[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is fallout lore dumb?? why would the overseas follow the rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: GameComic103S.jpg (543KB, 980x1122px) Image search: [Google]
GameComic103S.jpg
543KB, 980x1122px
is fallout lore dumb??

why would the overseas follow the rules the whole company is dead there is no money, the whole world is dead why the fuck would they follow the companies agenda

also what was valttechs end goals why start the wars for no fucking reason it's all fucking dumb

even warhammer 40k has a better story/lore
>>
>>378345364
bump
>>
>>378345364
Are you retarded? Are you stupid? Do you want an actual answer or are you looking for some big meme response?

>even warhammer 40k has a better story/lore
Nvm.
>>
>is fallout lore dumb??
yes
>>
>Make franchise that is merely a parody
>Sole purpose of series is so the left can lampoon what they hate, e.g. corporations, or can't understand, e.g. science
>Franchise is not meant to be logical
>Autists on the internet still debate this shlock seeking to poke holes in it

The only reason to play the series is for the ambiance of feeling like the last man on earth. It doesn't really have more to it. The stories are bad. A few of the ministories on the terminals can be good but they are just flavor text and were put in by accident. The writing is meant to be terrible. It is even a metaparody of science fiction that takes itself seriously thus awful stories.
>>
>>378349331
>Sole purpose of series is so the left can lampoon what they hate
What the fuck are you smoking man?
>>
>>378345364
>also what was valttechs end goals why start the wars for no fucking reason it's all fucking dumb

Yeah man, what could a company who specializes in making massive nuclear war bunkers possibly have to gain from starting a nuclear war?
>>
>>378345364
Since when did Vault-Tec start the war? I thought it was supposed to be a mystery.
>>
>>378349483
Oh you are one of those who thinks leftists didn't start ruining gaming until last week because someone yelled SJW.
>>
>>378349686
>I thought it was supposed to be a mystery.
Fallout 3 solved that for us. It was aliens. Pre-Bethesda it was fog-of-war both-sides-wanted-it a-bomb-went and then nukes. It was purposely vague.
>>
>>378349686
It was aliens now. Bethesda doesn't understand the lore. It's all about shooting and looting. Why would you want an rpg?
Fallout is dead.
>>
>>378350110
Fallout was never alive. Before bethesda it was a shitty little series that consisted of only 2 hackneyed games back in the 90's when most didn't have a computer one of which was a cookie cutter of the other. Only through the modern internet hype machine did it become more.
>>
>>378345364
>the overseas
The what?
This post is barely readable. Why do you have the right to call anyone dumb?
>>
>>378350496
>t. 17 year old
>>
>>378350709
You really think there is more to this franchise than hype.
>>378350706
overseers
>>
>>378351406
The game was based off GURPS and would have had legitimate tie in tabletop if it wasn't for both sides of the equation being fuckwits. There's been multiple conversions of the game into RPG rules, and talk of licensed works. Fallout 3 was almost greenlit before it died and was eventually resurrected by Bethesda. There was a couple of spinoff games before Bethesda got the rights.
>>
>>378351820
Tabletop is as dead as disco. Its last year of popularity was 1989 maybe. Long before this franchise.

Do you know anyone who played these spinoffs? The only one that gets talked about seldomly is Tactics.

If they had actually gone through with their Fallout 3: Doom build this series would have had a nail in its coffin long ago.
>>
>>378352346
>Do you know anyone who played these spinoffs?
Multiple people, I even know a poor fucker who owned Brotherhood of Steel for the Xbox.
>>
File: 1495999907445.png (446KB, 666x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495999907445.png
446KB, 666x720px
>>378349331
>Sole purpose of series is so the left can lampoon what they hate
>>
>>378349331
If its a lampoon its poorly done because the "better dead than red" shit and the futuristic crusaders are the best part of fallout
>>
>>378350496
Those crappy games were overshadowed by giants such as FF7, Zelda OoT, Half Life, MGS and Re2.

People only started caring when Fallout 3 was released. Then they became a meme in /v/.
>>
Fallout 1 : Not a lot of content, but most of it is decent one
Fallout 2 : Ton of shitty unfunny content, plus some good-mediocre content
>>
File: 1494938922444.jpg (864KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494938922444.jpg
864KB, 1920x1080px
I never liked the original Fallout games.
I don't like a lot of the games that /v/ sings praises for like Pathologic or Deus Ex.
>>
>>378354127
Don't worry, it's not your fault you're only 13
>>
>>378354127
True, I'll never buy anything based on /v/ praise.
Last game I bought was Dragon's Dogma and couldn't play more that 8 hrs, I was forcing myself to do so and that's not fun. The game is so bland, generic and uninspired.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.