[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SMT4 Apocalypse ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: SMTIV FINAL Famitsu.jpg (118KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
SMTIV FINAL Famitsu.jpg
118KB, 500x309px
How come absolutely nobody else sides with Dagda? How come Toki turns against you immediately after saying she'd stick with you? I get they wanted some shock value out of you betraying your whole team, but why does Nanashi end up as Dagda's only ally when he's right?
>>
>>378369573

The problem with SMTIV:Final is it subscribes to the Mass Effect morality system.
You are either a nice person who reacts proportionally and without any undue hostility or you are a complete wanker who strives to piss everyone off for no reason.

Properly siding with Dagda required you to do the latter, it was counter-intuitive.
>>
I like Asahi very much
>>
Dagda route is better than the Persona route anyways.
>>
>>378369573
It's a very poorly written game and it treats every path that isn't friendship as wrong and evil despite your friends being a bunch of boring assholes. I really do wonder why they even gave you the option to side with Merkabah and Lucifer.
>>
File: omiw.jpg (56KB, 600x702px) Image search: [Google]
omiw.jpg
56KB, 600x702px
>>378369573
Dagda has some kind of death wish since he wants to become pure nature and wishes for a world with no gods. Also other people are attached to the universe they live in you know. Of course they wouldn't side with him or the divine powers. Imagine to live in a new universe where 4chan didn't exist, wouldn't that upset you a bit?
>>
What if God came down from the sky and told you he is going to destroy you and everything you love for his own image?

You probably wouldn't like that
>>
File: Char.jpg (55KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Char.jpg
55KB, 720x480px
>>378371678
>Imagine to live in a new universe where 4chan didn't exist, wouldn't that upset you a bit?
>>
>>378369573
>Dagda's goal is making a one true neutral ending universe, even goes through with his promise and essentially offs himself in the ending
>Steven is entirely against this
>Steven is a boss fight in an extra DLC
I'm more interested in what Steven is planning. Clearly something is up
>>
>>378371678
Them fighting to stop you makes sense but whats hilarious is how quickly they go from best friends forever to murder. They don't even try and talk you out of it they just immediately jump to killing, even Toki who goes on about how she wants to be with you forever then turns around on that shit in like a second with no hesitation.
>>
>>378372067
He's not against it though. He helps you find and kill YHVH. And in the DLC I'm pretty sure he brought everyone there because they were huge scrubs and fucked up and he gave them all second chances.
>>
>>378372257
The writing was a bit off...but to their defense they knew about Dagda's plan, so I think most of them were kinda wary about Nanashi, they knew he could turn on them pretty quickly
>>
>>378372257

It's a shame that was so poorly executed since I've wanted to see an RPG where you can be the traitor for a while now. I know that's a spoilery subject, but can you recommend any RPGs where you can betray your allies, /v/?
>>
>>378372435
Really that just opens up more holes in the plot for me. How come they weren't making plans to stop Dagda and Nanashi in case they went through with it? How come they never tried to free Nanashi from Dagda's control sooner? How come they never ask Nanashi how he feels about Dagda's plan until seconds before he did it? The story isn't the worst thing I've ever seen but the number of great ideas it wastes really drive me up the wall and the sheer bias it has towards the friendship path end up fucking over a lot of things in the game. Plus they don't even feel like friends after all that anyway, Nozomi will even play on your emotions for a chance to shoot you in the massacre ending. For all it's faults the cast in Persona 4 is willing kill a man with you and take that secret to the grave. That's a powerful friendship.
>>
People only like the Anarchy ending because of the kill your friends xD meme.

A shame because other SMT games have a reason for you to fight them, and their ideals are brought up throughout the game. In Apocalypse the story just takes a hard left with nonsensical character progression.
>>
>>378371678
>4chan didn't exist, wouldn't that upset you a bit?
If 4chan didn't exist, so is 9gag and reddit.
I'm totally okay with that.
>>
>>378374153
I prefer the Anarchy ending because the Bonds route is retarded and its ending serves no real purpose beyond not killing your friends. The Anarchy ending isn't great or anything, but it's better than the alternative.
>>
File: 71tutnimdHL.jpg (252KB, 1200x1713px) Image search: [Google]
71tutnimdHL.jpg
252KB, 1200x1713px
I want to fuck Flynn
>>
File: tumblr_ncjhihlofT1s9bv8lo2_1280.png (225KB, 800x639px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncjhihlofT1s9bv8lo2_1280.png
225KB, 800x639px
>>378369573
Because Dagda was right, they aren't your friends
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.