[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunless Sea thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (22KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
22KB, 460x215px
What does /v/ think of this game?

It's a really strange game in it's story telling and gameplay but it's stupidly addicting.

Also what's up with the dawn machine? Went near it and got 50 terror
>>
>>378378995
I played it for a few minutes and then stopped

didnt get into it, very very text heavy and the game bogged down for me when trying to sift through all the heavy text when figuring out where to go
>>
>>378378995
UN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE S
>>
Whenever you close your eyes, you see the shining towers rise. The Name burns within.
>>
>>378378995
The Dawn Machine is like an artificial god made by the Admirality, who didn't really know what they were doing.
>>
File: wut.jpg (106KB, 400x341px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
106KB, 400x341px
Why is there an island full of monkeys that want my soul?

What is the zee? Why is everything in an underground ocean?

What happened to the world?

Seriously WTF is this game?
>>
I like the idea but I hate the poncy writing style and the game is basically drowning in it. I bought it on TB's recommendation before he outed himself as a huge faggot, no surprise that he enjoys this kind of Victorian-poncecore faux-Lovecraft kind of wank.
>>
>>378379931
>the Zee
Massive underground lake.

>Why is everything an underground ocean?
Welcome to the Neath, sucker! London got stolen by bats and taken underground to the Neath about 30 years ago. The Neath itself is a massive underground cavern.

>What happened to the world?
The rest of the world is fine, you can even visit it if you're feeling brave. Hit up the Cumaean Canal.

>>378380058
It's fantastic if you can get into it, but if you don't like the writing style then it definitely doesn't get any better.
>>
>when you realize that the Bazaar is actually alive and not just some shop
>>
>>378380498
>The rest of the world is fine

Really? I thought it went up in nuclear fire and everyone just held up in new london.

>got stolen by bats

Care to elaborate? Did the bats dig a tunnel?
>>
>>378381132
Here, enjoy the quick rundown https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CpnhakUKxFeXzONYyccrrWhvc7kZeIK4q7gcEtK6sQo/edit#_=_
>>
Bought both the base game and the expansion, won't play until they port it on Android tablets, because there's no reason to play this on a R9 Fury.
>>
>>378381086
>when you think you've finally gotten the entire scope of the lore and then everything is shifted on its head
Seriously, this game and Fallen London are the bomb.

>>378381132
The basic gist is that London was "selected" and taken down into the Neath, which has existed for a very long time on the earth. Getting down to it isn't really an issue.

It's entirely your choice, but I'd probably not bother checking out >>378381257 if you're actually interested - it's much more fun to find shit on your own by playing this and Fallen London.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.