[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ubisoft abandoning The Division? The next round of content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: news_reveal_web_101398.jpg (120KB, 620x334px) Image search: [Google]
news_reveal_web_101398.jpg
120KB, 620x334px
Is Ubisoft abandoning The Division? The next round of content is pretty much adding modifiers and some other shit but it doesnt seem like anything after that is planned (at least not narrative wise). Fucking sucks. Its only current ubishit game I liked.
>>
They have a hardon for abandoning games. They love reaping in the opening week sales profits and after that no one could give a shit.
>>
>>378389705
They want it to die but they still wanna milk it at the same time. Dont know if you noticed but that new patch added microtransactions.
>>
>>378389705
There was rumor that they were considering a sequel but it got cancelled to funnel more money into the new Avatar game Ubi's working on.
>>
>>378389705

It's 13 dollars at gamestop
>>
I mean, I am just now playing it and can understand why people would abandon it.
>>
>>378389705
They're not abandoning it per se. We're still getting content over the next year and the game is the best that it's been, however they are funneling a lot of resources into fixing R6 and hopefully doing something about the state of Ghost Recon.

Somebody tell them to stop releasing unfinished games
>>
>>378393173
But heres the thing. Year 2 just adds leaderboards and other bullshit essentially making the game like the second half of MGSV. The same story missions at higher difficulties. Was really hoping to get more info on the story and maybe a new area. Like maybe a new borough.
>>
>>378393173
Is there a plan for more of the story?
>>
I really dont want this game to die. Put in alot of time and survival was great. Fucking shame. FUCKING UBISHIT
>>
>>378393173
Basically this. Year 2 content is free for a reason. Though to be real, theres more of a chance of seeing a sequel rather than any actual new expansions. Dont forget >>378389929
>>
>>378393926
I mean, it's still going pretty strong as far as I am aware.
>>378393346
Sounds pretty cool.
>>
File: the-division-artwork-10.jpg (1MB, 1920x788px) Image search: [Google]
the-division-artwork-10.jpg
1MB, 1920x788px
>>378393173
>Somebody tell them to stop releasing unfinished games

Fucking this. They probably had some ACTUAL content planned but since they are imbeciles who cant finish their own games they need to spend more time fixing shit rather than creating it. Dammit I just wanna explore the rest of the city and possibly get a 60fps fix on the PS4. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT LOADOUTS
>>
>>378395116
Does the game not run at 60fps on PS4? It runs fine on PCs with an R7 260x/FX-6100, assuming the rendering resolution scale isnt at 100%
>>
Am I the only one who can't stand the community in this game? I can't even go into the DZ to get some loot and extract without being hunted by a group of 3 or 4 other fags who just go around killing other players for no reason at all.
>>
>>378389705
Did they ever fix the engine or is the dark zone or whatever still packed with glitchers and hackers?

For a game that constantly goes on about magic viruses killing people and producing monsters, it was completely retarded that all the enemies were just bullet spongy people. It's like the game designers didn't sit down with the story writers until a week before release.
>>
>>378395372
Nope its 30fps which is fine since after a fuck load of updates, it stays consistent. All Im saying is that rather than fucking loadouts, they shouldve considered a 60fps fix.

>>378395395
Yeah most if not all DZ exploits have been patched. At this stage I just want more stories or scenarios.
>>
>>378395385
But that's the thrill of DZ
>>
>>378396359
Agreed, but it still sucks if you're going at it alone.
>>
>>378396359
No, there is no thrill in going in wanting to get some loot and dealing with a group of 4 faggots who are preventing every other player from extracting. It's one thing if these people would take your shit but a majority of the time they just kill you for the lols.
>>
>>378394229
>Sounds pretty cool.
How the fuck does adding leaderboards here sound cool? Why not add a new area because the map isn't fucking full? Or even continuing the damn story?
>>
Speaking of ubishit what happened with for honor?
>>
>>378397407
DZ is big, just go somewhere else, and there's always a group hunting those 4 faggots
>>
>>378397826
Not that anon but calling down extraction will attract everyone in teh DZ able to run there and any new player trying to start the game today will have the worst problem because they will find mostly people with the best loadout for their current bracket and that is if the matchmaking system doesn't shit itself and put him on endgame tier
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378389705
pretty much yes. they have already said the next year of 'content' would not include new missions or zones or anything

its a real shame because that was one of the most fun games ive played in a while. the atmosphere was fucking top notch and the soundtrack is up there with the best
>>
>>378398275
Please explain?
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>378398664
what is there to explain? that one dude who did the community shit said there werent any expansions or anything new slated for the next year

there is nothing more to expect, the game isnt changing and is probably now going to be ignored
>>
>>378399119
I don't understand how they expect to keep interest if they're not actually adding content.
>>
>>378399974
they dont, thats the point
>>
>>378400087
So that's it? Just let the game die? Do the DLCs bring anything new to to the table?
>>
>>378389705
I don't think they ever had much of a plan to support it after launch. None of the DLC has expanded on the core game besides the Incursions they add, and to be honest I've never even bothered with Incursions. Survival would be great if there was some (any) variance to it and if you could play a solo instance so you don't have to sit in a queue. They also did a good job unfucking the game with 1.4 but then fucked it right back almost right away.

Compare The Division one year later to where Destiny was after a year and it's hard not to laugh. This sucks because I like The Division, it's a relaxing farming and character building game but it just doesn't change enough to stay interesting.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378400260
more or less yes, no more major changes have been even rumored for a while.

chances are they got pulled to work on something else, but i bet if given the chance they would want to expand upon it.

the current dlcs are good, if someone were to play the game now they should have them
>>
>ITT: retards who dont know shit and say the first dumb shit that pops into their head

game is on life support yes but if you actually follow whats happening then you would know that ETF members confirmed new content and a possibility of a map expansion

which doesnt matter because they nerfed all the fun out of the game because of muh shitty pvp for retarded kids

>nerf player gears multiple times
>dont nerf the AI
bravo
all swedes are retards

swedish devs(DICE, Massive)make good engines and graphics but they cant make a good game
>>
>>378401447
Any story details?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.