[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0741.jpg (122KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0741.jpg
122KB, 250x280px
What could go wrong?
>>
looks decent enough, better than the shit they've been releasing up until now anyway.
>>
Honestly nothing. Maybe it'll get delayed again?
>>
>>378385584
Don't set yourself up for disappointment anon
>>
>>378385673
How could I be disappointed with the team it has?
>>
>>378385741
It could be too short, it could have lackluster stage design, not enough new zones, etc.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but temper your expectations a little.
>>
No playable Rosy
>>
>>378386345
That's fine
>>
>>378385439

Honestly everything.

We don't know now and won't know until we get into it.

So forward a the only way to go. That is thnspirit of Sonic.
>>
File: IMG_0764.jpg (451KB, 1278x1650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0764.jpg
451KB, 1278x1650px
Just seeing this gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
>>
>>378385872
Indeed. As good as it seems so far if you let the hype consume you even a good game can be a let down.

As for me, I fully expect the game to be too short with a maximum of 4 non-recycled zones. I expect no more than 8 zones overall would be pleasently surprised with 10 and overjoyed with 12.
>>
>>378388117
Looks like they got that old artist that made art for Sonic around the Saturn era to come back. That's cool.
>>
File: 7587487487587565.jpg (37KB, 416x414px) Image search: [Google]
7587487487587565.jpg
37KB, 416x414px
>>378385439
>tails
>>
>>378388117
Fuck
>>
>>378388232
They've said it'll be longer then Generations. So hopefully 10 zones at least.
>>
>>378385439
They'll add the Forces OC generator to it as well.
>>
>>378385439
Possibly level design, also maybe the returning zones will be extremely underwhelming, no idea. So far I'm cumming still.

>>378385872
>>378388234
Reminder it's at least longer than Generations.
>>
They let Iizuka in their building
>>
Too many legacy zones, the new zones aren't that good and/or they have some gimmick that makes them a chore to replay.

But I honestly want the game to succeed. Sonic 2 and 3&K are amazing games, but some of their levels and overall pacing were lackluster, and don't really take full advantage of the tight gameplay they nailed; and Mania could be a step closer to that, especially because the devs are passionate fans who seem to know what they're doing.
>>
File: CUM POTENCIA.jpg (76KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CUM POTENCIA.jpg
76KB, 640x360px
>>378388117
>Google image search leads to "Sonic Forces new character"
What did it mean by this?
>>
>>378389257
Dunno anon.
>>
>>378388756
How out of touch is he?
>>
>>378390270

He genuinely believed that Mania's reveal would be lukewarm at best. The massive reaction took him completely by surprise.
>>
>>378391046
Hmm. Maybe he'll learn then.
>>
>>378391147
That people like classic Sonic and then every 3D game from now on will featuring him alongside modern? I'm sure he'll learn that
>>
>>378391373
Hey as long as we get a sequel to Mania.
>>
>>378391373
>hey, we've heard that people are tired of the dumb OCs, so now the games will have TWO (2) Sonics at the same instead

Don't hurt me like that anon, don't remind me of reality.
>>
Who had the idea to get Tee Lopes?
>>
File: l342.png (489KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
l342.png
489KB, 470x469px
>>378392441
>>
>>378392441
Pagoda Games who's made of other Sonic fangame creators had Tee Lopes as their music producer. Must've just been connections with Pagoda Games also being a part of Mania's development.
>>
>>378390270
So out of touch that he made Lost World's physics some of the worst in the entire series, while at the same time forcing in as much "Classic Sonic" sounds and textures as possible. He has NO idea what it is that fans actually enjoyed about the original games and thinks that as long as there are brown bricks and green stripes we'll be happy. He needs to fire himself.
>>
>>378385439
It could have press X to boost
>>
>>378390270

In like 2007 he directed a sequel to a score attack game. In the sequel, score attacking is basically impossible because of the game's basic mechanics and level structure.
>>
>>378393281
What game?
>>
>>378394265
I think he's referring to Sonic And The Secret Rings?
>>
6 worlds of metropolis zone tier bullshit
>>
>>378394265
I'm assuming Journey of Dreams
>>
>>378394265

NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams.
In case you haven't played either. Both games involve making circuits around a section of level under a time limit, trying to accomplish a specific goal and make it back to the start point before the timer runs out to move on to the next section of level.
In NiGHTs 1, the goal was to drop off 20 collectible orbs in a capsule somewhere along the track. Once you drop the orbs off you get double points for the rest of the track. You touch the start point to move on to the next track but to get good scores you have to fly over the start point so you can keep looping around the level, trying to optimize the points gained per loop and how many loops you can make before your time runs out.
In NiGHTs 2, each level has a bird that's looping around the track. Your goal is to catch it, then take the key it's carrying back to the start point in order to move on. The difference here is you are forced to move on once you grab the key, and there's now a time bonus for getting the key to the start ASAP. These changes sound minor, but it essentially ruins any score attack potential the game could have, since the time bonus far outweighs anything you can do in the level.
This isn't even getting into the games other problems, like there's a bunch of mandatory filler missions and the game has so many (unskippable, ugly, badly written) cutscenes that a first playthrough is probably at least a third watching cutscenes.
>>
>First real 2D Sonic game in years
>Literally half of the stages are just rehashes of stages from prior classic Sonic games

Yeah, nah. Hope this shit flops.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.