[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (45KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
45KB, 288x345px
Why is this game so hard?
>>
It isn't
>>
It is
>>
>>378355186
You're not putting enough levels into Vitality.
>>
10days
>>
the difficulty is a consequence of having to go through large portions of levels again when you die
a lot of games are actually harder than this and all other souls games, but they let you learn faster because you don't have to run past enemies for 5 minutes to fight a boss again
>>
git gud
>>
>>378355186
Sucks that the mobs are less aggressive. only played DaS and some of this
>>
>>378355186
What is hard for you? What especific enemy, condition or boss? I can help.

Also, it may be that you played a lot of DarkSouls and you are just starting.
>>
>>378355186
because its fun
>>
>>378355186
I actually managed to play this game which was a bitch. Honestly just remember to take advantage of the rally system to get your health back and it's a breeze imo
>>
>>378355871
This is not true. But yeah, after playing 3 Dark Souls 1 enemies seems very agressive
>>
>>378356041
Plat. Woops.
>>
>rush into their attack
>Spam R1 behind them
>Rinse and repeat
How is that hard?
>>
>tfw Lawrence wrecking my ass entire day

fucking sucks
>>
File: brrt.jpg (47KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
brrt.jpg
47KB, 960x606px
>>378355715

This. I figured out the combat, but the absolute dearth of save points as well as the enemies respawning if you die means there is no level progression.

You have to iron man each level to progress. Maybe in a second playthrough this can be fun, when you know where all the enemies are, what their weaknesses are, how they attack, and so on, it would be fun.

But trying to play it as a noob is a soul crushing experience and honestly a waste of money IMO. I deeply regret this purchase. I just do not find it fun to get face planted over and over again trying to learn the ins and outs of each random trash mob enemy, let alone the bosses.

This sort of difficulty is supposed to exist as the "Nightmare Mode" setting on a game for the truly dedicated players looking for a challenge. Usually on their second play through.

Not as the unavoidable standard difficulty. I get that the Soulsborne games have a huge cult following, but that is all they will be. I honestly believe most of the sales from this game are from people who bought it stupidly believing the hype, and then never played it more then 3 hours because it is literally that fucking frustrating and unfun.

>I want my 20 bucks back dammit
>>
>>378356405
you mean laurence right? just be patient and only attack once when there is an opening, hes not hard.
>>
10 days
>>
Bosses have more HP than other Souls games, and you cannot turtle. Furthermore, dodging is actually less safe than rolling in the other games. If you are too used to rolling through attacks, the difference will trip you up.
>>
>>378355186
It isn't, it's quite easy actually.
The thing with Bloodborne is that it's all about aggression, You have to be moving at all times during fights.
>>
>>378356419
3 words for you
git gud senpai

i cannot believe you tell me you play a Souls game without knowing what you are in for.
>>
>>378356917
but its true that rollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollR1rollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollrollR1rollrollrollrollrollrollR1 wont help you in Bloodborne
>>
10 days etc etc...
>>
>>378355186
Because you're bad
>>
>>378355186
You have to change your tactics if you're used to other Souls games. It's about dodging and hyper aggression, not turtling.

Plus I found the game's parry system incredibly inconsistent.
>>
I'm actually having a harder time in Dark Souls 3 than Bloodborne because the enemies are relatively more aggressive while my character more sluggish. Gotta play defensively and actually use a shield sometimes.
>>
>>378357121
that's why he needs to get good
>>
>>378355903
I'm just trying to just get the hang out the dodge and attack system plus I can't ever get a feel for the weapons. The cleaver is great with speed which seems to be a key thing in the game but then it's rather weak at times while hunter's axe and kirkhammer is quite powerful they are slow many times so it has me doing inconsistent play styles
>>
Low framerate makes it artificially difficult
>>
the dodge animation makes no sense in bloodborne, I actually hate it

I seriously prefer the old roll to this new anime dash
>>
>>378355715
>the difficulty is a consequence of having to go through large portions of levels again when you die

false, all the levels have multiple shortcuts, once you open them up you can get to a boss with only 3 enemies in your way
>>
>>378358223
Seems like you should just upgrade the cleaver if it feels more better
>>
>>378356743
>>378358629
You can dodge normally if you don't lock on. And there are a LOT of instances where locking on is bad because the camera goes apeshit. The dash is best used for moving around/getting behind enemies.
>>
Meow
>>
>>378355402
fucking this. Rush to 50 vitality and every boss becomes easier.
>>
bloodborne is probably my favorite souls game. but god damn is ludwig the hardest boss or what

it took me 2 hours to get through ludwig on a new character but that same character got through living failures and maria in one try, and orphan of kosm on my third try.
>>
>>378361241
I had a lot more trouble with Laurance than Ludwig.
>>
>>
>>378361319
ill be honest i forgot about laurence for a bit, beat him on my first try but i was definitely overlevelled thanks to chalices.
>>
I can hear plat anon typing right now.
>>
I'd argue it's only iffy until you overcome turtle instincts. You get significantly more health than standard souls, heal very quickly, rally system for fixing fuckups, you can still roll, the dash i-frames are easier to time imo and allow for faster follow-up attacks, trick weapons for multiple ranges, you're not committed to attacks as much as DaS2 and can dodge away, etc, etc.
>>
>>378355186
I want to say get good, but after watching my roommate fail at papa gas so many times I cant. The better advice is to learn from your mistakes. 9/10 times you die it is your fault. Maybe you should have dodged, parried, backed off to heal or been more aggressive. It doesn't matter that you died, but that you learn what you did wrong.
>>
>>378356743

Bullshit. Dark Souls 3 is the king of .HP sponges. Bloodborne doesn't hold a candle to bosses like Friede and Midir.
>>
People overvalue dodging in Bloodborne, positioning is much more important. Getting behind an enemy and wacking away at them is much easier than trying to abuse i-frames at sub-30 FPS.
>>
>>378355452
>>378356612
Try 3 days
Got my first ending day 2 going in blind
sped through the other shit in one day
>>
>>378355715
What? Bloodborne is up its own ass with shortcuts. The only one with a slightly difficult runback is The One Reborn.
>>
>>378362263

One of the things Bloodborne also does is punish you for hammering attack.

If you get hit, the instinct is to try and instantly attack and get your health back. Most enemies however have attacks timed to give you time to dodge after a hit but not enough to get in an attack.

Lots of people get stunlocked frequently when they first play.
>>
>>378355186
Anyone who played this as your first Souls, how long did it take you to git gud?
>Cleric
Wrecked me. Decimated me. The intimidating atmosphere was the true challenge of the fight. Probably took me five tries before I realized how vulnerable he actually was.
>Gascoigne
Tough fucker on the first go but he really opened me up to how fun the game could be. My friend completely gave up on the game here. Really missed out.
>Amelia
Really thought I started to get the hang of things here. Still took a few tries but she wasn't that hard.
>Blood-Starved
This guy is really one of those bosses who's either a total pushover or a major roadblock. He was the latter for me. More tries than any other boss, including Orphan and Ludwig.
>Ring Wraiths
After defeating these guys, I had officially gotten gud. But then
>Rom
Is total horseshit and the least fun boss in the game. Otherwise I had a great time everywhere else.
>>
>>378356419
Have you considered gitting gud?
>>
>>378363824
There are also the few enemies and bosses that punish you for spamming dodge as well by pausing before attacking. Those pistol shrimp punches from the bloodletting beast and the abhorrent 3-hit combo come to mind.
This game forced me to actually pay close attention to what the enemy was doing instead of dodge at the first sign of movement.
>>
Ludwig m8
>>
>>378355186
It's so easy, I got platinum in 240 hours
>>
Just beat Vicra Amelia. Now what
>>
>>378355402
Vitality makes the game less fun. I levelled strength and skill to 50 and arcane to like 65 before even touching vitality.
>>
>>378364426
I played it for the first time earlier this year, having never played a souls game before. Still haven't, bloodborne is the only one.

>cleric
beat pretty easily first try
>papa g
died like 10 times before taking a week long break. came back and still died a handful more times before getting him
>bsb
like cleric beast, was easy for me first try
>amelia
scared the shit out of me with her screaming, died maybe 5 times
>shadows
nearly did them in first try until I got ohko'd by giant snakes when the last one was nearly dead. took another ~5 tries or so
>rom
died twice until i figured out how best to dodge the meteor shits
>bloody crow dude
killed me several times, had a hard time with his stupid gun that did 5 million damage. dunno exactly how many tries, close to 10 probably
>gehrman and moon boy
somehow beat them first try without dying, was expecting much worse than bloody crow but it wasnt as bad for me

Haven't done any of the dlc yet, got distracted by other games. Eventually I'll get to it, I'm curious to see how bad orphan really is.
>>
What was with the werewolves/werebeasts on the great bridge? They're a massive step up from any enemy you fight in that level, and it's before you even open the shortcut - which new players would've already found difficult.
>>
>>378355186
just fuck off
>>
>>378358965
The one reborn being a exception and shortcut for him is still annoyingly far.
>>
>>378368848
Orphan is an intense fucking fight. The whole DLC is brilliant.
>>
>>378368848
Bloody crow dude? The wet nurse?
>>
>>378369769
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst, some bullshit NPC foe that appears at the end of Eileen's questline
>>
>>378368394
I don't think dying in 1-2 hits from everything is fun, at least in a game like Bloodborne, maybe it's just me.
>>
>>378355186
only for the first 2 hours when you try to play it like dark souls, or are picking up a souls game for the first time
>>
>>378364426
>Cleric
Didn't even find it until after Gascoigne when I was wandering around looking for a way to progress that weren't through machine gun alley, so he was easy
>Gascoigne
Anally annihilated me
>BSB
Died about 4 times
>Amelia
Took me two tries because I had no idea how to interrupt the healing thing
>>
>>378368965
Rude
>>
>Papa Gas
destroyed me, it was here that I shook off the Dark Souls mindset and started to play aggressive
>Cleric
pretty easy, maybe died once or twice i think
>BSB
what an asshole. Was stuck for a good bit. I would get poisoned and start to panic and slip up. Played through the game many times and is still not a pushover.
>Witch
Great boss arena, boring fight, easy fight but I like to summon help just to make it less boring.
>Amelia
love this fight, not too hard but it always feels intense.
>Not Ring Wraiths
Little ashamed to admit i never tried them solo. Always get one of the NPCs if anything. Not a big fan of multiple bosses.
>ROM
never look forward to it, more annoying than anything
>One Reborn
Cool boss, meh fight. The intro is fucking tits though.
>Amydala
its alright
>Mensis boy
not too bad, can be tricky if he spams that call beyond or whatever.
>wet nurse
easy, maybe died once or twice
>Gerhman
fun fight, not too hard though
>moon man
easy as shit, never died once
>>
Meow
>>
Just bought this game recently and am having a blast.

My only gripe so far is that a lot of the bosses that, at first, seem like they are going to be cool and challenging end up being a little disappointing since parrying them makes them stupidly trivial.

Fire cleric beast was pushing my shit in pretty hard for the longest fucking while tho.
>>
>>378355186
Because you don't get spoiled like most AAA games do to you.
People meme up from but they want to make actual games not interactive movies.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.