[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If they gave him an "origin" game, would you buy it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2389473249873498732984.jpg (99KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
2389473249873498732984.jpg
99KB, 990x600px
If they gave him an "origin" game, would you buy it?
>>
I think Marvel could not only make it good but, with his backstory and universe, make it competitive with God of War.
>>
>>378395524
Marvel wants to be as big a presence in video games as they are in cinema. The Spiderman game is their first step in that direction.
>>
>>378396754

They are only big in cinema because all their movies are broad appeal comedies. That angle is not going to work for video games.
>>
>>378397106
>That angle is not going to work for video games.
It doesn't have to, though. Marketing sells games, not said games being actually good, so Marvel has to try even less with their games than they do with their movies to be financially successful in the industry.
>>
>>378397507

We aren't talking about a single game, we are talking about a franchise. Marketing will sell only the first one, if it's shit the franchise is damaged and you have a real problem trying to sell more no matter how much marketing you do.
>>
Batista Origins sounds fucking terrible OP.
>>
>>378395336
It's called Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain
>>
>>378397705
>Marketing will sell only the first one, if it's shit the franchise is damaged
You are retarded. Look at TES or Assassin's Creed games for proof. Again, marketing sells games, everything else is irrelevant. Marvel will need to put in less effort into their games than they put into their shitty movies to be successful.
>>
>>378398562
>Look at TES or Assassin's Creed games for proof.

The problem here is you think those games are objectively shit. They aren't, and the "normies" really do like them.
>>
>>378395336
I'd only want a Guardians of the Galaxy game if Platinum developed it.
>>
>>378398738
>They aren't
I bet you think Marvel movies are good too, because the "normies" like them. Hang yourself.
>>
>>378399364

Fuck off, you arrogant brat. I don't like Marvel movies or any of those games, I'm just not obnoxious enough to declare the millions that do must be wrong because I don't agree with them.

Tastes other than your own are not objectively wrong.
>>
>>378398562
Most people who play TES and Assassin's creed enjoy them. Skyrim is still like one of the most played games on steam. I'm willing to wager ac sales stagnated though.

No if you look at a game that's objectively shit and isn't just you being obtuse, say, Watch Dogs. You can see great marketing caried the first game but it was so shit that the actually better second game likely did worse.
>>
>>378399645
I don't think you fit here well.
>>
>>378397507
it's not about marketing or trying, it's about quality at this point

marvel is so huge now shit markets itself

marvel has fully admitted they were lagging behind in games which is why as the anon >>378396754 is correct. they previously just licensed their games out with a generic one every other year, now they are seeking big AAA devs to make games for them on a full dev cycle

insomniac spidey will be the first
square-enix multi-title avengers project will be the next big one

as much as i love mahvel, fighters are still a niche, and telltale is a meme.

spidey & avengers games will be their flagships
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.