[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games You Wish You'd Played Sooner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: The-World-Ends-with-You-cover.jpg (781KB, 1525x1362px) Image search: [Google]
The-World-Ends-with-You-cover.jpg
781KB, 1525x1362px
This is gonna sound gay, but have you ever had a game you played that, after finally getting to it you wish you had played it when you were younger? Like, you wish you had been able to play it during a different time during your life.

I've been reminiscing over pic related. I had picked it up back in 2010, yet I only actually beat it in late 2015. When I had got it I was in 8th grade, when I actually got to it I had graduated high school. However, I really - really - wish I had played it when it first came out. Like most folks on /v/, or as I'd like to imagine, I had a bit of a troubled childhood. I was awkward, I made a lot of mistakes, I wish I had been more sociable. It might be a silly anime game, but I thought that TWEWY handled the idea of human relationships fairly well considering the package it was wrapped up in. It would've certainly helped shape my perspective a bit throughout middle school if I'd played it back then.

How about you fags?
>>
nah that's gay
>>
>>378395772
>OP admits he's a fag

Nothing new here folks
>>
Only thing I regret is picking up videogames in the first place, pal
>>
>>378395772
OP the other fags in this thread are going to be apathetic edgelords but I want to tell you thanks for sharing and I understand your feelings. For me that game was Link's Awakening for its quiet optimism in the face of crushing existentialism with which I struggled as a kid.
>>
File: phantomdustdesktop.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
phantomdustdesktop.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>378395772
>>
>>378395772

It's posts like these that make me wish Square could see the value in these types of games and want to come up with sequels every generation for each of the new generation of gamers. So they'd have a character to relate to with their own problems as they tackle adolescence.
>>
>>378396583
Link's Awakening is another great game that I'm glad I played when I did. I actually have a story about how I played that game...

Back in Elementary School, both my parents worked late so I was left at the school-sponsored after-school care. Generally I didn't get along too well with the other kids there, but one exception was when it came to video games. On Friday's we'd be allowed to play on either the PS2, or a variety of donated GBA SPs. Most of the GBA/GBC games they had were utter shit, but they did have Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Ages. I never got to Oracle of Ages, but I did end up making a deal with another kid to take turns playing the Link's Awakening copy on the same save file. Normally after 15-30 minutes you had to give the system you were playing to someone else, so we just took turns. We weren't really friends, but we did end up beating the game together. It was an interesting feeling, and the ending hit both of us pretty hard. What a great game.
>>
>>378396989
That made me tear up anon. Thank you for taking the time to warm my heart. What did you think of the ending?
>>
>>378398123
It was empty, but also bittersweet at the same time. They had a lot of restraint with it, so the pay-off was fantastic.
>>
File: 33343-Chrono_Trigger_(USA)-15.jpg (118KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
33343-Chrono_Trigger_(USA)-15.jpg
118KB, 700x640px
>>378395772
i wish i got it when it came out and could talk about it when all the cool kids were playing it
>>
For some reason, when I play 6th gen titles I imagine how they would feel if I played them when they came out (age 5-10), and I reminisce about what life was like for me when they released, even though I didn't start playing 6th gen games on my own until just a few years ago.
I suppose it's because I'd hear my friends talk about them at school, I didn't get a game console of my own until gen 7.
Either way it's a weird feel.
>>
>>378395772
>>378400384
Why hasn't there been a new game for either of these, what the fuck is Square thinking, relegating Neku and co to a fucking cameo in Kingdom Hearts and ignoring the existence of Chrono except for ports.
>>
File: ArmoredCore4.jpg (471KB, 640x740px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredCore4.jpg
471KB, 640x740px
>>378395772
Would've loved to play some online matches.
>>
>>378403174
it was rough. sometimes you found good matches and teamups and sometimes you got spanked. lag could be rough
>>
>>378402804
Nomura is busy with KH3 and FF7 remake.
Maybe if we're lucky we'll get something on the fifteenth anniversary.
>>
>>378395772
Radiant Historia, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and 999 would be the games younger me would gush over
>>
>>378396874
Not gonna lie I think Kingdom Hearts made me into a better person considering I was surrounded by selfish people growing up.
>>
File: 1495576987716.png (119KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1495576987716.png
119KB, 872x632px
>>378395772
I wish Persona 5 had come out last year while I was still working and not a jobless NEET, I think it honestly would have hit me a lot harder because of how depressed I was feeling.
I had previously played Persona 4 Golden for the very first time in early 2015, about six months after something bad had happened to a family member, so Nanako's death and her coming back to life made me cry for like, a full ten minutes.
>>
Most PS2 JRPGs, especially SMT. My PS2 gathered dust after FFX and I was always disappointed by the library out of ignorance.
>>
F-Zero GX
>>
>>378395772
I was thinking about this game earlier when I was reminiscing on games I wish I could play for the first time again.

I bought this game on a complete whim because I heard it had a unique battle system. I was not prepared for how fucking good it was. I haven't played it again because I know I won't be able to recapture the magic of my first playthrough again. But holy fuck was this game good.
>>
Castlevania Bloodlines, Contra Hard Corps, and Rocket Knight Adventures.
>>
>>378409095
FANTASTIC soundtrack, that doesn't SOUND like a video game soundtrack.
>>
File: yuyuhakusho-fight.jpg (27KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
yuyuhakusho-fight.jpg
27KB, 300x415px
>>378409128
also this. treasure made some of the best licensed games ever.
>>
>>378395772
So glad I played it on release.

Wish I played one of the PS1 Final fantasies back when they were released, my 1st numbered one was 10-2 which is well interesting. 1st one I played and beat was tactics advanced which was fantastic
>>
File: NeverForgetSquareEnix.jpg (31KB, 530x275px) Image search: [Google]
NeverForgetSquareEnix.jpg
31KB, 530x275px
>>378395772
This is what I think OP
>>
Had the Umihara Kawase series gotten localized sooner I would've been a fan then. Better late than never, though. Definitely could've done something about Ys, though. Wish I knew about that one sooner in general.
>>
>>378395772
Would a switch sequel where you control one screen one Joycon and the other screen with the other Joycon work? If it could then maybe we could even get a ps4 version with the move controllers.
>>
Mischief Makers, Diddy Kong Racing, Mega Man X, Terranigma, Sky Blazer, Star Fox 2, Wild Guns.
>>
>>378409779

They say time heals all wounds but I call bullshit and this is why.
>>
>>378409762
>So glad I played it on release.
same. the perfect game to play when you're 15-16 years old.
>>
File: IMG-20170528-WA0000.jpg (34KB, 296x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170528-WA0000.jpg
34KB, 296x269px
>>378395772
For me it is dragon quest 3, i wish i knew english when i was really young and was living in a country where snes and authentic games were normal, since the country i live in only had clones and cloned games so no battery cartridges, so no save files so no rpgs, i still don't enjoy rpgs because i didn't grew up with them, but dragon quest 3's town was really comfy its simple yet really deep and main apeal of rpgs is story and when i was young reading English was no go.
The games i glad i played when i was young are fighting games, i still play them but not the latest since non ggpo netcode is really pain to play with but i do go to fightcade almost daily just don't go nowadays,
>>
>>378408892
also GP Legend and Climax.
>>
>>378396583
I would say ocarina of time but I have no regrets.
>>
Mario vs Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong '94. Both are criminally underrated.
>>
>>378409892
It really did help during those years.

Still my favourite game, i'm trying to forget most of it, so that I can have a slightly fresh play-through.
>>
Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Ninja Five-0.
>>
I regret not playing TWEWY before spoiling the fuck out of it.

I STILL haven't played it.
>>
>>378409882
time heals all wounds, but scars remain as a permanent reminder
>>
Mole Mania. Sequel when, Nintendo?
>>
>tfw I played almost nothing but Pokemon and Pokemon spin-offs until middle school

I wish I could go back and slap some taste into me, so I didn't have half the backlog I do now.
>>
>>378409762
>1st one was X-2
I'm sorry mate, you got the worst numbered FF. It makes VIII look good by comparison
>>
>>378410096
Just do it. Sit down, start playing and don't touch ANY OTHER GAME until it's done. That's how you actually finish vidya.
>>
File: sadpika.jpg (10KB, 333x331px) Image search: [Google]
sadpika.jpg
10KB, 333x331px
>>378410121

Yeah.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.
>>
>>378409779
>>378409882
>>378410121
>>378410231
>3DS could've been PERFECT for a sequel
>TWEWY characters in KH:DDD
>fucking NOTHING
If it weren't for Dragon Quest still being good and that new SaGa game they released on Vita last year, SE would be dead to me.
>>
>>378409779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzbTKB7xxtg
>>
>>378410392

The countdown itself was hype as fuck as well. 7 days with a Calling remix that adds musical layers with each new day? Like, how do you get more hype than that? It was flawless. Had they announced a sequel I'd still be cumming to this day. Instead we all got the blueballing of the millennium.
>>
>>378410873
Not to mention they have ANOTHER sequel tease at the end of the moblie port, and fucking NOTHING comes of it.

People say that Capcom is incompetent, but is there a more out of touch Japanese gaming company than SE?
>>
>>378410171
Combat was pretty fun. But it was really strange Yuna's obsession with Tidus when you have not played X.
>>
>>378410392
>it's still not dead for him
Yeah, you're a battered wife, dude
>>
>>378410985

I think Nomura wants to make it too but with FFXV and KH3 he probably hasn't had the time to entertain it. Now with the FF7 remake, he probably won't anytime soon either. Man, this sucks ass.
>>
>>378411062
The fact that there was a Vita exclusive SaGa game released in late 2016 to begin with makes me have some hope, the fact that it's actually good help.
>>
>>378395772
Played and beat twewy in 2011, loved it. I looked through wikipedia to see other games square enix made, and I wanted Nier but didn't have a ps3 at the time. Now I have the ps3, but not Nier because I just keep putting off buying it. Have to avoid looking at/playing Automata as well.

In the year before I was crazy about 999. I tried downloading E17/R11 but I was retarded and couldn't get past a missing file error. Forgot about it and only now am I finally playing through them. I'm actually glad I put them off since it would have made ztd even more underwhelming if I had

Now I really want to play Theresia: Dear Emile, saw it on amazon in 2010 but decided not to get it at the time.

All these years of video game procrastination
made me a master at avoiding spoilers/purposely forgetting spoilers if I do see them.
>>
Shadow of the Colossus.
I spent so long thinking it was probably some overrated game that people were desperate to say was great in order to push a "games are art" narrative.
But I played it recently and it's an absolute masterpiece. I wish I hadn't spent years being such a cynical dick and just played the game.
>>
>>378395772
This game fucking changed my life for the better. I ended up making lots of friends and becoming waaay more social because of this game. I honestly think it saved my life, because I was going through that self-destructive emo phase at the time, and this game snapped me right out of that.
Beyond my personal feelings about this game, it's fucking fantastic, i love the music, the characters, and even the wacky combat system. I ended up getting good enough at it to play on the hardest difficulty. Almost got that angel rank, too. Only thing keeping me from 100% completion were the damn pins.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.