Xbox marketing boss Aaron Greenberg said Microsoft sees the system as a "premium product."

This would suggest the device would be on the more expensive side, which is to be expected, given it's being referred to as the "most powerful console ever made."

>http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/16/project-scorpio-will-have-higher-price-as-a-premium-console-6262243/
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has hinted that he will not be afraid to give the Xbox One’s upgrade a high-end price when it’s released next year.

With the PS4 Pro just released it’s still a long time until Microsoft’s equivalent, currently codenamed Project Scorpio, is set to appear next autumn. But Xbox boss Phil Spencer has already indicated that it won’t be cheap when it does arrive.

Spencer didn’t talk about specific price figures, except to say that it would obviously be more expensive than the Xbox One S, and that it will be a ‘premium console’.

I hope they're paying you to be this ignorant.
>>
>>378419434
See
>>378418957

>There isn't a single article there which quotes "premium pricing". It says "premium console".

Are you really this mentally handicapped or just trolling? If you can't differentiate between "premium console" and "I want Scorpio to be at a console price-point" you need to get yourself checked out. That isn't healthy. It's literally basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>378419651
>Actual denialism about the text presented to you right there

Keep thinking it'll be $399, fucktard. I want E3 to be a flood of Xcuck tears.
>>
>>378419257
I'm not saying that but yeah back compat is certainly something to take into account but just one random example with a very niche game like drgaonquest builders, it sold over 1 million copies WW but didn't make a blip on the map in terms of mainstream relevance but assuming they made roughly $10 off every sale you can see how incredibly lucrative having games like that on PS platforms where Sony doesnt lift a finger and rolls in profits. And there are tons of games like that on PS systems with many more coming.
>>
>>378419864
Jokes on you. The last console I bought was a ps3 slim, which I admit I regret but oh well.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/26455-xtralife-leaks-project-scorpio-price-400-euros-only.html

>it's all a lie!
>>
>>378419929
That clearly would have been a placeholder price.
>>
>>378419929
>Placeholder price
I can also find the Australian site which had it at $1000AUD which is about $599 USD but stay retarded.
>>
>>378397674
Wrong. This will do absolutely nothing
>>
>>378420042
>it's all a lie!
>Phil says retailers now know the price
>this price comes out literally days later

As expected. Keep up the damage control though it's funny
>>
>>378419929
Look, guys. Just found confirmation that the Scorpio will be $999 NZD. That's $700 US.

https://www.ebgames.co.nz/xbox-one-217307-Xbox-Project-Scorpio-Placeholder-Price-Xbox-One
>>
>>378420280
>literally confirms it's a placeholder price and keeps it up
>other one mistakenly releases price and takes it down straight away

But yeah placeholder amirite. They took it down straight away for the lols amirite
>>
>>378420248
>>Phil says retailers now know the price
On the subject of making shit up.

>>378420280
DELETE THIS
>>
>>378419929
seems about right. pretty much everyone predicted it to be ~$400 range. only from a few weeks ago too so i'd bet on this being correct
>>
>>378420406
It doesn't have a page at all right now, meaning the price was slapped in because it needed a value and they based it on what the Pro's RRP was.
>>
File: -_-.jpg (15KB, 357x402px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.jpg
15KB, 357x402px
>>378415568
>Wasn't Sony in a similar situation at this point in the last console gen?
I higly doubt that. Last gen I had a 360, and except for Fable 2 and GoW 2 I have zero exclusives for that piece of shit. ME went multi, Bioshock went multi.
By the end of the gen the only exclusives still getting releases were Halo (never interested in it), GoW (playing one was more than enough) and fucking Forza.
In the meanwhile, my friend with a PS3 periodically bought something exclusive, and had free online gaming to boot.
The only clear pro for the 360 over PS3 was the quality of Live compared to the PSN, other than that it was trash. Not only my 360 got the RROD, but it was clear in the last years of its lifespan that MS had completely given up on investing in worthwile exclusives outside fo the aformentioned few established names, but thought it was brilliant to waste billion on the Kinect. That's why, even ignoring the dreadful announcement, I would have never bought a Bone. And now, like pottery, they are clearly giving up on this motherfucker too. Maybe at the E3 they'll surprise me, but so far they did exactly what I knew they would do.
>>
>>378420835
if you didn't experience the greatness of the 360 generation you either had no friends or didn't know how to use the xbox marketplace. i still own more xbox exclusives that are actually interesting than i do ps3 exclusives. the ps3 was atrociously bad as a console and i can say this as a 2 time owner, and a day one buyer. i've owned 2 ps3's and 1 xbox 360 2008 model.
>>
File: 1493549832040.gif (2MB, 270x405px) Image search: [Google]
1493549832040.gif
2MB, 270x405px
>>378397369
How to save the Xbox brand in five ways
>Bring back the black dark logo
>Copy the exact methods of how the OG Xbox marketing had
>Needs more Japanese presence
>Backward compatibility with OG Xbox
>Bring back Bill Gates

Close down 343 Studio
>>
>>378421149
I clearly stated that Live>PSN, so it was strongly implied that I played online. Not that much because I'm more of a singleplayer guy, but whatever.
And I never gave a shit about the Marketplace.
Please go into details about how the PS3 was inferior to the 360 because the latter was literally made using the shittiest components.
>>
>>378421442
>>Needs more Japanese presence
>pleople actually believe this
MS will never ever ever convince nippos to buy a MS consolle, they should just give up on that (and it's not like they are trying that hard anyway)
>>
>>378421503
then why did i need to go through 2 ps3's and only one 360? the ps3 QC for controllers was bad too.
>>
>>378421631
>I was not there for the best Gen

You don't remember all those Jap Games OG Xbox had?
>>
>>378421745
Anecdotal evidence, the fact that you happened to find a broken PS3 and a working 360 doesn't change the fact that broken 360s went by the hundreds, if not thousands; shit was the most outrageous lauch quality of our age, maybe of all the industry if we don't count B and C list consolles of the past. The PS3 failure ratio is considerably lower, and it took more time to manifest on a consistent basis.
>>
>>378420835
>my friend with a PS3 periodically bought something exclusive
That doesn't mean anything, really. Just because a game is exclusive doesn't mean it's good. And the 360 had better exclusives than PS3 anyway, plus superior version of multiplats.
The 360 might have gone to shit when Kinect came out, but it was still the best 7th gen console by far
>>
>>378421873
>>I was not there for the best Gen
I was there. But guess what, I had a PS2.
>>378421873
>You don't remember all those Jap Games OG Xbox had?
Honestly no. I wonder how many people do.
>>
>>378415061
1654 games but how many are Japan- exclusive?
how many are Japan and North america-exclusive?

Remember Europe is a big market. The 360 sold about 8million units in the UK alone. That's like about an 1/8th of the UK owns an Xbox 360.

So yeah, 1500 games, but its probably more like half of that in Europe, and Xbox titles are rarely not released in EU and USA so, it's probably actually about even.

The kicker is exclusive titles, which are getting rarer and rarer these days. I'd say PS and XBone probably equalize each other out as far as exclusives are concerned.
>>
>>378422120
>Just because a game is exclusive doesn't mean it's good.
Agreed, but stuff like Demon Souls, Uncharted and others still looked worth a try. And again, I didn't like the remaining MS exclusives.
>inb4 then why did you buy it, fuckface?
Of all things, the one thing that tricked me into buying it was Mass Fucking Effect.

>And the 360 had better exclusives than PS3 anyway, plus superior version of multiplats.
Solid poit, although the only istance I remember people really complaining about this was Bayonetta.
>>
>>378422170
Sega mostly ported all of there Dreamcast projects/games to Xbox around it's launch window. I believe it only took one more year to branch out into other consoles
>>
>>378422120
most of the ps3 exclusives were pretty bad, especially when you compare them to the GOAT tier exclusives of the ps2. i remember playing GT4 on the ps2 and it was literally the perfect racing game in my eyes. i got GT5 prologue and the main game, and it was hot garbage. uncharted was a terrible gears of war clone with worse combat. heavy rain was pretty decent actually but then again it was more of a movie than a game.

overall the 360 was miles better desu. i still play on it to this day whereas my ps3 has been relegated to the under-tv blu ray player
>>
>>378415835
It took everything in the 7th gen til about 2009/10/11 to become relevant.
It was a slow-burning generation. Remember, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii had all been released worldwide by late 2006.
I know virtually nobody in my social circle who got any of those at launch, and I know a lot of gamers.
the thing is that the 7th gen took place amid the backdrop of the biggest financial crisis since 1929. PEople didn't (and still don't - in fact, it's worse now) have enough spare cash for expensive new consoles.

It wasn't til 09/10/11/12 that 7th gen really kicked off, desu. Actually I personally feel the 8th gen has come too soon, and that's why none of the consoles have done particularly well. They have tried to cash in on it.
Seriously, a hardware update for the 7th gen consoles would have gone down just as well, or like a trade-in if your console is busted, with a small fee for a new one.
Look at Brazil for example. In that market they were still breathing life into the Master System well into the late 1990s. By 1998 you could get a cheap, graphically updated Master System with 50 built in games in Brazil. Why would you want a PS1 or an N64 when you can have that?

The Wii in particular, peaked around 2009/10/11. That was when it sold the most.
So it was a slow-burning gen, not just the PS3.
>>
>>378422375
IIRC Panzer Dragon and JSRF were launch titles, or very early titles anyway. Other projects went to Sony and Nintendo, but can't remember what now.
>>
only cucks play consoles
>>
>>378397369
Get exclusive games that are fun. I have a shitbox one and the only exclusive I ever touched was halo 5 when it was free It was basically call of duty
>>
Xbox is just a pet project of Microsoft, it will be ditched for Surface tablets and Windows 12 integration.
>>
File: corbyn dead paki kid.png (519KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
corbyn dead paki kid.png
519KB, 550x310px
If I was in Phil Spencer's position I would do the following

>market scorpio as a pure gaming machine as opposed to an all in one entertainment system
>double down on exclusives, make sure exclusive content is coming out each quarter
>make deals with the bigger companies to create exclusive content for the Scorpio (DLC expansions, remastered versions of existing games with higher frame rates etc)
>Give a discount on or ditch the Xbox Gold subscription thing as a massive publicity stunt
>eventually phase out the Xbox One as the netflix machine it was designed to be
>let users install Windows 10 on their scorpio too (bringing in the PC market of free to play games)

I have just saved Xbox and made them the King of the industry once again.
>>
>>378425105
>Give a discount on or ditch the Xbox Gold subscription thing as a massive publicity stunt

Mate, their whole console gaming business is built around fleecing customers through their online services. Making people pay for a subscription is absolutely central to this. It's free money for them.
>>
File: 1494645871025.jpg (41KB, 551x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494645871025.jpg
41KB, 551x542px
if scorpio is a hybrid pc it already won
>>
>>378425434
Imagine the amount of consoles it will sell with people thinking they don't have to pay a subscription.
>>
>>378425579
Maybe they could make online multiplayer free but then fill every multiplayer game with microtransactions. Like in COD and Halo, you have to pay to unlock new guns and perks.
>>
>>378397369
Fire 343
Make a Gears game that doesnt require a $50 season pass
Throw a bazillion dollars at Cliffy B to make a new original exclusive that isn't Overwatch 2.0
Pay Kojima for Death Stranding exclusive content
Sell the Scorpio at a loss so power nerds will buy one

Kill the "play anywhere" thing because it ruins the xbox brand and makes PC gamers not want an xbox, including myself

Halo 3 Anniversary included with any Xbox purchase, runs at 4k/60fps on Scorpio
>>
>>378425965
>Kill the "play anywhere" thing because it ruins the xbox brand and makes PC gamers not want an xbox, including myself

software sales are the bread and butter of the whole xbox brand, and consoles in general. they don't need pc players to buy an xbox. they need the pc players to buy the games.
>>
>>378398183
>Meanwhile Ratchet & Clank got rebooted, and that game was pretty good

WHAT FUCKING DRUG ARE YOU ON? The Ratchet & Clank reboot was an insult to the series and probably one of the worst games I've ever played
>>
>>378426119
So why doesnt Nintendo and Sony do the same thing? Because people don't buy systems for third party games
>>
>>378400983
Just make it be what the steam machines were going to be, but well done and taking advantage of the popularity of the Xbox brand. Then take the next big W10 update and turn Xbox Live into a decent platform shared across Windows and all other Xbox devices.

Make Xbox consoles support any input device that windows supports.

Make EVERY game Play Anywhere, that way, you can buy any Windows game and play it both on you PC or your console, which is also smaller than your PC and thus becomes a great device to take to house parties.

Offer Valve a $2billion deal to get the Xbox live platform fused with Steam so they are compatible. This might not work but if it does then Xbox dominates the whole gaming industry and the players get the best out of the deal.

Next Halo must have 5's multiplayer but bigger, include splitscreen and LAN, and make a shitload of tournaments, no online ladder bullshit, this, plus the fact that it would be on PC from day one and have cross playing and stuff, plus the server browser, would take Halo to the top of the eSports scene again. Keep microtransactions but only for cosmetics and/or a completely separate non-competitive mode like Warzone, but make that mdoe worth playing, this way you can have free DLC and money for the tournaments. Then put someone with actual writing skills in charge of doing the campaign.

Same with Gears.

Make Forza Horizon 4 so big that it makes the others look like ants, use the Car Pass and the Microtansactions that were already present to pay for at least 3 big expansions on the level of FH3 Hot Wheels

Xbox Live becomes optional but keeps all the other policies it has, it also gives you free Netflix if you pay the whole year.

Add a shit load of new IPs, make a new, bigger, well advertised, Killer Instinct. Publish Sunset Overdrive 2, start giving as much support to indies as they did with 360.

Full blown backwards compat with all Xbox (and Windows) games.

There, Xbox goes back to the top.
>>
>>378426249
They don't do the same thing because they can't. Do they have their own ecosystem? No they don't. Windows and Xbox are part of the same company and ecosystem so they can profit off both. MS makes money from people using Windows or their Xbox to game. Sony or Nintendo won't make the same money from having their games on Windows unless they make their own operating system like steam tried with the steam box.
>>
They gotta do what Disney World does and get some new attractions, because these are old, everybody's been on their rids and it's gotten old
>>
>>378425965
>Pay Kojima for Death Stranding exclusive content

Isn't that PS4 exclusive?
>>
>>378422504
Shenmue 2, Gunvalkyrie
>>
>>378398079
I agree it looked bad but. It unironically looked like the best game on the xbox one.
>>
>>378401161
It was never fixed though
>>
>>378397674
>no new games
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.