[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to raise a kid to have good taste in video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

I have a nephew who was just born and I'm going to help raise it. I want him to have good taste in video games when he grows up so eventually when I'm old we can play games together.

How does someone do this? what specific games should I introduce him to and at what age?
>>
>>378383786
you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>378383914
why do you say that?
>>
>>378383786
Don't "introduce" him to anything, faggot.
Just play age appropriate games when he's around sometimes that's also flashy and low on text.
Just show him that games aren't serious and you can fuck around in them in any way you desire since that's all they'll be able to do at early ages.
My mom ran an at home daycare my whole life and I'd play games with kids 3 - 10 all the time.
I played Halo Reach co-op with one of them, I betrayed him once and then he stuck me with a nade, we spent an hour killing each other on the first level and he was laughing the whole time. Was fun.
>>
don't let them watch TV (they might see a game with "good" graphics) and don't let them have any console beyond 6th gen
>>
my niece and nephew love their SNES.

Nephew is also big into Minecraft and Terraria, pretty cool kid honestly.
>>
>>378383786
Strictly abide by the ESRB age rating
>>
>>378384006
cause you're a dick sucking faggot, faggot
>>
>>378385074
ESRB is bullshit
>>
>>378383786
if you think he's going to be exposed to them naturally just see what he likes, and buy him the best games from that genre.
>>
File: 1386053525470.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1386053525470.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
>Few years back, baby sitting the cousin.
>he's 14
>He's from a poor family and has never touched a Ps3
>Absolutely DEMANDS to play it
>Plug in the SNES and and make him beat Megaman X in order to play the Ps3
>Over two weeks he eventually beats it
>Sit him down and have him play Demon's Souls. Tell him once he clears that title he can play whatever he wants
>A few months later I hear he is in trouble at school for "bullying" other kids about the games they play.
>Apprently he's been berating people for not playing hard games.

I made him into a bastard.
>>
>>378383786
Just have him try different games. If YouTube is still around in there future keep him away from it. My little brother watches gaming videos on YouTube all the time and basically sticks to the games they play like COD or rocket league.
>>
>>378385521
Is there any way to do the same to my nephew without him becoming an asshole?
>>
>20's kid
>uncle comes over
>wants me to play this stupid game from 40 years ago
>leaves
>goes back to playing what my parents bought me
>>
>>378385887
We show kids classic movies from a long time ago and they love it. Why would it be different for games?
>>
>>378383786
Make him play the original mario bros trilogy. Those games are perfect for getting children into video games.
>>
File: download.png (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11KB, 318x159px
>>378386580
forgot pic
>>
>>378385797
>>>378385521
>Is there any way to do the same to my nephew without him becoming an asshole?
Teach him to not be an asshole
>>
>>378385521
Congratulations! In a few years your cousin will be berating others online for playing different vidya! He might even post on this very board with us, in fact.
>>
>>378388954
Its an abstract feeling. At least he wont be a filthy casul
>>
>>378383786
You sound like an autismal faggot. Hope they forbid your nephew from hanging around with someone that thinks having good taste in videogames is something worth teaching to an infant instead of doing something with your life like go have kids on your own, weirdo.
>>
>>378383786
Play Animal Crossing with him, I used to play with my little sis all the time and it was great.
>>
>>378386076
Games do age.
>>
>>378383786
>it
Stay classy, uncle.
>>
>>378385887
Holy shit this, fucking cringe. I would tell him to fuck off and get some friends instead and leave me enjoy my non-ancient looking games so i can get taste on my own without some megavirging trying to force feed me.
>>
>>378383786
Introduce him to games, but don't force him to play anything. I know a family that spends equal time showing their 8 year old daughter Final Fantasy V and King of Fighters games while still letting them play stuff like Angry Birds and microtransaction app games (with parental controls to prevent the kid from burning through a few thousand bucks of course)
>>
>>378384006
He's unhappy himself
>>
now that he is young, introduce him to dark souls. when he is about 10 let him play his first final fantasy. then at 13 when he has finally reached an age of understanding very complicated and deep stories, let him play kingdom hearts. after that, when he is at least 16, let him play shadow the hedgehog
>>
>>378384583
so you're saying you shouldn't guide children at all? That's how you end up with cuck SJW kids instead of woken ones
>>
>>378383786
Don't make him get into sports so he grows up to be a chad.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.