[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Link Partners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 13

File: Midna_(Hyrule_Warriors).png (98KB, 200x372px) Image search: [Google]
Midna_(Hyrule_Warriors).png
98KB, 200x372px
If you could, which one would you bring back for an adventure?

My top 3;

Midna
Ezlo
Tatl

Fuck Navi. Tatl had personality and genuinely forged a friendship with Link whereas Navi was just doing a job and fucked off without any gratuity towards Link, not even saying goodbye.
>>
Sex the loli midget imp.
>>
File: 1480198146319.jpg (234KB, 606x799px) Image search: [Google]
1480198146319.jpg
234KB, 606x799px
>>
Midna because she makes my winky stand up
>>
Ezlo can't come back because Skyward Sword retconned the hat backstory.
>>
I was just thinking about this the other day OP. My favourite partners for Link (the ones you mentioned) have:
>their own personalities that aren't simply "helpful"
>their own motivations for going on the adventure (Tatl wanting to get back to Tael, etc.)
>character arcs, for example where the characters start out more selfish or having an abrasive personality compared to Link and then growing as they see Link's selfless actions
>generally, some sort of tension or clashing with Link that gives way to genuine friendship
I think that Fi would have been much better received had the tension with Link angle been more played up, and had she been less annoyingly helpful. If they had played up the idea of her impatience and perhaps disappointment with being saddled with a lazy slacker of a Chosen One, with Link's actions serving to defrost her, she would have been much more interesting and bearable a companion without fitting into the Midna/Ezlo/Tatl "initially selfish" archetype.
>>
Spirit Zelda was the best because she was funnest and had the added bonus of having you travel with your waifu.
>>
File: 1464650569636.jpg (446KB, 691x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1464650569636.jpg
446KB, 691x1500px
>>
File: spirit tracks high five.gif (438KB, 316x186px) Image search: [Google]
spirit tracks high five.gif
438KB, 316x186px
>>378360838
This. Best Link companions are the "unlikely" duo ones where the companion gets to be the more sarcastic/selfish/funny one, and then you see how Link and the companion genuinely become friends.
>>
File: beyond_mad.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
beyond_mad.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>378358016
NONE OF THEM, because the #1 complaint about Zelda games before BOTW was being too similar. The last thing I want is to bring back literally the same character from a previous game. Give me a new character or none at all.
Especially not Midna, because she went back to human form at the end of TP, so turning her into a monster again would be reusing a large portion of the plot in a really stupid way. It's the sort of thing that, if it happens to a person more than once, you know the author has officially given up.
>>
>>378362171
Midna was just really popular, it'd be nice to see her again and arguable her imp form is the most popular. However, she'd have no reason to back to it so it'd either have to be a real asspul to get Midna back or she's have to willingly turn back into Imp form for Links sake with some roundabout reasoning.

Also does King of Red Lions die in the end of WW? Or can he go back to boat form? Was he dead to begin with? I cant remember.
>>
File: waiting for death.png (91KB, 373x320px) Image search: [Google]
waiting for death.png
91KB, 373x320px
>>378359729
Navi wouldn't be bad if they ever even fucking bothered to make her more than a "HEY LISTEN" audiofile. Shigeru Miyamoto said that Navi had feelings for link at one point but nothing ever came from that so I guess they just scrapped any development Navi had. On top of the the Manga adaptation had Navi saying she loved link. Wasted potential.
>>
Midna thread?
>>
Midna thread
>>
>>378362926
As long as you include human form

The point of Fi was that she was supposed to be robotic though. Even if it wasn't the best kind of personality to pair alongside Links, like that anon mentioned it would've been cool if they played upon her distrust aspect of Link but even that would've probably worn out its welcome by the end of the second defeated boss cause obviously at that point, Links the guy for the job.

I can't think of anyone worse then Navi but everyones passes her because OoT so she's meme status.
>>
>>378358016
I would bring back True Form Midna for an adventure, and the adventure would be sex and long days just relaxing laying together in a hotel somewhere
>>
Id love an adventure where he 4 Swords Links are each others partners but this time around the blue, red, and purple ones are the ones with personalities where green link is the original personality.
>>
>>378362893
My issue with OoT is that so many of the girls' personality boils down to "likes Link + harem archetype." At least subsequent games made more of an effort to distinguish different kinds of characters. Link's Awakening only had one girl and it worked; when every single temple and even the companion character revolve around a girl who wants sum fuk it gets a bit tiring. I had more patience for that when I was younger and desperately wanted the attention of girls. Now it's boring. If Navi had had even a smidgen of some sort of character arc, any sort of insecurity, even something as boring and vapid as "I have feelings for Link but a fairy and a Hylian can't be together" she would have been more memorable.

>>378363239
I think that they could have at least done something interesting with her. She provides assistance and assumes Link to be a stupid buffoon because of her distrust, the "I was expecting someone worthy of the Chosen Hero status". After Link proves his worth such as by the end of the second dungeon or whenever there's a turning point, Fi could begin to regard him differently and cease offering so much unwanted help. At that point we could incorporate other aspects of her character, such as questions of what a "servant of fate" ought to look like. If Link can still be himself while being the chosen hero, then Fi can also have emotions etc etc yadda yadda. But the initial tension isn't there.

Remember that in Twilight Princess, Midna actually began to respect Link at the halfway point of the game.
>>
Why not make Link's companion a unicorn?
He's probably going to need a horse anyway, so it's two birds with one stone.
>>
>>378364301
This was already kind of done with Wind Waker.

Also since this is the LoZ thread that isn't BoTW, is Triforce Heroes worth a pick up? I hear its best aspect is online but is it still alive or what?
>>
>>378358016
I would bring imp midna back for a game of "ride my cock"
>>
>>378364443
It's not alive if you just look for random strangers to play with, but there are still plenty of people who play it. Get some friend codes; I'd exchange with you if you wanted. I think the game is pretty damn fun and it has the best use of 3D puzzles in a top-down Zelda I've seen.

>>378364301
Tell me more. What kind of Zelda game would you foresee with that?
>>
>>378364643
Im down, anon

1822-3845-8425

How does this work? Can I see when you're on? Tell you the truth, I did play TH and wanted to get back into it, but wasn't sure about the liveliness of the online.
>>
>>378365216
Me too. I've wanted to get back into it for some time, though we'd have to get a third person to join in. I'm only about halfway through the game myself.

I unfortunately just remembered that I have to keep my 3ds off of online capabilities until the CFW banwave stops, but that shouldn't be more than a few days, I hope.

Can I get a method of contacting you outside of 4chan?
>>
>>378365216
And I realised that I neglected to include my FC in the post, whoops: 4012-4694-7010.
>>
>>378366015
Yeah no worries, i got you added
I only really have Skype though.
>>
>>378366413
Mind passing on over your skype? It'll be easier to coordinate times like that. I have a friend or two that'd be willing to come along with us or we can try to find a third anon.
>>
>>378366821
For sure
lunarshadow0 is my skype name
could i get yours?
>>
File: linebeck.png (183KB, 366x600px) Image search: [Google]
linebeck.png
183KB, 366x600px
Linebeck, Spirit Zelda, Ezlo are top tier

I don't know why the handhelds get the best companions, but they do
>>
File: link and marin.gif (50KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
link and marin.gif
50KB, 400x200px
>>378366940
Pretty sure it's flutflutflyer. I've gotta dash now but I'll be back in a few hours and will add you then.
>>
File: 1438189193624.gif (892KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1438189193624.gif
892KB, 200x150px
>>378367057
cool, hope you dont mind if i steal every good treasure once i get linebeck costume

>>378367028
Linebeck was so good he was referenced in the next, too bad he didn't make Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>378367028
Shit tier. All helpers are shit tier.
>>
File: wft.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
wft.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>
Ghost Zelda or Fi. Considering I wouldn't know what the fuck I'm doing, have the attention span of an ant, and lack a Wiimote, Fi.

Unless I can pick Farore
>>
Has the bad guy ever been the partner in these games?
>>
>>378368319
Linebeck, sort of
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.