[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I move on from my Wii U?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (88KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 1200x1200px
Should I trade in my Wii U?

>Don't really play my Wii U anymore
>Might finish Bayonetta 1/2 at least, but other than that, I don't really feel like it
>The Switch actually has a future
>Portability
>Didn't finish BOTW and don't mind playing it again anyway because it's comfy as fuck
>There's a decent trade in deal running in my country for it
>If I trade in all of my Wii U games, it'll be even cheaper
>Interested in XC2, Mario (looks like the best since SMG2), Monster Hunter and FEW
>Possibility of homebrew

What do current Switch owners have to say? Did you trade in your Wii U?
>>
I traded mine in. Don't regret it. The only thing I was ever gonna play on it was Mario Maker and hopefully that gets ported over soon. Might as well save yourself some money if you're not going to play Wii u anymore
>>
>>378395569
Yeah, I might as well now.

Nintendo actually seem to be trying this time, so that's given me the confidence in the system. Do you have the pro-controller by any chance? Is it worth the money? Is the standard controller attachment fine?
>>
>>378395226
Selling a console is retarded.
Never do it.
>>
>>378396195
unless it's the Wii u
>>
>>378395786
I didn't get the pro controller but I literally haven't used my switch outside of handheld mode since I got it. If you're going to be playing it docked it's probably worth it though.
>>
>>378398491
still retarded regardless.
>>
>>378395226
I would say wait until this years E3 before making your decision.
>>
>>378395226
Wiiu is dead bro, join in the fun
>>
>>378395226
Nintendo stuff goes up in value. Wait until the market gets retarded before selling.
>>
OP, Do NOT trade in your Wii U, here's why.

1. Wii U can play nearly 99 percent of the entire NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U (duh), GB, GBC, GBA AND DS library, that's every Nintendo console and handheld minus 3DS and Switch!

2. It also is capable of running games for non-Nintendo systems, go to http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators for the complete list.

3.You mentioned your country and and trading in all your games. If you don't have TOO too much attachment, you could homebrew, dump the discs, keep the console, and then just sell the discs.

Truly, only a fool would rid himself of a Wii U.
>>
Keep your WiiU. You're going to get pennies for it.
>>
>>378395226

The Switch is great. I like that it's completely focused on games and not other bullshit like PS4 and XBone.

I genuinely enjoy the games I have for it. The fact I can get the same exact game on portable and on the TV is a huge plus, and is one of the most fascinating attributes the Switch has.

I traded in my Wii U late last year and despite missing out on a few gems, I don't regret it one bit. The Switch makes me forget about the Wii U almost entirely.
>>
>>378395226
>Don't really play my Wii U anymore
>The Switch actually has a future

literally the only reason you need
>>
>>378395226
nope, im keeping my wii u
wii u had a fantastic library, and most of the games arent getting ported. library is underrated as fuck. its this gen's saturn
listen to this guy >>378400090
>>
I would if you don't have the extra dosh

I personally traded my wii u for a switch, only thing I missed out on was Xenoblade Chronicles X which is getting ported to the switch anyway.

BOTW and Mario Kart are really fun on the go and once it gets a virtual console it will be the best system on the market, or at least tied with the ps4
>>
>>378398491
Nothing wrong with the wii u you stupid cunt it has a great library
>>
>>378400869
This gen's Saturn, N64, AND Dreamcast depending on how you look at it.

And if you thought GCN on component looked good, you haven't seen GCN on HDMI. Seriously, GameCube games run beautifully on the thing, all you need is one of these...
>>
>>378400936
>Xenoblade Chronicles X which is getting ported to the switch anyway.

wut
>>
>>378400936
Oh yeah and if there's some obscure exclusive that I somehow passed up, Cemu always exists and is progressing fast
>>
File: 12567.jpg (45KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
12567.jpg
45KB, 604x403px
>wiiu fans in the current year
>>
>>378401106
It's not the same, Even with Wii/GCN stuff on dolphin, it's still not quite there. Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby: ain't NOTHING like the real thing...

https://youtu.be/69SSWQiYy1E?t=5s
>>
>>378401067
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xenoblade-chronicles-x-nintendo-switch-not-ported-monolith-soft/

Not official but considering the original's port to the 3ds this would make a lot of sense. Waiting till e3 for more news
>>
File: 1490626948158.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1490626948158.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
the wii u was a blunder but it still has good games on it. it all comes down to how much you plan on playing it in the future. but the switch will be worth it by the end of it's first launch year.
>>
>>378400090
Gracious! Didn't know Wii U hacking had come this far. It's like everything Nintendo has made up until this point in one console.
>>
>>378400090
Pretty much why I keep mine and why its my most played console. Switch's future has potential but doesn't have much to offer at this point in time.
>>
>>378401316
>not official
Yeah ok bud.
>>
>>378401356
That's EXACTLY what it is. It is a Nintendo jukebox!

Legit or illegit (your choice),with a beefy SD card, 2 GCN Controller Adapters, a 4-port powered hub, and 2 external HDDs, you can have a quiet, discless, Nintendo Jukebox and then some.

Keep in mind unofficial NES and SNES emulation kick's Wii U VC's ass, and you can always do custom injects in Wii VC Wii Mode AND you always have homebrew emulators as an option too. Wii AND GCN games run completely natively so they are perfect! and Wii N64 injects and emulators, you can get most, but not all of what is not included in the N64 games on Rare Replay. It's incredible.
>>
I didn't sell my Wii U because I still play Smash and Splatoon semi often, but I'm very very happy with my Switch. I'd say it's worth it, and will only continue to pick up traction after stuff like Monhun comes out, if you aren't already hooked by ARMS and Splatoon.
If you're on the fence, wait till E3 to make your choice, but if you're leaning yes, just go for it.
>>378395786
The joycon holder thing that comes with it is pretty good, though it takes a second to get used to the controls, it feels nice in your hand.
>>
>>378400090
You can play DS games? How so? The Wii U USB loader I have only has a few DS games, I want to play Pokemon Conquest.
>>
>>378402068
You can not only inject ANY DS rom in the official VC emulator, but you can force it to run at a higher resolution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjrJqU1yVe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnJGsFwr10k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVnsksH-E0
>>
>>378402275
Oops, but a 3DS vid in the mix, here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyVBsGHgfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQwMPjeuOk
>>
>>378400090
is there a guide for this like how the 3ds had?
>>
>>378402536
Truthfully, I haven't found a single GOOD guide, just pieces here and there. might just write a guide in the future, but that's a big if.
>>
>>378399346
*irregardless
>>
I think Nintendoland is reason enough to have a Wiiu. But if not there's Bayonetta and Smash
>>
>>378402536
there's one on /hbg/
>>
>>378402275
>You can not only inject ANY DS rom in the official VC emulator,
there's a small catch, you can't inject ones that have enhanced features on DSi, like Black and White.
>>
>>378400936
>Xenoblade Chronicles X which is getting ported to the switch anyway.
No, it is not.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (200KB, 1457x1350px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
200KB, 1457x1350px
>>378404457
THat's why I said DS, and not DSi. Black was a DSI game, a type 2.

For those not in the know with DS/i game card types:

Type 1: DS game. region-free, and playable on all hardware. Has access to slot 2 for hardware accessories.

Type 2: DSi Enhanced game. can be used on DS and DSi, but region-locked on DSi, has access to 2X the clockspeed and 4X the ram of the DS, and cannot use any slot 2 features. Canl also use-non-wep online security like WPA

Type 3: DSi Exclusive game. Quite uncommon, but basically type 2 on a white card with no support for DS.
>>
>>378395226
>>Possibility of homebrew
Don't. Last thing we need on Switch are poor niggers stealing shit again.
>>
>>378404765
Shit dude im becoming a pirate
>>
File: 1494257691499.png (55KB, 743x832px) Image search: [Google]
1494257691499.png
55KB, 743x832px
>>378406035
>>
>>378395226
Personally, no, I won't trade it in ever.
It allows me to play also Wii (and GC) games and my backlog is very big. I'm still playing BotW too. Plus the Console was a great companion for my PC in these past years of absolute nothing on PS4.
As a Wii U owner, I don't feel the urge to buy a Switch. Everything they showed so far, except Arms, are things available on Wii U already. And don't expect all Wii U games to be ported on Switch either, stuff like W101 will stay on Wii U forever.
I will buy a Switch for Mario Odyssey but I won't ever trade in my Wii U.

However I am a collector, so maybe you don't care about collecting games and shit.
>>
>>378406107
That's the real beauty of it all, you get all the benefits with homrebrew plus the choice of being a piratefag or not. You can be as legit, or illigit as you want to be with non of the drawbacks.
>>
>>378406365
Woah, it's almost like /v/ wants to be better than niggers and actually understands we get more good games if we actually pay for good games and don't give a shit about bad ones. Fuck off.
>>
>>378395226
>What do current Switch owners have to say? Did you trade in your Wii U?
no, there's games i can't play on my switch like DK, or smash, or mario maker
>>
>>378406712
Shut the fuck up, you're already a nigger.
>>
>>378395226
>didn't finish the best games on the console
Why do you even play games if you don't fucking finish them
It's not like the Bayonettas are even long. And BotW is probably the easiest open world game there is.
>>
>>378395226
>Wants to buy a system right now to play games he can already play rather than doing the smart thing and waiting for the games to come out first, inevitably paying less and possibly getting an updated hardware revision

No.
>>
>>378406712
Go shit your diapers and cry about it some more.
>>
>>378406813
>>378406920
Good luck playing only FIFA and CoD in the future and crying how no one makes good games any more, idiots.
>>
File: 1490650816890.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490650816890.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>378406993
>>
>>378406376
>absolute nothing on ps4

you're a complete retard
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.