[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i play Dark Souls on PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Should i play Dark Souls on PC?
>>
The series are shit
>>
>>378367053
no reason not to unless you want to play it for PvP or have no decent gamepad
>>
>>378367239
i have no gamepad
>>
>>378367053
Yes. Just be sure of download some mods to fix it.
>>
>>378367053
Just get DSFix. There can be some physics problems if you go over 30fps, but I haven't seen any. The most common problem seems to be falling through the world when sliding down ladders, so be sure to toggle the fps cap back on with DSFix using backspace when sliding down ladders.

You can also get the Pvp Watchdog to make it less likely to be invaded by cheaters, and Wulf's Dark Souls Connectivity Mod to connect to more people.

There are some mods that make kb+m controls better, if you have no gamepad, but I've never used them.
>>
Short answer? No
Long answer? Yes
>>
>>378367413
You will need a mod to fix the keyboard controls (vanilla is literally unplayeble).

Anyway, the game is made to be played with a gamepad, it's worst with keyboard.

My first souls game was Dark Souls 2 and I played it with keyboard. It's not impossible and you can enjoy it, but a gamepad it's the proper thing. Keep that in mind if you find the controls awful.
>>
>>378367509
with 60fps+ there are just some rare chances of falling through the floor at some ladders and two jumps are very difficult to do (not impossible)
>>
>>378367869
>>378367509
>>378367239
recommend me some pc controller please. I have x360 pad but i have no idea how to spare it with pc
>>
>>378368869
a wired 360 controller is a good cheap option
>>
Dark Souls on PC is what destroyed the fanbase.
>>
>>378368869
xbox pads are pretty much tier one. 360 as good budget alternative, the xbox ones if you desperately need a somewhat decent digital cross.
that said if youre a PSfag a dualshock controller isnt bad either. most PC games support xbox pads better though
>>
>>378367053
If you're gonna play it at all, yes. If you play it on console be prepared to deal with single digit framerates
>>
File: 2096hbk.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2096hbk.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>378368869
Maybe you can buy a xbox 360 receptor for the pc, used or new. Xbox 360 controller it's just heaven.
>>
>>378369921
>>378368869
It should not be very expensive. I use that to play everyday.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.