[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What video game has the single largest non-randomly generated dungeon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Lakebed-Temple-Staircase.png (972KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Lakebed-Temple-Staircase.png
972KB, 1000x562px
What video game has the single largest non-randomly generated dungeon?
>>
blackreach from skyrim? the way it connects all over the map and is a gateway to many other dungeons is pretty great

or maybe blackrock depths from WoW, it was a pretty epic 5-man that needed a few nights for your group to complete
>>
ICO
>>
eridanus
>>
>>378341672

SMT: Strange Journey, YHVH's Universe

though I think SMT 2 has something even bigger, but i've played it
>>
>>378341957
Blackreach isn't that big and it's divided up into a ton of loading screens.

MC, BRS, Ulduar, and AQ were all considerably larger than BRD.
>>
>>378341957
to add on this, lots of games have exceedingly long dungeons(phantasy star, wizardry) but those are long for the sake of being long. by the time youve slogged through uzo island youll just wonder why it needed to be so long, whereas blackreach is a fun place to explore despite its size
>>
>>378341957
I don't think of Blackreach as a dungeon. It's a large open area with various points of interest. It's more like a hub.
>>
>>378342409
>mc
feels small, was boring and easily clearable in one night by even the worst raiding guilds
>brs
was two separate instances
>ulduar
similar to mc
>aq
you could use mounts here and 90% of the raid had literally nothing in it

40naxx would have been a better example because it was large and the space was well utilized
>>
>>378342279
It´s strange, but SMT IV:A final dungeon felt way bigger than that one, maybe because it ended up being a little bit tedious
>>
File: latest[1].png (448KB, 1000x567px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
448KB, 1000x567px
Can we have a 'that dungeon' thread?
>>
File: All might goldenface.png (623KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
All might goldenface.png
623KB, 1111x597px
>>378341672
Here's a fucking throwback: The Mines of Morlia and the Dwarven ruins that lead all the way to Pluton in Tales of Phantasia. Fuck me that shit was hard as a kid.
>>
>>378343202
'that dungeon' has already been named here, its called uzo island and its the thing pre-internet nightmares were made of
>>
In some games like Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis and Grimrock the whole game is a dungeon
>>
File: fuck this place.jpg (5KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this place.jpg
5KB, 240x210px
I still get triggered. I ended up somehow to Ultimas lair by accident the first time i was there and got my shit slapped. I waited like few weeks before i started playing again.

Frustrating as all hell
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (98KB, 458x280px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
98KB, 458x280px
>>378343202

Also this

>2d map for a 3d area making it completely useless
>realise too late you could have skipped half the dungeon once you figure out the passwords are star trek characters
>>
File: Bitterblack_Isle.png (1MB, 1000x475px) Image search: [Google]
Bitterblack_Isle.png
1MB, 1000x475px
>>378341672
Dragon's Dogma
>>
I'd say Etrian Odyssey but that feels like cheating because it's floor by floor and each are separate levels even if it's continuous.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.