[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: 2926503-surge.jpg (140KB, 551x640px) Image search: [Google]
2926503-surge.jpg
140KB, 551x640px
>>
sorry
>>
>>378352191
apoligize for wuht
>>
>>378352191
Gameplay-wise it was pretty solid but holy shit it was short. Everything should have been at least doubled; playtime, locations, weapon and armor variety, etc. I remember hearing in some interview that the game was only in development for like two years.
>>
I thought it was super weird that level 3 and 4 didn't have a boss fight or anything. And I'm not a fan of getting killed in 2 hits whether you have 100hp or 300. But it sure was a hell of a lot better than Lords of the Fallen, third try's the charm I'm sure.
>>
>>378352191
Theres nothing to apologize for. It's garbage.
>>
>>378352991
The game was surpringly easy for a souls-clone. Equip Pax 2.0, spam slide attack, profit. Worked up to and including final boss. Also, the ability to equip 15 heals.
>>
>>378352191
For? Pretty mediocre game.
>>
I WAS ALWAYS AS FREE
AS I WANTED TO BE
>>
Combat system was great, still fun even in new game plus

The enemy variety and lack of bosses was a serious problem thoough. It got super annoying how many enemies were hiding around a corner or behind a box, it seemed like that was the only trap developers were capable of coming up with.

It was way shorter than I expected, too. Some cool ideas but this company should try and focus their energy into a really high quality $20 title or something if they don't have the budget for something huge.
>>
>>378353232

I think the boss of the third level was the big sister, since you fight her in the transition between 3 and 4. The lack of a plant-themed boss or weird abomination in 3 and 4 respectively bummed me out a little.

This game could have used some more bosses for sure
>>
>>378354889
I was fine with enemy variety, but GOOD GOD that level design. Really could have used 90% less technical corridors.
>>
>>378352191
Not much to apologize for, m8. It's a decidedly mediocre game. I did like the look of it, though
>>
>>378352191
I'll buy it when it hits below $5 on G2A just like Lords of the Fallen.
>>
>>378352191
I enjoyed it, I just wish the team would hire some better artists or ideas guys. The environments were so fucking dull and unimaginative.
>>
>>378354882
I WAS ALWAYS AS FREE
AS A BIRD
>>
>>378355448
Does a garden blossom overnight?
>>
>>378355672
Was Rome built in one day?
>>
I feel like the game can be a foundation for a POTENTIALLY good game.
Right now it's way too fucking flawed, and while it's better than lords, it doesn't say much about the game.

Armor balance is absolutely FUCKED. There's Gorgon set and there's all other sets. Black Cerberus set is among the shittiest despite the fact it should be an actual combat gear.
Drone system is even worse than that weird-ass gauntlet thingy from the Lords. That one at least had a railgun mode. Aside form relatively shoddy melee, Surge has nothing to offer you.
There's a lack of weapon moveset variety that reminds me of DS2. Instead of actually unique movesets the only thing the game does is shifting the animation order at best. Boss weapons only add an elemental effect to some parts of the moveset.
Mastery system is dumbers shit possible that makes experimentation with different weapon types restrictive as fuck unless you want to grind.
Level design is utter garbage, though the game has a few well-hidden secrets.

Body part targeting is a neat idea, though, but it needs more applications. Force enemies to drop their weapons if their hand is damaged. Allow to straight remove body parts while enemies are still alive.
>>
>>378356382
Body targeting is garbage in the context of the game.

it's literally
>target each part for schematic
>then you need to grind for components, so target each body part until you get the components you need
>build it
>repeat for every enemy

Of course, if you're like me and just did the Lynx armor for teh whole game, it's literally
>target blue
>>
>>378352191
No
>>
>>378352991
Only with more varied environments, wouldn't want to see the same industrial areas for double the time.
>>
I don't know if it's because of the pirated version but enemy damage is fucking whack in this game.
Black Cerberus can 100-0 you if you get hit in a combo. Last boss flat out insta-kill you with some moves ( 600dmg buttsmash, 450hp combo with his right hand and so many more ).
I remember once getting jumped on by 2 security guard and after the first overhead staff smash hit me for 80% of my health the second one just hit 0.3s later finishing me off and obviously couldn't move because of the stagger.
>>
>>378358094
Also targeting different enemies was fucked because of the limb target system
>>
who /ironmaus/ here?
>>
>>378354779

>Used a guide to get a NG+ weapon
>Herp derp game's so easy guys!

I bet you used the drake sword too
>>
>>378352191
I just beat this game. Took me ~40 hours because I suck. It was kinda fun. Too bad the balance was shit (I sure like being insta-killed from across the map by a charge from a bootleg Blade Wolf I couldn't even see) and the level design was attrocious and had power conduits that you basically had to backtrack to the beginning of the level to figure out what the fuck they even did. Not to mention all the tiny corridors filled with enemies that you need to sidestep to avoid. Or how any weapon type but double-rigged sucks. People say the PAX 2.0 is the best but I spent like an hour trying to kill the asshole and then after using it for a few minutes I went back to my vibrocutter. At least till I got the Firebug Throttle 2.0 which I haven't stopped using till now that I have Claws of Gestalt. Being able to actually hit without having to wait on the enemy to do their obvious wind-down animation and being able to dodge in, attack, and dodge out during an enemy combo is actually fun.

>>378358867
Personally, I'd like to meet the genius who put the duck/jump on the same controls as changing limb lockon.

>>378359235
PAX is literally the only boss with a difficult hardcore kill. It took me hours because the cunt would hit himself with missiles or would touch me with a sword (without even moving the sword) and I'd die in one hit. It's literally harder to kill Firebug normally.
>>
File: TheSurge 2017-05-28 16-33-21-23.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge 2017-05-28 16-33-21-23.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck this conduit even unlocks? Announcer said something about the exhibition floor and there's a change in enemies there, but what exactly changed?
>>
>>378360627
try looking at the exhibits
>>
>>378360627
Is that a security room conduit? I think it unlocks a weapon in one of the cases.

Also adding to my wall of text, if the devs expect me to backtrack all the fucking way back to the first area with the security rig just to open a single door, they can suck my dick. Should've just given it to me at the beginning of NG+.
>>
F I V E
I
V
E
bosses lol
>>
>>378355146
This was the ultimate downfall of this game. Soulsborne games aren't just areas where you walk from room to room to kill the next guy. There is intricate level design with shortcuts, bypasses, even a little platforming from time to time. This was just hallway after hallway, it became unbearable.
>>
Wow some of the special moves you can do with the Firebug 2.0 look cool as hell. I missed the PAX 2.0, does it get special moves as well?
>>
When you hit an enemy the body parts you've hit light up in yellow. If you're using some bullshit twin rigged or staff or heavy duty nonsense then you're literally just multi-hitting all the parts of a dude and you can execute any body part you want once he's low enough health.

so you can run into a room, swing your shit like nuts and then just execute a fucker and you might even chop off a body part, the feature is only there to grind, not to progress.
>>
>>378360131
I agree with you on everything. I "beat" the game in 16 hours. I say beat, because I dropped it at Rogue process after getting killed while he was at sub 10% health left on his second form and I just said fuck this.
>>
>>378362864
I don't even know how it took you 16 hours when I took a bit less than 40. Yeah, I suck, but that doesn't really explain the difference. I get that often, I guess I just play games slowly.

As for Rogue Process, if you have the melee drone, you can literally attack it with the drone, position yourself so when the drone attacks you're in the path of the boss, and do your favourite combo. For me it's either the ring of fire or the backflip from the firebug. Over and over. Just dodge out, wait for your drone to hit, dodge in and spam.
>>
>>378363776
Souls formula for these games is super obvious. Focus on either combat for grinding materials/scrap, or focus on running past everything to progress.

That's it.

You probably fell into the "trap" of the series, which is fighting everything, dying, and losing all your progress. This just bloats the runtime.

It's faster and easier to focus. Running past everything is way faster then fighting your way to your destination. You could very easily get up to 10 attempts of sprinting int he time it takes to fight your way to the same spot.

Then because you lose everything if you die, it's easier to just fight one or two enemies, run back, bank your scrap and heal.

Its the same for all the souls games. End game of Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and 3 especially.
>>
>>378364206
Yeah, I did fight stuff a lot. That and my autism makes me run all around the level searching every nook and cranny, which with this game's shitty level design probably ate up a lot of my time.
Well, then again... I did start abusing the quick save/load they accidentally left in after I had to spend 20 minutes running to where I died... So maybe it's mostly my autism.
>>
What's the best heavy armor in the game and does it make a difference in how much damage you receive?
>>
>>378366410
best armor is bloodied proteus
>>
>>378366938
The hell is the difference between regular and bloodied? Bloodied requires more capacity, so i assume it's better at something
>>
>>378366410
Heavy armor is trash. Takes up way too much core power and doesn't actually give you higher armor than the Gorgon gear. Just wear Gorgon gear. The set bonus is great.

But if you REALLY have to use heavy armor, Proteus isn't the worst. The set bonus is nice. The bloodied version just has a much higher cost and a couple points of defense extra. Also to get a full set of bloodied you need 4 playthroughs since you can only get one piece a playthrough.
>>
>>378367437
>Also to get a full set of bloodied you need 4 playthroughs since you can only get one piece a playthrough.
The fuck you smoking. Bloodied hybrid respawns
>>
Same strategy for every enemy encounter.
Everything looks the same
Horrible optimization
Unbalanced weapons
Grinding

Oiece of dirt
>>
>>378367535
Oh he does? My bad then, I didn't waste my time getting a shitty armor set. Well, I guess with bloody you get an entire 8 defense for 2 more core power, so maybe it's worth it after all.
>>
>>378367914
>Horrible optimization
u wot m8
>>
>>378360131
>Or how any weapon type but double-rigged sucks.
>Being able to actually hit without having to wait on the enemy
Lol. Literally git gud.

I like the firebug 2.0 as much as the next guy but I found myself maining heavy-duty weapons the entire game. First the bloodhound, then the MG Judge 2.0 (coolest battle-axe ever). Here's a tip. You need to stack at most 4 stamina implants, that'll give you enough to spam the triple swing.

The trick to heavy weapons is to aim for the head. Guaranteed stunlocks. You can dash hit them in the head and go for a continuous combo. Higher stability armour being optional. The limbs aren't so bad to aim for (hitting the legs can knock them down) buts its the chest that's the most difficult - it dose carry the most defense afterall. They don't stagger to often when you aim for the chest.

Basically near the end game I started to ignore all the body parts (I was swimming in upgrade materials at this point) and aimed exclusively for their heads. If I wasn't able to get the initiative I would wait one attack and then dash for a head strike, then spam the horizontal against their heads. Either dash or begin swinging and they walk right into it. Its only the enemies with dash attacks that can be difficult. Although blocking is helpful at times near the end game I just ran around killing dudes in literal seconds.

Beat the last boss this way too - with a heavy weapon.

>PAX is literally the only boss with a difficult hardcore kill
I beat the security boss by killing everyone of the PAXs (I thought it would be harder but net me the full Cerberus armour set). Literally switch aim to the other leg when he goes for the stomp. Basically hit the leg that still on the ground. Boom. Always drops.
>>
>>378367914
>Horrible optimization
ahahahhaahahahahaha
>>
>>378367335
specific defense values are shifted

bloodied has higher crush resist, which is pretty much every endgame enemy besides the crysalis fucks while regular has better slash or stab resistance, look at the details for armors the general number they give is just an average of what resistances the armors give same with weapon values

power core amount for armor and implants is a literal non issue when ancillary core XLs exist and you easily have more than enough implant slots to spare
>>
>>378367437
>Heavy armor is trash.
No its not. I beat the game in Proteus and the final boss with Bloody Proteus. The gorgon regen doesn't matter when you carry 4 stamina implants. Literally at that point one bar can defeat all the late game enemies.
>>
>>378369156
>>378368494
>>378368494

Looks like shit
runs like shit
>>
>>378369574
Post specs, you cumguzzler
>>
>>378352191
sorry I bought this.
>>
>Get up to second boss
>Get to second phase first try, going well
>Fuck up a single dodge when it charges me
>Hits me for all my health and I die in one hit, having not taken a single hit the whole fight

Christ even PAX didn't oneshot me with one attack, what the shit? Also when do I get a heavy duty weapon that isn't the Bloodhound?
>>
>>378369737

750 ti
6 gb ram
2320 i5 3 ghz

Eat dirt

30 fps 720p is absymal when ps4 hardware hasnt changed. (ps4 running 30 fps 1080p high settings).
>>
Btw the medi-voltic implant Mk V (the one that converts energy to health) is the best implant to have when paired to both the energy capacity implant and the energy capacitor implant (the one that keeps a minimum energy - 30% or something). Basically you walk around with a free 100 heal or 125 if you rock the Proteus. I rarely had to use the medic-injectable even in the late game.
>>
File: 1458228657651.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1458228657651.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>378370032
Jesus christ
>>
>>378370071
Is there a high-level implants that give you free energy? I'm at the end of executive forum and i still only have level 1 version.
>>
>>378369897
I think you need more health implants. It makes a pretty big difference when it comes to survivability.
>>
>>378369805
Can you refund this piece of shit?
>>
>>378370210
Well, I mean, dying in one hit vs dying in two hits is like 200% the effective health.
>>
>>378370197
>free energy
Higher energy gain yes. First play through I could only find the +30% Mk II energy gain and the 20% Mk I. Nothing I know gives you free energy but the reason you need an energy capacity implant is because the energy capacitor implant holds only 30% - that's percent - so it increases the minimum it holds with a general larger capacity. But the cost for the medivoltic stays the same.

I think you should be able to find at least 2 Mk V medivoltics though. Before I continued through the executive forum I went back to all the old areas to find security doors (Metroidvania style). Some of them held high level implants in them. Some of them had other bullshit in them like 5 security guards and shit. But overall you'll notice the power difference between you and the starter enemies.

Its also a good way to find the nano upgrade materials if you've up'd your powercore enough.
>>
>>378370210
>>378369897
Got more health implants, turned out I'd found a vital booster v3 somewhere I didn't know about, plus I'm wearing Scarab armour so that helped with the set bonus.

I got a 'Firebug Throttle v2.0' for beating the boss. My PAX Imperator and other weapons don't have that on them, even though I have a few Mk II weapons. Is that just the name of the weapon or what?
>>
File: TheSurge 2017-05-29 03-12-57-02.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge 2017-05-29 03-12-57-02.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>378371103
>Nothing I know gives you free energy
>>
>>378371103
pretty sure you can stack those implants too so you can hold 100% of your energy if you dont spend any in a fight
>>
>>378370842
If the boss deals 100 damage then you die in 1 hit. If the boss deal 150 damage then you die in 2 hits if you have more then 150 health. What I'm trying to say is that attacks that might look like instant kills aren't actually. But indication that you need more health.

I went through half the game thinking if you get hit it means you need to git gud. So I never put health implants. Learned how wrong I was when I met the 3rd boss.
>>
>>378371385
Fair enough. I must've missed it. Still I personally don't like limited use items. The whole use once and done thing I don't value highly. Still how many charges does that hold anyway?

But back to the point at hand. Why would use an energy injectable to give you energy to use the medicvoltic injectable? Seams redundant.
>>
>>378372220
>limited use items
here's the fun part
it's limitless
>>
>>378372314
What? It works on a cooldown? That's pretty cool. I think the energy needed for the Mk V medivoltaic is like 28 I think? Still I've worked a strategy around limited energy. So personally I don't find it useful. (Just keep hitting it till it dies XD)

>that medic audit impant
Why do you still have that equipped? Could use that slot for something else like extra health, stamina or heal.
>>
Who the fuck designed the scorpion bots? All they do is spam their fucking bullshit jump that takes away 90% of your health.

I just finished the 3rd area and I want to kill myself
>>
>>378373156
dont worry theres an upgraded version of them to fight later
>>
File: photo_2017-01-01_03-22-52.jpg (13KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-01-01_03-22-52.jpg
13KB, 411x412px
>>378373445
Very nice
>>
>>378373156
>scorpion bots
Those guys are pretty tough in the beginning. Though after a few weapon upgrades I started to hunt them down. I had a heavy weapon so I would first aim for the tail to get the core drop then hit the side legs. They die pretty fast and they actually can stagger.

But the strategy I used in the very beginning was this. Let them jump and dodge to the side, double dodge if you have too. Then stab dash at their sides. Then jump back. Lame it out if you have to.

>takes away 90% of your health.
OH look at mister fancy with his health implants. I died in 1 hit like a champ. Was wearing lnyx set too.

>>378373445
The only bullshit thing about those guys its that freakin energy stun that goes through walls and over obstacles. That's bullshit.
>>
>>378373156
I don't know why so many people bitch about scorpions. They give a loud CLANG sound to indiciate their super obvious telegraphed jump attack. Dodge to the side a second after the CLANG, and hit with your favorite combo. Do this 2-3 times, free win no damage taken.
>>
File: this popcorn.png (253KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
this popcorn.png
253KB, 500x380px
>>378374069
i swear i couldnt tell where they are weak. Sometimes i hit for like 3 other times its like 30, while targeting the same area. I beat the game and i still dont understand those fuckers.
>>
>>378373898
>Was wearing lnyx set too
I was too but I equiped gorgon arms when I figured out those fuckers weren't minibosses and the place was filled with them. I swear to god this game feels like Anor Londo all the time.

>>378374069
Except when they notice you for the first time and decide they don't want to telegraph and fucking destroy you instantly. Or when they hit you through a wall. Or when they knock you down instantly only to charge immediatly after you get up.
>>
>>378374431
The only truly cancerous enemies I had trouble with were crysalis blobs.

A rock throw with no wind up that hits for 250, and a nasty hard to avoid swipe series, also doing fuckton of damage vs mkV gorgon set.
I am very glad they also had the charging muh lazor third attack, which is like, the slowest attack in the game, allowing Warren to walk to the blob and hit him with 2-3 combos.

Without that third attack, the room with conduit needed to progress guarded by two blobs would have been way too obnoxious.
>>
>>378375093
i literally just ran past every one of them after the first time i encountered one, thank god you get iframes through overcharging conduits
>>
>>378360627
exhibit right next to ops is unlocked, good weapon inside
>>
>>378375093
I'm not sure but I think maybe you can stun those fuckers. But I think the worst part about them is the fact that you had to overcharge them to kill them. That is annoying as funk. If you miss the prompt you gotta hit them more times and I was really never sure if the prompt was registering. Fuck that mini blob though. That shit was both scary and annoying.
>>
>>378361637
>backtrack all the fucking way back to the first area with the security rig just to open a single door
But muh Metroidvania though.

Also the beginning enemies are in fact a joke. Especially if you leveled up by then.
>>
File: 1475892259669.jpg (80KB, 350x284px) Image search: [Google]
1475892259669.jpg
80KB, 350x284px
>>378370032
>those specs
>>
File: speccy.jpg (108KB, 696x517px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
108KB, 696x517px
>>378370032
I came here just to laugh at you.
>>
File: 1447446563078.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1447446563078.png
2KB, 142x138px
>>378373156
Slide attack tail, slamdunk, loot
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.