[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, Sega decides to make a Shadow the Hedgehog 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: ShadowGun.jpg (668KB, 1400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowGun.jpg
668KB, 1400x2000px
Hypothetically, Sega decides to make a Shadow the Hedgehog 2 but throws out the previous gameplay and just makes a full-on balls to the wall DMC-style action game.

Would you play it?
>>
Sonic is gay
>>
why the fuck not?
>>
>STORY: Kill Sonic.
>GAMEPLAY: Kill Sonic's faggy friends one by one.
>CLIMAX: Fight Sonic 1v1 and blow his brains out with six bullets till his head's a pile of mush after an edgy one liner.

Series saved.
>>
>>378390465
I would play it
>>
>>378390510
this
>>
>>378390465
is his skin leather?
>>
>>378390510
/thread
>>
>>378390465
I'd buy 30 copies
>>
That'll be the best Sonic game since Generations, maybe even better than Mania will be.
>>
Sonic Team tried this with werehog and it was terrible.
>>
>>378391390
Hedgehogs have fur..
>>
>>378393292
Yes if shadow the hedgehog had some dmc mechanics, this game would save the entire series. Would some say that shadow is the antithesis of sonic autism? Implying that you fight autism with autism?
>>
Yes I don't care shadoe is the best hedgehog, he is hilarious. Everything about him is an absolute joke.
>>
>>378393747
You see, that's the thing, don't let Sonic Team do cuhrayzee, leave it to Platinum.
>>
If its has a Crush 40 song I'm in.
>>
>>378390786
I'd play it
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (422KB, 1161x653px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
422KB, 1161x653px
>>378390510
So are a handful of people that browse /v/. Your point?
>>
>>378390465
>just makes a full-on balls to the wall DMC-style action game.
Preordered. Even if it's edgy
>>
>>378390786
>true climax: kill your OC from forces
>>
>>378390465
No. If I wanted to play DMC i'd play DMC or Bayonetta.

Just find a way to make it a faster paced Ratchet and Clank.
>>
honestly I think a new shadow would work better as a platformer-TPS hybrid
>>
>>378393747
sonic team tried to emulate god of war. not dmc.
>>
File: sonic sick of shit.jpg (42KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
sonic sick of shit.jpg
42KB, 184x184px
No. Shadow was a terrible idea from the start and his character is an unfocused mess. I'd love a Platinum style Sonic game but Shadow has to stay out of it.
>>
>>378398168
>Shadow would have to stay out of it
For what purpose? Shadow is the perfect character for it. It could be a hella funny game too by playing off the fact that Shadow is so unnecessarily edgy and be fun as fuck.

Who else would even fit the role?
>>
File: 1485514762762.jpg (75KB, 507x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485514762762.jpg
75KB, 507x720px
>>378390465
Hell yeah, motherfucker.
>>
>>378390465
Bitch, I'de buy 3 copies.
>>
>>378398391
Not who you responded to, but Rouge and Espio maybe?
I mean, Shadow's a good pick, but it could be nice to see someone else get a spin-off.
>>
File: sonic Omega.jpg (122KB, 700x422px) Image search: [Google]
sonic Omega.jpg
122KB, 700x422px
>>378398391
You want a serious character turned silly and over the top with tons of weapon usage?
>>
>>378398596
The more of sonic's friends that we forget about, the better everything will be in the long run.
>>
>>378398665
Nobody takes Sonic characters seriously. People already consider Shadow a fucking joke even in the Sonic community.
>>
File: 2q3w0pg[1].gif (413KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
2q3w0pg[1].gif
413KB, 500x341px
>>378398391
Gee, I fucking wonder.
>>
>>378398932
I take Sonic characters seriously, you're a piece of shit
>>
>>378390465
Definite "maybe"

>>378396193
>Just find a way to make it a faster paced Ratchet and Clank.

That would also be nice.
>>
>>378390465
How edgy will it be?
>>
File: sonic (22).jpg (284KB, 1156x654px) Image search: [Google]
sonic (22).jpg
284KB, 1156x654px
>>378398793
That's the kind of thought that made Sonic the only playable character for every major games sans Boom and Riders. The problem isn't that there's too many, it's that they aren't well done. Big could be fine, but fishing in a fucking Sonic game will never be fine. Emerl was a great character in Sonic Battle because he had enough time to be fleshed out and his playstyle didn't shit on the core gameplay. Conversely, Silver was literally made to be Sonic Trunks with no good buildup and his gameplay was a clunky nightmare at best.

Sonic Team just needs to have a core group to focus on and only have a couple new guys every so often. Not every game, but when they can be fun and not feel like they were thrown in just because they needed to fill a quota ala SA2.
>>
>>378399634
>Squidward
>>
>>378390465
Why the fuck does he have gundam shoes?
>>
>>378399634
When I played Adventure 1 and 2 the Sonic stages were the worst imo. We need a Knuckles focused game. With current technology the levels could be fucking massive.
>>
WHY were people so mad about Shadow the Hedgehog?

Yeah, it basically threw away his whole character ark from sa2, but the gameplay itself people chided

WTF? Shadow the Hedgehog had GREAT gameplay. Sure the shooting was subpar at best, but for a kids game that's fine

The platforming was very fucking underrated.

This game has some of the best platforming in the entire fucking franchise given that yu ignore Mad Matrix and Digilal Circuit existing
>>
>>378400943
bad opinion
>>
>>378400943

because half the missions were
>collect/kill all the things and if you missed one you need to teleport back to checkpoints and replay sections of the stage over and over until you find it and can finally end it
>>
>>378398932
Shadow was fine in SA2
>>
Why does /v/ hate Shadow for being an edgy character in a kids series but is fine with Vegeta, an edgy character in a kids series?
>>
File: sonic ship.jpg (10KB, 121x150px) Image search: [Google]
sonic ship.jpg
10KB, 121x150px
>>378400943
All those reasons, plus
>Story is total bullshit nonsense
>Story mode was broken up based on alignment
>You need to play through the same levels two or three times each to get all the alignment based endings
>You need to beat the last levels twice to get the true ending
>The true ending was shit
>All the other endings were non canon, but there's no clear path that leads to the true ending, so there's no canon story
>Nothing of consequence happens in this game anyways, so it doesn't matter, making the story focus redundant
>The final boss was Super Shit
>Bosses are resused all over the place
>bosses are either super fucking hard or easy as fuck to cheese
>Controls are somehow even more slippery and spastic than Heroes, making the 'underrated' platforming extremely difficult
>Every vehicle is slower than Shadow and some can't even jump or attack, rendering all of them useless
>Except for the times you need to use vehicles like in Prison Island, which sucked
>Melee weapons have ammo
>MELEE
>Most missions are 'defeat x number of enemies' that are scattered all over the place and needlessly hard to find
>Good luck A-ranking those missions
>'Friends' won't fucking shut up
>You can be forced into another mission by running into the friend in the level who represents an alignment, making keeping track of objectives tough
>Chaos Blast was rarely useful
>Chaos control was only good for missions that involved reaching the goal ring, which were usually neutral missions and weren't even that plentiful
>Chaos Control during the boss fights actually stops time and would be a major help in the main levels, but of course yo couldn't fucking have that, that would be good game design
>Enemies are all uninspired bullet sponges
>Levels were made out of Sonic Heroes assets except for the black comet levels
>This game had 'All Hail Shadow' in the soundtrack

Honestly, it could have been a contender for worst Sonic game if 06 and Boom weren't technical abominations.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1502x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1502x502px
>>378398168
>No. Shadow was a terrible idea from the start

Totally
>>
File: sonic im outta here.png (632KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
sonic im outta here.png
632KB, 750x750px
>>378404141
You're right, I'm sorry I questioned the same people who explained that the Shadow you play as in Shadow the Hedgehog is the original in a single voice only line if you wait for ten minutes in the final battle. They truly planned out his character well beyond what we know, which is why in 06 he works for the same organization that killed Maria, destroyed Gerald's research, and hunted him down in his own game. I especially love how his inhibitor rings were never brought up before after their removal in his story.

They've been playing chess while we were stuck on checkers.
>>
>>378390465
>Actual fun gameplay with a layer of Sonic paint
Good enough for me.
>>
File: PROTOTYPE[1].png (145KB, 290x358px)
PROTOTYPE[1].png
145KB, 290x358px
>>378405445
I'd love a Sonic game that plays like pic related without the vehicles and stealth. I always wanted a Sonic game with wall running, plus it already has a homing attack.
>>
>>378390465
They did try that with the werehog levels of Unleashed. It didn't work out.
>>
The werehog was fun and a much better design than shadow. If they bring that back and make it so you can continue XXYYXX combos infinitely without unleashed mode and make more stages like the DLC ones, it would be perfect
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.