[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Path of Exile.png (593KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Path of Exile.png
593KB, 800x800px
I just started playing Path of Exile

I really like it. It's just about the same as Diablo 2 and much better than Diablo 3, but it's free to play.

Can anyone give me some tips?

Also, I just discovered loot filters. What's your favorite loot filter?
>http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_item_filters#General_purpose_filters
>>
>>378342775
You playing hardcore?
>>
>>378343241
I was, but I died in like an hour.
>>
>>378343621
How is that even posible you hyper casual? Also 3.0 is coming out in jun-July and doubles the games content so don't get burned out. Every one who plays poe is waiting on it so if it seems like the game is deserted that's why
>>
>>378344307
I clicked on a yellow chest and then next thing I know, I was surrounded by 20+ glowing mobs and I died.
>>
>tips
Take your time and enjoy it. Learn which Quests aren't worth doing by doing them. You'll never get that first run again.

Also play on Softcore Legacy for your first play. And there's also >>378344307 soon if you wanna just take this time to learn before getting serious.
For the average player, you'll need to look up a build guide to get situated with your early characters, but you can see how far you get on your own for the first 1 or 2 without much hassle since it's not a new League.
As for Loot Filters, Neversink's is unobtrusive and covers everything of import and is always up to date within hours of changes.
>>
Oh and as tips go, a good offense is by far the best defence in poe pretty much any problems you face come from the fact that you are not killing fast enough

Oh and get as many life nodes as possible, when starting out with the passivery tree just go from health node to health node picking up useful stuff on the way. Until you understand what you are doing.
>>
>>378344835
>looking up a build guide

This is like looking up top tier decks in magic it robs you of 70% of the fun, I have been playing for like 4 years or so and I STILL find uniques I have never seen before
>>
Don't bother with HC until you've learned the game a bit. Way too easy to insta die if you are new.
>>
>>378342775
on their own, armor is mediocre and evasion is shit, but together along with energy shield (which is amazing) and lots of life, they add up. just don't do like armor only or evasion only, you need life and ES. Make sure you have life rolls on all your items, this game is about 1 shot and be 1shotted, gotta have that effective HP pool

frenzy charges are amazing too
>>
>>378345368
It's not fun hitting a wall because your build is complete shit nor is it fun to lose a hardcore character because your build is complete shit. Go dick around and explore different builds after you already gotten your fill of the game, not before because you'll have very bad experiences.
>>
>>378345368
>build guide
I see it more as a crutch to help those who aren't sure what's good and what's not, ESPECIALLY efficient tree pathing, to figure it out. I did Build Guides for my first few back in late-Beta until I got a decent grasp of it and could properly plan because I understood.
>>
>>378345513
Jack of all trades
>master of none
>>
>>378345513
Ignore this idiot. Choose one damage mitigation and max it.
>>
>>378344692
That's a strongbox. They need to be identified like items, and when you click on them they summon monsters that you kill to get the boxes loot.

Blue and yellow ones can have a bunch of modifiers that make them more challenging or rewarding. But they tend not to drop too much good loot.
>>
>>378345907
God, they've totally fucked Scion. All her potential builds are objectively shittier than an equivalent on any other base class. And the changes they made to her Ascendancy for the 3.0 Beta thus far have been so lackluster. There's only three or four good combos at most.
>Still can't combine Ascendancy nodes from the same Class
>Minor buffs at most to some of them
>They actually Nerfed some of them that nobody fucking used, like Gladiator
>Some which are also shit-tier remain unchanged
>>
>>378342775
The most important thing in your build is defenses. Plan around them.

Most builds in the game can do with one or two damage clusters, and nodes you need to get to keystones or specific nodes that change stuff significantly.

Everything else you will have on the skill tree will be life, evasion, or energy shield.

You need +170-250% life if you are doing armor or evasion. You should get most of it within ~70 levels.

ES is getting overhauled, but you can do with a bit less nodes in it, since it's more dependent on gear than anything else.
>>
>>378345767
>it's not fun unless I'm winning all the time!

What are you talking about you can get level 90 with Gmulti fireball, shaper and azeRI are content specifically made for min-max 500c builds it's not a big deal if your 1st fucking character can't do them. You never hit a wall in poe you just hit a downward slope where you have to start kitting but it'd all a learning experience your character dies then you look at the cool uniques you farmed up and go "what build can I make with this?"

If you remove making your own build and you buy all your preselected gear all youre left with is holding down freezing pulse at crabs and that's 0 fun.
>>
>>378346216
But that scion ass though
>>
why is the arc skill gem so powerful for mobbing?
>>
Is there any point starting now pre-expansion?
>>
>>378347230
Learning how the game works, classes, gems and such.
But if you've waiting with playing it until now you can wait a couple months for the expansion to release.
>>
>>378347230
Fun?
>>
>>378342775
I'm new too but let me give you a few tips that I learned recently.

Don't take the first few chars you make seriously, just experiment with shit and save the good equipment you get
Using curses as auras with blasphemy support is the best shit ever
Just use blue equipment and change its stats with orb of alteration to whatever you need, no need for yellow unless you get lucky and get them with the stats you need
Mana regen isn't very useful when you can leech mana or just use more mana flasks
Check the vendor recipes if you haven't yet
>>
>>378347687
>Using curses as auras with blasphemy support
>My sustain comes from curses
>walk into big monster pack
>increase critical chance
>heavy critical
>immune to curses

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.